Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:11:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Apocalipsa

Activity: 261
Merit: 305

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 07:16:04 PM

I think the relative values of all the treasuries-based coins and assets do make sense, the problems arise in trying to integrate with the values of things that use just the next price or the last price that someone is about to get (top of buy side offers) or did just get (last actual trade) on some exchange or other as their supposed value.

So for example maybe for anything on the Latest Rates table that does have a pair on an exchange somewhere, compare how much it is/was on exchanges to what it is/was according to the Latest Rates list to figure out about how far out the exchanges are from the computed values on the rates table.

Maybe hopefully doing that for a number of things we'll find some consistency that they are all about half the price on exchanges than we computed, or one fifth, or whatever.

If the ratios are wildly inconsistent though I dunno, maybe try to average them?

Things that changed a lot on exchanges since last time Latest Rates was computed will tend to cause that I guess if the others do not also change right along with them. Like if Bitcoin doubles but litecoin goes down, XRP doesn't move much and Stellar moves a little more.

So maybe try using things that are not very volatile on exchanges. I0C and IXC havent moved much for a while on exchanges, so maybe look how much exchanges claim they are worth and ratio that to what the Rates table says they are worth to come up hopefully with a ratio you can blanket apply across all the Rates, like "recent Latest Rates seem to value everything at X times what exchanges have been saying" or something like that?

A goal then would be to work on building the I0C and IXC buy-sides on the exchanges to bring them up to the levels the Latest Rates file says they ought to be. It maybe ought to be a matter of "apparently arbitragers are not efficiently carrying the values across from platform to platform" or something like that?

-MarkM-

A) price discovery isn’t artificial manipulation.  Also, ixc and I0C prices aren’t “stable” cause of a stable liquid market but rather cause zero interest - you can’t even give the coins away for FREE!!!  It’s like saying let’s price DVC to dirt outside cause I haven’t seen much volatility in dirt prices.  Haha. 

B) arbitrage means real world use not a handful of guys playing video games using what could be a real world currency [one day].  Even second life had a more realistic currency market and nobody ever thought of those digital currencies as money. 

C) If you owe digital currency in a video game, like say IXC, what happens if you don’t pay?  What recourse do the lenders have? 

Where’s the BRIDGE??  The bridge between literally a game using these coins as “in-game currencies” and this REAL world where I can go buy a cow or a goat or maybe some feta and fries?  You need to bridge the two worlds [which seems absurd] but it’s doable.

Mesh the digital world with the physical world  - the new digical world. 

Can you write a simple answer to stuff like this that doesn’t require a week’s reading for us slow kids? 

Thanks, mark.   

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 10:59:10 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2020, 10:16:54 AM by hornetsnest

I think the relative values of all the treasuries-based coins and assets do make sense, the problems arise in trying to integrate with the values of things that use just the next price or the last price that someone is about to get (top of buy side offers) or did just get (last actual trade) on some exchange or other as their supposed value.

So for example maybe for anything on the Latest Rates table that does have a pair on an exchange somewhere, compare how much it is/was on exchanges to what it is/was according to the Latest Rates list to figure out about how far out the exchanges are from the computed values on the rates table.

Maybe hopefully doing that for a number of things we'll find some consistency that they are all about half the price on exchanges than we computed, or one fifth, or whatever.

If the ratios are wildly inconsistent though I dunno, maybe try to average them?

Things that changed a lot on exchanges since last time Latest Rates was computed will tend to cause that I guess if the others do not also change right along with them. Like if Bitcoin doubles but litecoin goes down, XRP doesn't move much and Stellar moves a little more.

So maybe try using things that are not very volatile on exchanges. I0C and IXC havent moved much for a while on exchanges, so maybe look how much exchanges claim they are worth and ratio that to what the Rates table says they are worth to come up hopefully with a ratio you can blanket apply across all the Rates, like "recent Latest Rates seem to value everything at X times what exchanges have been saying" or something like that?

A goal then would be to work on building the I0C and IXC buy-sides on the exchanges to bring them up to the levels the Latest Rates file says they ought to be. It maybe ought to be a matter of "apparently arbitragers are not efficiently carrying the values across from platform to platform" or something like that?

-MarkM-

A) price discovery isn’t artificial manipulation.  Also, ixc and I0C prices aren’t “stable” cause of a stable liquid market but rather cause zero interest - you can’t even give the coins away for FREE!!!  It’s like saying let’s price DVC to dirt outside cause I haven’t seen much volatility in dirt prices.  Haha.  

B) arbitrage means real world use not a handful of guys playing video games using what could be a real world currency [one day].  Even second life had a more realistic currency market and nobody ever thought of those digital currencies as money.  

C) If you owe digital currency in a video game, like say IXC, what happens if you don’t pay?  What recourse do the lenders have?  

Where’s the BRIDGE??  The bridge between literally a game using these coins as “in-game currencies” and this REAL world where I can go buy a cow or a goat or maybe some feta and fries?  You need to bridge the two worlds [which seems absurd] but it’s doable.

Mesh the digital world with the physical world  - the new digical world.  

Can you write a simple answer to stuff like this that doesn’t require a week’s reading for us slow kids?  

Thanks, mark.  

Yeah Mark, break it down barney style for Apocalipsa Grin Roll Eyes

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2020, 08:41:45 AM

-MarkM-

A) price discovery isn’t artificial manipulation.  Also, ixc and I0C prices aren’t “stable” cause of a stable liquid market but rather cause zero interest - you can’t even give the coins away for FREE!!!  It’s like saying let’s price DVC to dirt outside cause I haven’t seen much volatility in dirt prices.  Haha. 

B) arbitrage means real world use not a handful of guys playing video games using what could be a real world currency [one day].  Even second life had a more realistic currency market and nobody ever thought of those digital currencies as money. 

C) If you owe digital currency in a video game, like say IXC, what happens if you don’t pay?  What recourse do the lenders have? 

Where’s the BRIDGE??  The bridge between literally a game using these coins as “in-game currencies” and this REAL world where I can go buy a cow or a goat or maybe some feta and fries?  You need to bridge the two worlds [which seems absurd] but it’s doable.

Mesh the digital world with the physical world  - the new digical world. 

Thanks, mark.   

Vlad wants you to break it down barney style mark Grin Roll Eyes

Grrrrr, why would I ever use a sock, dude?   Grin

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 10:18:19 AM

Grrrrr, why would I ever use a sock, dude?   Grin

No.Mine clearly states Apocalipsa  Grin You may edit that one above though  Cool Grin Grin

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SaveMyBtc

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 09:12:33 PM

What is going on with DevCoin? is it still alive or is anybody doing something for this project? I remember the first days, as i come to cryptocurrencies and Devcoin was one of the first 20 Coins ever created, if i remember right. I had a bunch full of coins in my pocket years ago. I really hope this coin is coming back to live, because such a old coin deserves something better than a slowly dead. Maybe someone has some ideas for this project.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 03:11:58 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2020, 05:21:04 PM by markm

The answer to the question about the consequences of not paying the in-game loans is similar to any "secured" loan: the borrower had collateral, and loses that collateral if they fail to pay the loan.

That is in fact what already happened in by far the majority of cases: the original borrowers tended to be random passers-by on the internet who created an account in an intergalactic-mining game, a so-called "O-game clone", and basically never came back. A lot of them did not even bother starting their newly-automatically-created mining colony building anything.

This is also why there are not a lot of "free as in beer" methods of starting into the games: we learned from experience that if players are not putting up any collateral in entering the game, the folks already in the game end up having to do all the work of "playing" the new roles that were being brought into play for the supposed new players.

Evidently it really helps to have the players have "skin in the game" as some call it, that is, to have collateral, to have something against which they can borrow.

A planet-known-as-Earth year or more down the line, we had to start forming "Galactic Reposession Corps" to "repossess" intergalactic mining operations that had not been logged-into for a whole year or more.

"Reposessing" them rather than, for instance, "writing them off" as "bankrupt" was necessary because of the whole intergalactic politics behind it all, the fact that all the civilised worlds needed these mining operations to be "out there" as a first step toward creating a defensive shell around the civilised galaxies against the reasonably-to-be-anticipated eventual advent of nasty fleets of aggressors from other "O-game clones" far far way.

That is, we know from observing O-game clones all over the net the kind of behavior to be expected from denizens of distant galaxies, so we need to prepare our civilised galaxies against such potential opponents.

So rather than "write off" the colonies, the intergalactic United Nations created Galactic Repo Corps, one per abandoned mining operation, to assume the operation's debt and put the mines to work.

The collateral was the colonies each operation controlled.

Having seen that random passers-by who got to join the game for free almost all never actually built up or managed the mining operation they had signed up to manage, we no longer bother letting people start play that way. Nowadays if they wanted some kind of loans they would have to find them privately from some other players or something; or start in the one remaining free rabbit-hole where they get to start one individual person on an individual-character scale of play such as on the galactic diplomacy planet via the "CrossCiv" server.

As to the "bridge", I think in a lot of people's minds cryptocoins, and maybe even the whole concept of money itself, keeps being thought of as some kind of commodity; which to a small extend maybe cryptocoins are or can be but that aspect of them is more like the actual value of the metal a penny or nickel or dome or quarter or loonie is made of than like the face value such as being worth a cent or being worth five cents or being worth twenty-five cents or being worth on dollar.

Yes if you want a token people can conveniently and durably pass around from person to person and which you want to use as a token representing value such as "this token can buy flour salt and yeast and bread at my bakery business" or whatever, the tokens can have some small value to you because of their usefulness to you as something to use to represent the buying-power you want to issue to your suppliers and customers, so that when a farmer drops off sacks of flour to your warehouse you have something durable to issue him or her so they can later come back and use those tokens to buy back some of the flour they in effect stored in your warehouse, or buy some bread you baked from it or whatever.

But the point is that money is really basically a kind of I.O.U, to its issuer, or at any rate it SHOULD be.

Yes you might like to buy up every last one of some cheap cryptocoin or other so that when you issue them back out to folks you know how many are out there thus how much of the flour, yeast, salt and bread in your shop is "accounted for" by the coins that are in other people's hands, but, their value as counters you bought to put to some such use is probably trivial compared to their value IN USE AS YOUR I.O.U.s.

We have a few times now had the value of an IXC coin and the value of an I0C coin up to a dollar or so and that was not because that is how much they are "intrinsically" worth it is because we had managed to hoard or destroy enough of them that we could afford to use them as "dollar tokens" because seemingly at the time there were not enough out in the wild that folks were dumping too many of them to our "I will buy 100 of them at a dollar each, another 100 at 99 cents each, another 100 at 98 cents each, another 100 at 97 cents each" and so on offers.

Ideally we would have first bought or minted every last one of them, so that the only way anyone else had any was because we had given them some in token that we owed them something, even if that something was just "99% of what you gave me for them" or "90% of what you gave me for them" or suchlike. Then we would have been more secure against suddely finding someone out there had a million of them that we had not stockpiled enough gooods or services or dollars or whatever to be able to "redeem" at what we had been seeing as the current value each one was managing to represent.

You might notice if you look at the historical tables of values that the coins that minted 21 million, or in the case of bitNicKeLs 420 million, coins up front and did noy have random third parties minting more of them that those coins did very well compared to BiTCoin the first few years BECAUSE all kinds of folks all over the world, a lot of whom had no intention of buying back from customers the bitcoins they sold them, were minting bitcoins. Basically bitcoins were being minted by min ters who were not really putting their full faith and credit behind them, they were selling them off as if they were simple blank rounds of metal other people might choose to use as coinage rather than issuing them as their own coinage they stood ready to buy back for some substantial fraction of what they sold them for.

So you really have to keep in mind that money is I.O.U.s.

Robert A. Heinlein illustrated this in at least one of his "Lazarus Long" stories, Lazarus sets up a general store on a colony planet, issues "money" to his suppliers in return for the inventory he stocks the store with, and the colonists can then use that "money" to buy stuff in his store. Some colonist child or something sees him burning that money when it came back into his possession and thinks it weird that he is burning "money", but as he points out, those are his I.O.U.s and once he has redeemed them they are worthless to him except maybe, if they were durable and still in good shape, maybe as tokens he could re-use for the same purpose of representing him owing something to the bearer.

So as issuers of DeVCoins we need to bear in mind that we have chosen a relatively cheap, as these things currently go, token to use to represent our I.O.U.s but that they are our I.O.U.s and ultimately their value lies in the fact that we stand ready to "back" the, aka to "redeem" them, hopefully with "the full faith and credit of the DeV nation" or somesuch thing.

We need to have a whole bunch of OTHER coins, assets, currencies and so on partly because we need something to back our coins WITH, something people can redeem them FOR, and partly because even if we are very careful who we give out 9/10ths of the coins to we still are faced with the fact that random "miners" all over the world are able to "mint" OUR coin, and a lot of them do NOT think of them as their own I.O.U.s they are issuing and that they are expected to redeem; to the contrary, to many of them every block's 5000 coins that they get it 5000 more of OUR I.O.U.'s that we are giving them for their service of securing our blockchain or at least of keeping the blocks moving, and ultimately we have to "back" aka "redeem" those coins too.

Coins like IXCoin and I0Coin are "minting" far far fewer new coins, so they can be in some ways more useful than DeVCoins for use as yet more I.O.U.s we can "back" and "honour" because in using them we are not looking at a huge minting of more of them every day so they are potentially easier for us to keep on backing and ultimately hope to have almost all of them buried someplace to that those still out there waiting for us to redeem them become less and less in number and thus are practical maybe to use as I.O.U.s representing more and more value per coin of them.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 08:21:03 PM

The answer to the question about the consequences of not paying the in-game loans is similar to any "secured" loan: the borrower had collateral, and loses that collateral if they fail to pay the loan.

That is in fact what already happened in by far the majority of cases: the original borrowers tended to be random passers-by on the internet who created an account in an intergalactic-mining game, a so-called "O-game clone", and basically never came back. A lot of them did not even bother starting their newly-automatically-created mining colony building anything.

This is also why there are not a lot of "free as in beer" methods of starting into the games: we learned from experience that if players are not putting up any collateral in entering the game, the folks already in the game end up having to do all the work of "playing" the new roles that were being brought into play for the supposed new players.

Evidently it really helps to have the players have "skin in the game" as some call it, that is, to have collateral, to have something against which they can borrow.

A planet-known-as-Earth year or more down the line, we had to start forming "Galactic Reposession Corps" to "repossess" intergalactic mining operations that had not been logged-into for a whole year or more.

"Reposessing" them rather than, for instance, "writing them off" as "bankrupt" was necessary because of the whole intergalactic politics behind it all, the fact that all the civilised worlds needed these mining operations to be "out there" as a first step toward creating a defensive shell around the civilised galaxies against the reasonably-to-be-anticipated eventual advent of nasty fleets of aggressors from other "O-game clones" far far way.

That is, we know from observing O-game clones all over the net the kind of behavior to be expected from denizens of distant galaxies, so we need to prepare our civilised galaxies against such potential opponents.

So rather than "write off" the colonies, the intergalactic United Nations created Galactic Repo Corps, one per abandoned mining operation, to assume the operation's debt and put the mines to work.

The collateral was the colonies each operation controlled.

Having seen that random passers-by who got to join the game for free almost all never actually built up or managed the mining operation they had signed up to manage, we no longer bother letting people start play that way. Nowadays if they wanted some kind of loans they would have to find them privately from some other players or something; or start in the one remaining free rabbit-hole where they get to start one individual person on an individual-character scale of play such as on the galactic diplomacy planet via the "CrossCiv" server.

As to the "bridge", I think in a lot of people's minds cryptocoins, and maybe even the whole concept of money itself, keeps being thought of as some kind of commodity; which to a small extend maybe cryptocoins are or can be but that aspect of them is more like the actual value of the metal a penny or nickel or dome or quarter or loonie is made of than like the face value such as being worth a cent or being worth five cents or being worth twenty-five cents or being worth on dollar.

Yes if you want a token people can conveniently and durably pass around from person to person and which you want to use as a token representing value such as "this token can buy flour salt and yeast and bread at my bakery business" or whatever, the tokens can have some small value to you because of their usefulness to you as something to use to represent the buying-power you want to issue to your suppliers and customers, so that when a farmer drops off sacks of flour to your warehouse you have something durable to issue him or her so they can later come back and use those tokens to buy back some of the flour they in effect stored in your warehouse, or buy some bread you baked from it or whatever.

But the point is that money is really basically a kind of I.O.U, to its issuer, or at any rate it SHOULD be.

Yes you might like to buy up every last one of some cheap cryptocoin or other so that when you issue them back out to folks you know how many are out there thus how much of the flour, yeast, salt and bread in your shop is "accounted for" by the coins that are in other people's hands, but, their value as counters you bought to put to some such use is probably trivial compared to their value IN USE AS YOUR I.O.U.s.

We have a few times now had the value of an IXC coin and the value of an I0C coin up to a dollar or so and that was not because that is how much they are "intrinsically" worth it is because we had managed to hoard or destroy enough of them that we could afford to use them as "dollar tokens" because seemingly at the time there were not enough out in the wild that folks were dumping too many of them to our "I will buy 100 of them at a dollar each, another 100 at 99 cents each, another 100 at 98 cents each, another 100 at 97 cents each" and so on offers.

Ideally we would have first bought or minted every last one of them, so that the only way anyone else had any was because we had given them some in token that we owed them something, even if that something was just "99% of what you gave me for them" or "90% of what you gave me for them" or suchlike. Then we would have been more secure against suddely finding someone out there had a million of them that we had not stockpiled enough gooods or services or dollars or whatever to be able to "redeem" at what we had been seeing as the current value each one was managing to represent.

You might notice if you look at the historical tables of values that the coins that minted 21 million, or in the case of bitNicKeLs 420 million, coins up front and did noy have random third parties minting more of them that those coins did very well compared to BiTCoin the first few years BECAUSE all kinds of folks all over the world, a lot of whom had no intention of buying back from customers the bitcoins they sold them, were minting bitcoins. Basically bitcoins were being minted by min ters who were not really putting their full faith and credit behind them, they were selling them off as if they were simple blank rounds of metal other people might choose to use as coinage rather than issuing them as their own coinage they stood ready to buy back for some substantial fraction of what they sold them for.

So you really have to keep in mind that money is I.O.U.s.

Robert A. Heinlein illustrated this in at least one of his "Lazarus Long" stories, Lazarus sets up a general store on a colony planet, issues "money" to his suppliers in return for the inventory he stocks the store with, and the colonists can then use that "money" to buy stuff in his store. Some colonist child or something sees him burning that money when it came back into his possession and thinks it weird that he is burning "money", but as he points out, those are his I.O.U.s and once he has redeemed them they are worthless to him except maybe, if they were durable and still in good shape, maybe as tokens he could re-use for the same purpose of representing him owing something to the bearer.

So as issuers of DeVCoins we need to bear in mind that we have chosen a relatively cheap, as these things currently go, token to use to represent our I.O.U.s but that they are our I.O.U.s and ultimately their value lies in the fact that we stand ready to "back" the, aka to "redeem" them, hopefully with "the full faith and credit of the DeV nation" or somesuch thing.

We need to have a whole bunch of OTHER coins, assets, currencies and so on partly because we need something to back our coins WITH, something people can redeem them FOR, and partly because even if we are very careful who we give out 9/10ths of the coins to we still are faced with the fact that random "miners" all over the world are able to "mint" OUR coin, and a lot of them do NOT think of them as their own I.O.U.s they are issuing and that they are expected to redeem; to the contrary, to many of them every block's 5000 coins that they get it 5000 more of OUR I.O.U.'s that we are giving them for their service of securing our blockchain or at least of keeping the blocks moving, and ultimately we have to "back" aka "redeem" those coins too.

Coins like IXCoin and I0Coin are "minting" far far fewer new coins, so they can be in some ways more useful than DeVCoins for use as yet more I.O.U.s we can "back" and "honour" because in using them we are not looking at a huge minting of more of them every day so they are potentially easier for us to keep on backing and ultimately hope to have almost all of them buried someplace to that those still out there waiting for us to redeem them become less and less in number and thus are practical maybe to use as I.O.U.s representing more and more value per coin of them.

-MarkM-

Once again clear so let me try to Scientologize another level and super clear this.

People playing a video game put up up collateral when “borrowing” pretty much worthless coins.  Right?

Since you’re running game you can’t be a bit more super clear?  Like a pair of socks, a house, a lambo collateral? 

Cause if I put up my socks and dvc or whatever moons 1,000x I really don’t care about you keeping my used gear. See the problem here?

And the whole IOU thing - fractional reserve banking.  I don’t care, that’s how banking works, we make the rules and if you do your homework you can greatly benefit off it.

Sooooo, if I were Tom Cruise right now going super clear for the 5th time, I’d say these exhausting posts are basically a way to honestly say this is a bank coup of all crypto using a crappy video game to do it with.

Well played...

Super clear.  I can feel the power now!!!!   Roll Eyes

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 03:59:14 PM

Hey everybody,

While the world is fighting the worst pandemic of the last century, we are still working to keep Devcoin alive!

This round we have some moves for record. Novacadian's resign freed up 6 ongoing shares that created the need to refactor the Ongoing Shares file. So there we go:

- The OpenSource Fund (OpenSourceFund), starting from round 105, it has 49 ongoing shares (43 plus 6 from Nova). Info about the previous 43 ongoing shares here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg53044716#msg53044716
- The Devcoin STEEM fund (DevSTEEM), stays with 38 ongoing shares (4 ongoing shares for STEEM Infrastructure, 7 ongoing shares for STEEM POWER Fund, 2 ongoing shares for STEEM Exchange Fund and 25 ongoing shares for DevSTEEM Fund 2)

Since STEEM and HIVE created a situation for DevSTEEM, I prefer for waters to calm. If you have a better idea please share it here.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2020, 10:58:48 PM

Hey everybody,

While the world is fighting the worst pandemic of the last century, we are still working to keep Devcoin alive!

This round we have some moves for record. Novacadian's resign freed up 6 ongoing shares that created the need to refactor the Ongoing Shares file. So there we go:

- The OpenSource Fund (OpenSourceFund), starting from round 105, it has 49 ongoing shares (43 plus 6 from Nova). Info about the previous 43 ongoing shares here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg53044716#msg53044716
- The Devcoin STEEM fund (DevSTEEM), stays with 38 ongoing shares (4 ongoing shares for STEEM Infrastructure, 7 ongoing shares for STEEM POWER Fund, 2 ongoing shares for STEEM Exchange Fund and 25 ongoing shares for DevSTEEM Fund 2)

Since STEEM and HIVE created a situation for DevSTEEM, I prefer for waters to calm. If you have a better idea please share it here.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Hey develCuy. Thanks for the update. What will become of all the work that went into devSTEEM now?

From the many one, from one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2020, 03:18:09 AM
Merited by Traxo (1)

Hello everybody,

We have good and bad news. The bad news first of course. We are discontinuing the use of our main DNS seed node, due to lack of funds. For that reason we are staying with the fallback DNS seed node. Not only that, the consequence is that all releases from 0.8.5.0 and older will loose the ability to sync with the network. We forecast that all nodes using old Devcoin releases will break 5 days from now, so the deadline to fix your node(s) is May 21st!

Soooo, we have a new release (yeah, a FULL realease) ready! Please find the detailed instructions to cook your new wallet here: https://steemit.com/busy/@cpol/how-to-compile-your-very-own-devcoin-wallet-in-ubuntu-18-04

The above applies to everybody running a devcoin node, miners included. You are warned.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2020, 04:05:50 PM

Hello everybody,

We have good and bad news. The bad news first of course. We are discontinuing the use of our main DNS seed node, due to lack of funds. For that reason we are staying with the fallback DNS seed node. Not only that, the consequence is that all releases from 0.8.5.0 and older will loose the ability to sync with the network. We forecast that all nodes using old Devcoin releases will break 5 days from now, so the deadline to fix your node(s) is May 21st!

Soooo, we have a new release (yeah, a FULL realease) ready! Please find the detailed instructions to cook your new wallet here: https://steemit.com/busy/@cpol/how-to-compile-your-very-own-devcoin-wallet-in-ubuntu-18-04

The above applies to everybody running a devcoin node, miners included. You are warned.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Are you able to offer windows and mac binaries?

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
develCuy

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2020, 05:23:31 PM

Hello everybody,

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

No. Months ago I asked the person suppossedly on charge of Windows and MAC binaries to help, but I got no answer, so I removed the ongoing shares for that position. Rather now I prefer to have tutorials similar to @cpol's, so that people can cook their own wallets in Windows and MAC.

- develCuy

FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2020, 09:30:34 PM

Hello everybody,

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

No. Months ago I asked the person suppossedly on charge of Windows and MAC binaries to help, but I got no answer, so I removed the ongoing shares for that position. Rather now I prefer to have tutorials similar to @cpol's, so that people can cook their own wallets in Windows and MAC.

- develCuy
That works for linux as generally u can do everything u need through the terminal. Have you ever built a cryptowallet on windows?? it really is not a simple process and similar on mac.  http://web.archive.org/web/20130821030414/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

Really do need to offer all the platform binaries otherwise it is restricting the entry level to just get a wallet and people will not bother or be turned away from dvc, or worse yet someone who has dvc can no longer access if old versions of dvc are not going to work / sync

I used to make builds for windows and mac as part of the linux build as you can cross compile but it has been many years since I did this but details are here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-windows.md

I would STRONGLY recommend that these binaries are released as well otherwise it will have a negative impact on the dvc network.

Fuzzybear

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 02:47:03 AM

That works for linux as generally u can do everything u need through the terminal. Have you ever built a cryptowallet on windows?? it really is not a simple process and similar on mac.  http://web.archive.org/web/20130821030414/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

Really do need to offer all the platform binaries otherwise it is restricting the entry level to just get a wallet and people will not bother or be turned away from dvc, or worse yet someone who has dvc can no longer access if old versions of dvc are not going to work / sync

I used to make builds for windows and mac as part of the linux build as you can cross compile but it has been many years since I did this but details are here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-windows.md

I would STRONGLY recommend that these binaries are released as well otherwise it will have a negative impact on the dvc network.

Fuzzybear

I'm with Fuzzybear. You really need to have a wallet where someone can just download it and install and run it... on Windows.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 04:37:00 AM

Hello everybody,

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

Would you like to build the Windows and MAC binaries for a bounty?

- develCuy

kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 09:37:56 AM

Hello everybody,

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

I bought some DevCoin and sent it to my -1.0.16-w32 running on windows.Will this wallet be affected by this in the near future?

Also it is having this issue "failed to connect to best block" so am not able to sync it to use it right now.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 02:33:42 PM

My server that was known as dvcstable01.dvcnode.org is still running and is also known as LFM.knotwork.com, and still runs all the many and various coins it has been running all along.

Existing nodes should work as they will have it in their peers lists, some coins let you add peers while they are running others need them on the command-line when you start them or in their config file if you use the config files.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 09:31:48 AM

Hello everybody,

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

- develCuy

Fuzzybear

Would you like to build the Windows and MAC binaries for a bounty?

- develCuy

Problem is I do not have the hardware anymore i used to build them on and you can not do it with virtual machines or server droplets (something to do with needing to do this on a non virtual machine as u create VM when building the binaries if i remember correctly).  So I would need to go out and buy a new PC to be able to do this. Also an offer of DVC bounty is not very enticing as there is no where to convert it to $$ so I could buy the hardware.  A BTC bounty would go a long way here.

Fuzzybear

FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 09:34:10 AM

My server that was known as dvcstable01.dvcnode.org is still running and is also known as LFM.knotwork.com, and still runs all the many and various coins it has been running all along.

Existing nodes should work as they will have it in their peers lists, some coins let you add peers while they are running others need them on the command-line when you start them or in their config file if you use the config files.

-MarkM-

Is it still syncing and running now after the 21st may deadline has passed?

Fuzzybear

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 06:55:57 PM

Also an offer of DVC bounty is not very enticing as there is no where to convert it to $$ so I could buy the hardware.  A BTC bounty would go a long way here.

Fuzzybear

This is one of the big things we need to get changed right now because any bounties are basically speculative at the moment. We can view it as a "Bitcoin"-like situation since it was also worthless in the beginning, but DVC was already traded pretty heavily in the past. A plan needs to be put in motion to give it a place to trade and a solid reason for users to obtain more. Even a DVC-denominated dice site could be useful in this case.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: