Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:03:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:25:46 AM

It would be a tragedy if this, one of the oldest sha coins in crypto, be allowed to die simply because the devteam "can't be bothered anymore".

There must be something that can be done......somebody?
I moved away because we couldnt come to consensus on great ideas that would lead to devcoins network affect... i was the only developer that cared others pumped and dumped... alas i found my calling in other coins that ive innovated for that have let me take the lead and make changes required to keep with the market...afaik noone is developing for it but its an easy coin to work with so any developer can

I for one would be happy to help resurrecting it

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 02:31:19 PM

Let me know if you need help with the coding, funny girl.  Grin

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 03:11:19 PM

It would be a tragedy if this, one of the oldest sha coins in crypto, be allowed to die simply because the devteam "can't be bothered anymore".

I moved away because we couldnt come to consensus on great ideas that would lead to devcoins network affect... i was the only developer that cared others pumped and dumped... alas i found my calling in other coins that ive innovated for that have let me take the lead and make changes required to keep with the market...afaik noone is developing for it but its an easy coin to work with so any developer can

It's encouraging to see that some long term forum members share my view on this coin.  My tech knowledge is limited at best, but if a takeover was to go ahead - what would be involved exactly?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:03:57 PM

It's encouraging to see that some long term forum members share my view on this coin.  My tech knowledge is limited at best, but if a takeover was to go ahead - what would be involved exactly?
Well, looks like the potential support is kinda limited

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sawa
Legendary

Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:41:30 PM

Is there anyone who sent DVC to bter.com deposit recent week?
My transaction is pending for a few days there (since 11/20/2016 1:09:12)
I created a ticket 2 days ago, and there is no answer.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 01:43:17 PM

Hi
Is Devcoin still actively developed?

Short answer: NO

Long answer: There is lack of leadership and interest on moving the coin forward, so the "heads" of this project are basically letting it die. They should better step aside and let others take over!!

WTF ?

It sounds like all the stuff you took away from me is dying?

Why the F take it away if you just want to let it die?

I can redirect all the domains that I control (which I think is most of them) and point them at my own server if the people who insisted I point them at theirs are not doing their jobs...

Unthinkingbit and I built this coin originally, but somewhere along the line some other folks started insisting they wanted to do the websites have the DNS lookups pointed to their own servers, heck even may have bought a few of the domains, although I think I hold most of them.

Unthnkingbit and I have been chugging along all along, I don't think he has missed a cycle yet, he sends me an email saying build the data files, having provided the data in a github repo, I build and upload, then he tells other people to grab copies to make the redundant copies all over the place.

I originally set up the wiki but someone who it seems in retrospect must be just some asshole insisted he could do better and here we are today with people complaining tghe wiki (devtome) is dying.

Give me a download link with which to download the wiki database, I will redirect all the domains I control and set it up again myself...

And fat chance I let some other asshole take control away again most likely, now we have seen where that led...

Do we even have a forum anymore?

On devtome.com wiki I tried one of the main links on the left and it sent me to buybiycoins site! WTF?

I tried to find a forum to see what is happening and dont seem to know anymore what domain if any has our forum, if we even have one anymore?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 01:49:24 PM

Devtome and Devcoin.org too:

http://devtome.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
http://devcoin.org/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

And the forum site is abandoned: http://devcointalk.org/ (full of SPAM)

It all seems like there is nobody taking care Devcoin anymore. Yet I think DVC is great for micro-transactions, I will elaborate more soon.

I thought our forum was something along the lines of coinzen? Currently trying to figure out what forum we have other than this thread...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 02:45:05 PM

I had bad experiences with bter & thier customer service is on a par with yobit - ie: nonexistent, so I stopped using them a while ago.

Well, looks like the potential support is kinda limited

I think this is due to the way the coin has been left to die by the current "dev team"? Devcoin is one of the few coins that has an original & creative idea which in the right hands & leadership can be a very successful coin. SHA256 merge mined coins just can't fail, especially ones with original concepts like Devcoin - just look at what clockuniverse has done with Terracoin, or protonn has done with Argentum - both these coins were left to die by their respective team who simply couldn't be bothered with them any more. All it takes is a bit of effort by a willing dev & some TLC/PR & this coin will once again be back where it belongs.

@markm:  Rescue us!!

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
sawa
Legendary

Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:38:08 PM

Yes, everything is bad.
If I'm not mistaken, the hosting was paid by this person:
Code:
Registrant Name: JASON HUDGINS
Registrant Organization: JASIN
Registrant Street: 113 ANDROS ST
Registrant City: LEHIGH
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 33936
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8776615635
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.8776615635
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: JRBUDDY2@GMAIL.COM
After hoster stopped receiving payment he replaced the main page and dns record to howtobuybitcoins.com
But the content of devtome.com and devcoin.org is still not removed. They are 2 sites on the host 162.213.253.110.

Has anyone tried to contact with JASON HUDGINS?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 08:06:58 PM

Unthinkingbit used to regularly grab all the content-pages using wget or something similar, so if it turns out not to be possible to get an archive of the actual database maybe we can still re-create the thing somehow from the pages he captured.

If at all possible though we should get an actual database-backup.

There is lots that can be done with this coin, from my point of view we totally failed to make good use of the ability to use bounties to get code and documentation created, and also failed to keep focus on a larger picture in which DeVCoin was just one of many intergalactic currencies which all interweave in a huge multifacted Galactic Milieu.

I used Devtome as a repository of documentation on the Milieu, and really if you think about it using it to document our projects ought actually to be one of the best ways for it to function as an advertising medium, since instead of intruding ads into the content the actual content would be one huge body of advertising documenting our entire huge multifacted weave of inter-related projects.

My plan was to have Freeciv worlds so that we could build marketplaces, banks and stock exchanges (standard city-improvements in civ-type games), and use Open Transactions to actually IMPLEMENT markets, banks and stock-exchanges, so that creating such things would be as "simple" as just building them in the game! Meanwhile also having both a text mode (CoffeeMUD) interface and a two-dimensional tile-type interface (Crossfire RPG) on an individual roleplaying character scale so people could walk individual characters around the cities to go visit the marketplaces, banks and stock exchanges and all the other interesting things that can be built in cities.

Then too, a three-dimensional immersive graphics interface (Open Simulator).

Just that much provides a huge amount of work that coders and artists could be paid in devcoin shares to produce, and huge amount of strategic planning to work out things like exactly how best to generate three dimensional views of crossfire maps and characters, how best to generate crossfire-scale maps of freeciv worlds and so on.

The idea is to use off the shelf free open source software as much as possible, and get any new code we need to be part of the main distros, such as by using bounties to get the developers to include little tweaks we might need to help facilitate making all those different projects all fit together and work together. Using standard distros of the softare means not having to have a whole bunch of custom hacks that keep having to re-do every time the main distro new version comes out.

Becaquse I have had decades of experience with the problem of economics clobbering large-scale game plans, I figured we start with the purely economic game of currences stocks shares and such, since we know from watching crypto-coin exchanges in action that there are plenty of "players" willing to pour lotgs of money into just the abstract finances aspect of the "game", heck for a lot of thse "players" having an actual charactger who walks across a city map, possibly getting attacked on the way, would not even be seen as a nice added feature of the "game", they LIKE it just bare-bones financial! Thus the oconomics of the game section located at http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=galactic_milieu#Economics

-MarkM-

Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 04:30:00 AM

Is there anyone who sent DVC to bter.com deposit recent week?
My transaction is pending for a few days there (since 11/20/2016 1:09:12)

Yes, it also happened to me, unfortunately. I sent DVC 495 000  and they got "lost" in the way from my wallet to bter.com address. It doesn't even show up in the pending transactions section!  They actually answered back a couple of times, but since the last communication, they haven't fixed the problem yet.  I won't recommend to send any DVC in there at the moment, at least, until they fix that problem. I apologize for not reporting it before, I honestly thought it was something that just happened to me.  The good news is that the whole transaction process appears done in the blockchain, the bad is, it doesn't get through into my bter account yet.  Undecided

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:04:41 AM

So markm, you still control the domains?
And is Unthinkingbit still following all this?

Devtome and Devcoin.org too:

http://devtome.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
http://devcoin.org/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
And the forum site is abandoned: http://devcointalk.org/ (full of SPAM)
It all seems like there is nobody taking care Devcoin anymore. Yet I think DVC is great for micro-transactions, I will elaborate more soon.
I thought our forum was something along the lines of coinzen? Currently trying to figure out what forum we have other than this thread...
-MarkM-

Setting a new, clean forum up is kinda easy if there are motivated people

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:58:48 PM

Hi
Is Devcoin still actively developed?

Short answer: NO

Long answer: There is lack of leadership and interest on moving the coin forward, so the "heads" of this project are basically letting it die. They should better step aside and let others take over!!

WTF ?

It sounds like all the stuff you took away from me is dying?

Why the F take it away if you just want to let it die?

I can redirect all the domains that I control (which I think is most of them) and point them at my own server if the people who insisted I point them at theirs are not doing their jobs...

Unthinkingbit and I built this coin originally, but somewhere along the line some other folks started insisting they wanted to do the websites have the DNS lookups pointed to their own servers, heck even may have bought a few of the domains, although I think I hold most of them.

Unthnkingbit and I have been chugging along all along, I don't think he has missed a cycle yet, he sends me an email saying build the data files, having provided the data in a github repo, I build and upload, then he tells other people to grab copies to make the redundant copies all over the place.

I originally set up the wiki but someone who it seems in retrospect must be just some asshole insisted he could do better and here we are today with people complaining tghe wiki (devtome) is dying.

Give me a download link with which to download the wiki database, I will redirect all the domains I control and set it up again myself...

And fat chance I let some other asshole take control away again most likely, now we have seen where that led...

Do we even have a forum anymore?

On devtome.com wiki I tried one of the main links on the left and it sent me to buybiycoins site! WTF?

I tried to find a forum to see what is happening and dont seem to know anymore what domain if any has our forum, if we even have one anymore?

-MarkM-

Glad to see you post. It always seems to workout this way when others claim to have a "better idea". You have my support for sure...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 03:31:05 AM

To help support DeVCoin, such as by providing DVC/CNY marketmaking on the BTER exchange, I have created an asset on the Horizon network.

I have created an info page about the asset at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzgrow/

DeVCoin is only one of the growth-potential items this HZGROW fund bundles together, see the info page for info.

-MarkM-

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:22:10 PM

To help support DeVCoin, such as by providing DVC/CNY marketmaking on the BTER exchange, I have created an asset on the Horizon network.

I have created an info page about the asset at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzgrow/

DeVCoin is only one of the growth-potential items this HZGROW fund bundles together, see the info page for info.

-MarkM-

To be honest I don't really understand what is this Horizon network

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 02:26:42 PM

-MarkM-

To be honest I don't really understand what is this Horizon network

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785

-MarkM-

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:32:07 PM

I didn't have the time to read everything in depth, but do you really think it may have an effect on DVC? (actual question, I don't know at all)

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 01:50:27 AM

I didn't have the time to read everything in depth, but do you really think it may have an effect on DVC? (actual question, I don't know at all)

There is certainly a lot of potential to affect DVC prices, but a lot does depend on policies.

A really big factor is the huge amount of debt that is denominated in DeVCoins. Now that the "official" value of DeVCoins based on actual trade on exchanges has dropped from about 3 satoshis to about a third of a satoshi thanks to no longer having a DVC/BTC market and using DVC/CNY and DVC/LTC markets instead, all that debt has dropped in value massively. But, that also has massively increased interest in paying off those debts fast while DVC to pay them with is dirt cheap.

The thing is, the debt is massive, it uses DVC as a "unit of account" without thinking about how many DVC actually exist, so the total debt is many many times as much as all the DeVCoins that currently exist, heck it is more than WILL exist for decades.

That though is why policy has been to accept payment of those debts using other currencies, based on the "current rates" file found at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc

If lenders actually insisted that debts only be repaid using actual DeVCoins, wow that would put insane pressure on DVC prices! Smiley

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 07:23:21 AM

Since some people still do not really understand the Galactic Milieu project that all these coins and assets interact within, I made an explanatory post at

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1616394.msg17178364#msg17178364

-MarkM-

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 01:07:18 AM

Sorry I changed the password on the db and had not updated the devcointalk password a few weeks ago.  But

http://devcointalk.org/index.php

Is still up and running and good for use Smiley

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: