Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:12:55 AM

Is there a way to only buy or only sell with the shotgunbot?

Yep you set a range of prices and it works out the rest. It tells you the avg market price (or you can look it up) and if you put the min and max amounts both above the price they will be all sell orders, and vice versa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:03:59 AM

Hello everyone! Sidhujag I can not wait to see your wallet for android. I am wondering though is it possible for us to get an Apple wallet? I know that Apple does not like bitcoin and they took away Coinbase from the app store. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?
-AM
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 02:27:23 AM

Dev's in the toilet guys, how come it lost half its value in the last 2 weeks?

It's still up 200% from what it was 2 months ago, I believe.

Devcoins are different to other crypto-currencies, as the way they're earned is a bit different. With normal cryptocurrencies, the cost of a bitcoin/litecoin etc is the electricity used to mine them, plus hardware capital recovery. With devcoins, the cost of mining is piggy-backed on bitcoin mining - it's almost nothing, but the cost of earning generational shares is rent, food, etc. People who earn devcoins are applying their creative output instead of a purely mechanized process (much more expensive), so it's natural to expect a steady draw of coins as people get paid for the open-source work they do, to pay for what they need to live, etc. The only long term inputs to the price, are; long term speculators, advertising revenue, and philanthropist injection, and combined they have to put in as much as people are taking out to keep the price steady at any rate. I think people should be free to withdraw their coins as they see fit, to pay for what they need to live (just as miners need to withdraw to mine another day). The spread strategy is a good one for personal gain, but the market cost comes in the form of resistance against a price rise, and a rising price is what attracts more developers, just like a rising price is what attracts more bitcoin miners.

In my opinion, there are only a few ways that devcoins will ever have of actually becoming valuable (for savers/holders/speculators):

- The work that those earning devcoins do is impressive. Like seriously impressive enough for people to want to throw cash at it.
 - A large number of people make the effort to earn devcoins. More coins in more hands mean more market penetration, and more chance of impressive work being created.
 - Everyone talks about it and why they're different to all the other coins, attracting a crowd not typically or particularly interested in crypto-currency - this is key.

The last one is the big one, as the other two are partially linked to price. People need a point of difference to understand the importance of any product in a marketplace, and the devcoin angle is not an especially easy one to like when considering wealth storage, which is the going thing for most alt-coins. It's a terrible store of wealth! But it's a truly great idea for humankind. It's an actual, ethical currency that has a purpose beyond "mine and hold", so it's appeal actually has to reach a different set of people than those who are interested in bitcoin/altcoin mining/holding. Devcoins need to find the ears of wealthy people who think open source is vitally important to the future of humankind, because their input is what is essentially going to pay for it. Devcoins give people like this the mechanism to help every human. Advertising revenue will increase with quality of work.

So for now we're building the base through which the others that follow us will benefit, and I think realizing why devcoins are so different is key to it's success.

With the effort I am putting into making the android wallet I hope it pays off... we will be able to make payments using mobile's and use QR codes to make payments from/to mobile wallets or an online application. You can use NFC to make payments to another mobile wallet by simply pointing and paying. Imagine telling store owners they can compete with starbucks style payment mechanisms with one that is better and supports point and click payment without the need for customized equipment for that payment thingamajig.

The easiest way for Devcoin to have its moment in the sun will be through people talking about it or having a little buzz. We should come up with an ongoing bounty that could get people talking. An easy way to do this would be to allow a certain amount of shares per round to go towards a charitable cause. It could be St Jude's Children's Hospital or something else that has a name that is known nationwide. After the donation is made, then do a PR about the charitable donation.

There might also be a way to sell items on ebay with all proceeds earmarked for charity.

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
melodiem

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:11:42 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 03:24:16 AM by melodiem

Hello everyone! Sidhujag I can not wait to see your wallet for android.
-AM

Me too, my crappy old Andriod will be so much cooler with your app Cheesy

Devcoins are different to other crypto-currencies, as the way they're earned is a bit different. With normal cryptocurrencies, the cost of a bitcoin/litecoin etc is the electricity used to mine them, plus hardware capital recovery. With devcoins, the cost of mining is piggy-backed on bitcoin mining - it's almost nothing, but the cost of earning generational shares is rent, food, etc. People who earn devcoins are applying their creative output instead of a purely mechanized process (much more expensive), so it's natural to expect a steady draw of coins as people get paid for the open-source work they do, to pay for what they need to live, etc.

This is where I am at. I came to Devtome looking for a way to pay the rent but what I found here is more than rent, its a space to grow and I am totally 100% committed to helping build the community that Devcoin supports. The concern I have, is that at the moment Devcoin is only worth what the exchange will swap for it, which is still not really at a value that recognises open source or original work, for it's true value.

I wish I could say that my Devtome payouts would all be faithfully stored and saved away, but truth is I have been recovering from an assault and have not worked in months and am really only able to work from home. The websites I used to build for fun, or because I cared about the client are now an important part of my income, as will be the writing I used to do for employers, community groups or just sheer enjoyment.

Knowing this, and knowing everyone else is saving their Devcoins and helping build their value, I feel a bit "shame"* in front of all of you.

So.. I am looking at other ways I can contribute and if what I have come up with is really way off, pleas tell me so I can correct it.

In my case, I've used open source software for years and I've made a few donations over time, but I feel like Devcoin is a way to pay back to that community for all it's support. I will never be a wealthy web designer, because not all code is "open source" and over half my sites have been for people who already paid $1000's for websites, built using crap code that cant be expanded or built on, and ensure the customer is forever locked to one IT company or person, so I end up feeling sorry for the client and working out a favour.

My clients now understand the difference, and I believe some will even support Devcoin because of that, so I added it as a payment option, and set up a FAQ for those that want to pay that way. When I send out hosting invoices during this year I'm including an announcement re: Devcoins and the FAQ. I have also offered a discount and free hosting to the first site paid for using Devcoin, and put it on the announcements post and alt coin services posts, added it to reddit and Ive started talking about it on LinkedIn.

I dont want to just "take" from Devcoin; I don't do speculation or day markets or any of the investor stuff and I understand for the need for it with this new crypto environment but I am hoping it is not the only way to contribute, and that my contributions might count in some small way as well.

Ps I am also working on a Joomla module to show DVC/BTC and USD, but its a long time since I coded, and the last thing I remember that even counts was a javascript to stop people printing my images... it could be a while before the module is working, but It is a way for me to learn the technology around crypto as well. I wont be charging for the finished module, but I will add it to the Joomla database with DVC set as the default currency and hope to raise a bit more awareness.

(local indigenous colloquialism that really is the only word that really says what I mean, but it isnt ashamed like english...its more shame like wishing you did better when scolded by a favourite aunt?)

melodiem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:13:17 AM

The easiest way for Devcoin to have its moment in the sun will be through people talking about it or having a little buzz. We should come up with an ongoing bounty that could get people talking. An easy way to do this would be to allow a certain amount of shares per round to go towards a charitable cause. It could be St Jude's Children's Hospital or something else that has a name that is known nationwide.

Which nation?

melodiem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:30:04 AM

The easiest way for Devcoin to have its moment in the sun will be through people talking about it or having a little buzz. We should come up with an ongoing bounty that could get people talking. An easy way to do this would be to allow a certain amount of shares per round to go towards a charitable cause. It could be St Jude's Children's Hospital or something else that has a name that is known nationwide.

Which nation?

Sorry, just saw how blunt that reads. My flatmate waited patiently for me to finish the last post and I was in a hurry to respond to yours before I left the computer. i didn't mean to be so rude tho.

I think the idea sounds great, my only question would be, is this a US thing or can we bring Australia in too?

Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 03:32:35 AM

Which nation?

Oh sorry, I was referring to St Jude's in America.

But it could work in any nation..

No worries,

Smiley

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:44:54 AM

Sorry, just saw how blunt that reads. My flatmate waited patiently for me to finish the last post and I was in a hurry to respond to yours before I left the computer. i didn't mean to be so rude tho.

I think the idea sounds great, my only question would be, is this a US thing or can we bring Australia in too?

US, UK, Australia, and all other nations which we reside within!
melodiem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:49:08 AM

Yay!

Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 04:25:36 AM

I actually reside in the great nation of Texas, just throwing that out there. Smiley

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:39:01 AM

Devcoin has been mentioned in a Wired article http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/13/dogecoin-and-the-era-of-personal-currency

EDIT: Time to reopen the Devcoin page on Wikipedia - I can't believe they deleted it we had just as many refs as most of the other alt coins - what a joke!

Cool! just a couple of articles such as this one could have people all over the place asking questions about Devcoins.

I think the lack of exposure of what Devcoin is and what it is about could easily be taken care of by the end of the year with some timely articles by a few major news outlets. Maybe an admin that is dedicated to being the media and/blog point-of-contact would be in order.

One of the easiest and cheapest ways to raise awareness of Devcoin would be to go the guest post route on financial blogs. If you check out the Money Crashers list of person finance blogs (below) many of them allow guest posts.

http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/

One would simply need to contact the owners of the blogs and ask if they can submit a unique article about Devcoins and/or Devtome. Most blogs are usually hungry for new contact and will gladly accept your offer as long as your request email doesn't look spammy. The key factor about guest posting is that the guest poster never has to pay money for it. The blog owner gets new (and free) content and the guest poster is allowed two or three links links back to their blog, Facebook page and/or a Wiki such as Devtome.

I am using my personal finance blog that I co-run with a couple of other people (below) as an example because most are set up in a similar fashion.

http://www.moneyandpotatoes.com

We have a write for us link across the top of the blog and we do get almost daily requests for guest blog posting. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the requests are of the spammy variety and they never get posted on the blog. However, we have had several valid ones that were published and they provided our blog with some good content.

The key to getting this accomplished would be someone having the ability to write about Devcoin/Devtome from several different angles and always coming up with what amounts to roughly 90% new content with each article.

It might also help to have a PDF type press packet that is tied to a domain so a link could be provided to the blog owners so that they can quickly and easily see what Devcoin is about.

~2 cents~

Bittzy78

I'm coordinating the marketing / press of Devcoin at the moment with monthly ad campaigns and press releases (which perhaps is how Wired heard about us). The biggest outlets we've been on from these is The Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance.

I would like to give you 6 shares next month - for you to put the above into action.

Would you like to do it? And are there any objections from anyone here?

Yeah, I would be willing to give it a shot for a month and see how it goes.

Great! Well if no one objects you'll get 6 shares next month to try and arrange guest posts on the blogs at http://www.moneycrashers.com/top-personal-finance-blogs/ If you get one (or more) I'll help you with the article(s) Wink

We can also work on a press kit in PDF format to be hosted at devcoin.org - great idea.

I already have a standing invitation to swap guest posts on another personal finance blog (http://cashcowcouple.com/) but haven't answered them in a couple of weeks. I just sent them an email asking them if they still want to swap guest posts. I have one short article already mostly completed about alt-coin speculation that is a little generic but mentions Devcoin more than others.

If you want to do an article on something along the lines of how to make money writing on Devtome that meets the criteria of what we have on Money and Potatoes ( http://www.moneyandpotatoes.com/write-for-us/ )... I can guarantee that it will be published. Smiley

Just mention in your bio that you are regular contributor to the Devtome Wiki and be sure not to post the article on this forum (but I am sure you already know that.)

Hi guys,

I write for Examiner.com (in addition to devtome and my own blogs), a very high-traffic website. I would be happy to write articles about both devcoin and devtome to help the cause and increase awareness.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:48:03 AM

Hi guys,

I write for Examiner.com (in addition to devtome and my own blogs), a very high-traffic website. I would be happy to write articles about both devcoin and devtome to help the cause and increase awareness.
Please do, and keep us updated!  Cheesy
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:27:55 AM

I was thinking about the conversation being had about devtome and it's accessibility. I agree it needs quite an overhaul in the long run to appeal as a source of "stuff" to the general public.

I'd like to propose a bounty, if I may, for "A better devtome system". 6 different strategies for 6 shares each, on how devtome can best be organised to:

Allow contributors to easily add content (as they do currently via the wiki version, but it doesn't have to be this way; think about the options).
Allow easy indexing of the content so categories form more naturally.
Allow easy administration for tasks such as plagiarism checks, copyright checks, managing writers (if need be), etc.
Allow the audience to find what they want quickly (front page with random articles? automatic related article finder? automatic internal hyperlink system? etc).
Ideas for a better categorization system, if one exists.
Ideas for other ways of delivering content - eg reading apps for mobile devices?

This is a discussion paper where the writer describes what the perfect system would be like, by identifying problems with the current system and imaging improvements. You don't necessarily have to practically solve them, just logically. I would expect each page to be 1000 words or more, to thoroughly explore the topic. The above parts are just examples of things to think about, but there are tons more worth considering and the writers can explore ideas and brainstorm. I'd also encourage the later bounty seekers to absorb the good ideas from the first few in their own, if they can - this is open source, after all!

I'm not sure whether the wiki has plugin options, but if it does, we can either consider building the current one out to better fit our needs (and the needs of our readers), or biding our time until we can build our own software in the future if it's more valuable. Again, this is just about ideas at the moment, on how we can make it a pleasant experience as possible for mass audiences, such that they would find themselves having a hard time staying away.

Any objections? Is 6/6 overkill?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:30:49 AM

Where are you doing this and is it between DVC and BTC or LTC?

DVC/BTC. Thats why I said Satoshis instead of, for example, Liteoshis. Cheesy

(At Vircurex.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jdlrexy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:33:07 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 05:58:19 AM by jdlrexy

Great to hear that everyone is wanting to rev up publicity. It's important. But not all PR is good PR, regardless of what Miley Cyrus may have told you.

Hairy-beard dude on youtube, i hope you read this. We all love your spirit, but you need to take down those videos and replace them with something a bit more useful. If we want to see devcoin accepted by the public we need a public image, ie face, that is acceptable.

Also, Anyone who follows peer or primecoin might know that Sunny King does a weekly update. Can we do something like this?

unclejed613

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:35:18 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 05:46:27 AM by unclejed613

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=cryptocurrency_day_trading

Finished, well mostly. i probably will add more links, but the main body is complete.

there was a BOUNTY for presenting an Investment/Trading strategy?

have a look....... I'm not a financial wizard, but this should work for most people who can do basic math and a little web browsing....
unclejed613

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:52:40 AM

if there's anything i need to expand on, or clarify, any feedback would be helpful....
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:23:13 AM

Sidhujag, I think your Android wallet will be a major, major step forward. I have been using the Doge Android wallet, tipping people and so, a lot and with great pleasure. It keeps the coin at the center of my attention.

I would love to do the same with Devcoin, showing it to people when discussing it. I cannot value your work enough in this respect.

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:28:27 AM

2)  This was becoming a concern for me as well.  It is imperative to reference factually based claims to differentiate between opinion and fact.  It also goes a long way in legitimizing devtome as a whole.

I am in the habit of having a reference section at the bottom of my factual articles and I was wondering if that was the preferred method or do the admins have a different way they want articles reference.  I have no problem altering my writing style to fit the needs of the community.  Thanks for any guidance with this.
It can be done via references, references and footnotes - will depend on the subject matter. The issue is that an increasing number of articles on alleged scientific and reference topics are amounting to unformatted word dumps or opinion. These articles need to be changed or at some point they may have to be removed because the value of a submission that provides incorrect 'factual' info is zero.

I prefer links in the article rather than footnotes at the end. In my opinion; footnotes are for printed articles, on the web links are better.

I agree that links are important, so I recommend that raters put a higher weight on links. I changed the recommended link weighting from 10 to 30 at:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_rater#rating_method

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:35:52 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 06:48:47 AM by Unthinkingbit

I see - well the first DVC press release we did which went on Yahoo Finance, Wallstreet Journal etc was funded by Devcoin. So maybe someone would be kind enough to write a review? Otherwise UnthinkingBit funded it so perhaps he would need to provide the review.

He's so busy running the project though I don't want to give him more to do!

Oh, ok.   Smiley  I'll have Unthinkingbit confirm that and then I'll give you the bounty!

I asked Psybits to issue a press release for devcoin and be the PR spokesman. Within a few days he wrote a press release which covered all the main devcoin points, without being too long. He sent it out to many, I think hundreds of sites, including the Wall Street Journal. The devcoin price went from around 50 satoshis to over 150. We got many new contributors, including writers and programmers. I was so happy with the press release that I gave him 6 shares ongoing afterwards, and boosted that each round. In round 31 it was 12 shares, and in this round it's now 18 shares.

In large part because of his press release and marketing, we can afford to pay more people and do more stuff.

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: