Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058397 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:50:02 PM

I just sold my 1,000 Devcoins! Grin
Happy to get rid of that S H I T ! ! !
LOL!!!
   Tongue Tongue Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 04:33:31 PM

I restarted the discussion on future Devcoin price, previously titled: "Good time to buy Devcoins!" now is: "Devcoin price forecast".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1275749

Everyone's forecast is welcome!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:52:28 PM

I restarted the discussion on future Devcoin price, previously titled: "Good time to buy Devcoins!" now is: "Devcoin price forecast".

I predict the price surges by an entire satoshi once the Devtome gets fixed Wink
jolskeboll

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:47:58 AM

I predict the price surges by an entire satoshi once the Devtome gets fixed Wink

If vircurex actually run away with the money now (no deposits or withdrawals can be made) and the withdrawal problems that Cryptsy has, I predict that DVC will drop with one satoshi. However, there is still one market, BTER provides a DVC/CNY trading pair.

Too fucking bad, that I sent all my DVC out of Cryptsy, straight into the mouth of vircurex... 30M coins :/
So, I'll just beg and pray that vircurex just has a problem with their wallet services. Tested to send there a few DVC an hour ago, and the deposit cannot be seen either.

I guess this is quite a hot topic for devcoiners, as vircurex has been quite a big market place for us.

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:56:28 AM

If vircurex actually run away with the money now (no deposits or withdrawals can be made) and the withdrawal problems that Cryptsy has, I predict that DVC will drop with one satoshi. However, there is still one market, BTER provides a DVC/CNY trading pair.

Too fucking bad, that I sent all my DVC out of Cryptsy, straight into the mouth of vircurex... 30M coins :/
So, I'll just beg and pray that vircurex just has a problem with their wallet services. Tested to send there a few DVC an hour ago, and the deposit cannot be seen either.

I guess this is quite a hot topic for devcoiners, as vircurex has been quite a big market place for us.

I haven't sold any of mine in a LONG time. I used to play the market to build up more... and then they crashed. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to liquidate at this point or remain hopeful that something can be done to infuse value into them again. Feel kind of stupid... had an offer when they were 120 sat still to buy all of mine at 110 off the market. Declined because I had faith in the project. Now they're almost valueless, Sad.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:57:26 AM

I sent 1M yesterday, not showing up in my account either. Wrote to customerservice@vircurex.com a few minutes ago, hope they reply soon.

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:59:54 AM

I haven't sold any of mine in a LONG time. I used to play the market to build up more... and then they crashed. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to liquidate at this point or remain hopeful that something can be done to infuse value into them again. Feel kind of stupid... had an offer when they were 120 sat still to buy all of mine at 110 off the market. Declined because I had faith in the project. Now they're almost valueless, Sad.

Vircurex has a tradition of issues but they manage to solve things: http://www.coindesk.com/exchange-vircurex-freezes-withdrawals-claims-lack-reserves/

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:07:44 AM

Vircurex has a tradition of issues but they manage to solve things: http://www.coindesk.com/exchange-vircurex-freezes-withdrawals-claims-lack-reserves/

You quoted the wrong person. And I quit using Vircurex back when they stopped BTC withdrawals and screwed people over.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:10:46 AM

For those of you who are worried about Vircurex, there is a thread for it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1280378.0

jolskeboll

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:34:45 AM

Yep, but this has now continued for a week and makes me worried.

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump
develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 04:41:39 AM

"What happened to Devcoin leadership!" I'm asking and for sure lots of people do. Please follow the discussion at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1288592

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:52:18 AM

Any updates on the Devtome issue that was brought up here several weeks ago?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:38:55 AM

Now as far as I'm aware. I feel like DVC is in a black hole right now, and TBH, I'm not even sure how to (technically-wise) pull out of it anymore. There have been great ideas tossed around over the past many months, but nothing has been put into action due to inability to or other things. I feel like it may be worth setting up a sort of "round table" of sorts, with a new domain/setup/etc. to start anew (not the coin, but things like the forums and Devtome), to push forward the ideas people have had for resurrecting it.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:04:17 PM

Now as far as I'm aware. I feel like DVC is in a black hole right now, and TBH, I'm not even sure how to (technically-wise) pull out of it anymore. There have been great ideas tossed around over the past many months, but nothing has been put into action due to inability to or other things. I feel like it may be worth setting up a sort of "round table" of sorts, with a new domain/setup/etc. to start anew (not the coin, but things like the forums and Devtome), to push forward the ideas people have had for resurrecting it.

I'd be up for that. In the mean time, I am still getting some DVC because I do a few little things admin-wise. I was hoping to write some more, but last I checked I can't update my invoice page or some of my previously published pages.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 10:33:56 PM

I agree on start anew, since the community built on Devtome deserves to continue growing and flourishing.

notabot

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:15:20 AM

Devcoin is not functional now and hasn't been for awhile. Apart from the technical issues surrounding devtome, the inability to add new recipients to the receiver files has made devcoin dysfunctional. How can new bounties ever be paid out if a person can't be added to the receiver files? Not only is devcoin unable to get anyone to do any bounty work because of this, but devtome suffers the same fate, not being able to attract new writers. Additionally devtome has become a secondary failure due to technical faults blocking many (of the few) writers from earning any coin. At this point there might be 1 or 2 writers still going forwards and earning all 180,000,000 devcoins per month.

Come on guys, this is not a functioning ecosystem. It is a closed ecosystem with only a few earning coins, either for non existent admin duties with maybe 1 or 2 earning the majority of coins each round. The concept of devcoin, a currency that anyone can earn, anywhere in the world, has failed. How do you reform a system where no new recipients can be added? Can't do it.

The last paragraph at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin reads;
"The primary concern is that in the long term, most organizations become corrupt, regardless of the intentions of the founders. The single best defense against the corruption of an organization is competition. Devcoin would be the first currency to give part of its generation to developers. However, developers are welcome to fork it in turn, and create say a reformcoin, that also gives generation to developers, but starts with another set of founders. If the reformcoin is less corrupt than devcoin, people will sell the devcoin and buy reformcoins. Even if most people remain with devcoin, just the possibility that people could move to reformcoin would tend to rein in the corruption of the devcoin...."

Unthinkingbit considered that forking may be necessary, and to continue with his vision, which is why we all are here, this option should be considered. I don't like to be proposing this but I dislike how the system has broken down more.

The potential for a currency that anyone can earn is still extremely good. A few ideas would be to have a better platform (wordpress or similar) that writers use. And why not make it so that readers get paid a small amount to vote for their fave writers, and the top voted ones would receive more pay, and ones down the rank get considerably lower pay. This would bring in traffic and bring the cream to the top.

Please consider the forking, as continuing down this path is not working ATM. 

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:21:04 AM

Devcoin is not functional now and hasn't been for awhile. Apart from the technical issues surrounding devtome, the inability to add new recipients to the receiver files has made devcoin dysfunctional. How can new bounties ever be paid out if a person can't be added to the receiver files? Not only is devcoin unable to get anyone to do any bounty work because of this, but devtome suffers the same fate, not being able to attract new writers. Additionally devtome has become a secondary failure due to technical faults blocking many (of the few) writers from earning any coin. At this point there might be 1 or 2 writers still going forwards and earning all 180,000,000 devcoins per month.

Come on guys, this is not a functioning ecosystem. It is a closed ecosystem with only a few earning coins, either for non existent admin duties with maybe 1 or 2 earning the majority of coins each round. The concept of devcoin, a currency that anyone can earn, anywhere in the world, has failed. How do you reform a system where no new recipients can be added? Can't do it.

The last paragraph at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin reads;
"The primary concern is that in the long term, most organizations become corrupt, regardless of the intentions of the founders. The single best defense against the corruption of an organization is competition. Devcoin would be the first currency to give part of its generation to developers. However, developers are welcome to fork it in turn, and create say a reformcoin, that also gives generation to developers, but starts with another set of founders. If the reformcoin is less corrupt than devcoin, people will sell the devcoin and buy reformcoins. Even if most people remain with devcoin, just the possibility that people could move to reformcoin would tend to rein in the corruption of the devcoin...."

Unthinkingbit considered that forking may be necessary, and to continue with his vision, which is why we all are here, this option should be considered. I don't like to be proposing this but I dislike how the system has broken down more.

The potential for a currency that anyone can earn is still extremely good. A few ideas would be to have a better platform (wordpress or similar) that writers use. And why not make it so that readers get paid a small amount to vote for their fave writers, and the top voted ones would receive more pay, and ones down the rank get considerably lower pay. This would bring in traffic and bring the cream to the top.

Please consider the forking, as continuing down this path is not working ATM. 

+1 to the fork. I haven't done much in months because it's so broken. Forking has a negative stigma but at this point it's not an option. Do what needs to be done.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:00:29 AM

Why can't new recipients be added to receiver files?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:25:51 PM

Pardon my technical ignorance, but why would Devcoin need to be forked just to have it working the way it used to work? I mean, at one time (and for a long time) it was working just fine from the technical perspective. What changed and why has it been nonfunctional for so long?
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:44:11 PM

Pardon my technical ignorance, but why would Devcoin need to be forked just to have it working the way it used to work? I mean, at one time (and for a long time) it was working just fine from the technical perspective. What changed and why has it been nonfunctional for so long?

Hey Wiser, the big problem we have is that essential services are being run by people who just have no interest in keeping them ticking, and don't respond when you try to get them to do their job.

I suspect a falling price has a lot to do with that, along with lackluster leadership. I take responsibility for my part, but there's nothing I can do about the price. Devtome was great, but it was a black hole. It never even close to paid for itself, and the price whittled away, making it even harder to get people to make an effort. Even moving the site into other's hands has proven futile, and now it's in no mans land. I'm still trying to get this working again, and the last communication I received was that there was progress. My share proposal was too little too late, as the damage to the coin was already done. The unlimited shares devtome could earn meant developers ran for the hills.

To add to that, both of the only exchanges that deal with dvc have both recently stopped working. Cryptsy hasn't sent out btc for a month according to the forums, and Vircurex hasn't been processing deposits for a while apparently.

I'm more than happy to step aside and let someone else take charge if they believe they can turn this ship around. The only reason I could think of to fork devcoins would be to decentralize everything. Absolutely nothing that relies on one person alone to do their job.

I believe the key to that problem lies in DACs - Distributed Autonomous Corporations, and the only thing holding that back, as far as I can see, are that domain registrars don't allow domain purchases via API *and* bitcoins yet.

HB

Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: