Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 06:04:14 PM

That means if the total number of DeVCoins in existence right now happened to be 12270309819.76907163, calculating the value per coin from the total of the warchest would arrive at the same value we are currently using for the Latest Rates file.

I do not actually know where one finds the total number of DeVCoins that have been minted as of any particular moment,
-MarkM-

https://node1.devcoin.cloud/ext/getmoneysupply   =  18953207500   ...... Almost 19 Billion

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 06:36:42 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2019, 06:54:40 PM by markm

Great, so we are almost 2/3rds of the way to having a warchest sufficient to enable my preferred way of computing a value for a coin.

One of the advantages of the method is that the value is per coin for every coin, instead of the effect that markets produce where the last few coins you try to buy will probably cost a lot more than the first few.

This, I feel, provides a better value to use for a "unit of account", such as the total of the outstanding DeVCoin-denominated debt owed to
Galactic Financial Corp aka General Financial Corp, which as I run the calculation (it is compounded hourly, planet-known-as-Earth time, rounded up to whole hours) comes to 2767899472746.74721345 DVC. (Yes, that is 2,767,899,472,746.74721345 DeVCoins.)

It is probably worth noting that we are moving away from keeping a coin or share itself in its own warchest/treasury, despite "Martian accounting" asserting that if the coins or shares of yourself that are in your treasury are fungible with those that happen to be located elsewhere, that is, that you could sell them for the same price anyone else could sell one for, then they perfectly well ought to count toward your total asset value.

(Basically we are encouraging everyone not to keep their own thing in their per se treasury used to compute their thing's value, and a lot of treasuries have accomplished that by now, having a separate "slush fund" account in which they keep their stash of their own coin. Thus in addition to their per-se treasury most now also have a decent slush-fund, in addition of course to whatever secret service budget accounts and such that they might (and likely do) also have control of.)

(The Martians' MI5 and MI6, for example, are believed to have quite substantial hoards in addition to having technology superior to pretty much anyone other than the mythical "Hackers" and the legendary "Ancients".)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 10:53:47 PM

Great, so we are almost 2/3rds of the way to having a warchest sufficient to enable my preferred way of computing a value for a coin.

One of the advantages of the method is that the value is per coin for every coin, instead of the effect that markets produce where the last few coins you try to buy will probably cost a lot more than the first few.

This, I feel, provides a better value to use for a "unit of account", such as the total of the outstanding DeVCoin-denominated debt owed to
Galactic Financial Corp aka General Financial Corp, which as I run the calculation (it is compounded hourly, planet-known-as-Earth time, rounded up to whole hours) comes to 2767899472746.74721345 DVC. (Yes, that is 2,767,899,472,746.74721345 DeVCoins.)

It is probably worth noting that we are moving away from keeping a coin or share itself in its own warchest/treasury, despite "Martian accounting" asserting that if the coins or shares of yourself that are in your treasury are fungible with those that happen to be located elsewhere, that is, that you could sell them for the same price anyone else could sell one for, then they perfectly well ought to count toward your total asset value.

(Basically we are encouraging everyone not to keep their own thing in their per se treasury used to compute their thing's value, and a lot of treasuries have accomplished that by now, having a separate "slush fund" account in which they keep their stash of their own coin. Thus in addition to their per-se treasury most now also have a decent slush-fund, in addition of course to whatever secret service budget accounts and such that they might (and likely do) also have control of.)

(The Martians' MI5 and MI6, for example, are believed to have quite substantial hoards in addition to having technology superior to pretty much anyone other than the mythical "Hackers" and the legendary "Ancients".)

-MarkM-

I'm sensing that we are discussing a currency here that may be used to purchase items on Earth from Mars. But maybe that's just me Smiley

From the many one, from one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 11:09:22 PM

I just applied for DVC listing at Qtrade.

Definitely a longshot, but with "We list original dev coins." being their slogan - they might consider it.

Will provide updates if I hear anything back.

Thank you for this.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2019, 04:26:52 AM

I'm sensing that we are discussing a currency here that may be used to purchase items on Earth from Mars. But maybe that's just me Smiley

Actually that is exactly what I was looking to do way back when I stumbled upon bitcoin in the course of my searching. Back before pizza day.

I had actually been thinking to create initially a trading game that does not need shipping, a merchant princes layer as it were without a rail baron layer whereby the things one buys in other places can actually get transported to you instead of just staying where they are and changing ownership.

Y'see before I stumbled upon bitcoin I had assumed each starsystem's local currency would stay local, that only cargo would be moved from planet to planet, because given possible blockades and so on the money from another starsystem could be worthless since you wouldn't know whether anything it bought you could ever be transported to you, whereas the cargo from another starsystem already made the journey, you know it is good as it already made the trip.

So I had ships have only one currency field, clearing it on leaving a starsystem, so I wouldnt have to have each ship possibly have loose change lying around from potentially thousands of other starsystems.

But upon seeing bitcoin I realised aha here is a currency that given some kind of faster than light communication other than snailmail carried on starships could maybe work.

So yeah by using blockchain technology it does seem likely there will be leakage between in-game and out-of-game value.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2019, 11:19:26 AM

I had actually been thinking to create initially a trading game that does not need shipping, a merchant princes layer as it were without a rail baron layer whereby the things one buys in other places can actually get transported to you instead of just staying where they are and changing ownership.

Being an old CLUSTER player back in the KNOTWORK BBS days, this was an interesting insight into how my trading in the game worked; something which had never occurred to me until this point.

BTW, after creating a Dwarven Paladin CrossFire character the other day his plate was mistakenly dropped. It's gone to @null like a TKC drop right?

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 03:35:09 PM

I saw you were on, but only your player account is on disk, no character.

The character must have some experience when you first save / savebed, else the character just gets dropped.

I did not see the character on disk so any platemail it had is moot.

However dropping something should just drop it to the floor, not vanish it.

Maybe your client layout wasn't making obvious what was on the floor where you were standing?

By the way a Paladin is a fantasy character, as is a dwarf, if you want to also have a character on the Galactic Diplomacy Planet you will need basically a mundane human such as fighter, thief, swashbuckler or ninja. (You get multiple characters in a player account so no problem having both Galactic characters and Fantasy characters.)

-MarkM-

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 04:03:31 PM

I saw you were on, but only your player account is on disk, no character.

The character must have some experience when you first save / savebed, else the character just gets dropped.

I did not see the character on disk so any platemail it had is moot.

However dropping something should just drop it to the floor, not vanish it.

Maybe your client layout wasn't making obvious what was on the floor where you were standing?

By the way a Paladin is a fantasy character, as is a dwarf, if you want to also have a character on the Galactic Diplomacy Planet you will need basically a mundane human such as fighter, thief, swashbuckler or ninja. (You get multiple characters in a player account so no problem having both Galactic characters and Fantasy characters.)

-MarkM-

This is the only Paladin I know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_Gun_%E2%80%93_Will_Travel#Paladin

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 11:52:32 PM

Here is yet another example of something that it would be helpful to try to get coded by offering a bounty:

As some of you may be aware, GRF and GRC operate DEUterium depots, buying DEUterium from various intergalactic mining operations at the prices shown at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/deuterium.html

The thing is, this all takes place in the so called inner ring of galaxies, a collection of galaxies that are run on XNova Redisigned software, using the version whose source-code I have on github at https://github.com/knotwork/xnovaredesigned

It took a while to discover that this software is seriusly broken, in that it looks like combat was never implemented in it at all, in fact looking at the code versus the database fields it looks like the authors never even really started to implement combat.

However, we actually took that as a good thing! Smiley

Because, it means that our "inner" ring of defensive galaxies around the inhabited (by FreeCiv-implemented worlds) galaxies automagically has no combat in it! Yay! That means we do not yet have to worry that the various intergalactic mining operations we sent out there will fight (militarily) among themselves nr send warships to invade the home galaxy or galaxies of the civilised worlds (the FreeCiv-based worlds).

However, we just discovered a not-so-opportune problem: it looks like the fleet count, which limits the number of fleets you can have in flight at one time based on your computer technology, is counting incoming fleets belonging to others.

Currently both GRF and GMC have been trying to re-arrange the stockpiles of DEUterium, but it was just discovered that ven though it only has one fleet still in flight of its own GRF cannot send out more shipments to re-arrange its stockpiles because the software claims it is at its limit of fleets, presumably because there are currently incoming fleets from various mining operations delivering DEUterium.

Now of course we could simply rationalise this by saying oh that is fine, it takes computer tech to track incoming fleets of other people's obviously not just to control fleets of your own.

And that is what we will have to do if no-one comes along and fixes this bug.

But I am pretty sure, having played various so-called "O-game clones" in the past, that it is not meant to work that way.

Furthermore we already got a better O-game clone, called Two Moons, which we might even be able to upgrade the inner ring (or sphere maybe more realistically) of galaxies to.

We are in no hurry to upgrade because Two Moons DOES have combat, though we have yet to actually test whether it actually works.

Also Two Moons itself has already been through a couple more versions since we found it and set it up to run a next-outward ring of galaxies, so we should probably start testing its latest version before thinking about trying to upgrade our existing nested rings of galaxies to it.

So, it would be nice to get this number of fleets bug in XNova Redesigned fixed.

It has some other minor bugs we work-around that we wouldn't mind seeing fixed too, like when you scrap a level of a building it atually scraps two levels, leaving you at level -1 if you scrap an odd numbered level building (though actually sometimes it glitches if you queue up two scrappings, thus theoretically 4 levels, instead ending up scrapping only 3 levels getting you back onto even numbers of levels.)

We have not actually tested but maybe you could even take the level deeper into negatives than just level -1.

Another minor thing is when calculating how much goods to put on a fleet for shipping it divvies up the numbers wrong, even if you are only putting one type of cargo saying to fill the fleet sometimes comes up with some weird slightly-off number so hs to be manually adjusted to actually fit.

-MarkM-

Mihawk

Activity: 1150
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:15:11 PM

It's sincerely difficult to understand why people love to hide the truth or at least to speculate with possible truths. Devcoin is a good coin and that's all. Unfortunately it's not recognized yet.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 02:01:59 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2019, 02:16:39 AM by markm

It's sincerely difficult to understand why people love to hide the truth or at least to speculate with possible truths. Devcoin is a good coin and that's all. Unfortunately it's not recognized yet.

Its getting there. We now have trading pairs of DVC against almost everything else shown at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/ and any we haven't yet paired it with we are working on doing so.a

So set up a Stellar client and get in there! Smiley

Also though various DeVCoin-based Corps are on HORIZON, we don't plan to bother tokenising their shares over to Stellar so there is still good reason to stay with the HORIZON platform too.

There is a lot going on!

-MarkM-

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 05:46:57 PM

Its getting there. We now have trading pairs of DVC against almost everything else shown at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/ and any we haven't yet paired it with we are working on doing so.a

Also though various DeVCoin-based Corps are on HORIZON, we don't plan to bother tokenising their shares over to Stellar so there is still good reason to stay with the HORIZON platform too.

There is a lot going on!

-MarkM-

Thank you.

acoco

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:54:26 PM

There is a lot going on!

-MarkM-

Thank you.
DVC coin is so ancient coin of the period of the formation of Bitcoin, and it is not clear what hundred of coinmarketcap, as an investor, I would not risk investing in it
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 01:52:43 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 02:09:05 AM by markm

DVC coin is so ancient coin of the period of the formation of Bitcoin, and it is not clear what hundred of coinmarketcap, as an investor, I would not risk investing in it

Well maybe it is a little bit like FIAT currencies, at present, in the sense that maybe it is not so much something you want to "invest" in "holding" but, rather, something in which you want to increase your income?

That is to say, DeVCoin is still more of a coin in which people are paid than one which they hoard away in their mattress while it quietly gets more and more valuable while they do nothing with it.

There are still quite a few new DeVCoins being minted, so a given numer of them is a smaller and smaller percentage of all that exist. So to keep abreast of that "inflation" (of the coin supply) you ideally want to increase the number of them that you bring in per paycheque or income cycle, as it were.

The inflation is not large, as such things go, and it keeps getting smaller and smaller proportionately over time, but still if you just want to "store value" there are more-effective vehicles.

We are still in early days, as it were; building infrastructure, a DeVCoin economy.

Also it is arguable that the minting of new DeVCoins is not being spent as wisely as it could be, since apparently most of it gets spent on "articles" for the Devtome wiki that are arguably not very well chosen for their ability or even likelihood to bring in income.

It has been a long time since just having a whole lot of pages of related articles full of keywords would bring in "organic" web traffic from search engines and such; nowadays you need a lot of social media activity along with that and gosh knows what else to compete for traffic, plus the articles are not actually all that related necesarilly so I strongly suspect that hoping to get advertising revenue from them is a long-folorn hope, that what is really necessary is for the articles themselves to be in effect advertisements, ideally all the articles should explain our projects, increase our projects, make readers interested in our projects, show readers how to get involved in our projects, and maybe show readers how well participants in our projects are doing and how.

(Like maybe if more of the players who are doing well in the Galactic Milieu wrote about their success, and more new players just starting to dip their toes into the Milieu wrote useful articles about how they found their way in, how they set themselves up, tips and tricks for how they improved their lot in the game and suchlike...)

The Galactic Milieu is designed to involve its various coins into economies, in gaming we often refer to this as "gold sinks", over time more and more of the coins get "buried" deeper and deeper into the game, never again to get sold on the open market driving down coin prices as long as the game shall run. Ideally the game never ends and more and more coins get tied up into various game Corps, Nations, Civilisations, even into game real-estate.

Now of course "investing", where the Galactic Milieu is concerned, is something that should be thought about as a character within the game rather than as a player. As a player you might even in a sense be tempted to undermine the entire thing by trying to take value out of the game into realms the inhabitants of the game mostly do not believe in, such as the mythical "planet known as Earth".

Since DeVCoin is a currency within the game though, and its inflation rate even on the mythical planet known as Earth is constantly decreasing, it is still believable that someday the DeVCoins you accumulate within the game will someday be quite valuable here on Earth, perhaps especially in view of the fact that like other "alternate reality games" Earth does ultimately figure in the game despite most inhabitants of the game universe's disbelief that such a place as Earth actually exists.

So if you wish to think in terms of "investing", I suggest you think not in terms of "investing" directly into DeVCoins themselves but, rather, into endeavors that bring in an income measurable or even denominated in DeVCoins.

Take a look for example at the lists of DeVCoin-denominated shares mentioned on the menu / links-list at https://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html and the associated Company Assets Summary. There are Corps in the game whose shares characters can buy on the HORIZON platform that accumulate in value not necessarily directly by increasing the per coin value of coins but by accumulating larger and larger numbers of coins, so that even if coins go down in value the Corps can hope to keep up by increasing the number of coins in their inventories / treasuries / warchests / assets.

Take a look at the General Financial Corp thread in these forums for example, at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61557.0 to see how well that Corp has done over time, and consider how many DeVCoins your character could get nowadays by selling shares of GFC that it picked up way back in the beginning when it first sold shares at only 20 DeVCoins per share. (As I write, the Latest Rates file shows them to have been valued at sGFCrate=2911365.47530385 DeVCoins per share the last time the rates were figured out.)

That is way the heck more DeVCoins, for the entire million shares, than will exist for many many years yet of minting, heck maybe centuries (Earth time) of minting! So your characters would be way the heck better off having invested their DeVCoins into shares than they would be by simply burying the coins in their backyards or hiding them under a mattress.

Darn look at my word count, I should have made a Devtome article of this post. Smiley

-MarkM-

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:28:53 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2019, 06:39:07 AM by Traxo

Since DeVCoin is a currency within the game though, and its inflation rate even on the mythical planet known as Earth is constantly decreasing, it is still believable that someday the DeVCoins you accumulate within the game will someday be quite valuable here on Earth, perhaps especially in view of the fact that like other "alternate reality games" Earth does ultimately figure in the game despite most inhabitants of the game universe's disbelief that such a place as Earth actually exists.

Among the terms essential to understanding discussions about ARGs are:

Puppet-master – A puppet-master or "PM" is an individual involved in designing and/or running an ARG. Puppet-masters are simultaneously allies and adversaries to the player base, creating obstacles and providing resources for overcoming them in the course of telling the game's story. Puppet-masters generally remain behind the curtain while a game is running. The real identity of puppet masters may or may not be known ahead of time.

This Is Not A Game (TINAG) – Setting the ARG form apart from other games is the This Is Not A Game sentiment popularized by the players themselves. It is the belief that "one of the main goals of the ARG is to deny and disguise the fact that it is even a game at all."

Hmmm... Alright.

What is the current state with regards to rewards of the game? Rewards might be a problem for participants?
Also, without significant progress, "game" could make participants (even fans) angry and frustrated.  
Is it time for Puppet-masters to reveal more info maybe, or at least attract more characters ("detectives", players, actors etc.)? Not sure how it should play out at this point.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 12:55:22 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 03:05:23 AM by markm

What is the current state with regards to rewards of the game? Rewards might be a problem for participants?
Also, without significant progress, "game" could making participants (even fans) angry and frustrated.  
Is it time for Puppet-masters to reveal more info maybe, or at least attract more characters ("detectives", players, actors etc.)? Not sure how it should play out at this point.

There is nowadays only one free-as-in-beer interface whereby random folks on the internet can simply create a character and start accumulating loot, that is the so-called CrossCiv server.

There are also free "docudramas" too of course using the Battle for Wesnoth software, and it was hoped that that project was going to be adding a way to make interactive long-term worlds possible too by interfacing to databases but last time I checked that was not implemented, although in the Space Cadet and Time Cadet campaigns I tried to set up initial prep-work whereby someone could start a Space Cadet or Time Cadet of a given nationality (i.e. belonging to a particular FreeCiv civilisation within the Galactic Milieu) and have them ready in a holding pattern in a base of sorts awaiting a version of Battle for Wesnoth that would let us continue the campaign onward using the database interfaces that at one time were expected to eventually be forthcoming.

Because the planet known as Earth does not yet have Holobarracks, the initial training of holobarracks programmers on Earth is being done by using the Battle for Wesnoth software. Currently on this planet the software basically lets you create your storyboard for your docudrama and let students play out the dramas using the common two-dimensional displays common on this planet in this era, but obviously eventually the things will be played out in holobarracks type places like they are on more-advanced planets.

So you can use (free, open source) Battle for Wesnoth software to learn some things about the Galactic Milieu, using various campaigns created for that purpose. (And also maybe, in theory, to draw in players who might be interested in something more interactive than just re-playing historical dramas, something involving actually changing history rather than merely re-playing it.)

There is quite a bit of information on the Wiki of course, and maybe some of the players who have perused the various libraries and information buildings on the Galactic Diplomacy Planet will choose to give some hints or something from whst they have learned there. Or maybe they refer that you actually meet up with them on that planet (that is to say, within the CrossCiv server)?

Historically it seems cryptocoin "exchanges" do not like to release real production-ready code to free open source, so "guilds" and "clans" and "societies" and "associations" and such have proven quite important within the game since they allow the manual accounting clerk work of bailing coins into tokens and bailing out tokens to coins and suchlike to be delegated out to such groups, so I do not have to do all that clerk work for every Tom Dick and Harry but can instead tell them to ask their guild/clan/etc (group) officers about such things or look into creating a guild/clan/etc (group) of their own.

It is probably best to get established in the CrossCiv server while we are still able to leave that free to join, and make contacts there.

Of the Holodramas (Battle for Wesnoth campaigns) most are historical but the compendium campaign Between the Worlds provides some initial data toward the ideas of Space Cadets and Time Cadets and those campaigns of course are free to play too as they do not yet involve a server you can play them yourself on your own computer. Though it is hoped someday Battle for Wesnoth will add some method by means of which such campaigns can be integrated with a persistent-universe database.

-MarkM-

P.S. Mention of Battle for Wesnoth reminds me of more development stuff that is needed: Battle for Wesnoth "factions" corresponding to each of the "units" in FreeCiv (and specifically also of course the Galactic Ruleset for FreeCiv), things like Phalanx and Legion we probably already have, but as the tech gets more "modern" and into "futuristic" there is a lot less. Ultimately no matter what type of FreeCiv "unit" a character happens to be with we should have suitable Battle for Wesnoth units to be able to make a docudrama (Battle for Wesnoth scenario or campaign of scenarios) about them... and maybe eventually even to be able to resolve a "Temporal Nexus" involving different potential outcomes of a FreeCiv unit battle, so that a unit of Time Cadets could maybe actually split off an alternate timeline instead of merely re-enacting what historically already happened. (We save the savegames of the "turns" of the FreeCiv worlds in case timetravel is ever developed, so that if that happens Time Cadets could split off alternate timelines on the FreeCiv scale...)

wiked1

Activity: 417
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:40:25 AM

Any particular reason why Devcoin still uses Bitcoin legacy address format?How is it also possile to find the BTC genesis block address on the Devcoin explorer? https://node1.devcoin.cloud/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 10:51:27 AM

Any particular reason why Devcoin still uses Bitcoin legacy address format?How is it also possile to find the BTC genesis block address on the Devcoin explorer? https://node1.devcoin.cloud/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Devcoin developers need to code up the address format to follow the new bitcoin format, no other reason as far as i am aware of this not being done.

No it is not possible to find the btc genesis block on the devcoin blockchain. Devcoin has its own genesis block that can be found by searching the block explorer for block 0. this returns https://node1.devcoin.cloud/block/0000000062558fec003bcbf29e915cddfc34fa257dc87573f28e4520d1c7c11e which is the devcoin genesis block.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
wiked1

Activity: 417
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:57:50 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 11:32:22 AM by wiked1

Devcoin developers need to code up the address format to follow the new bitcoin format, no other reason as far as i am aware of this not being done.

No it is not possible to find the btc genesis block on the devcoin blockchain. Devcoin has its own genesis block that can be found by searching the block explorer for block 0. this returns https://node1.devcoin.cloud/block/0000000062558fec003bcbf29e915cddfc34fa257dc87573f28e4520d1c7c11e which is the devcoin genesis block.

Fuzzybear

Thank you for reply.

http://www.theopenledger.com/9-most-famous-bitcoin-addresses/

1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

The Genesis Address – the very first bitcoin address, which is home to the first bitcoin ever mined from the genesis block. It’s assumed to be controlled by Satoshi Nakamoto, although the btc has never moved. There is a technical issue that prevents the original 50 BTC from being transacted.

Total Received: 65.44021956 BTC

Current Balance:  65.44021956 BTC
Notable transactions: 50 BTC, the genesis of bitcoin, and then a steady stream of smaller amounts, some with public notes of gratitude to Satoshi.

Bitcoin address on Bitcoin explorer https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Same Bitcoin address on Devcoin explorer https://node1.devcoin.cloud/address/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 12:46:13 PM

Yes we did not realise at the time that Satoshi had set up genesis blocks to not be spendable, it seemed only right that he or she get to be the owner of the first block of each bitcoin-clone coin Smiley

Too bad it turned out a genesis block is not spendable. Sad

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: