Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:04:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HOWLCOIN ★  (Read 10922 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zerghunter68

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:14:51 AM

Yes, I missed like 4 times now just by a few seconds (it irritates people and it leaves sour taste when you miss so). Even when I am sitting at a computer I still miss, because I will browse something and miss by minute or two. I can't think a final solution now, but could you at least make not 10 seconds, but something like 1 minute for now?

Despite everything, thanks for keeping in touch with community, I am very excited for HOWLCOIN project, I just don't wan't it to lose people, because they get tired and frustrated to keep clicking the button.
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

Why is it that the next claim says after 59 m and the minimum withdrawal is 20 HWL? Is that really the case for everyone?
komax_vc

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:22:05 AM

Mining now works in a different way.

At the top of every hour, a button appears on the miner. If you click the button, you earn 1.25 HWL.

The button only appears for 10 seconds, at the top of every hour (So at Midday exactly, at 1pm, at 2pm etc). Those are your 10 second windows to collect HowlCoins. This means you no longer need to leave the miner running on your PC. All you have to do is offer your 'time' by being there at the top of the hour to collect your coin. This means a millionaire and a broke person have no advantage over each other- if they are there running the miner at the top of the hour they will get their coin when the button appears and they click it.

This is also a much more secure way to distribute coins. Depending on what happens, we may eventually introduce a Captcha style puzzle to solve instead of it just being a button.

I really liked the idea to mine with "time" - leave it running in the background and collect from time to time (would be even better if it would become automatized). Now this system that you have to click something is very similar to faucets (even Captcha in the future), which I find very frustrating. If the main reason for this change is to equalize mining for rich and poor , then why not just do 1 device per IP (it would be too much hassle for "rich" to set up multiples mining places just to mine with a few more devices).

Sorry, but I am greatly against this change.  Undecided

I also do not like this change. You can restrict per IP address.

I agree restrict per IP address.

zerghunter68

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:15:16 PM

I also do not like this change. You can restrict per IP address.

This is a good idea, unfortunately it is still fairly easy to overcome, users simply open tabs with proxies. Leaving 20 tabs open in this way would allow them to 20x their mining returns compared to someone who just has 1 open. The button that only appears at the top of the hour means you have to physically act to get the coin and it's very difficult to scale that action to cheat the system. It is a little slower to earn this way but the payout rate will go up if usage is a lot lower.

Can vpn and proxy problem be resolved by verifying your identity for 1 ethereum address (I don't have a clue how this would be done Huh)? You could mine to one address from one IP and if you'd create more address to mine, you will have to verify that it's for a different person.
Then it would be clearly visible which addresses are "cheating" by mining from tons of different IPs.

I assume you can see from which IP people withdraw coins to which eth address? If no, then my advice is worthless in this problem.
Daluxx

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:45:34 PM

Is it possible to check if currently someone is mining for a specific ETH address? Then you could just allow that at the same time only 1 miner is allowed to run for an eth address. Furthermore you can restrict the IP or set a cookie for the specific browser and block it there. Of course I then could create multiple ETH wallets and mine also with different browsers + proxy, but from my side that would be also better then the 10 seconds time windows solution when I have to click the button. There are so much problems like eg you reload and then the button is already gone, stuck internet connection, browser stuck, I think people will not follow that procedure long. Think about it, you are dev. Smiley
wookot

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:06:55 PM

Just miss claim...
no, it's not the good idea, need something different
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:18:30 PM

I'm curious, how many people have actually hit the button in time so far? Can you tell? I've had it open in my browser for a couple of days now but I haven't remembered about it at the right time once. I guess I could set an alarm..

EddieNigma (OP)

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:32:31 AM

New video: HowlCoin miner update
Doctor-Coin

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:09:12 PM

why you ignore all the people's comment here and just put a video link?  It is really not possible to hit the button after 60 minutes ... I fail today 4 times and this is not funny ...
shlomo_shekelberg

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:10:51 AM

I'm kinda pissed about the new mining system - really hard to actually get any coins.
All so, sometimes, for me, my miner shows that I have 0 coins mined, and after a couple of refreshes it shows my actual balance. (i use chrome for mining).
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:06:47 PM

Since the team initiate a new miner app, I have not been able to mine a single coin, this is very frustrating, if you indeed want to make this a serious project, I don't need to stick to my system always because I want to mine a coin, tell me other coins that you need to mine this way

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
HowlCoin

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:05:39 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 09:00:48 PM by HowlCoin

I'm changing names as the previous name causes some confusion (people thinking the project is abandoned even minutes after an update and a post about the update). The previous name was created when I launched a site called Coin Riddles, where you solve a Riddle to win some BTC or ETH. This username is much better for posting HowlCoin updates.

A Solution like a Faucet that you can claim every 60min 1.25HWL by pressing a button or filling a captcha is better.

Other coins have used this method to distribute, however it still allows people to "double dip" or even "10x dip" if they use multiple computers/proxies. It's very difficult to distribute coins to people in a way that prevents double dipping. Though Bitcoin's method of distributing is genius, it's a method that allows anyone with the most money to buy more processors and get more coins.

Also the current HowlCoin miner is not too much different to what you are describing. You can claim the HWL every 60 minutes, the only difference is it has to be at that exact time.

Since the team initiate a new miner app, I have not been able to mine a single coin, this is very frustrating, if you indeed want to make this a serious project, I don't need to stick to my system always because I want to mine a coin, tell me other coins that you need to mine this way

There is usually always some level of inconvenience to mining. For Bitcoin, that inconvenience is going out and buying a mining rig for thousands of dollars and then having to compete with people/companies who have mining farms (I elaborated on this is the recent update video). For HowlCoin, the problem of having to spend money to mine is taken away and the problem of being able to mine more than anyone else is improved. The negative is that you have to be present to claim your coin. Allowing you to claim your coin in an automated way would allow anyone to set up multiple claims.

If someone can think of a solution where coins can be distributed to individuals automatically without the possibly of them 'double dipping', you have a solved a MAJOR problem and every UBI-coin dev will want to talk to you.

I don't need to stick to my system always because I want to mine a coin

You only have to log on right before the claim time at the top of the hour, but yes it does require a physical presence and click which is what makes it hard for users to double dip. Users who find it too inconvenient will simply not mine and not take part in it- similar to how most Bitcoin users love Bitcoin but don't take part in mining because it's too inconvenient to buy a rig.

EDIT: The withdrawal queue is large and will go out when the blockchain is no longer clogged. As you can see here the safelow cost is 54cents which makes sending out hundreds of transaction too expensive and slow. Usually the cost is 1-3 cents. Once it slows down withdrawals and airdrops will go out.
zerghunter68

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:56:42 PM

Sometimes when I leave miner page open and come back in a hour or two, I find frozen miner timer and have to reload to fix it. Sometimes clicking the button depends on timer not being frozen (when I come back to miner tab only 20-10 seconds before button appears).
-doubleU-
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:16:38 PM

I have the Miner Page running for few hours...today i have a popup window with the error message "An error occured running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was: too much recursion"

Sometimes when I leave miner page open and come back in a hour or two, I find frozen miner timer and have to reload to fix it. Sometimes clicking the button depends on timer not being frozen (when I come back to miner tab only 20-10 seconds before button appears).
that Problem have i too in the last days...

███████████████████████████
█████████▀▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀████████
█████▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀█████
████ █▀▄███████████▄▀██████
███▄█ ███████▀ ██████ █ ███
██▀█ ███  ▀▀█  ▀██████ █ ██
██ █ ████▄▄      ▀▀▀██ █ ██
██ █ █████▌        ▄██ ████
███▄█ █████▄▄   ▄▄███ █▀███
████▀█▄▀█████▌  ▀██▀▄█ ████
█████▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀▄█████
████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████████████████████
█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█  ▄  ▄▀▀ █   ▄▀█ ▀█▀ ▄▀▀ ▄███▄
█ █▀█ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀ ▀▀█ █   █ █  █  ▀▀█ ▀███▀
█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█     ▄▄▀ ▀▄▄ █▄▀  █  ▄▄▀   
                                        █
████████████████████████████████████ 
███▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀███ 
█▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀████▄
█ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ █████
█ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ █████
█▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄████▀
███▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████████████████████████████
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▐█████████████▌
▄█  █████████
▄█████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████  ███████████▀
▄█  ██████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████████▀
███████
█████████████████████
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
raddledpalm

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:38:47 PM

Didn’t quite get... Where can I buy tokens?
jcarl987

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:41:36 PM

Didn’t quite get... Where can I buy tokens?

Hi! You can buy it on Etherdelta already here: https://etherdelta.com/#0xe43c9231538fff72cb2aff2f09dd20ce950f8ebc-ETH

HowlCoin

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:19:56 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 12:08:25 PM by HowlCoin

I see the new miner is considered too annoying to use so I am going to move it back to the old version with some upgrades. So the old mine is under maintenance- if you are still running it just hit withdraw when you are ready and it will be processed. The new miner will still have a high withdrawal limit to prevent hundreds of requests at once, but it will also offer more HWL per minute, and you will be able to leave it on in the background. This style of miner (build up over time with no click required) is likely to be the final one used.

Thankfully the blockchain is finally easing in congestion. All pending payouts will be sent out when the SafeLow returns to normal which is 1-2 gwei (if it doesn't happen soon i'll just start sending them at the higher gas price). The new miner will be released this coming week along and at the same time the android app will be released as a downloadable apk also so you can mine from an extra device if you want too. Please if possible use the same wallet address so all payouts can be combined into 1 transaction. Every separate address costs gas/ether to send, anywhere from 0.1c to 30c per payout depending on how clogged the blockchain is.

I will post here again when the new miner is live.

memer

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:57:43 PM

Awesome news!
jcarl987

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:42:47 AM

I see the new miner is considered too annoying to use so I am going to move it back to the old version with some upgrades. So the old mine is under maintenance- if you are still running it just hit withdraw when you are ready and it will be processed. The new miner will still have a high withdrawal limit to prevent hundreds of requests at once, but it will also offer more HWL per minute, and you will be able to leave it on in the background. This style of miner (build up over time with no click required) is likely to be the final one used.

Thankfully the blockchain is finally easing in congestion. All pending payouts will be sent out when the SafeLow returns to normal which is 1-2 gwei (if it doesn't happen soon i'll just start sending them at the higher gas price). The new miner will be released this coming week along and at the same time the android app will be released as a downloadable apk also so you can mine from an extra device if you want too. Please if possible use the same wallet address so all payouts can be combined into 1 transaction. Every separate address costs gas/ether to send, anywhere from 0.1c to 30c per payout depending on how clogged the blockchain is.

I will post here again when the new miner is live.

I think this was a good decision. I applaud your determination to make it completely fair but if nobody is using it then it's pointless.

SAM-Crypto

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:19:23 AM

Very good news. Thank you very much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: