Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058397 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2020, 09:21:08 PM

Watching the Justin Sun/Steemit saga in the past few days has made me wonder if its really the value of devcoins that Justin Sun is trying to badger into to be able to acquire Devcoins.

Links for the noobs?  Thanks. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 03:02:43 AM

Watching the Justin Sun/Steemit saga in the past few days has made me wonder if its really the value of devcoins that Justin Sun is trying to badger into to be able to acquire Devcoins.

https://steemit.com/@novacadian

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2020, 09:56:20 AM

- Nova

@Nova: I think they were after a more direct link to the info about "Justin Sun/Steemit saga" rather than a link to steemit itself.

Basically the guy who owns TRON has his eyes on steemit

https://dailyhodl.com/2020/02/14/justin-sun-announces-new-tron-and-steemit-partnership-in-push-for-decentralized-social-networking/

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 09:56:31 AM

- Nova

What positive effect would this have on Devcoin?
novacadian

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 02:45:45 PM

- Nova

@Nova: I think they were after a more direct link to the info about "Justin Sun/Steemit saga" rather than a link to steemit itself.

Basically the guy who owns TRON has his eyes on steemit

https://dailyhodl.com/2020/02/14/justin-sun-announces-new-tron-and-steemit-partnership-in-push-for-decentralized-social-networking/

Fuzzybear

That was a link to my blog which has re-steemed a number of posts surrounding the saga.

- Nova

novacadian

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2020, 02:48:41 PM

- Nova

Sorry. A bad attempt at sarcasm.  Cool

- Nova

kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 09:49:10 AM

Links for the noobs?  Thanks.  

- Nova

Sorry. A bad attempt at sarcasm.  Cool

- Nova

How was I being sarcastic? Can you elaborate please? I only wanted to know what, if any positive impact this Justin Tron saga would have for Devcoin.

Regards

~kickback
novacadian

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2020, 01:57:04 AM

Links for the noobs?  Thanks.  

- Nova

Sorry. A bad attempt at sarcasm.  Cool

- Nova

How was I being sarcastic? Can you elaborate please? I only wanted to know what, if any positive impact this Justin Tron saga would have for Devcoin.

Regards

~kickback

My reference was to my attempt at sarcasm.  Cool

novacadian

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2020, 07:01:49 PM

This is to announce my resignation from the DevCoin Project. The primary reason for this decision is because of my strong and vocal disagreement in the handling of the recent STEEM fork and my account's power down on both the STEEM and HIVE blockchains. My main focus with the DevCoin Project, of late, has been with #DevSTEEM so my position on the fork would not reflect well on DevCoin.

It has been my pleasure to have worked with you all over the years on such an altruistic project as DevCoin. Do not doubt for a moment that much good has come from it.

Yours truly,

- Nova

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2020, 07:12:22 PM

This is to announce my resignation from the DevCoin Project. The primary reason for this decision is because of my strong and vocal disagreement in the handling of the recent STEEM fork and my account's power down on both the STEEM and HIVE blockchains. My main focus with the DevCoin Project, of late, has been with #DevSTEEM so my position on the fork would not reflect well on DevCoin.

It has been my pleasure to have worked with you all over the years on such an altruistic project as DevCoin. Do not doubt for a moment that much good has come from it.

Yours truly,

- Nova

Quitter virus going around lately.  :/

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2020, 11:17:12 PM

Yours truly,

- Nova

I'm so sorry to see you go Nova  Cry Cry Cry  Thank you for bring me on board to this project and all these years of hard work for devcoin. I'm gonna miss you.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 09:17:18 AM

Yours truly,

- Nova
Hey Nova,

Sorry to hear you are wanting t resign from devcoin project. Sounds like issues with steem and hive. You have brought a lot to devcoin over the years and I for one greatly appreciate all you have done for the community and coin, thank you Smiley

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 03:49:27 PM

Yours truly,

- Nova

You're a champion of ethics friend. You've given me good insight on real world issues I hope you continue to write there.

From the many one, from one, the source
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 03:51:54 PM

Hey Nova,

It is so sad for me to see you go, but I also understand other reasons of your resignation. I'm really concerned for the lack of community support for DevSTEEM, currently the only working idea to resurrect the Devcoin Foundation. Yet you still carried it all on your shoulders! I'm so proud of all the progress you did and to have you in the Devcoin project. Now, please let me tell you that you don't have to resign to the whole project, we still have room for contributions in other areas. Do not let failure to keep you down. So please take some time to reconsider your decision.

Last but not least, what I'm saying to Nova applies for everybody, we still have many ways to contribute with the Devcoin Project. The main requirement is to not see it as a source of passive income, we are supposed to operate as a foundation, so the idea is to raise funds that will finance Open Source Developers, and to pay overhead & operational costs. It  means that we need people to volunteer their time, we might have some small staff (paid work) like file custodians, but that is an exception not the rule. If we don't have volunteers, we can't build value up. Note that I'm not asking you guys to buy Devcoins, that might help but we need something else, we need to build assets that generate income for the foundation and make them grow, so that the foundation grows and we can finally help more people.

The ball is on your yard guys.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Yours truly,

- Nova

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 11:50:20 PM

There is a whole ecosystem that was built to make DeVCoin a centrepiece, to weave DeVCoin into an ever-growing economy of coins and assets and games, to weave it together with its sibling merged-mined coins, to build strong buy-sides for many "orphaned" and under-the-radar coins so they can all work together to strengthen each other and to have more and more liquidity routes so as some of them vanish from some exchanges hopefully others are still on other exchanges and as some get pumped or dumped others hopefully can stay more stable and so on.

There are a bunch of "staking" coins that mint new coins just by being online, too.

Heck some of them, such as Klingon Empire Darsek, (KED), Gold Pressed Latinum Two (GPL2), United Sci-Fi Coin (USF, or on some platforms SCIFI) are even on at least one exchange that purports to pay you some of the stake even while your coins are on the exchange, so you can pile up a good strong sell-side while still collecting much of your staking earnings.

There is General Financial Corp (GFC), which earns interest on an insanely huge amount of DeVCoin-denominated debt, an asset so successful we have to disallow the "DVC Holdings" account from holding it else it would be such a huge gain-loop, being denominated in DeVCoins itself, that it would send the computed value of a DeVCoin, computed by dividing the value of the "DVC Holdings" by the number of DeVCoins minted, into an endless gain-loop.

There is lots going on, but for some reason despite it all having been intended all along as an engine for DeVCoin, actual DeVCoins never seem to get allocated into it.

I have pointed out over and over again that if there were lots of DeVCoins available in the Galactic Milieu players would be able reasonably to use their General Mining Corp (GMC) and General Retirement Funds (GRF) and other Milieu coins (United Kingdom Britcoins, Martian BotCoins, United Nations Scrip and so on and so on, as well as their GeistGeld, FairBriX, TeneBriX, GRouPcoins, CoiLedCoins, AXIOM, AXON, GPL, GPL2, KED, USF, UFC and so on and so on and so on, to buy DeVCoins so that they could pay off their DeVCoin-denominated debts using actual DeVCoins instead of having to use those other things directly via a conversion-rate table.

But how much of the DeVCoin generated each round actually ends up being sold for any at all of all these other currencies? Seems like virtually none.

It almost seems like some other currency should buy up GFC and re-cast all its loans into some other currency or something like that, as all these years of operating as a DeVCoin-denominated financial institution seems to have been kind of pointless.

Nonetheless, despite the evident lack of interest on the part of DeVCoin-thread denizens year after year after year, the Galactic Milieu has kept soldiering on, albeit with DeVCoin, intended to be one of the most important currencies in the Milieu, being more and more left out in the cold.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Apocalipsa

Activity: 261
Merit: 305

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 06:15:40 PM

There is a whole ecosystem that was built to make DeVCoin a centrepiece, to weave DeVCoin into an ever-growing economy of coins and assets and games, to weave it together with its sibling merged-mined coins, to build strong buy-sides for many "orphaned" and under-the-radar coins so they can all work together to strengthen each other and to have more and more liquidity routes so as some of them vanish from some exchanges hopefully others are still on other exchanges and as some get pumped or dumped others hopefully can stay more stable and so on.

There are a bunch of "staking" coins that mint new coins just by being online, too.

Heck some of them, such as Klingon Empire Darsek, (KED), Gold Pressed Latinum Two (GPL2), United Sci-Fi Coin (USF, or on some platforms SCIFI) are even on at least one exchange that purports to pay you some of the stake even while your coins are on the exchange, so you can pile up a good strong sell-side while still collecting much of your staking earnings.

There is General Financial Corp (GFC), which earns interest on an insanely huge amount of DeVCoin-denominated debt, an asset so successful we have to disallow the "DVC Holdings" account from holding it else it would be such a huge gain-loop, being denominated in DeVCoins itself, that it would send the computed value of a DeVCoin, computed by dividing the value of the "DVC Holdings" by the number of DeVCoins minted, into an endless gain-loop.

There is lots going on, but for some reason despite it all having been intended all along as an engine for DeVCoin, actual DeVCoins never seem to get allocated into it.

I have pointed out over and over again that if there were lots of DeVCoins available in the Galactic Milieu players would be able reasonably to use their General Mining Corp (GMC) and General Retirement Funds (GRF) and other Milieu coins (United Kingdom Britcoins, Martian BotCoins, United Nations Scrip and so on and so on, as well as their GeistGeld, FairBriX, TeneBriX, GRouPcoins, CoiLedCoins, AXIOM, AXON, GPL, GPL2, KED, USF, UFC and so on and so on and so on, to buy DeVCoins so that they could pay off their DeVCoin-denominated debts using actual DeVCoins instead of having to use those other things directly via a conversion-rate table.

But how much of the DeVCoin generated each round actually ends up being sold for any at all of all these other currencies? Seems like virtually none.

It almost seems like some other currency should buy up GFC and re-cast all its loans into some other currency or something like that, as all these years of operating as a DeVCoin-denominated financial institution seems to have been kind of pointless.

Nonetheless, despite the evident lack of interest on the part of DeVCoin-thread denizens year after year after year, the Galactic Milieu has kept soldiering on, albeit with DeVCoin, intended to be one of the most important currencies in the Milieu, being more and more left out in the cold.

-MarkM-

Well, Mark, nobody really understands what you’re talking about and playing this “game” has proved to be complicated with with VERY limited seats. 

Probably just pure coincidences. 
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2020, 12:28:07 AM

Well, Mark, nobody really understands what you’re talking about and playing this “game” has proved to be complicated with with VERY limited seats. 

Pure speculation on my part, but if the game is hard to play with limited amount of seats for successful players isn't it worth exploring why it still exists? Smiley

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2020, 02:52:12 AM

-MarkM-

It seems like more DVC liquidity as discussed privately would help accrue HZ tokens to buy up plenty of DVC for General Financial Corp to hold DVC in its account by selling its past slush fund of various other currencies that debtors pay with and earn to pay with... And going forward all the DVC bought by debtors with their own currencies via HZ or STELLAR platform directly would also go into the value of GFC shares because they hold more of a visibly traded DVC with a price in HZ that keeps growing?

Either way sounds like a great way to get DVC moving through another platform while tied to other various online exchanges through platforms and game currencies from other servers and their known prices we already have to weave a price that accurately reflects DVC in BTC value or BTC in DVC value, as well as other non-backed currencies or even to get a correct value of DVC Holdings so that the end computed price of DVC is also a beginning value that makes sense in terms of hash rate (so as to account for big seven currencies represented on dots with digi-currencies with dDVC values in DVC that do not have blockchain implementations here on "Earth")...

Apocalipsa

Activity: 261
Merit: 305

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 08:34:13 PM

Pure speculation on my part, but if the game is hard to play with limited amount of seats for successful players isn't it worth exploring why it still exists? Smiley

N E R D S ?

Orrrrr, a global financial coup. 

I’d look into it more but I’m focusing on imminent apocalyptical events.  Soooo much more exciting.   

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2020, 04:31:06 PM

I think the relative values of all the treasuries-based coins and assets do make sense, the problems arise in trying to integrate with the values of things that use just the next price or the last price that someone is about to get (top of buy side offers) or did just get (last actual trade) on some exchange or other as their supposed value.

So for example maybe for anything on the Latest Rates table that does have a pair on an exchange somewhere, compare how much it is/was on exchanges to what it is/was according to the Latest Rates list to figure out about how far out the exchanges are from the computed values on the rates table.

Maybe hopefully doing that for a number of things we'll find some consistency that they are all about half the price on exchanges than we computed, or one fifth, or whatever.

If the ratios are wildly inconsistent though I dunno, maybe try to average them?

Things that changed a lot on exchanges since last time Latest Rates was computed will tend to cause that I guess if the others do not also change right along with them. Like if Bitcoin doubles but litecoin goes down, XRP doesn't move much and Stellar moves a little more.

So maybe try using things that are not very volatile on exchanges. I0C and IXC havent moved much for a while on exchanges, so maybe look how much exchanges claim they are worth and ratio that to what the Rates table says they are worth to come up hopefully with a ratio you can blanket apply across all the Rates, like "recent Latest Rates seem to value everything at X times what exchanges have been saying" or something like that?

A goal then would be to work on building the I0C and IXC buy-sides on the exchanges to bring them up to the levels the Latest Rates file says they ought to be. It maybe ought to be a matter of "apparently arbitragers are not efficiently carrying the values across from platform to platform" or something like that?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: