Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:15:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2021, 02:08:06 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2021, 03:08:18 PM by mprep

Selling 5 million dvc (its all I got) for .04.  Market price is .05.  That’s a decent discount.  Wish I could do better. 

Need it ASAP.  Thanks. 

Vlad

The demand on this coin, tho.  Try .03.  It’s the next Bitcoin Dan will no doubt buy it. 

https://www.facebook.com/devcoin << Like our page to find out more  Wink

Awesome coin design.  I want a few real ones but high quality like the pic.  Who made it, Carlos from BTX.  Top notch. 

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2021, 12:37:03 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2021, 03:08:38 PM by mprep

Awesome coin design.  I want a few real ones but high quality like the pic.  Who made it, Carlos from BTX.  Top notch. 

It's a "Dinar" symbol

Selling 5 million dvc (its all I got) for .04.  Market price is .05.  That’s a decent discount.  Wish I could do better. 

Need it ASAP.  Thanks. 

Vlad

latestrates.traxo.me

From the many one, from one, the source
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2021, 10:06:54 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2021, 03:08:53 PM by mprep

Need it ASAP.  Thanks. 

Vlad

latestrates.traxo.me

Thanks, Dan.  Ok.  .05?  Anybody?  I need to sell ASAP. 

Need it ASAP.  Thanks. 

Vlad

latestrates.traxo.me

Thanks, Dan.  Ok.  .05?  Anybody?  I need to sell ASAP. 

Clearly, nobody wants to buy the next real Bitcoin at 5 sats.  I’ll take .04.  Well sub market.  Not one believer in this coin?  Kinda odd.  Offer me my favorite coin for 30% off and I’ll clean you out. 

Edit:  I’m mental.  I need anti psychotic meds ASAP before I tear crypto a new A-hole.  Just saying, it’s urgent. 

It's a "Dinar" symbol

Why not shekel?  :/

Ok, half off.  .03 sat for 5 million dvc?  Unreal.  Real Bitcoin my...

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 09:07:08 AM

You're probably the dumbest person in crypto:

https://block.d.evco.in/chain/Devcoin?hi=0

Furthermore in 2013, you could've just bought BTC. And presto, you're rich instead of a miserable 50 year old ranting and raving online about neo-Nazism and trashing other people's valid points.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 10:14:50 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2021, 03:07:45 PM by mprep

You're probably the dumbest person in crypto:

https://block.d.evco.in/chain/Devcoin?hi=0

Furthermore in 2013, you could've just bought BTC. And presto, you're rich instead of a miserable 50 year old ranting and raving online about neo-Nazism and trashing other people's valid points.

Btc?  The alts I had on cryptsy, hundreds worth of btc would have made me much more than holding BTC.

BTC is trash and soon everyone will see what I’ve been saying for 9 years.  Almost a decade?  I might be retarded knowing what I know and knew ahead of time and now being broke and trapped like a hungry rat looking for free cheese in a trap.  Lol

You got me clocked.  I’ll mop floors on a beautiful Swedish island for minimum wage if anyone is hiring.  :/

It's a "Dinar" symbol

Why not shekel?  :/

Back to this.  I gotta check the shekel design and one side shekel and the flipside Christian them.  Like, In God We Trust. 

God is banned in the EU so it wouldn’t work here. 

Oye, I can’t believe the beauty and symbolism of these shekels.  Best fiat coins I’ve ever seen.  Yeah, it’s fappening.  Add a PCP background for effect and the flip side put a knights Templar narrative and in God We True.

Can’t fail.  The force is with me, erm, us.  Excellent. 

I want pure 1 ounce gold from the mines of Ophir.  7 x 77 pieces. 

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 02:34:53 AM

Is anyone working on wrapped Devcoin/bridging Devcoin onto other blockchains? For instance, an ERC-20 wrapped Devcoin token backed 1:1 with main chain Devcoin? This token could allow Devcoin holders to access a whole suite of new applications — decentralized exchanges, borrowing, etc.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2021, 12:01:57 AM

Is anyone working on wrapped Devcoin/bridging Devcoin onto other blockchains? For instance, an ERC-20 wrapped Devcoin token backed 1:1 with main chain Devcoin? This token could allow Devcoin holders to access a whole suite of new applications — decentralized exchanges, borrowing, etc.

We have DVC on the Stellar platform, and when the new version of DMD comes out will probably put them there too.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 06:15:31 PM

We have DVC on the Stellar platform, and when the new version of DMD comes out will probably put them there too.

-MarkM-

Thanks! What about Ethereum?
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2021, 04:04:06 AM

That would be cool. As of now I believe the only place besides Stellar where a DVC asset exists is HORIZON in MarkM's "HZDVC" you can find that info here: https://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzdvc/

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2021, 05:28:11 PM

That would be cool. As of now I believe the only place besides Stellar where a DVC asset exists is HORIZON in MarkM's "HZDVC" you can find that info here: https://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzdvc/

Going waaaaay back with Marky Mark I can verify this is factual information. 

Dude message:  one day soon I’m gonna clean out the books on these old coins.  Just hope you have a side stash for yourself.  Thanks for the tedious manual market making all these years. 

Vlad

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2021, 09:31:48 AM

HAPPY 10TH PUBLIC BIRTHDAY DEVCOIN - SINCE JULY 20/22, 2011. GENESIS AND BLOCK #1!

Perhaps the turtle wins the race this year. There has to be value for secure chains. And efficient ones at that in this new "green" world.

Under the radar 10 years, but still actively developed in the past year and still has the founder around.

Go Devcoin, go.

Regardless of Spot prices on one exchange, we still get written about in 2021:

https://copper.co/insights/what-do-the-top-10-cryptos-of-the-last-10-years-tell-us

7 years ago, we were known to Yahoo Finance...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/longest-running-bitcoin-alternative-devcoin-050500319.html

Time to kick it in gear... unless waiting is the winning strategy. No one has ever told me, but here I am.

The thing is, behind the scenes many brilliant developers are already rolling out Devcoin's proposals into the pubic little by little and one day it will be here. So do I love my cheap DVC? Do I love marketing and working for the dev team? You bet.

Governance and the value of long and well thought out distribution is coming.

How nice (sarcasm)of Vitalik to plug our innovation and move on to Ethereum even using their own proposed governance system which ripped off that which Devcoin created...

What do we care. Our chain is under the radar, the most of the most secure - and no doubt, our devs from the co-founder with us today to our South American whiz kid and others who work on other projects yet help us immensely like Traxo and Vlad from iXcoin.

We are so very close. The distribution is almost optimal. Time for the next step...

A little Vitalik at Devcon when he must've read some good MarkM or Unthinkingbit posts on Bitcointalk.org the night before...

SocialCoin and the One World “Government”

The existence of a decentralized “real name” system allows for a large number of possibilities that have so far been unexplored in the cryptocurrency world. One attractive possibility is SocialCoin, the cryptocurrency that pays everyone in the world a “world citizen’s dividend” of 1000 units per month; another, similar alternative is to plug the system into a Devcoin-like system, allowing people to come together and vote on projects that the money should be spent on, thereby creating what is essentially a (voluntary) “world government” that funds itself from the revenue from generating new currency units. How much money could such a government get while still maintaining a low inflation rate? Here, there are two factors to keep in mind: people dying and losing their coins forever, and actual inflation.

Currently, when someone dies, their property automatically goes to their children or spouse by default. In a cryptocurrency, however, by default a person’s monetary savings simply become inaccessible since their passwords are lost. This destruction of coins creates a deflationary pressure; given the current death rate of around 8 per 1000 per year, multiplying by a factor of 2 to account for the fact that people tend to be somewhat wealthier than average at the time of their death, and then again dividing by 3 to take into account the fact that many people will have a system set up to ensure their wealth will go somewhere when they die (currently, about half the population has wills, and the divider can be bumped to 3 since people with more money are more likely to have them), we can get an estimate of 0.5% coin loss per year.

This, combined with a low target inflation rate of 1.5%, means that we can “print” 2% of the current money supply every year. Since cryptocurrencies will massively reduce the amount of fractional reserve banking in the world (as the cryptocurrency base unit is online, so individuals no longer “need” to store their money in banks in order to maintain savings accounts and make long-distance transactions), we can expect much of the world’s M2 and M3 money supply (ways of calculating money supply that include bank deposits) to become part of the base money supply of a cryptocurrency. The M2 money supply of the world is estimated at around $40 trillion, giving our world government a budget of $800 billion per year to play with – or, in the case of SocialCoin, a universal dividend of $114 per person per year.

In theory, a world government can do a lot with $800 billion per year; in practice, it remains to be seen how free from corruption such an institution would be, although in this case the fact that it will be controlled by direct democracy, and have no power to tax, can potentially serve as powerful restraints on abuse. It would essentially be a government in the sense of being an entity tasked with maintaining social infrastructure, but would lack the power to coerce and compel that might make it particularly dangerous. Or, we can simply stick with SocialCoin, and leave it up to each individual to improve their lives the best that they can with $114 per year – almost nothing to most people reading this article, but a very substantial amount in many underdeveloped countries. If the system can be made to rely on no centralized institutions and no tax revenue, it can secure a level of political neutrality that would allow it to be trusted by the entire world. Will it happen? Well, either wait and see to find out, or start implementing it yourself.

See also:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/7050/bootstrapping-a-decentralized-autonomous-corporation-part-i/

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/7119/bootstrapping-an-autonomous-decentralized-corporation-part-2-interacting-with-the-world/

Source: https://blog.ethereum.org/2013/12/31/bootstrapping-a-decentralized-autonomous-corporation-part-3-identity-corp/

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 03:13:12 PM

HAPPY 10TH PUBLIC BIRTHDAY DEVCOIN - SINCE JULY 20/22, 2011. GENESIS AND BLOCK #1!

Happy birthday! =)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2021, 05:34:22 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (4)

Happy birthday! =)

Wait, ixc is 10 years old then too?  I thought I’ve been slowly dying for only 8-9 years.  Bonus.  What I thought would take 1-2 years Is taking over a decade. 

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2021, 09:07:08 PM

Happy birthday! =)

Wait, ixc is 10 years old then too?  I thought I’ve been slowly dying for only 8-9 years.  Bonus.  What I thought would take 1-2 years Is taking over a decade.  

According to i0coin's wiki page Ixcoin was "born" 4/27-29/2011.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5350569.msg57517493#msg57517493

I see this project is going nowhere

GREAT! How about OTC we trade 1 DVC for 0.1 Liteoshi? Smiley

hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 10:02:50 PM
Merited by realdantreccia (6)

#congratulations brethren

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2021, 03:05:59 PM

Back to wrapped as far as I know - nothing is officially from our devs here. But I did find the EVM compatible BSC BEP20 token "DevCoin (DVC)"https://testnet.bscscan.com/token/0x12dee872521b652f1b3f8bc447b44fa2cd82027a?a=0xa4e485273c2f6fd5e6dc50efc770cb77619699c6

Testnet interesting enough.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 01:29:40 AM
Merited by realdantreccia (3)

Back to wrapped as far as I know - nothing is officially from our devs here. But I did find the EVM compatible BSC BEP20 token "DevCoin (DVC)"https://testnet.bscscan.com/token/0x12dee872521b652f1b3f8bc447b44fa2cd82027a?a=0xa4e485273c2f6fd5e6dc50efc770cb77619699c6

Thanks for the update! Are DVC bounties still offered for projects? Could we perhaps offer a bounty to put DVC on Ethereum?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2021, 12:34:44 AM

Thanks for the update! Are DVC bounties still offered for projects? Could we perhaps offer a bounty to put DVC on Ethereum?

My precious!  Anything for you.   Grin

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2021, 01:41:42 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2021, 11:24:07 PM by realdantreccia

That honestly seems like the most obvious and overlooked solution for DVC at the moment. ERC-20 DVC. Wrapped Devcoin. Smiley lol

Also forget bounties I mean maybe there is one. I'd pay you DVC myself lol. I could actually use all this Devcoin for once haha.

EDIT 8/10/21: Everyone interested in Ethereum we could do a governance model over there like we already do using free public goods (plug and play DAO from 1Hive... I believe they run on Rinkeby to keep costs minimal too):

https://gardens.1hive.org/

Have a look. You can import your own token for governance.

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2021, 08:30:25 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2021, 02:45:55 PM by realdantreccia

Yeah just reiterating I'm thoroughly intrigued and would love to see this happen. Also gives us a way to get into DeFi lending yet a way to still hodl our preciouses.

Smiley

EDIT: smeagol, got thru to Fernando (develCuy) and he confirmed that if you write the contract to wrap DVC it is most definitely worthy of a bounty!

PS, welcome back OG:

Edit: I read the bounty page and it says I can get 3/5 of a share for a DVC unicode symbol. Here it is:
Đ as in Đevcoin

That's neat, I had no idea there was a unicode symbol like that. It's been added to the gallery:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_gallery

You get 3/5 of a share, three 3/5 of a share symbol bounties remain.

Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: