Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2020, 02:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.20.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1050077 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
realdantreccia

Activity: 366
Merit: 196

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 05:26:06 PM

Ignorance values - stay tuned.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
DVC: 1EP4QqKq42kpfuZB3XQSyscrWNYRt158Et

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 09:36:24 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (2), Traxo (1)

Hi, DVC admins! I want to start off by apologizing for my absence. Over the past couple years I've gone through major life changes and my health has deteriorated significantly. Mixed with DVC as a whole having been a bit stagnant at the time, I continued what I could but didn't really see much going on regarding my jobs (Inspector Factotum, for example, I had been doing, but there wasn't a lot of writing). I want to say that I appreciate you all keeping the project alive and rebooting what we all spent so much time and effort on in the past!

I'm finally getting to a point where my health is at least normalized (though still fairly bad), but I would be happy to rejoin as an administrator in the future when I'm to a point where I feel my contributions would warrant holding a position.

Thank you all again!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1327

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2020, 09:58:10 PM

Ignorance values - stay tuned.

Soon? 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2020, 11:08:54 PM

Hi, DVC admins! I want to start off by apologizing for my absence. Over the past couple years I've gone through major life changes and my health has deteriorated significantly. Mixed with DVC as a whole having been a bit stagnant at the time, I continued what I could but didn't really see much going on regarding my jobs (Inspector Factotum, for example, I had been doing, but there wasn't a lot of writing). I want to say that I appreciate you all keeping the project alive and rebooting what we all spent so much time and effort on in the past!

I'm finally getting to a point where my health is at least normalized (though still fairly bad), but I would be happy to rejoin as an administrator in the future when I'm to a point where I feel my contributions would warrant holding a position.

Thank you all again!

Nice to hear that things are turning around for you, ranlo. Your input will always be welcome when you feel ready.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
realdantreccia

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 04:01:20 AM

Thank you all again!

I almost died from health issues 3 years ago. Your contributions are always appreciated. Welcome back.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1327

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 07:52:04 AM

Thank you all again!

I almost died from health issues 3 years ago. Your contributions are always appreciated. Welcome back.

Why don’t you go write a book about it or something?   Grin

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
develCuy

Activity: 415
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 05:04:44 PM

Hey everybody,

I have to inform that round 102 started with the already known fallback reduction, which happens when file custodians aren't in sync. This time we have learned something knew, as soon as the custodians are in sync, the network goes back to normal, producing 50k new Devcoins per block. The fallback reduction started on block 408000 and stopped on block 408322, so we have 322 blocks with the penalty.

What was the cause?

In the first place I found that one custodian synced too late, again. For the safety of the network, we need a new file custodian to take over. In the second place, two file custodians were affected by a miss-configuration in the DNS, which forced redirection to HTTPS, this is a known bug that has been fixed already and is included in the latest release of Devcoin core. It is very well known that the world is deprecating HTTP, so we are now forced to upgrade our nodes to the latest release, or at least patch them with the HTTPS fix. More info here: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/77 At the time of writting, 20% of the network is running Devcoin 0.8.6

Let's make round 103 pass smooth!

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

develCuy's posts at steemitDevcoin on Telegram  |  Devcoin - from the many, one. From one, the source
Traxo

Activity: 518
Merit: 434

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 10:06:34 PM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (33), realdantreccia (16)

Happy birthday, Vitalik MarkM! =)

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 02:28:00 AM

Hey everybody,

I have to inform that round 102 started with the already known fallback reduction, which happens when file custodians aren't in sync. This time we have learned something knew, as soon as the custodians are in sync, the network goes back to normal, producing 50k new Devcoins per block. The fallback reduction started on block 408000 and stopped on block 408322, so we have 322 blocks with the penalty.

What was the cause?

In the first place I found that one custodian synced too late, again. For the safety of the network, we need a new file custodian to take over. In the second place, two file custodians were affected by a miss-configuration in the DNS, which forced redirection to HTTPS, this is a known bug that has been fixed already and is included in the latest release of Devcoin core. It is very well known that the world is deprecating HTTP, so we are now forced to upgrade our nodes to the latest release, or at least patch them with the HTTPS fix. More info here: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/77 At the time of writting, 20% of the network is running Devcoin 0.8.6

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

If I can get pings each month for the new files I can ensure that they're uploaded to my mirror within 24h of a PM going forward (usually much faster, within minutes, but just in case I'm asleep and have to take off immediately after I wake up or whatever).
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2020, 10:46:23 AM

Hey everybody,

What was the cause?

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Had a PM basically blaming me for this and asking me to step down my role as custodian so I may be kicked from the community... been a fun and enjoyable 8 years and sorry to see it end like this for a file that took me just over a week to upload. If it that crucial then need MORE custodians to help not less. some very backwards thinking going on and I can suddenly see why ctya was having issues. I will stop everything immediately if I do leave as there is no point when the fun has stopped.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 02:15:56 AM

Hey everybody,

What was the cause?

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Had a PM basically blaming me for this and asking me to step down my role as custodian so I may be kicked from the community... been a fun and enjoyable 8 years and sorry to see it end like this for a file that took me just over a week to upload. If it that crucial then need MORE custodians to help not less. some very backwards thinking going on and I can suddenly see why ctya was having issues. I will stop everything immediately if I do leave as there is no point when the fun has stopped.

Fuzzybear

I missed this event but I really hope this isn't the case. You've been a major part of DVC for a long time while we worked together. I believe I was also removed as file custodian but I had stopped uploading files when I stopped getting messages, Sad.
realdantreccia

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 02:24:50 AM

Hey everybody,

What was the cause?

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

Unless anything comes from this account on here it is not from me. =P

Just making that clear. Also FuzzyBear, I support you. Your efforts are very appreciated here Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
realdantreccia

View Profile
February 15, 2020, 02:31:37 AM
Merited by hornetsnest (10)

Thank you all again!

Why don’t you go write a book about it or something?   Grin

I did. And those methods cured me. Maybe 1 day people will shine a light on me and the world of people that need something to battle that disease will stumble upon my book. I'd make it free to use if possible at a later date. I lost the copy of the one I submitted to Amazon. Perhaps I'll just change that price to zero when I find my amazon password for that account...

Earn Devcoins by Writing
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 02:27:44 PM

Fuzzybear
That's ludicrous but sums up 'community' progress.
Cheers for the efforts Fuzzy, and for sticking with it way longer than I had patience for.
realdantreccia

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 06:43:57 PM

You have my permission as Caesar by Latin rite to make DeVCoin go to the moon.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Traxo

Activity: 518
Merit: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 06:47:39 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (5)

You have my permission as Caesar by Latin rite to make DeVCoin go to the moon.

Ave Dan!
Ex luna scientia.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 09:47:49 PM

Fuzzybear
That's ludicrous but sums up 'community' progress.
Cheers for the efforts Fuzzy, and for sticking with it way longer than I had patience for.

Yeah, I'll be honest, with everything I had going on during the reviving process I just couldn't balance it. My life was going up and down ridiculously like a roller coaster and I wasn't able to properly commit to what needed to be done as part of the administration team. I partially hold myself responsible for not being there when everything was being organized because I could have possibly made a difference. That said, I am following the current progress and am hopeful to see what we spent so much time and effort on come back to life in a new and improved way.
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 12:36:57 AM

I am following the current progress and am hopeful to see what we spent so much time and effort on come back to life in a new and improved way.

Not sure if you have heard that Justin Sun of TRON fame has purchased Steemit Inc., their web portal and stake (21%-ish). This could make things interesting with #DevSTEEM.

Here's a link to his introduction posting:

https://steemit.com/steem/@justinsunsteemit/excited-about-tron-and-steem-steemit-collaboration

Glad things have settled down for you, ranlo.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 05:40:13 PM

Yeah, I'll be honest, with everything I had going on during the reviving process I just couldn't balance it. My life was going up and down ridiculously like a roller coaster and I wasn't able to properly commit to what needed to be done as part of the administration team. I partially hold myself responsible for not being there when everything was being organized because I could have possibly made a difference. That said, I am following the current progress and am hopeful to see what we spent so much time and effort on come back to life in a new and improved way.
That wasn't directed at you, and you shouldn't hold yourself responsible at all.
Sorry to hear things have been tough. Take care
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 11:23:58 PM

I am following the current progress and am hopeful to see what we spent so much time and effort on come back to life in a new and improved way.

Not sure if you have heard that Justin Sun of TRON fame has purchased Steemit Inc., their web portal and stake (21%-ish). This could make things interesting with #DevSTEEM.

Here's a link to his introduction posting:

https://steemit.com/steem/@justinsunsteemit/excited-about-tron-and-steem-steemit-collaboration

Glad things have settled down for you, ranlo.

- Nova

Thanks!

That wasn't directed at you, and you shouldn't hold yourself responsible at all.
Sorry to hear things have been tough. Take care

Maybe not directly but had I been around more I probably could have helped get things back on track. And thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  

Jump to: