Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:45:31 PM

Can someone sell me some DEV please? https://www.coingather.com/exchange/DVC/LTC

We think this currency has a lot of potential and would like to have a stake for incentive. Cheesy

Moving a slab of dvc there now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jimmy Crypto

Activity: 55
Merit: 53

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:32:57 PM

Can someone sell me some DEV please? https://www.coingather.com/exchange/DVC/LTC

We think this currency has a lot of potential and would like to have a stake for incentive. Cheesy

Thank you!  Smiley Cheesy Kiss

"From the many, one. From one, the source."
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:13:11 AM

Any Devtome contributors still around?

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:43:06 PM

(Will add to this massively over the next few weeks via Devtome)

To the ancients, we lived in a world that was not separate from the world of the dead. Yes most pantheons had some form of "underworld" where "souls" went, but there has never been a time in history where humans didn't believe that people from the past were coming to the present to give them more power/ability.

Ex: Tribal Ancestor Worship, Egyptian Temples to Pharaohs & Healers, Catholic Saints, Asian Ancestor Worship etc.

And as my younger brother died recently, I feel a deep desire to do something great for the world, for him. The word "Posterity" basically means: Future Generations, but on a deeper level. So I am starting a brand, the brand will be called "For Posterity". We won't be here to sell you shirts, or jeans, or even a lifestyle. The goal of "For Posterity" is simply to lay the groundwork "For Posterity" to be great. And this may not seem like it has anything to do with ancestors, but I will be bringing the future and the past together. Not by trying to be like the past, but by remembering the past.

As I am extremely poor right now, and am not going to ask for charity, I am going to do some research of my own to start "For Posterity", I am not sure what all we will do, but for now I am going to do clinical research that has the ability to save people like my brother when I go public with it, and I will write a book that will make the next generation the most brilliant we have seen. I know it doesn't seem like there is much hope for the Beliebers and Lady Gaga fans, but I am trying my hardest.

First, here is the research that can benefit anyone that suffers head trauma, brain swelling and coma.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/696549-Endo-Cannabinoids-and-a-new-development

Here is the book I am writing for the next generation:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=ancient_history_by_finshaggy_aka_hannibalimhotep

Here is The Global Marijuana Research Project, which is an extension of the research that can save patients similar to my brother:
https://www.facebook.com/events/444960815625256

I will also teach people how to get their voice heard through social media, books and more. This thread will cover that.

I don't feel like my brothers gone, I feel like he beat me to the area that is better than life, and left me here to give other people (who want a long life) a shot at a longer life, while I wait to see him again.

I'm not Christian, I don't believe in heaven. I have some Hindu beliefs, but I do not believe in reincarnation in the way most people do.

I believe that he was never not alive, I believe life (as we see it) is the worst part of the universal cycles. And that when we die, we wake up and wonder "Why did I care about being alive?"

Websites to help you get connected to people around you and around the world:

http://www.meetup.com/find/
http://socialmediaclub.org/

Websites to keep you updated or connecting with others:
Care2
CaringBridge
DailyStrength
DXY.cn
Reddit
Technorati
PostRank.com
Itunes Podcasts
Read Wired Magazine and Blogs occasionally
Blogger
Delicious
Facebook
FriendFeed
Friendster
hi5
Identi.ca
StatusNet
LinkedIn
LiveJournal
Mashable
MySpace
Plaxo
Plurk
Tumblr
Twitter
WordPress.com
Xanga
43 Things
Academia.edu
Audimated.com
Bebo
BlackPlanet
Blauk
Blogster
Bolt.com
Busuu
Buzznet
Classmates.com
Cloob
CouchSurfing
Cross.tv
Crunchyroll
Cyworld
DailyBooth
deviantART
Diaspora (social network)
DontStayIn
Elftown
English, baby!
Epernicus
eToro
Ravelinks
Experience Project
Exploroo
Faces.com
FilmAffinity
Filmow
Flixster
Flickr
Focus.com
Formspring
Fotki
Fotolog
Foursquare
Friendica
Friends Reunited
Frühstückstreff
Fuelmyblog
FullCircle
Gaia Online
GamerDNA
Gapyear.com
Gather.com
Geni.com
GetGlue
Goodreads
Goodwizz
Google+
GovLoop
Habbo
Hospitality Club
Hotlist
HR.com
Hyves
Ibibo
Indaba Music
italki.com
Itsmy
Kiwibox
Lafango
LaiBhaari
Last.fm
LibraryThing
Lifeknot
LinkExpats
Listography
Livemocha
Makeoutclub
MEETin
Meettheboss
MillatFacebook
mixi
MocoSpace
MOG
MouthShut.com
Mubi
MyHeritage
MyLife
My Opera
Nasza-klasa.pl
Netlog
Nexopia
Odnoklassniki
Open Diary
Orkut
Pinterest
Playfire
Playlist.com
Quechup
Raptr
Renren
ReverbNation.com
ScienceStage
Shelfari
Sina Weibo
Skoob
Skyrock
SocialVibe
Sonico.com
Spaces
StudiVZ
Students Circle Network
StumbleUpon
Tagged
Talkbiznow
Taltopia
Taringa!
TeachStreet
TravBuddy.com
Travellerspoint
tribe.net
Tumblr
Tylted
Vkontakte
Vampirefreaks.com
Viadeo
Virb
Vox
Wattpad
WAYN
We Heart It
Wellwer
Wepolls.com
Wer-kennt-wen
weRead
Wiser.org
Wooxie
WriteAPrisoner.com
XING
Xt3
Yammer
Yelp, Inc.
Zoo.gr
Zooppa

Attend Social Media Conferences, Seminars and Conventions. Even if you already know a lot, you can meet people and learn more.

And when you are bored, go through questions on Yahoo answers to think of subjects to blog about, or so that you can answer people's questions and get credit and noticed.

Tips:

1. Blog at least once a week, if not 5x a week
2. Make sure to have tons of blog posts that are 200 words or less, with a picture included
3. Invite other people like friends and random other bloggers to make a post on your blog
4. Make a Podcast
5. Advertise your podcast on your blog, and at the end of your podcast give people a link to your blog. Also, get your Podcasts made into written form (maybe using Dragon software) and post them to your blog.
6. Promote blog comments by asking questions at the end of posts, and having small contests.
7. Blog on Weekends
8. Have a plan that goes beyond today, tomorrow, this week, this month, and even this year. But make sure your plan is not too rigid, and is flexible enough to roll with the punches.
9. Create a daily calendar for online activity, and eventually a routine. Eventually you will be checking a few websites per hour, each website once or twice a day. And you will cover far more ground than you could by hanging out on 1-5 websites all day.
10. Focus on your goals, do not become too obsessed with a new technology that does not propel you forward.
11. Create a brand, it takes some people 27 glances to recognize a brand coherently. Try to be more recognizable and substantial than the others.
12. Pay attention to what is earning money and bringing traffic to your blog. Do not focus on "being cool".
13. Promote other people's projects, products and causes. Such as Facebook events, groups and pages.
14. Provide opportunities for many people to come together and collaborate on projects. People enjoy being part of a group.
15. Bring new people to the websites and groups that your frequent.
16. Create a "catch phrase" that fits on Twitter, make sure it answers the question "What do you do?"
17. Create PDF documents and share them for free on Amazon
18. Share quotes from your fans
19. Share customers testimonials
20. Blog a list of positive things people have said about you, your business and your product
21. Create Youtube videos and put them on your website
22. Offer live chat on Skype through your website or blog
23. Create forum threads or Facebook groups/pages about your product

Logo:

Logo's must be simple, so that they can be recognized at ANY size. Plan on having business card, flyers, website banners, and even pens & billboards with your company name. If you are not a professional, seek out a professional or use something like colored pencil to create your first logo, so that people don't judge it as harshly (since there are tons very professional Graphic Designers). But seek out a professional Graphic designer as soon as possible.

Distinguish Your Content:

If everyone else blogs 3-4x a week, you should blog EVERY day. If people are making 5 minute videos, make a bunch of 1 minute videos, and one 20 minute video. If they post in the morning, post in the morning, and at night.

Don't worry about not having the best equipment, if you make lots of videos with a shitty camera, or a book sized blog that only took a week. Maybe you can start getting recognized for those things, and as you grow you will be able to continue making money and growing views in a way that is easy for you. Since it will become known as "your style".

FREQUENT FORUMS. Even if you aren't a member of any forums right now (most of you are, since DavidIcke.com is a forum, but if you aren't you should join THIS forum). I know it doesn't "seem" as useful as facebook, and doesn't "seem" as interesting as Facebook, but I promise that forum posts will (in the long run) get more views, and replies than ANY post on a blog or facebook. And while on forums, do not just reply to other people's threads, start threads about stuff you are interested in knowing more about, or stuff you have a great deal of knowledge about.

Try to make your "benefits" long term. If you offer a diet for people to lose weight, make sure you aren't offering something that will change as soon as they go back to a more regular eating schedule and lifestyle. Try to give people advice that sticks, even when they don't return to your posts.

As you get more successful, do not distance yourself from "the public".

Make sure your content is EASY TO SHARE.

When you create a thread on a forum, put it on Blogger. When you create a blog, copy and paste it to make a new a forum thread. And take both of those and post them on Reddit somewhere.

Also, don't forget Facebook, copy and paste your posts on Facebook. And DO NOT underestimate Facebook groups. Some of these groups are SPECIFIC to your topic, and have over 5,000 members. That is a huge advantage to anyone.

If you post pictures one a a time on your blog, also mass upload your entire photo album to photobucket and Google+ so that they are all in multiple places, with multiple resolutions.

Offer an RSS link so that people can constantly share your information to their twitters and other social media outlets.

Use websites like Dlvr.it so that you can have RSS feeds posting your posts on all of YOUR social media outlets (ex: it will share links to your blog posts on Twitter)

Tell people how they can use YOUR RSS link to keep their twitter constantly going.

Create a meme that is somehow related to you, your product, or your company.

BE ACCESSIBLE

Join the free Google online phone service, or get an app like Text+ for your phone. Then have a phone number posted online that people can contact. Make sure only to add your number after important information, so that people that just finished reading will be calling you most instead of trolls.

Make sure that nearly or EVERY page is available from the front page of your website, and add a search function. Also, offer this link somewhere for customers who want to do deeper searches.

[url]https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=%22search+term%22+site%3Awww.yourwebsite.com&oq=%22search+term%22+site%3Awww.yourwebsite.com&gs_l=serp.3...3491.19382.0.19719.43.38.4.0.0.1.278.4474.20j12j6.38.0....0...1c.1.29.serp..43.0.0.-sWOA-k96qY

CREATE A NAME

Make sure your name does not have numbers after it, and make sure the website is available. Make sure your name is not too similar to other brands in the same industry and make sure that you do not make your name too locally significant, unless your local slang can be understood across cultures and countries.

As soon as you create your brand, make sure you have something interesting behind it. Do something that will leave people wanting more, or that will make them want to come back to make sure they don't forget any of the information. Or wait until you have a good grouping of videos, or a very viral picture or video. Make sure that the first thing you associate with your brand will last forever, or at least into the next generation. Make sure to be general enough to give yourself room to evolve and grow, don't make your goals to specific too soon.

Be hard or impossible to duplicate. Present information that other people will find hard to refute, or possible even hard to find any information about at all. If people can't easily steal your work and add their own twist to it, then anyone copying you will just be helping you through mimicry, since your post is just as informative and was online first.

Also, create a name so unique, that if someone tries to copy you, it will be extremely obvious to anyone viewing (customers). If at all possible, try to reserve the variations for yourself.

Make sure your name is not too hard to pronounce for anyone, make sure your name doesn't make fun of you in other languages.

Do not try too hard to make your name reflect your business. Eventually you will create the idea of your company in people's minds whenever they hear it, so it is not necessary to (for example) name your jewelry "The Jeweler's" you can call it "Stephanie's"

If you CAN declare what you are without trying to hard, do. (for example) you can name your video game shop "First Person Shopper".

Don't try too hard to make your company fit an acronym. If you MUST have an acronym, use it as the name of a large project and not the actual company. You want people to hear the REAL name of your company.

Make sure that when you post, you are furthering yourself. Make posts that outline goals, teach people things, and discuss developments.

Post about your values and what you represent.
Post about what you offer
post about the business you are involved in
Post about why your brand is unique
Post about what makes your brand distinct
Post about what you do better than anyone else
Post about who loves doing business with you
Ask questions, so that you can learn more, and people can come to your posts to learn more
Post on other people's threads, websites, blogs, videos, groups, etc Answer their questions, or just talk.

Have a listening strategy, make sure people can always contact you about everything, in one way or another.

Attach Yourself to Quality Control Campaigns

If there is someone that is angry with a company, and they are posting on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. Help them, even if they aren't getting much attention. As long as their complaint is legitimate, and is something your company believes in providing customers, you can get new customers and maybe even create partnerships through these campaigns, while helping people who would have otherwise gone unheard.

Contribute to Wikis (Like Wikipedia and Devtome) and create your own Wikis. And create Wikis for your own website, not on other wikis, I mean on your own website about the things your company does and the people in your company.

Use websites like Ubertor.com to find employees to answer phones and process orders.

Use websites like Yammer to meet other companies.

VoIP, Google Voice, Line2.com, Skype, GoToMeeting to keep your company and the people connected.

Google Docs.

Appeal to people with:

Games
Home Experiments
Home Research
Contests
Video chat rooms
Video radio shows
Interactive Podcasts
Educational Podcasts
Using Games like Minecraft & WoW.
Creating Street Teams
Offering Publishing for Brochures, Books, Contests, etc
Start Conventions
Create Festivals
Work with protests that are working towards the same missions
Work with charities that are working towards the same missions
Allow customers to suggest the future directions of your company
Support other people and companies that have similar ideas (ex: invite your friends list to their Facebook event, or defend someone in a forum post)
Blog about other companies, especially small ones
Review other websites on review websites and leave comments when it is available
Create Video Testimonials of Companies and People You support
When you find something cool that benefits you online, send a link to people and they will appreciate it.
Share uncommon information with as many people as possible, keeping secrets is not necessary
Support other people's dreams
Offer REAL deals
Offer employees and trusted customers codes that offers money off at checkout and money in the employees paycheck.
Share the Social Media accounts of people who support you
Don't be too critical online, worry more about building you and yours, than destroying others
If someone criticizes you, just use it as a chance to talk about your brand and educate people
Know your audience, don't go to a political forum talking about Horror Movies, this will help you gain credibility
Keep Promises
Offer a place for customer testimonials to be seen and for testimonials when sending customers conformation emails
Ask people to send pictures of themselves and a product of yours and send it in
Offer opportunities with your brand
Make peace in online discussion
Google yourself and your brand every once in a while, and respond to posts you never noticed before
If selling a product, offer the customer a chance to reply to an email in regards to their experience with the product, and let them know their comments may be shared on your site
Make promises and state goals, then accomplish them
TELL THE TRUTH

Get a smartphone with a Data plan

If you do not have a smart phone, get one. Droid is better than Iphone until I phone invents something ACTUALLY new. Not just a different size, shape and speed.

Being able to post a current event that you witnessed first hand is critical, if you want to become recognized in the world of social media. You will need to think like a news reporter. When you hear gunshots, don't run away, more than likely the shooter will shoot then pocket the gun, or throw it and run. So if you can get a video of people's reaction, without reacting yourself, you will have an advantage. If you see a group of cop cars going somewhere, see where that somewhere is. If someone is pulled over on the side of the road, see if it looks like anyone is being harassed or profiled. Help the little guy, and don't be scared. And being able to post these things as soon as they happen is critical for anyone that wants to be the first on the scene, so a data plan is necessary.

Get a laptop, so that you can have computing power anywhere.

Get a video camera that uploads directly to YouTube. And make sure you have at least an average quality zoom. Do not worry about getting a "high end" video camera, worry about getting a camera that allows for quick editing and convenient internet postage.

Get a webcam, talking to a camera and putting it on YouTube can help people feel closer to you, and sometimes saying an idea out loud helps it get across better than it ever could have been in a written blog.

Get a digital camera, and take pictures at events. Having a "higher" (not too high) mega pixel is kind of important, but what matters most is quality during zoom and ability to zoom. Zoom beats mega pixel any day. And taking pictures of customers and people at events is a great way to get people excited about a brand.

Get a good microphone, it will come in handy one way or another. You can make pod-casts, record interviews and more. It will also help any random videos on the street become more professional.

Get Boingo once you have the resources, and are out and about more. This way you can access WiFi internet basically anywhere.

^miss you fin man ! :-D *where art thou ~~~

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:55:57 AM

maybe with his brother
gembitz

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:23:45 AM

maybe with his brother

^nope we doxxed him looks like hes still around lulz :-D *make bitcoin great again~

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:51:39 AM

maybe with his brother

^nope we doxxed him looks like hes still around lulz :-D *make bitcoin great again~

If you mean Fin, I kind of miss that guy. I'll be honest in that he annoyed the crap out of me (among others), but his rants/half-baked ideas were entertaining nonetheless. And his idea of a Bitcoin city that's free to all appears to be coming into fruition by a few separate groups now.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
gembitz

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:21:25 AM

maybe with his brother

If you mean Fin, I kind of miss that guy. I'll be honest in that he annoyed the crap out of me (among others), but his rants/half-baked ideas were entertaining nonetheless. And his idea of a Bitcoin city that's free to all appears to be coming into fruition by a few separate groups now.

^bwaahahah YOU are still here u willey outlaw!!! ya i was talking about fin the other day had to look him up! :-D #bitcoin_city

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 11:18:24 PM

It looks like we got Devcoin back to the market! Just added coingather to the wiki: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=where_to_spend_your_devcoins

Also, I'm using DVC for fun, with trillions of DVC available for very cheap and a still strong mining force, DVC is ideal for integrating into games or any on-line app that needs to track points and balances.

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 04:07:45 PM

It's great to see this thread returning to life. Smiley Kiss

Devcoin has a long history w/ obvious potential benefit for the entire crypto community. I wonder if getting it listed on Bittrex would be a good idea? I'd be glad to help share in the cost of a Spotlight listing.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

It's great to see this thread returning to life.

Indeed, & with no over-zelous censorship - unlike your broken coin thread.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
gembitz

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:55:44 PM

Any Devtome contributors still around?

^i got rejected for my writing was labeled "drivel" & didn't qualify ;-D *it's a mystery~ lol

gembitz

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:59:35 PM

Devcoin has a long history w/ obvious potential benefit for the entire crypto community. I wonder if getting it listed on Bittrex would be a good idea? I'd be glad to help share in the cost of a Spotlight listing.

^bittrex is all bad now they are doxxing their users expect bittrex to go the way of cryptsy soon ~ db hacked per their wallet guy -> jyap :\ *get all coins out of bittrex imhfo bruh

ot--* wanna play some chess? Wink

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 02:08:49 AM

My understanding is the developers get a large percentage of the block reward.

Is there a report available where we can learn how these funds are being utilized?

Keep moving slabs please. I'd like to pick some up as well! Cheesy
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:00:27 AM

By all means, if you have the time and inclination to restore devcoin then do it. When I took over from Unthinkingbit, capital was fleeing devcoin through devtome, which wasn’t even close to paying itself off. With a sinking price I didn’t act quickly enough (nor really had the power) to stem it before the bottom fell out and exchanges starting dying or delisting dvc. Without exchange support, there was no price support, and without price support the shares were worthless as an incentive, so no one wanted to do anything to help fix it. There was basically a hyperinflation of devcoin going on due to capital flight - devtome was a money sink that never paid itself off. I think in two years it amassed something like 0.5btc in advertising revenue.

Since then, I’ve tried a handful of restart attempts but it’s obvious that I’m not cut out for the job. If you or anyone else would like to take over that’s fine with me. Unthinkingbit is in charge of accounting, everyone else is apparently in charge of whatever he left them in charge of when he resigned as leader. He’s the only one we have to inform. Who’d like to do it? Just say so.

Devcoin is a great cause and if people have the interest in redefining it, I would never stand in the way. Whoever takes over should focus on getting exchange support again. To get that you need to get someone to update the code to the latest bitcoin branch. Either kill, or clean up devtome so advertisers that actually pay will touch it.

The only thing I really manage is the 'ongoing list' and I've purged that as much as I can. It can probably be purged further, but without exchange support the whole thing is a bit moot.

I put this together when I took over to track who's supposed to be doing what: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources

Hunterbunter

I wasn't aiming at you personally, I'm just appalled by the waste of a good idea this coin is and found scary that even the leader didn't even log in the past months

I think that this coin has a great potential and has died before it could have shown what it's capable of
I'm not 100% sure it would work but I'm sure it died too soon to know

So yeah I think it badly needs to be redefined by whoever wants to be part of this, I personally would love to help but it would need more people to do something useful

Anyway, thanks for your input Hunterbunter

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:17:56 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2017, 08:10:31 PM by develCuy

By all means, if you have the time and inclination to restore devcoin then do it. When I took over from Unthinkingbit, capital was fleeing devcoin through devtome, which wasn’t even close to paying itself off. With a sinking price I didn’t act quickly enough (nor really had the power) to stem it before the bottom fell out and exchanges starting dying or delisting dvc. Without exchange support, there was no price support, and without price support the shares were worthless as an incentive, so no one wanted to do anything to help fix it. There was basically a hyperinflation of devcoin going on due to capital flight - devtome was a money sink that never paid itself off. I think in two years it amassed something like 0.5btc in advertising revenue.

Since then, I’ve tried a handful of restart attempts but it’s obvious that I’m not cut out for the job. If you or anyone else would like to take over that’s fine with me. Unthinkingbit is in charge of accounting, everyone else is apparently in charge of whatever he left them in charge of when he resigned as leader. He’s the only one we have to inform. Who’d like to do it? Just say so.

Devcoin is a great cause and if people have the interest in redefining it, I would never stand in the way. Whoever takes over should focus on getting exchange support again. To get that you need to get someone to update the code to the latest bitcoin branch. Either kill, or clean up devtome so advertisers that actually pay will touch it.

The only thing I really manage is the 'ongoing list' and I've purged that as much as I can. It can probably be purged further, but without exchange support the whole thing is a bit moot.

I put this together when I took over to track who's supposed to be doing what: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources

Hunterbunter

I wasn't aiming at you personally, I'm just appalled by the waste of a good idea this coin is and found scary that even the leader didn't even log in the past months

I think that this coin has a great potential and has died before it could have shown what it's capable of
I'm not 100% sure it would work but I'm sure it died too soon to know

So yeah I think it badly needs to be redefined by whoever wants to be part of this, I personally would love to help but it would need more people to do something useful

Anyway, thanks for your input Hunterbunter

Devcoin died? Are you kidding me?

I'll sound tough here (So sorry boy)... every time we do something to help Devcoin recover, people comes to say nonsense. Realize something if it is not clear to you guys. Devcoin has solid network hashing power from merged mining. They are not uninstalling Devcoin from their miners even when it disappeared from exchange markets, they are doing it now, so forget about killing Devcoin. It is alive and staying for years.

Now consider the possibilities, if we can't kill Devcoin, what to do so? Use Devcoin or just forget about it, period.

Those who want to keep using Devcoin and to help it grow please PM me, It is time to take over. Are you collaborating with us @Hunterbunter?

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:20:01 PM

^bittrex is all bad now they are doxxing their users expect bittrex to go the way of cryptsy soon ~ db hacked per their wallet guy -> jyap :\ *get all coins out of bittrex imhfo bruh

ot--* wanna play some chess? Wink

That was last year, around April and they are still there...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:11:03 PM

where can trade?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:38:08 PM

Devcoin slowly lives on. Guess the user base will become more active at some point.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 12:52:04 PM

where can trade?

https://www.coingather.com/exchange/DVC/LTC
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: