Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading strategy before the fork in mid-nov  (Read 1270 times)
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:48:49 PM

I think this time is a much harder decision than with bitcoin gold because it seems to be a far more serious fork. I still would advocate stocking up on bitcoin for the most part in anticipation of the price increasing, as well as selecting a few alts that you're prepared to hold for a fair while that are currently cheap.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:46:16 AM

Lots of chart analysis suggest it will continue to go up so I'd just buy if there's any significant dips even sell some if there's a nice spike before it forks

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:00:40 AM

What is your strategy before the fork in the middle of next month. Do you buy up before the fork, or do you believe that it will fall in the aftermath of the fork, and therefore sell a bit off now?
This is both in relation to BTC and Altcoins

my strategy before the november fork is to stock up much bitcoins that i recieved in signature campaigns,bounty campaigns, social media campaigns and faucets. in this way , i can still maximize my available balance so that i can get the equivalent forked coins (bitcoin gold ) but after this i will probably sell off both my bitcoins and bitcoin gold because i foreseen that there will be a price drop in the next following days.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:13:20 AM

What is your strategy before the fork in the middle of next month. Do you buy up before the fork, or do you believe that it will fall in the aftermath of the fork, and therefore sell a bit off now?
the strategy I'm using right now is just holding back the Bitcoin I have.
Hold and maybe I will get some new coins result from hardfork.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:54:04 PM

Bitcoin price seems stand strong recently and may increase to $6500 until next  hard fork, I guess.
people tend to buy more bitcoins during the way of hard fork which created another free altcoin for 1:1 for bitcoin holders.
On the other hand, altcoins may drop a little bit due to investors and traders may allocate their funds into bitcoin.
However, there is a possibility of bitcoin price decline after hard fork, but btc1 may get dumped harder after get listed on exchanges.
Altcoins boost up whenever there is the some bitcoin fork coming up and that is why people sell out BTC in order to grab famous promising altcoins likeEthereum, monero, litecoinetc to get profits. However this pump is for a very short duration and basically a push for bitcoin to rise up even more than the past. The best is to buy make more bitcoin by selling it before the fork and buy it when the price is very low and hold it on.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:56:09 PM

Lots of chart analysis suggest it will continue to go up so I'd just buy if there's any significant dips even sell some if there's a nice spike before it forks

Moving upwards is on the cards and with every dip a small or as per your appetite a buy should be on the mind so that before the fork you have a good amount of btc and can make some good short term profits in the coming time as prices is set to surge further towards 8k mark.
BlockGemini

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 01:12:40 PM

B2X [FUTURES] on CMC is up almost 92% in the last 7 days. Not sure how accurate this is a potential indication of a strong consolidation post fork.

I will continue to stand pat and hodl everything!
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:53:25 PM

My strategy has always been the same in the last for years. And from all the experience i gathered during those times, there is only one important you need to do. And that is believing n bitcoin and holding it. I am holdler. holdling is my strategy!

But holding alone is not profitable, I mean what do you do to make profit out of your current bitcoin? Can you share when is the best time to buy ,sell or hold?
Crypto Capital

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

🔥3.5% a Month🔥Loans bit.ly/2JRWesw

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:07:27 PM

My strategy has always been the same in the last for years. And from all the experience i gathered during those times, there is only one important you need to do. And that is believing n bitcoin and holding it. I am holdler. holdling is my strategy!
But holding alone is not profitable.

Holding is profitable, just look at the growth in most of the established currencies over the past year. Actively trading in a smart way can be more profitable overall but for the average joe, holding and accumulating really is the best strategy if you don't have time to chart gaze, otherwise you'll probably get burned.

├   Crypto Capital   ─  「Loans」─「Brokerage」─「BTC sales」 ╡
⊷  E-mail  ⊶ ● ⊷  Telegram  ⊶
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 02:24:08 PM

Personal strategy is to accumulate predominantly BTC and a small percentage of carefully selected alts. BTC already reached a new ATH just days after the much anticipated HF on october the 25th, it's like a friggin' bulldozer. I have no confidence the alt-market is going to recover significantly towards december and most likely won't change strategy on the foreseeable term.
It make sense to hold your bitcoin until the fork already done for you to have more earning a part for your investments and tradings, but you could also sell a portion of your bitcoin for you to buy bitcoin when its price dump on the given fork on mid November, we all know that there will be going to have a new Bitcoin gold that could have a value on the market and can also give you a time to hold another form of crypto-currency good for transaction and the process of bitcoin system in terms of stock movement and volume issues.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

thanks for all your strategy. I'm afraid that this coming fork the price can crash at any time because Im sure that there willbe a panic sellers that can make the price go crash. so the best strategy before the fork is to hold your coins then we sell out all our coins so the price can dump and we could buy at low price again.
theborngeek

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:56:59 PM

Following
sangwookie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:01:17 PM

Personal strategy is to accumulate predominantly BTC and a small percentage of carefully selected alts. BTC already reached a new ATH just days after the much anticipated HF on october the 25th, it's like a friggin' bulldozer. I have no confidence the alt-market is going to recover significantly towards december and most likely won't change strategy on the foreseeable term.

I think Altcoins will take a long time to recover. They have some great ideas but I think corporations like Apple, Airbnb, Uber and others will start to make their own cryptocurrency like what Amazon is trying to do now.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:13:20 PM

I believe it will fall but in a very slightest margin because only few will sell their bitcoins specially the beginners that they want to be sure that their invested capital will be safe, Then if the bitcoin price will fall a little i think it will be an opportunity for some investor to purchase bitcoin at least at a cheaper than $7,300 as of today. Most of the holders now are so much trust the bitcoin specially after China ban and JP Morgan criticism bitcoin in which bitcoin become more stable that also this coming Segwit2x is nothing to be worry.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:09:16 PM

May be there is still some chance to grab the profits because bitcoin won’t stop here and it will keep rising even further. At least until the fork is passed away we are secure with prices more than 7000USD. Everyone want that coin so everyone will hold until then. SO its perfect time to buy more bitcoin but with afforadble loss only. That must be taken into consideration all the time because we all no crypto currency market is very uncertain and nobody knows what will happen before few days of fork and after few days of the fork. Better buy now, get some profit window and sell high during the fork.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:24:37 PM

Hard forks are pretty much goldmines when you stock up a big balance and wait for the fork to happen. Shouldn't at all be afraid about price drops after a fork as we've seen two forks go by and Bitcoin has been swift on its way back to the top. So I would suggest only one thing: buy up and HODL and wait for money to roll in!

A bit of caution is needed there!

Hard forks so far have turned out to be goldmine because of the airdrops/bonuses the new coins have supported, but might not always be so. After the Bitcoin gold split, price of Bitcoin was supposed to drop in principle, but because the Segwit2x - B2X, is a more significant hard fork than BTG, most traders and investors refused to sell their Bitcoins, which explains why the prices of altcoins are still down and Bitcoin making new ATH. However a change in the status is imminent soon after the hard fork and the bonus secured.

Looking at how low major altcoins like ETH, LTC, XMR, etc have fallen, I suggest to anyone having some deposits in bank and wants to end the year in style, to quickly withdraw them and start buying altcoins, while still hodling their Bitcoin!

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:32:55 PM

I do investment in Bitcoins and I am doing research on some promising alt-coins too but as of now, I am not investing in any coin at least for the period of next 2 months as I believe that we are going to face the correction in the price level. However, I will start buying in small lots during and after the correction as I am also expecting the organic growth in the next year which might touch $7K before mid-2018.
Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:59:53 PM

There are a lot of predictions about Bitcoin price after the hardfork over some think that Bitcoin price will keep increasing but some is opposite, they don't believe in Bitcoin and they think Bitcoin price will dump after the hardfork on this month. But in my own opinion I always believe in Bitcoin so I think Bitcoin price will keep increasing after the upcoming hardfork on this month Cheesy. For now I'm trying to trade to earn more Bitcoin to prepair for the hardfork so maybe in next few days I'll stop trading for few days and wait until the hardfork is over Cheesy
x86Daddy

Activity: 216
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

As you can see, after hard fork Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin continues going up. Therefore, I still believe investing in Bitcoin.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:06:19 PM

Well since the price is extremely bullish right now because people are realizing that nobody can stop it, not even Jamie Dimon, China, forkcoins that are attacks on the Bitcoin network like Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, and the upcoming one SegWit2X. Also, because the CME just announced Bitcoin futures trading the price is rising fast right now. I think it'll do it's usual mini-crash before or around the SegWit2X launch so keep an eye out for buying the dip then.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: