Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:20:32 AM

Just thought to let Devcoin owners know that tagcash.com is now live for trading of Devcoin against multiple other coins, as well as 9 fiat currencies. No transaction charges.
Will it be on tagbond exchange too?

Thats sweet so now you can buy dvc via fiat from bank transfer paypal or another crypto!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TBCM

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:45:45 AM

I made a Devcoin Faucet Smiley

It gives out 0.001% of the faucet's balance to new adopters. Please make some donations; I have less than 100 DVC.
I just sent you 2500 Devcoins to get the faucet going. We need about 8 more of these sites. Smiley
Bittzy78

I checked it out, will send back anything that I get but I did have one concern. When you enter your details, you are then directed too a page with a link to "get more" which returns you to the first page and allows you to enter details again. I did  this 3 times to check and it seems very open to possible abuse?

Just commenting, not meaning to criticise. I couldn't build a devcoin faucet Cheesy

Abuse is possible, but highly unlikely. Very few people will spend the whole day solving captchas to get a couple coins. They'll most likely end up looking for information to mine them.

For example, check my Dogecoin faucet. The reward is 0.01 DOGE per use and it has a minimum withdraw threshold of 5 DOGE (the transaction fees are huge and the donations nonexistent). Only 7 people have reached that during the last week. The Devcoin faucet gives now about 0.45 DVC per use. If we extrapolate, that means there might be at most one person each day on average who gets 0.45*500=225DVC (and that's very generous, since DVC is not as popular as DOGE). It would take about 200 days for the faucet to dry at that pace.

Thanks to those who have donated to the faucet.

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:08:58 PM

It gives out 0.001% of the faucet's balance to new adopters. Please make some donations; I have less than 100 DVC.
I just sent you 2500 Devcoins to get the faucet going. We need about 8 more of these sites. Smiley
Bittzy78

I checked it out, will send back anything that I get but I did have one concern. When you enter your details, you are then directed too a page with a link to "get more" which returns you to the first page and allows you to enter details again. I did  this 3 times to check and it seems very open to possible abuse?

Just commenting, not meaning to criticise. I couldn't build a devcoin faucet Cheesy

Abuse is possible, but highly unlikely. Very few people will spend the whole day solving captchas to get a couple coins. They'll most likely end up looking for information to mine them.

For example, check my Dogecoin faucet. The reward is 0.01 DOGE per use and it has a minimum withdraw threshold of 5 DOGE (the transaction fees are huge and the donations nonexistent). Only 7 people have reached that during the last week. The Devcoin faucet gives now about 0.45 DVC per use. If we extrapolate, that means there might be at most one person each day on average who gets 0.45*500=225DVC (and that's very generous, since DVC is not as popular as DOGE). It would take about 200 days for the faucet to dry at that pace.

Ok, I had a good laugh after I clicked on your link for the  Bernankoin Printer.

That was pretty funny... Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

Quick question.  I was attempting to send DVC for the first time yesterday from the new wallet and it allowed me to send 150,000, when I tried to send other amounts anything over 2,000 produced an error saying that the amount was over the limit?  Has anyone else ran into this and is there anyway for me to fix it?

novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:56:10 PM

After trying out the faucet the page said the following:

You haven't reached yet the minimum payout threshold, so we can't send you anything this time.

Your reward has been assigned to the address 1MJ21NMydr9dNu65tga6oBDa6coiq3bRXz. You may request a payout when you reach 1 Devcoins.

Total accumulated on 1MJ21NMydr9dNu65tga6oBDa6coiq3bRXz: 0.4472838 DVC

Checking my wallet it is showing a credit for the transaction for +100000.00 with 9 confirmations to date. That cannot be the intention of the faucet is it? Let me know if something went amiss and once fixed the DVC will be returned to the faucet.

To be clear, only one request was made and it appears that my wallet then received a +100000.00 credit.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:57:47 PM

Thanks for the explanation Smiley

I have 17 DVC to my name right now, but Ive been looking for somewhere to donate to when I get my first sale paid in DVC so I will send you 10% of whatever that sale is. Sorry I have nothing right now, but good for you for building it Smiley

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:03:16 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 03:36:55 PM by jasinlee

Open source pcb project, if anyone would like to assist.
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12567.0

I am not sure if any bounties are available for it, but we would like to get the dvc community assistance if anyone wants to help.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Tibbers

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

The new Devcoin video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkzHpJTAwd0

There were some updates so it ended up being moved.  ENJOY!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:41:03 PM

The new Devcoin video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkzHpJTAwd0

There were some updates so it ended up being moved.  ENJOY!

Thanks! I couldn't actually see whether Motto was fixed as that page flashed by too fast to read, I think my bandwidth is a bit choppy to do video.

I am linking it from my facebook page.

I wonder if that will lead to losing my facebook account as supposedly happened to people who linked to Devtome.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:49:47 PM

Is there an RSS feed url for individual writers on Devtome?

thanks,

ioldk
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:12:42 PM

Is anyone here a regular or old-time contributor to wikipedia? The initial devcoin page was close to deletion. I've just had a go at editing it more in line with their requirements but to be fair to them there's little we can offer today in terms of verifiabilty etc that's not just a link to a devcoin site. Perhaps having somebody with more wiki kudos get involved would help.
Papacrusher

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:36:28 PM

Quick question.  I was attempting to send DVC for the first time yesterday from the new wallet and it allowed me to send 150,000, when I tried to send other amounts anything over 2,000 produced an error saying that the amount was over the limit?  Has anyone else ran into this and is there anyway for me to fix it?

Can anyone please help me with this?  Yesterday 5000 DVC was too much and today 250,000 DVC is too little?!? Huh  I'm attempting to support the spend devcoin sites, but I can't get the wallet to accept the amount.  Thanks.

weisoq

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

Can anyone please help me with this?  Yesterday 5000 DVC was too much and today 250,000 DVC is too little?!? Huh  I'm attempting to support the spend devcoin sites, but I can't get the wallet to accept the amount.  Thanks.
what 'new wallet' do you mean?
Papacrusher

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:09:43 PM

what 'new wallet' do you mean?

The one developed by sidhujag, I believe its the most recent one added to devcoin.org.

weisoq

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:29:03 PM

The one developed by sidhujag, I believe its the most recent one added to devcoin.org.
Ok, that's shakezula's installer and it should just be the same source and .exe packaged in an installer. Sorry he's the guy to ask on that as not heard of any problems previously, and sure he'll be along soon.
Papacrusher

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:31:28 PM

Ok, that's shakezula's installer and it should just be the same source and .exe packaged in an installer. Sorry he's the guy to ask on that as not heard of any problems previously, and sure he'll be along soon.

Thanks, I appreciated your effort.  I even tried to break the amount up.  If I try to send 200,000 DVC it says it is over the limit and if I try to send 251,000 DVC it says that the transaction amount is too small.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:42:49 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 07:59:23 PM by psybits

Is anyone here a regular or old-time contributor to wikipedia? The initial devcoin page was close to deletion. I've just had a go at editing it more in line with their requirements but to be fair to them there's little we can offer today in terms of verifiabilty etc that's not just a link to a devcoin site. Perhaps having somebody with more wiki kudos get involved would help.

Coinmarketcap.com can be used to show DVC market cap in USD and to prove notability: http://coinmarketcap.com/

Here are links from the two latest Press Release which can also be referenced:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/devcoin-dvc-value-increases-300-073504074.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/devcoin-dvc-highest-dollar-value-050000132.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/HUG1747587.html

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/devcoin-dvc-experiences-value-increase-of-over-300-in-two-weeks-the-ethical-merge-mined-bitcoin-alternative/

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/devcoin-dvc-at-its-highest-dollar-value-yet-continues-to-make-the-world-a-better-place/

You can also reference the DVC thread here on bitcointalk.

And also the list of DVC merchants from Devtome and the exchanges which support DVC trading can all be mentioned, referenced and linked to.

Recent large increase in DVC / USD value can also be mentioned - using http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/ DVC page as a reference. The value has increased by orders of magnitude over the last 6 months and this should be covered in the article Smiley

Hope that helps and great work so far!

EDIT: I'm really busy right now but if you have the time to make a start on some of these changes, I'll join the discussion on Wikipedia when I get a chance, as DVC is notable - and we can prove it especially with the stats from coinmarketcap and all the other refs above! From memory anyone can appeal an article deletion to a higher Wikipedia administrator - if the person managing the deletion won't change their opinion (it happens).
weisoq

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:01:43 PM

Coinmarketcap.com can be used to show DVC market cap in USD and to prove notability: http://coinmarketcap.com/

Here are links from the two latest Press Release which can also be referenced:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/devcoin-dvc-value-increases-300-073504074.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/devcoin-dvc-highest-dollar-value-050000132.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/HUG1747587.html

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/devcoin-dvc-experiences-value-increase-of-over-300-in-two-weeks-the-ethical-merge-mined-bitcoin-alternative/

http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/devcoin-dvc-at-its-highest-dollar-value-yet-continues-to-make-the-world-a-better-place/

You can also reference the DVC thread here on bitcointalk.

And also the list of DVC merchants from Devtome and the exchanges which support DVC trading can all be mentioned, referenced and linked to.

Hope that helps and great work so far!
Thanks. The problem is content has to be neutral, any info has to be attributable to another viewable source, and those sources verifiable as 'respected' material (like a journal). I think content is now neutral, just factual, refs are reasonable but I think those articles would make it worse as they're self published which is another thing they don't allow. But I appreciate you listing them - just that visibility for wikipedia isn't the same as visibility for marketing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Core_content_policies

Not sure about the thread here or coinmarketcap, as again that's self-publicity apparently...frustrating because it means ironically that the less marketing done the harder it is to be listed, yet self-marketing is exactly what they don't allow. Need a journo to write a nice rationale article. Might be best to see what they have to say about the new version then I can ask them.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:21:18 PM

Thanks, I appreciated your effort.  I even tried to break the amount up.  If I try to send 200,000 DVC it says it is over the limit and if I try to send 251,000 DVC it says that the transaction amount is too small.

This is an experimental version but you can try mine, it sends/rcv's coins no problem im using it for my wallet.

v 1.0.10

https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/

let us know if it works.
dalamar96

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:23:13 PM

Not sure about the thread here or coinmarketcap, as again that's self-publicity apparently...frustrating because it means ironically that the less marketing done the harder it is to be listed, yet self-marketing is exactly what they don't allow. Need a journo to write a nice rationale article. Might be best to see what they have to say about the new version then I can ask them.

I was just wondering if you could use anything from CoinDesk or what not.  I thought they wrote up something on there too.

http://www.coindesk.com/?s=devcoin

Chad

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: