Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:33:15 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 11:17:39 PM by smeagol

I am still not showing up on the receiver files!

Edit: As the round has just ended, will I not receive anything this month since I was not on the file?  Or will it be able to be edited.

Thank you for reviewing this!  Smiley

Today I actually have time to devote to writing, so like a lot of Devtome writers I'm trying to squeeze in a few more shares before the round closes.  As I'm doing this, I came up with an idea that I thought was worth sharing.  What do you all think?

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_closing_of_the_round_intensity

I would be interested in that!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:34:17 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 01:19:39 AM by wiser

That could explain why the number of shares is so low even though this round is about to end.  Devtome people, please consider this a bug report Smiley

I ran it for you just now and the weighted word count is 102,117 words, roughly 15,000 extra words. The earnings at Emfox's site are redone every day, so it should eventually see them. I don't know what that will be after the earnings multiplier, but for you it should be more than 15 shares.

I'm still seeing the same 11 shares on my word count, though I'm noticing that the files are updating as the overall numbers are changing.  I suppose it's possible my own counts are off, but I am pretty sure that I added at least one or two shares' worth after I saw 11 by my ID.  I added more articles today, so I would definitely expect my word count to update soon.  For this round I will go back over everything I've published and manually add up the number of words myself, then let you know what I think my share count (based on Devtome contributions, not any other sources) should be once the round formally closes.  Should I PM you with that info or post it in this thread?  I'm just wondering if there's some sort of bug with the way the script is reading my invoice?

EDIT:  Another odd thing I'm noticing is that it seems to be taking way longer than ten minutes per block.  Has the mining difficulty dramatically increased in the last 36 hours?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:40:19 PM

I am still not showing up on the receiver files!

Edit: As the round has just ended, will I not receive anything this month since I was not on the file?  Or will it be able to be edited.

Thank you for reviewing this!  Smiley

The round ends at 105,300 so as of now there are still 73 blocks remaining.  But with the way the payout schedule works, it allows time to fix errors and so forth, so if something is not working right, there's definitely the opportunity to get that fixed before it's time to receive the generated shares.  You just want to stay on top of it.

Today I actually have time to devote to writing, so like a lot of Devtome writers I'm trying to squeeze in a few more shares before the round closes.  As I'm doing this, I came up with an idea that I thought was worth sharing.  What do you all think?

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_closing_of_the_round_intensity

I would be interested in that!

Awesome Smiley
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:48:21 AM

Re http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=another_thing_i_dont_understand

It is likely the number of outputs (of previous transactions) needed to be combined to make the complicated number that pushes it over a 1k-bytes transaction-size itself that does it.

Places sending tiny amounts might be sending many people a tiny amount all in one huge transaction to minimise the amount of transaction fee per recipient by averaging the fee over the many recipients they pay with one single multi-output transaction.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:12:11 AM

Re http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=another_thing_i_dont_understand

It is likely the number of outputs (of previous transactions) needed to be combined to make the complicated number that pushes it over a 1k-bytes transaction-size itself that does it.

Places sending tiny amounts might be sending many people a tiny amount all in one huge transaction to minimise the amount of transaction fee per recipient by averaging the fee over the many recipients they pay with one single multi-output transaction.

-MarkM-

Is there a way to send a single multi output transaction using a regular wallet?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:22:43 AM

Only in coins whose code is recent enough to include the raw transactions interface I think, that lets you make arbitrary raw transactions.

You still would have to manually invent the transaction though or have some external tool put it together for you I think.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 01:59:30 PM

Would anyone like to join in the creation of a history book???

I am covering BC history, and will cover some of the crusades. But if anyone wants to do Pre-History, or AD history... It's WIDE open, and I plan on publishing, so you would get your name on the front for free, plus whatever portion of the book you write as payment. I do want final edit though, because I want this book to be something that interests kids. I want it to be a history book that kids ASK for, so I don't want someone just filling pages with boring facts, just gloss over the boring stuff and maybe put an interesting picture of it. They can get boring from the teachers in school.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291631.0

I would be willing to do all of the editing and proofreading in return for a share of all income from the writing (both in Devcoins from Devtome and in whatever sales occur). I went through your current posting on Devtome and it has a lot of work needed before it can be a viable source for teaching.

I'll offer up the same deal to anyone else that is interested as well!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:36:10 PM

I am covering BC history, and will cover some of the crusades. But if anyone wants to do Pre-History, or AD history... It's WIDE open, and I plan on publishing, so you would get your name on the front for free, plus whatever portion of the book you write as payment. I do want final edit though, because I want this book to be something that interests kids. I want it to be a history book that kids ASK for, so I don't want someone just filling pages with boring facts, just gloss over the boring stuff and maybe put an interesting picture of it. They can get boring from the teachers in school.

I would be willing to do all of the editing and proofreading in return for a share of all income from the writing (both in Devcoins from Devtome and in whatever sales occur). I went through your current posting on Devtome and it has a lot of work needed before it can be a viable source for teaching.

I'm gonna be doing the editing and proof reading, I'm just looking for people that want to write about history.
What you are reading is a rough draft, and even that is in its early stages.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:49:22 PM

I'm gonna be doing the editing and proof reading, I'm just looking for people that want to write about history.

I just realized, maybe this doesn't make complete sense, so I'll explain. The rough draft is so far a summary of 3 books, eventually it will be a summary of 200 books. So it's just a work in progress right now, not even a complete rough draft. Even the longest section of the book (Hannibal) is going to be a small section compared to the section about his nation (Carthage). And I haven't even started talking about his nation yet.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:53:23 PM

I just realized, maybe this doesn't make complete sense, so I'll explain. The rough draft is so far a summary of 3 books, eventually it will be a summary of 200 books. So it's just a work in progress right now, not even a complete rough draft. Even the longest section of the book (Hannibal) is going to be a small section compared to the section about his nation (Carthage). And I haven't even started talking about his nation yet.

It's fine. I was just finding one grammatical and spelling error after another in it so I figured I'd offer up my services.

Best of luck with the project!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 04:05:25 PM

It's fine. I was just finding one grammatical and spelling error after another in it so I figured I'd offer up my services.

Best of luck with the project!

That, and paragraphs are basically non existent (and Cathiginian is spelt wrong almost every time). I'll fix it all before I am done with the project.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 04:19:56 PM

Anyone writing on Devtome that has an interest in ANY part of history (from the death of Jesus until now), if you write some history for Devtome, we will eventually edit it and add it to our book (if you want), and you will get paid for however many pages are yours compared to the entire book (for the rest of your life, as people buy it you will get that share).

Here's the book so far, it JUST started, so you wouldn't even be coming in late:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=ancient_history_by_finshaggy_aka_hannibalimhotep

I'm covering the world before Jesus died. If anyone wants to add Jesus, that's fine too, we could always use multiple perspectives (mine is going to be non-christian, but very studied as I have read the Bible and will be reading tons more Bible related stuff after I get done with Carthage)

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

Also, once the history book is written, we plan on helping any writers to become book reviewers/critics (I feel like there is a difference in the 2).
So after we write about history together, we can buy modern books and help each other get paid just for reading.

And I think Devtome should eventually have a "Deview", where you can earn coins for adding comments and reviews about books and movies.
Maybe I can work that out myself if I can get a good bookstore started after I finish all the books I'm getting to help me research for this book.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:45:43 PM

Anyone writing on Devtome that has an interest in ANY part of history (from the death of Jesus until now), if you write some history for Devtome, we will eventually edit it and add it to our book (if you want), and you will get paid for however many pages are yours compared to the entire book (for the rest of your life, as people buy it you will get that share).

Here's the book so far, it JUST started, so you wouldn't even be coming in late:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=ancient_history_by_finshaggy_aka_hannibalimhotep

I'm covering the world before Jesus died. If anyone wants to add Jesus, that's fine too, we could always use multiple perspectives (mine is going to be non-christian, but very studied as I have read the Bible and will be reading tons more Bible related stuff after I get done with Carthage)

If I edit it for clarity and grammar, would I be able to post it in collated, or what?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:47:32 PM

If I edit it for clarity and grammar, would I be able to post it in collated, or what?

I don't think you can post it in collated as that would be double-dipping (the one writing would be counted twice).

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:19:14 PM

I don't think you can post it in collated as that would be double-dipping (the one writing would be counted twice).

Hmm...
Would it be possible to add multiple contributors to an article then, or add a section such as "edited" which is weighted at 0.1 or something?

Like so:
==Edited== (weighted 0.1)
[[:Example]]
==Collated== (weighted 0.3) <--Collated work should be worth more!  Smiley
==Original== (weighted 1)
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:22:52 PM

Hmm...
Would it be possible to add multiple contributors to an article then, or add a section such as "edited" which is weighted at 0.1 or something?

Like so:
==Edited== (weighted 0.1)
==Collated== (weighted 0.3) <--Collated work should be worth more!  Smiley
==Original== (weighted 1)

The way it was explained to me is that it essentially uses the honor system. If you help them with their article, they should help you by paying out some of the share value.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 10:40:18 PM

I don't know what "Post it in Collated" means, but I will edit it myself. I am simply reading books and summarizing them right now.

What I need is other people who read the Bible, or Rig Veda, or any other ancient religious or historical stuff, and write about it so we can put it together.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:44:14 PM

I don't know what "Post it in Collated" means, but I will edit it myself. I am simply reading books and summarizing them right now.

What I need is other people who read the Bible, or Rig Veda, or any other ancient religious or historical stuff, and write about it so we can put it together.

Qu'ran?
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 12:28:09 AM

Qu'ran?

Qu'ran works too. I am personally going to add some stuff about the hashassins Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: