Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:03:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:13:09 AM

thanks for answering novocadian, appreciated.
8 bid was hit on over 2btc, and there we soon have another bid for 30m dvc.
definitely someone is accumulating.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:45:16 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 10:10:07 PM by Flam

And I'll echo the sentiment that has been hinted at here, which is that whoever the Devcoin developers are now, can you please "stand up?" I realize devs have better things to do than spend a lot of time on forums, but... a brief update post once or twice a week goes a long way.

wiser the Devcoin Human Resources page is nearly current. Two Admins should be added shortly; Flam and iluveunc. You can find their duties from old versions of that page. Everyone else should be at their post. Wink

- Nova

Nice to hear that, thanks ! I made a new account account on coinzen (same aka) if needed.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:41:46 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 01:52:35 AM by wiser

As another poster had mentioned, we continue to have spam bombardments on coinzen.com. Efforts will be made to ensure that no email domains have been caught up in the massive amount of bannings that have resulted as a consequence. The forum is taking up too much of my time which could be directed towards HR Admin duties. It would not break my heart to see it go.

- Nova

Once I did log into CoinZen, I remembered why I'd stayed away for so long before. It was the overwhelming number of spam posts. It was hard to find any useful information there.

I do have a good workaround for that, though. I can simply go to "show posts" for various admins who I would want to know what they are saying, such as yourself or HunterBunter.

Would you mind posting the link again to where all the current admins are listed? I'll bookmark it. Thanks.

This is not meant as a new requirement, to visit coinzen.com, yet a trusted means of communication is required among Admins and that needs to be agreed upon.
- Nova

I would recommend some kind of email list or email group--just something that is very good about sending communication to an inbox that we already check. Some of us are involved in multiple projects and there's a limit to how many separate places we remember to log in regularly--at least that's true for me Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:51:41 AM

As another poster had mentioned, we continue to have spam bombardments on coinzen.com. Efforts will be made to ensure that no email domains have been caught up in the massive amount of bannings that have resulted as a consequence. The forum is taking up too much of my time which could be directed towards HR Admin duties. It would not break my heart to see it go.

- Nova

Once I did log into CoinZen, I remembered why I'd stayed away for so long before. It was the overwhelming number of spam posts. It was hard to find any useful information there.

I do have a good workaround for that, though. I can simply go to "show posts" for various admins who I would want to know what they are saying, such as yourself or HunterBunter.

Would you mind posting the link again to where all the current admins are listed? I'll bookmark it. Thanks.

This is not meant as a new requirement, to visit coinzen.com, yet a trusted means of communication is required among Admins and that needs to be agreed upon.
- Nova

I would recommend some kind of email list or email group--just something that is very good about sending communication to an inbox that we already check. Some of us are involved in multiple projects and there's a limit to how many separate places we remember to log in regularly--at least that's true for me Smiley

I second this. Sending me emails works -- but I work on around 10 different projects now in various capacities.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:24:58 AM

Hi all, hopefully all your questions have been answered thanks to weisoq's and Nova's informative posts. I'll reiterate again that Nova is the new HR admin, and if you're not getting paid what you think you should be, take it up with him first.

As sidhujag mentioned we basically don't have an active dev on the client; he was the last one to work on the code, and the coin price has been too low to attract any devs to work on it. If the price continues to rise that will likely change.

My abilities as leader are essentially limited to what I can do with the ongoing file. This is the list of admin pay. Accounting itself is still done by Unthinkingbit, who still maintains the charity github.

I have begun work on the division proposal code, and when it's ready I'll let you all have a good look at it before a final round of feedback and implementation. Because I don't have access to account.py itself, I will create a script that modifies ongoing with the shares necessary to make the proposal work. If you have any questions about that, I'm happy to answer them.

Ranlo (Raptorek): I've added you back to ongoing, as unthinkingbit passed your message on to me. You hopefully realize by now what happened to your payments.

Hunterbunter
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 07:59:46 PM

Do we really need the coinzen.com forum?

The traffic is minimal at best.

It takes a good hour a day to battle the spam attacks we are getting.

Communication is breaking down among our admins and it dilutes the traffic of new users, to the point that a mailing list has been set up to try to bring the admins into one area of communication.

My proposal is that we close it and point the traffic here.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:41:24 PM

This is the announcements section, for gosh sakes! It takes about how many seconds/minutes for threads to scroll off the page?

I never even tried to look at this section almost since it was created, regarding it as just a trash can full of yet another new dozen coins of the day every day spam.

I have actually tried looking at this section a lot lately, but still it took weeks or months to happen to see this thread and thus realise devcoin even still bothers with a thread here.

Sometimes in the past I have tried to keep a browser tab on threads I hope to keep track of, but after a while the tabs get so tiny their labels are illegible.

Bookmarks are even worse, it has literally been years, maybe even a decade or more, since I actually went into bookmarks to see what I might once upon a time have filed away there thinking I'd thus get back to it.

The altcoins sections of bitcointalk are less and less useful all the time, more and more just full of useless garbage.

So Coinzen has a value, I think.

(Though I see entire sections there I doubt I will ever look at. Maybe those are full of garbage too, I don't know. Why do we even have sections there for coins that are totally unrelated to DeVCoin? I mean I can see where all the coins that can be merged mined with DeVCoin are relevant so we can upkeep all those coins to mine them all at once, but I have to wonder why some of the coins that have sections there are there. Though I can't recall what they are even, I just vaguely recall once upon a time noticing seemingly random accretions of coins that didn't seem to have any particular relevance to DeVCoin.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
novacadian

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 12:15:36 AM

This is the announcements section, for gosh sakes! It takes about how many seconds/minutes for threads to scroll off the page?

I never even tried to look at this section almost since it was created, regarding it as just a trash can full of yet another new dozen coins of the day every day spam.

I have actually tried looking at this section a lot lately, but still it took weeks or months to happen to see this thread and thus realise devcoin even still bothers with a thread here.

Sometimes in the past I have tried to keep a browser tab on threads I hope to keep track of, but after a while the tabs get so tiny their labels are illegible.

Bookmarks are even worse, it has literally been years, maybe even a decade or more, since I actually went into bookmarks to see what I might once upon a time have filed away there thinking I'd thus get back to it.

The altcoins sections of bitcointalk are less and less useful all the time, more and more just full of useless garbage.

So Coinzen has a value, I think.

(Though I see entire sections there I doubt I will ever look at. Maybe those are full of garbage too, I don't know. Why do we even have sections there for coins that are totally unrelated to DeVCoin? I mean I can see where all the coins that can be merged mined with DeVCoin are relevant so we can upkeep all those coins to mine them all at once, but I have to wonder why some of the coins that have sections there are there. Though I can't recall what they are even, I just vaguely recall once upon a time noticing seemingly random accretions of coins that didn't seem to have any particular relevance to DeVCoin.)

-MarkM-

There has been a start to clean out coinzen.com to only things relavent to DVC yet it is a slow process. For starters it is not even my area of administration. When 1031 was last approached by me to install a module to help with spam his reply was to "RTFM". If not for my efforts the place would be swamped with nothing but spam.

Here is the link discussing the forum revamp:

http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,2430.msg39276.html#msg39276

It has been weeks now since awaiting a confirmation and copy of a backup of the forum from 1031 before actually removing things. It is my feeling that the other idea of having a DVC Holder account type would go a long way to help with spammers. Then we can simply remove accounts not of that type after a week period or some such length of time. The module to do that was added by me a while back; yet am reluctant to do any major changes until ensured the forum is backed up and at least a second copy is available off site the forum's server.

- Nova

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:23:36 PM

Alternatively, we could start a thread in Project Development.  As this thread isn't really an announcement thread anyway, it would be a better fit.
Hunterbunter

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:13:11 AM

Cpsilent has been appointed the new share admin, which had remained open since the cleanup.
Hunterbunter

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:06:02 AM

Tenthirtyone has given his notice on running the coinzen forum, so will be removed from the administrator role and pay. Ashleysly is going to take his place from round 50.

Shattinator and Nova are working on moving the coinzen hosting to another site. I will post updates when that happens.

Hunterbunter.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:54:37 PM

Am just bumping this thread, to keep it alive!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:21:25 PM

We need it to stay alive.

Do you know whats happened to dvc countdown? It seems to be an error:(

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
novacadian

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:33:10 AM

This seemed important enough to reach out here to BitCoinTalk as well.

Sadly our great Bounty Factotum will be stepping down and we are now looking for a replacement. Due to the important aspect of the position we would like to seek a candidate that has been involved in the community for a while; though others are welcome to apply should they be able to show good qualifications for the position.

Duties:

The Bounty Factotum would post, to the Bounty Thread on coinzen.com, after the three-day waiting period for a bounty to end and then add that bounty to the devcoin_bounty_now page on devtome.org, provided that there were no objections.  In addition, the bounty factotum is responsible for hosting files on their site (github works too) with information about claimed bounties.

The business_bounty_xx.csv files are to be in the following format:
username,dvc address,# of shares-Bounty name(reference to post where bounty was proposed)

If interested please PM me at coinzen.com.

- Nova (HR Admin)

novacadian

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:35:03 AM

The dvc countdown is handled by Hunterbunter who is, normally, pretty responsive to pms on coinzen.com.

- Nova

ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:51:29 PM

The dvc countdown is handled by Hunterbunter who is, normally, pretty responsive to pms on coinzen.com.

- Nova

I see that it has been fixed. So all good. Now I can keep track of the round and how long is left and the amount of shares that there are

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
Hunterbunter

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:02:38 PM

Hi All, I think we've had enough time to await objections regarding the duty pay change, so I'm going to implement this now, for round 50:

My proposal for admin pay is that each admin task in the HR table can have up to four duties, each worth 1 share per round. Each duty is specific and must be unique from the others, but related to the title. As an example, the duties I listed for the HR admin above can be considered four separate jobs, so novacadian would receive 4 shares for that duty under the new payment scheme.

If this is generally acceptable to everyone, we will implement it this round, and will last at least until the division implementation, where we revisit it and either continue or fall back to the original model. If you have anything to say about it, now's the time.

The ongoing_50.csv will match the HR page at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources, and the number of shares awarded to each admin role will be based on the number of unique duties. The changes should be reflected on dvccountdown within a day or two, and a few people will see a minor pay rise. If anyone notices any discrepancies please let me or novacadian know.

Thanks,
HB
Hunterbunter

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:44:20 AM

Hi All,

So it seems that someone has purchased the coinzen.org domain from under us, and is currently squatting with the intention to put it up for auction.

Considering the lackluster return on investment the forum generated, I suggest we open a discussion towards rebranding coinzen. Shattienator has one a platform (ie hosting) almost ready to go, so all we need to do is figure out a new name, and what kind of people it should attract.

To start off discussion, a conversation I had with devcoiners some time ago (weisoq + others) went along the lines of changing focus from altcoins, which no one seemed to care about, to open source in general. In line with this, and to stay true to our mission, I think it would be good to start attracting people from the general open source community, including creative commons (sound and image/video), and introduce crypto-currencies to them with devcoins. In other words, make it an open source and creative commons focused forum first, and a devcoin forum as an integral part of that.

I don't really know how practical the creative commons ones would be, but I've not found something that marries these together, so there might be worth considering. If anyone knows about any, please point them out.

Also, if you can think of any good names, throw them out there and we can see what sticks (and what we can get the domain name for). New gTLDs are taking off at the moment, so we're not restricted to .com any more for global appeal. Let your thoughts be known!

HB
Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:42:05 PM

I greatly support shifting our forum focus to open source and creative commons and then having the board as a home for our dvc discussions.  Although the main focus would be open source and creative commons, there is nothing preventing sections being created for cryptocurrencies as well as for the Devtome and our other areas of DVC such as bounties, etc.

If our focus will be geared toward open source developers, then our forum name should reflect that as well.  Maybe something along the lines of "Developer's Den"  "Creative Compendium"  just spit balling...lol.

Papa

Hunterbunter

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:26:47 AM

Since the coinzen forum is going to be switching soon, I will use this thread to post bounty proposals:

I'd like to propose a bounty for 240 shares, for sidhujag to update the devcoin client (https://github.com/sidhujag/devcoin-wallet) and devcoin android wallet (https://github.com/sidhujag/devcoin-android) from its current version, 8.5.1, to the newest bitcoin core, 0.11.0.

Notable changes per release:
0.9.0: https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.9.0 - windows 64 bit installer, autotools build system, bitcoin-cli changes
0.10.0: https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.10.0 - Faster synchronization, Transaction fee changes, RPC access control changes, REST interface, improved signing security, watch-only wallet support, and more
0.11.0: https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.11.0 - Block file pruning, memory usage optimization, improved fee estimation, improved privacy

If there are no objections, this will go into effect in about a week.
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: