Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:58:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide: Building a Solar Powered Mining-Plant  (Read 32391 times)
zoran

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:38:27 AM

Too costly.  Spend 2k$ on farm +10k$ on batteries and panels. You'll have to run this for years to get you money back. (IF you will get them back ever).
By the way, at my location - sun and the wind will not be enought to power any device for a half of a year.
Nyrb

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:40:05 PM

Thanks for the info! definitely looking into it
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:12:20 PM

Too costly.  Spend 2k$ on farm +10k$ on batteries and panels. You'll have to run this for years to get you money back. (IF you will get them back ever).
By the way, at my location - sun and the wind will not be enought to power any device for a half of a year.

It's like this with any solar system. They are expected to take 12-14 years to pay off in most cases. But they last for almost twice that (or more), so the long term benefits are great. The short term are not.

In the US, you can also get tax rebates, though, that cover like 30% of the cost of your panels and installation. But again, the cost is great; you do this for the long haul, not to earn back your money in a year. If it were that simple, every house in the world would already have solar panels.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: