Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:53:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 07:00:16 PM

Interstellar staff informed me with regards to DVC/XLM market not being found using "Market Search" feature:

The market spread for DVC is too high. And the  (XLM) volume traded so far has been very low.  
DVC/XLM didn't make it pass our market search results limit compared to other markets with tighter spreads, more recent trade frequency, and more recent trading volume.  
You can always link your users to the XLM/DVC market directly.

Here is a direct link to XLM/DVC market:  

https://interstellar.exchange/app/#/trade/guest/XLM/native/DVC/GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

And DVC/XLM:  

https://interstellar.exchange/app/#/trade/guest/DVC/GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5/XLM/native

I haven't traded there, but it appears to be working.  
If anyone has traded there I guess they can post some feedback here.

From my understanding of the above quote, perhaps we just need to find searchable pair with the least spread and/or volume, then somehow guesstimate how much volume and/or spread is needed for all the relevant pairs (listed at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/) to be listed in the Interstellar "Market Search" results. Note that pairs can be still found manually of course.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 07:03:50 PM

Yes we really need more activity on the Stellar platform.

Once upon a time Unthinkingbit even said twelve people could each get a "share" of DeVCoins for helping with this, but no one ever stepped up.

I do not know what you-all have against the Stellar platform?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Traxo

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 07:09:34 PM

I do not know what you-all have against the Stellar platform?

From my understanding of the community posts, I don't think anyone has anything against the Stellar platform per se, but rather nobody knows how to set one up, or use it, or were even unaware of such online clients.  
My prior message might be the first one in this thread with regards to a direct link to some type of Stellar client? Perhaps people are not willing to risk clicking on the search results thrown by search engines when they search for a Stellar client?  
Anyway, we'll see if the aforementioned interstellar client has UI intuitive enough for others to join and use it.

Probably if someone successfully executes a trade there should write a short "how-to" guide (about how they found relevant pair, executed an order, and "withdrew" the "real" assets) and post it here.
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 09:24:19 PM

Really tho?  Ever live in the east bloc?  Ever been to the hospitals and dentists here? 

Chicagoans are poor cause the idiots vote for the same leftists for decades.  And they’re lazy and refuse to take advantage of the opportunities sitting in their doorsteps.

And poor?  Pfft, forget welfare and housing assistance and all that, just foodstamps/WIC alone in the US is more than the Gross income for a full-time job in Romania.  And in Romania the food, fuel and energy cost more than in the US.  Go to all the democrat liberal ran ghettos in Chicago and you won’t find any shortage of obese “poor”. 

You guys have no idea what poor is - you have no idea what it feels like to be trapped in a country with no hope of a future or opportunities for you or your children. 

Now get off your Western pity pot and man up, son, cause I’m gonna accelerate the programme. 

Found your Yobit solution. You want your IX-fix maybe tell them to stop using your own repository

https://github.com/vladroberto/IXCoin/releases

From the many one, from one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 09:40:54 PM

My Windows wallet 0.8.5.1 (beta one from devcoin.org) keeps getting stuck at the same block when I try synching (around the time 0.8.6.0) came out for Linux and what not. Just wanted to mention that. I've got it all backed up and I actually think maybe since deveCuy mentioned to mine "1 block only" that this is something I'd have expected so no worries. (just don't forgot your windows friends when you got the time =) ). Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback realdantreccia! Regarding the Windows wallet, @K1773R has a working bundle AFAIK. Btw, people with skills to compile Devcoin on Windows and OSX are welcome to jump in to help and earn a share of the 10M Bounty: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/77

- develCuy

I downloaded receivers 96-99 and then it seemingly updated just fine to the present. I will look into that Windows compilation - also not sure where @K1773R is but last time I read that name was when a russian language client called bitcoin-0.3.24-beta or something was a BTC wallet that accepted devcoins. =P

Again, over my head.

kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 10:30:40 PM

I am getting error "failed to find/connect to best block"

What is the meaning please?
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 11:25:06 PM

Please elaborate a bit more, like: Devcoin version, operating system (and version), are you mining? etc.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 12:34:53 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 04:29:26 AM by realdantreccia

Interstellar staff informed me with regards to DVC/XLM market not being found using "Market Search" feature:

The market spread for DVC is too high. And the  (XLM) volume traded so far has been very low.  
DVC/XLM didn't make it pass our market search results limit compared to other markets with tighter spreads, more recent trade frequency, and more recent trading volume.  
You can always link your users to the XLM/DVC market directly.

Here is a direct link to XLM/DVC market:  

https://interstellar.exchange/app/#/trade/guest/XLM/native/DVC/GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5

And DVC/XLM:  

https://interstellar.exchange/app/#/trade/guest/DVC/GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5/XLM/native

I haven't traded there, but it appears to be working.  
If anyone has traded there I guess they can post some feedback here.

From my understanding of the above quote, perhaps we just need to find searchable pair with the least spread and/or volume, then somehow guesstimate how much volume and/or spread is needed for all the relevant pairs (listed at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/) to be listed in the Interstellar "Market Search" results. Note that pairs can be still found manually of course.

I am so lost.  I tinkered around with it knowing I need to send some XLM to the wallet to get the "tokens" of DVC. The rates are very good for arbitage mark, so thank you. But if I was to go through and put some XLM in create a trustline so I could trade Stellar token DVC, how do I know you would send me the coins you have in cold storage when I want to take control of them myself? Smiley

Just want to know the process a little clearer. I feel like I could get the DVC to a stellar address, but unlike Bitcoin, the exchange from Traxo doesn't provide a "Devcoin address" (as it does for Bitcoin's using a 3- script address) to send Devcoin's directly to. So by that I'm wondering if you'd honor the arbitage the tokens provide on XLM trading platform by sending me part of your 210,000 or however many DVC you hold in return.  Coincidence there are only 200,000 DVC to buy on the exchange Traxo provided the direct link to? Smiley

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 04:25:41 AM

I got that on Windows. I had to right click within the folder my wallet is in, run Powershell, then start the client with the -reindex command-line option in Powershell. I had a backup of my wallet beforehand.

That got my wallet reindexing the chain but then it stalled at a block it had before. I noticed I didn't have the receiver files from 96 to 99 (most recent) so I copied them from one of the seeds and put them in my roaming>devcoin folder with the rest of my receiver files.  My wallet is Windows 32-bit 0.8.5.1 (a beta version it says).  The 2014 update was the last for Windows, unless you know how to compile the new one. But this one works for now. Got it from devcoin.org.

Hope that helps you.

Traxo

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 08:15:50 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 08:37:38 AM by Traxo
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (17)

"tokens" of DVC.
[Interstellar] exchange doesn't provide a "Devcoin address"

Yeah this is what markm also refers to as dDVC / digi-DeVCoins / tokens-representing-DeVCoins. So tokens just represent coins. Tokens are backed by coins which are in the cold-storage you mentioned. If you own tokens, you do not own coins. There are no "automatic" processes which convert to tokens into coins and vice-versa as far as I'm aware.

how do I know [markm] would send me the coins [he has] in cold storage when I want to take control of them myself?

From my understanding cold-storage coins are relatively hard to get out. Markm might be willing to cash you out to coins, tho you would not receive them from that cold-storage - the reason being probably because tokens can't be "burned", and since tokens must represent cold-storage coins, they must remain at 1:1 ratio.

Coincidence there are only 200,000 DVC to buy on [Interstellar] exchange?

Hmm, should there not be overall more than 200million tokens issued? I only provided link to one pair, but you can click on the other link I provided which lists all the relevant assets that I presume can be manually "discovered" on that exchange, so happy hunting if you have time, lol.  
If/when we get the higher-volume/lower-spread (on each pair?) then we might be able to find those pairs via "Market Search" feature.

But yeah anyway, there is no "automatic" process to convert your tokens into coins. Someone must be willing to do a trade with you, I presume markm already has coins available for such trades (not cold-storage ones tho).
Perhaps he can clear it more up if was incorrect about anything.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 09:54:40 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 10:11:43 AM by markm

I did not make tokens representing ALL my DeVCoins, largely BECAUSE that would eventually lead to problems/awkwardness with cold storage.

What I always tried to do right from the start of the Digitalis Open Transactions Server was to "logically divide" custody/storage from the bailing-in / bailing-out process.

So that it can be thought of and treated as two separate things.

First there is the storage/custody entity, it issues tokens representing coins that it has stored away.

Secondly there are bailing-in / bailing-out entitities, they buy and sell those tokens.

That is basically how e-gold was set up: you did not send in gold nor get sent gold by e-gold.

There were intermediaries, supposedly they could ship kilograms of gold to e-gold and get kilograms of gold shipped to them, but actually in e-gold's case the gold itself was not really the point, the layer of intermediaries ordinary folks worked with were ones that sold e-gold (tokens, basically) for fiat and bought e-gold for fiat.

In our case those would be intermediaries that buy dDVC (digiDeVCoins, tokens) for actual on-blockchain DVC and sell dDVC for actual on-blockchain DeVCoins.

Normally in Stellar and Ripple and such, they make a website that actually creates new tokens when it thinks has received actual on-blockchain coins, and accepts tokens, basically deleting them, to send out on-blockchain coins.

That means it works with hot wallets, and issues tokens that represent coins it thinks it received into a hot wallet.

I never wanted to have to get that risky.

So I took only half of the coins I had on hand to issue tokens for.

That way the other half of my coins is left free for use by the bailing-in / bailing-out type of entity; it uses those coins, not the ones cold-stored somewhere to be represented as tokens, to do the cashing-in / cashing-out job.

This means you cannot simply send me a billion on-blockchain DeVCoins in return for a billion dDVC tokens unless I actually already have on hand a billion such tokens, meaning that I already have a billion actual DeVCoins in cold storage.

That is a limitation of my approach. Before I can be ready to give you tokens for actual coins, I have to already have that many coins, and have represented them with tokens. *

So there is a kind of "transaction bandwidth" limitation imposed by this way of doing things; it is a trade-off that allows the tokens we are trading to be representing older coins, coins that are already in storage; it allows us to take a long long time about making sure we really do have the coins, that it is way way too late for anyone to try to change blockchain history to un-do the fact that we really do have those coins. **

It also "ties up" coins. Once we tokenise coins, they are not about to show up for sale anywhere until we shut down operations thus no longer need any tokens representing those coins.

So basically I should never need to break coins out of cold storage to cash your tokens back to on-blockchain coins.

It is a kind of 200%-reserve system. I should be able to cash out all the tokens using the other half of my coins.

The coins represented by the tokens should be able to be buried in the Fortress of Solitude "forever", no need to dig them up.

You can see on the blockchain explorer that I have something over 500 million DeVCoins in my Devtome-listed address.

There should be less than 250 million dDVC tokens issued so far in total across all platforms. I am pretty sure that is the case.

To help keep track I plan to get the totals to be on the HORIZON platform by putting into a "Stellar Holdings" account on HORIZON tokens representing coins issued onto the Stellar platform so that I can just look at that Stellar Holdings account on HORIZON to know how many of what has been issued onto the Stellar platform. Right now for some things I have to look at both HORIZON and STELLAR issuances to add up how much of each thing I have issued, consolidating it this way will mean I can know how much of each was issued just by looking at HORIZON, with the Stellar Holdings account on HORIZON showing me how much was issued onto the Stellar platform.

Just like how you could buy e-gold from various dealers and sell your e-gold for fiat to various dealers, there is room in this system for third party dealers to do the bailing-in / bailing-out function of selling you tokens for coins and accepting coins for tokens. Hopefully some of them will even set up automated websites to do that. Such websites would of course only sell you tokens they actually have on hand, just like they would only send you fiat that they actually have on hand if buying with fiat.

* : Hence no KED tokens yet. I first need to acquire some KED so I can issue tokens representing half of those that I acquire. Smiley

** : This is particularly important for coins that are Proof-of-Work yet have hardly any hashpower actually mining them from time to time. It is what allows us to trade coins whose blockchains are not what one might call "extremely secure". Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 12:08:01 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 12:33:42 PM by develCuy

I got that on Windows. I had to right click within the folder my wallet is in, run Powershell, then start the client with the -reindex command-line option in Powershell. I had a backup of my wallet beforehand.

That got my wallet reindexing the chain but then it stalled at a block it had before. I noticed I didn't have the receiver files from 96 to 99 (most recent) so I copied them from one of the seeds and put them in my roaming>devcoin folder with the rest of my receiver files.  My wallet is Windows 32-bit 0.8.5.1 (a beta version it says).  The 2014 update was the last for Windows, unless you know how to compile the new one. But this one works for now. Got it from devcoin.org.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks for the details. All file custodians are now synced! Let's try to sync your node with them:
1. Close any running devcoin node or desktop client.
2. Navigate to your roaming>devcoin>receiver folder
3. Delete all receiver_??.csv files (basically get the receiver folder empty)
4. Download this file to your roaming>devcoin>receiver folder https://raw.githubusercontent.com/devcoin/receivers/master/receiver_0.csv
5. Start your node like this: $ devcoind -reindex
6. Wait about ~10 minutes
7. Watch roaming>devcoin>receiver, do you see new files being created progressively?

If the answer to the last step is YES, then let it finish till you get the file receiver_99.csv, then you can run "devcoind stop" in another powershell in order to shutdown your node smoothly.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 01:45:02 PM

"tokens" of DVC.
[Interstellar] exchange doesn't provide a "Devcoin address"

Yeah this is what markm also refers to as dDVC / digi-DeVCoins / tokens-representing-DeVCoins. So tokens just represent coins. Tokens are backed by coins which are in the cold-storage you mentioned. If you own tokens, you do not own coins. There are no "automatic" processes which convert to tokens into coins and vice-versa as far as I'm aware.

how do I know [markm] would send me the coins [he has] in cold storage when I want to take control of them myself?

From my understanding cold-storage coins are relatively hard to get out. Markm might be willing to cash you out to coins, tho you would not receive them from that cold-storage - the reason being probably because tokens can't be "burned", and since tokens must represent cold-storage coins, they must remain at 1:1 ratio.

Coincidence there are only 200,000 DVC to buy on [Interstellar] exchange?

Hmm, should there not be overall more than 200million tokens issued? I only provided link to one pair, but you can click on the other link I provided which lists all the relevant assets that I presume can be manually "discovered" on that exchange, so happy hunting if you have time, lol.  
If/when we get the higher-volume/lower-spread (on each pair?) then we might be able to find those pairs via "Market Search" feature.

But yeah anyway, there is no "automatic" process to convert your tokens into coins. Someone must be willing to do a trade with you, I presume markm already has coins available for such trades (not cold-storage ones tho).
Perhaps he can clear it more up if was incorrect about anything.

Thanks for explaining the process to me clearer.  The value is certainly a bargain if the dDVC go 1:1 with DVC - so I can understand why its a two-step process as opposed to normal where I have full control of the process to get my coins out of the exchange (so long as the exchange is responsive - so far FreiExchange always sends them to my PC wallet if I remind them I withdrew them myself -- must be a thing about following through when it comes to some of these older coins getting out to the control of oneself. I prefer to hold mine so I can backup myself and store the backup in an offline device.

MarkM, reading your post now. Thanks for the quick response as well.

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 02:03:08 PM

That got my wallet reindexing the chain but then it stalled at a block it had before. I noticed I didn't have the receiver files from 96 to 99 (most recent) so I copied them from one of the seeds and put them in my roaming>devcoin folder with the rest of my receiver files.  My wallet is Windows 32-bit 0.8.5.1 (a beta version it says).  The 2014 update was the last for Windows, unless you know how to compile the new one. But this one works for now. Got it from devcoin.org.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks for the details. All file custodians are now synced! Let's try to sync your node with them:
1. Close any running devcoin node or desktop client.
2. Navigate to your roaming>devcoin>receiver folder
3. Delete all receiver_??.csv files (basically get the receiver folder empty)
4. Download this file to your roaming>devcoin>receiver folder https://raw.githubusercontent.com/devcoin/receivers/master/receiver_0.csv
5. Start your node like this: $ devcoind -reindex
6. Wait about ~10 minutes
7. Watch roaming>devcoin>receiver, do you see new files being created progressively?

If the answer to the last step is YES, then let it finish till you get the file receiver_99.csv, then you can run "devcoind stop" in another powershell in order to shutdown your node smoothly.

- develCuy

Apologies if using powershell wasn't the right way to go at first - its just all I could find after PM you. I know you're busy =P

kickback

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 02:53:12 PM

That got my wallet reindexing the chain but then it stalled at a block it had before. I noticed I didn't have the receiver files from 96 to 99 (most recent) so I copied them from one of the seeds and put them in my roaming>devcoin folder with the rest of my receiver files.  My wallet is Windows 32-bit 0.8.5.1 (a beta version it says).  The 2014 update was the last for Windows, unless you know how to compile the new one. But this one works for now. Got it from devcoin.org.

Hope that helps you.

Thank you.Devcoin-1.0.16-w32 running on windows 10 professional.It worked up until now but after october 31 it is having this issue "failed to connect to best block"

In appdata/debug it show "Warning, no coin lists were found for the file: receiver.csv" and "ERROR: ConnectBlock() : Share to beneficiary is insufficient
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 02:54:13 PM

I can confirm that starting from block 396000 (round 99) onward, there are only 2500 new coins being generated, and they are being paid enterily to miners. Also, none of my wallets are downloading the receiver_99.csv file, yet they are still downloading blocks.

My guess is that miners are generating blocks while ignoring the latest receiver file, which should never happen. This might be due to a bug or a network attack. We should first discard the bug. Which is not an easy task because there are different versions of devcoin running the network, we should analyze each of them individually.

- develCuy

Now we have the issue reported in the issue queue https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

So far we know that round 99 started at block 396000 on 2019-10-26 11:07:49 UTC, and that at least 4 of the 7 file custodian mirrors where well setup by  2019-10-23 17:04:45 UTC or 2 days and 18 hours in advance to round 99. Yet, we should investigate further to determine if that was enough time in advance and if not having the next receiver file prior to generating block 396000 makes the nodes to halve miners rewards and not paying shares, as proposed by Markm.

- develCuy

After studying the source code a bit more, I'm more convinced that we neither have a bug or a network attack, instead we have the miner nodes doing what they are programmed to do as Mark already said. Why are they generating only 2500 DVC per block? Because miner nodes are unable to validate that the 50% + 1 of file custodians have their mirror of receiver_99.csv in sync. For that reason they aren't downloading that file, rather they apply a programmed "fallback reduction" that lowers the rewards to 2500 DVC.

There is an assumption that we had to have the file custodians in sync 2 weeks in advance to the new round, but I can't confirm it yet. So far I read in the source code that miner nodes keep trying to download the next receiver file before, during and after discovering a new block and regular nodes do it when syncing the blockchain with the network.

Long history short, we currently have a contradiction, because the file custodians doesn't seem to be hosting the exactly same copy (bit by bit) of receiver_99.csv. At least, that is what the nodes "can say". But when I compare the files, they are exactly the same. Another option is that somehow the nodes aren't able to download all copies of the receiver file, they might be getting a truncated file or even empty. This idea is reinforced by the fact we had 3 file custodians outdated or with their server offline, the remaining 4 should be enough but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I keep debugging the source code for finding a solution. All help is welcome! We have an open issue here https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

- develCuy

I have finally figured out what is happening and I'm working on a fix. We had a mixture of situations:

1. Two custodians have their servers not working properly, they tend to go offline for different issues with their infrastructure
2. Ctya's server was shutdown in the middle of round 98, rather than at the end, not allowing Traxo to take over smoothly
3. Another custodian has enforced HTTPS connections but most of the miners nodes don't support it
4. The custodians not were in sync early enough for round 99

For the reasons above, we had 4 of the 7 mirrors "out of sync" for the standard of Devcoin blockchain, that leaves only 3 working mirrors when we need at least 4, the nodes are then rejecting the receiver files. The consequence of is that miners apply a penalty know as "fallback reduction", as an incentive for solving the issue with file custodians.

Hopefully, we can finally fix this situation, but it requires consensus from all the file custodians and perhaps adding a couple mirrors as I anticipated since previous rounds. My proposal is to implement one or two automated receiver files mirrors, so that we can lower the chance for this situation to happen again. Also, we have to be more strict with file custodians, if they are unreliable, we can't hold them for a single round more, and that is what I'm going to do from now on. Along releasing the receiver file earlier, we should define a safe deadline soon.

People interested on the technical details of what originated this situation please check the issue queue: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

Last but not least, the latest version of Devcoin supports HTTPS, but it looks like the majority of miners never managed to update their nodes. I don't blame them because we never released any official stable version for a long time. So we should do it now!

Let's clean up all the mess!

- develCuy

QUICK UPDATE

We are very close to have round 99 fixed. If some miner is interested on collaborate, please try the new prerelease version of Devcoin 0.8.6.0 from the official repository: https://github.com/devcoin/core

I recommend you to follow Qtera's instructions:

https://steemit.com/busy/@cpol/how-to-compile-your-very-own-devcoin-wallet-in-ubuntu-18-04

AND use the following command to download the source code:

$ git clone --branch 0.8.6.0 https://github.com/devcoin/core

FINALLY, don't use it with your current wallet, please create a new separate wallet for your trial.

WARNING: Please mine ONE and only ONE block, then shutdown your node and report your findings here.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Did everything as you said here in Windows sub-system with "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" -- no luck. Was missing files even though the instructions I followed to a T a few times in a try-fail-erase-repeat experience that took me about 3 hours last night.

So obviously somethings broken. Great version control.  I don't mind waiting. I read your Steemit articles -- the Lean release process is fine by me. As are Mark's recently discussed long term viewpoint when it comes to "arbitagers" and "market makers"

Thanks for all the help I know you all are working hard on this. That's why I keep coming back here to report my trials and errors. Like you said on Steemit, develCuy, you want the public involved in the process. I am aware of the role playing or MMORPG/whatever aspects to what is said around here. Even that helps me realize computing problems in a theatrical sense.  Like say, MarkM not getting his Axiom coins from Yobit but admitting a third chain may have existed unknown to him when he made AXON after AXIOM stranded some of the Milieu on Yobit's chain fork.  Or like Vlad being bipolar crazy in his antics, severe DSM-IV like paranoia over Yobit and his IXC taking 6 month's to withdraw/yet MarkM having market maker posts about IXcoin recently on Yobit.  I myself cannot even deposit IXC directly to Yobit, but I can do whatever I want with my Axiom.  What does all of this mean to me? You guys already know - I'm just letting everyone here know I give feedback as my part of the "real human element" in the role playing game/fake-chain/game currency/multi world/process that is making one hell of a technological and humanitarian financial-like/gaming product that I absolutely value for more than its "value based fiat" (fiat being a government order not necessarily tied to money - thus it defies fiat, even if not money, and is liberation for the masses that works better than other institutional transfer of information that is valued.  If also, as nova said, it is like money in some aspects - yes markm was right even if he couldn't buy a pizza with BTC as your story from the past reveals. Lastly, develCuy said on Steemit (I believe) that the intrinsic value is not the president on the bill, but the clerk who accepts your fiat money as payment.  Maybe that's needed for something like STEEM and SBD, but all DevSTEEM needs to accomplish is the automatic and reliably quick use and conversion ability of DVC via an app or something in the future to join the rest of the cryptocurrency world in these type of traditional intrinsic value giving transactions.  Because, this is still a simulated test, or a lean process, version control - whatever you all are doing - I see it, and I don't see it out of arrogance or for any other reason than I care.  Besides Vlad crossing my personal lines on Telegram by talking about my personal information he somehow harvested both on and off social media - I can handle the monkeying around because it reveals a simulated personal experience that helps me understand the concept of a network or a system that I may not have the education to understand in technology. Keep up the good work - there is light and so much more than a fiat based currency value of these coins. In fact, I'm glad for the opportunity to snap up coins cheap because they are being manually controlled instead of part of a fully automated type book/machinated market making like environment on exchanges. Markm's posts this week helped me understand how the books are played for the ancient coins, and although he does build both sides of the book admittedly, there's arbitage in the fact that a coin right now that I can afford is not tied to $ in any type of fiat that would in all likelihood be on an exchange where I could not realistically "beat the machine" in trading for profit.  In the future it'll pay off to have that buffered space, delayed fork space, fake-chain space/lean process for long term value in ways I appreciate, somewhat grasp, and probably don't even realize.

Please keep the good info flowing. Someone's listening from the "real world" of the mass public.  I appreciate the game because of the time involved in the effort on the developer side to pull it off so exquisitely. A secure chain is my only interest besides dev time spent on the project and seemingly they go hand in hand. It's a long term view - just like the original AXIOM "AxiomCryptocurrency" account described before it vanished in 2015 - they still have a say in full control over many coins involved in the Galactic Milieu, STELLAR/HORIZON listings, etc.  Maybe one day the action potentials sent out via the neurological fibers, axom's if you will, that began at the source, collective minded people who founded this project will eventually "make you realize" you're part of the founding project, one of 12 "shares" of DeVCoin even that came from one place and found its way back to the other end.

Go team DevSTEEM.

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 02:56:10 PM

Hope that helps you.

Thank you.Devcoin-1.0.16-w32 running on windows 10 professional.It worked up until now but after october 31 it is having this issue "failed to connect to best block"

In appdata/debug it show "Warning, no coin lists were found for the file: receiver.csv" and "ERROR: ConnectBlock() : Share to beneficiary is insufficient

If you tried my way, did you start fresh with develCuy's? He would know better than I.

I'm not an actual dev, just a user that found a way to make the same software work.  I had that problem but it was stuck on October 25. Maybe a regional based problem too based on your timezone. These are all networks after all that have open doors in some places and obstacles to overcome in communicating/info getting through from other places.

kickback

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 02:58:31 PM

Please elaborate a bit more, like: Devcoin version, operating system (and version), are you mining? etc.

- develCuy

Hello,I am not mining only syncing my wallet regularly as average user but this is not reliable with these issues for average user non technical people I think.

kickback

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 03:01:16 PM

If you tried my way, did you start fresh with develCuy's? He would know better than I.

I'm not an actual dev, just a user that found a way to make the same software work.  I had that problem but it was stuck on October 25. Maybe a regional based problem too based on your timezone. These are all networks after all that have open doors in some places and obstacles to overcome in communicating/info getting through from other places.

I think I will wait and see if he has simple solution as I am not very technical person.Glad to hear you are up running.I have this problem before and it just start working after a few days without doing anything but this time it will not fix itself.Thanks
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 03:39:51 PM

I think I will wait and see if he has simple solution as I am not very technical person.Glad to hear you are up running.I have this problem before and it just start working after a few days without doing anything but this time it will not fix itself.Thanks

What truly worked for me was downloading the receiver files and making sure they were copied over to my roaming>devcoin>receivers folder (I was missing 96-99 so I just copied those over after seeing that my 95 was the same as the one I downloaded from the seed at http://devcoin.darkgamex.ch/

Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: