Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
realdantreccia

Activity: 665
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2023, 06:27:57 PM

Happy 2023 Devcoiners.

From the many one, from one, the source

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2023, 04:34:13 PM

Dear Devcoin community,

2023 is starting with the following challenge:

For the last few years devtome.com has been running on humble infrastructure provided by the Devcoin Foundation (DF). Given the current bear market and expected market down trend to Bitcoin at $12k or even $9k, the DF budget has become very constrained and we can't afford to keep devtome.com online anymore. Just for the record, DEVTome server requires a budget of US$25 monthly or US$300 a year. We are open to accept donations from the community in order to keep it online, but if we don't get enough money by end of week, it will shutdown till we can raise the funds.

Thanks for your understanding,

--
DevElCuy
Marshall, Devcoin Foundation

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2023, 06:10:38 PM

ping... markm

You were wondering on May 25, 2014 in a deleted post what your cyclos bank was. I think we need to add more dApps to Devcoin. Lets start with the old - People could use DVC and Cyclos.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;msg=2004119

I have set up Cyclos again so we can take a look at what it can do for us.

http://dvcstable02.devcoin.org:8080

So far it only knows of one currency, Devcoins (DVC).

It is easy to set up for one currency as you just change the name of the default "Units" currency it comes with.

Adding more could be complicated as there are a whole bunch of different types of transactions you have to decide whether your currency is going to want to be able to use, so first you need to understand what all those different types of transactions are for and what they do. Or maybe at least know which ones the default currency has set up and what its setups for them all are so you can set up another currency with the same capabilities as the default currency.

It can only do up to six decimals too, unfortunately.

Supposedly this thing has apps for various phones, and merchant buy buttons type of stuff for merchants to use on their websites, and handling for loans and gosh knows what-all else. (Ads pages for example, where members can advertise things they want to buy or sell.)

Notice we do not have a https certificate for devcoin.org but since the machine it is on is at a third party datacentre anyway the people hosting the machine can already anyway go in and hack or steal anything they choose, just like happened to sites that were hosted at linode or rackspace (or both) or wherever. So really using https might just lead to giving people a false sense of security.

THE MACHINE IS NOT IN MY PHYSICAL CUSTODY THUS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHO CAN PHYSICALLY ACCESS IT!!!

Be accordingly cautious!

It can do virtual keyboard for password for login but that tends to make logging in very inconvenient so I have set it to only use that for the "transaction password" - basically a PIN type thing - used for actual transactions.

It seems to have hard-coded limit of 4 to 12 characters (pathetically small, coose well!!!) for passwords. I have not been able to find any configuration option for increasing that.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2023, 02:55:04 AM

I think Cyclos branched into being commercial, leaving the free open source version behind maybe; though I have not checked for years.

Maybe the free open source version did end up building a team to maintain it.

Right at the moment I have too many other things to do and to research so I likely won't look into Cyclos again until/unless what it used to be good for comes up again and something becoming more needed.

https://www.cyclos.org/faq/#costs

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 01, 2023, 08:07:37 PM

Dear Devcoin community,

2023 is starting with the following challenge:

For the last few years devtome.com has been running on humble infrastructure provided by the Devcoin Foundation (DF). Given the current bear market and expected market down trend to Bitcoin at $12k or even $9k, the DF budget has become very constrained and we can't afford to keep devtome.com online anymore. Just for the record, DEVTome server requires a budget of US$25 monthly or US$300 a year. We are open to accept donations from the community in order to keep it online, but if we don't get enough money by end of week, it will shutdown till we can raise the funds.

Thanks for your understanding,

--
DevElCuy
Marshall, Devcoin Foundation

I'm surprised that Devtome wasn't funded for years in advance. When it was at its peak, the earnings for its shares were fairly large, were they not? Or was all of the DVC kept as-is and only liquidated as needed? I don't even know how much value Devtome started bringing to the project as a whole since it had... a LOT of spam. But it was good in concept. If something like it were brought back I have a lot of ideas on how to actually enhance it for both end-users and sustainability.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2023, 10:39:47 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2023, 12:41:47 AM by realdantreccia

I need a time machine... Sad

BTW - willing to pay out of pocket for simple addition of this (just d/ "dot bit" domain but for Devcoin) key value pair registration on the latest Devcoin Core 22.x. It would ideally have manage and register names in the GUI like Namecoin 23.99 by domob1812.

2014 - the original idea:

https://forum.namecoin.org/viewtopic.php?p=11606&sid=c8ea1be2c6cf47e505a66ca65e5931ad#p11606

Namecoin 23.99 client for simple d/ directory registration in the Devcoin Core QT is what I want:

https://github.com/domob1812/namecoin-core/tree/23.x

Devcoin Core 22.x branch that I would like to add the Manage and Register names tabs to for Devcoin "d/" domains. Make them ".dvc" since Google has made ".dev" a gTLD on the clearnet:

https://github.com/devcoin/core/tree/22.x

I hope me posting this is ok. I'd love to pay someone to implement this it sounds rather simple for a dev like domob to implement. The emblem.finance guys said they'd make a Devcoin addition to their "Emblem Vault" to wrap these assets (and devcoin wallet containing these d/ ".dvc" domains) to put on open sea for Polygon or Ethereum. ("COVAL" Vault, "Circuits of Value") just like the Namecoin assets listed on OpenSea.... Good way to get DVC markets hoping again people buying DVC to make these domains ("NFT") so they can test build sites before maybe making .bit sites as people begin to develop on the dot-bit DNS instead of merely making speculative registrations... Can see good use here.

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2023, 03:45:40 AM

Thanks for the proposal Dan. Currently Devcoin blockchain is constrained to very old Bitcoin standards. The source code might be updated, but miners haven't adopted it yet. Once we have them using 22.x, we can activate more functionality that will then enable stuff like the one you propose.

Just my 2c

- DevElCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2023, 05:35:52 AM

Thanks for the proposal Dan. Currently Devcoin blockchain is constrained to very old Bitcoin standards. The source code might be updated, but miners haven't adopted it yet. Once we have them using 22.x, we can activate more functionality that will then enable stuff like the one you propose.

Just my 2c

- DevElCuy

just exploring the idea. @jaybny is an experienced coder. Said he'd look at it for us. Smiley

Why not?

Permission maybe to tinker with it on testnet?

Would it help if I bought a used ASIC off ebay to get 22.x adoption?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2023, 09:57:21 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2023, 10:30:35 AM by markm

Currently DeVCoin's only "active" income within the Galactic Milieu, as far as I am aware, is Devos Gang within the MUDgaard CoffeeMUD server.

Among the assets Devos Gang holds are a number of MUDgaard player-accounts, which are an asset for which we have yet to determine a reasonable value.

I have posted on the Hive blockchain and on Quora soliciting thoughts on how player-accounts should be priced or allocated; I hope you-all will take a moment to read and respond to the question.

Reproduction exists in MUDgaard, so at long last the arbitrary creation of characters "out of nothing" has been disabled.

Thus the two races of characters Devos Gang has been breeding (ogres and goblins) are no longer something any arbitrary player can suddenly come up with on their own; those who have none (which is everyone other than the Devos Gang) will need to convince the Devos to let them play one of their growing number of children if they want to deploy characters of those races.

Thus now not only do we need to come up with some "reasonable" system for determining allocation of player-accounts, we are in the character-breeding business; like in Axie Infinity, character breeding has become a potentially-significant part of the MUDgaard play-to-earn ecosystem.

Those players who were canny enough to secure player-accounts during the over a decade now that MUDgaard has been running are now in a position to leverage their holdings more powerfully than ever.

Securing of additional player-accounts will be under some pressure going forward from the demand created by character-breeding, as each player-account only supports ten characters (only five of which can be online simultaneously). Once an account is full, it will have no room for newly come of age children to become playable characters within the account of the parent or guardian they are following at the time of their coming-of-age.

See also https://peakd.com/galactic-milieu/@knotwork/leveraging-devcoins-mudgaard-galactic-milieu-holdings

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2023, 01:30:50 AM

Currently DeVCoin's only "active" income within the Galactic Milieu, as far as I am aware, is Devos Gang within the MUDgaard CoffeeMUD server.

Among the assets Devos Gang holds are a number of MUDgaard player-accounts, which are an asset for which we have yet to determine a reasonable value.

I have posted on the Hive blockchain and on Quora soliciting thoughts on how player-accounts should be priced or allocated; I hope you-all will take a moment to read and respond to the question.

Reproduction exists in MUDgaard, so at long last the arbitrary creation of characters "out of nothing" has been disabled.

Thus the two races of characters Devos Gang has been breeding (ogres and goblins) are no longer something any arbitrary player can suddenly come up with on their own; those who have none (which is everyone other than the Devos Gang) will need to convince the Devos to let them play one of their growing number of children if they want to deploy characters of those races.

Thus now not only do we need to come up with some "reasonable" system for determining allocation of player-accounts, we are in the character-breeding business; like in Axie Infinity, character breeding has become a potentially-significant part of the MUDgaard play-to-earn ecosystem.

Those players who were canny enough to secure player-accounts during the over a decade now that MUDgaard has been running are now in a position to leverage their holdings more powerfully than ever.

Securing of additional player-accounts will be under some pressure going forward from the demand created by character-breeding, as each player-account only supports ten characters (only five of which can be online simultaneously). Once an account is full, it will have no room for newly come of age children to become playable characters within the account of the parent or guardian they are following at the time of their coming-of-age.

See also https://peakd.com/galactic-milieu/@knotwork/leveraging-devcoins-mudgaard-galactic-milieu-holdings

-MarkM-

Just left my takes on the specifics in the comments section with quotations from a very thorough article of MarkM's vision in a Hive blog titled:

Maybe the Galactic Milieu CAN integrate non-'free open source' games afterall... [17 days old - sorry took me awhile, real life is a bit much right now!]

It's a great read and a wonderful plan. Pretty simple to understand if you've used tokens and played a game or two on chain by now Smiley. If you read the comments section below there's discussion with me and mark. Mark - I left a lot more detailed commentary on the rest of the article since your last response. I recommend everyone read - Mark's got a great idea how to make the core of our Devcoin metaverse he's crafted over the past 13 years relevant to the mainstream crypto gamers. Splinterlands (spoiler) is a VERY popular game in blockchain/web 3 p2e gaming!

Link:

https://hive.blog/galactic/@knotwork/maybe-the-galactic-milieu-can-integrate-non-free-open-source-games-afterall

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2023, 05:35:59 AM

-MarkM-

Just left my takes on the specifics in the comments section with quotations from a very thorough article of MarkM's vision in a Hive blog titled:

Maybe the Galactic Milieu CAN integrate non-'free open source' games afterall... [17 days old - sorry took me awhile, real life is a bit much right now!]

It's a great read and a wonderful plan. Pretty simple to understand if you've used tokens and played a game or two on chain by now Smiley. If you read the comments section below there's discussion with me and mark. Mark - I left a lot more detailed commentary on the rest of the article since your last response. I recommend everyone read - Mark's got a great idea how to make the core of our Devcoin metaverse he's crafted over the past 13 years relevant to the mainstream crypto gamers. Splinterlands (spoiler) is a VERY popular game in blockchain/web 3 p2e gaming!

Link:

https://hive.blog/galactic/@knotwork/maybe-the-galactic-milieu-can-integrate-non-free-open-source-games-afterall

I read it all and I like the concept of using the NFTs in a game with actual use cases. With that said, I don't quite get how all of it ties specifically into or helps DVC...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2023, 06:39:55 PM

Just my 2c

- DevElCuy

just exploring the idea. @jaybny is an experienced coder. Said he'd look at it for us. Smiley

Why not?

started looking at namecoin and devcoin.. seems doable, but holding off for now, until there is more clarity..

so adding namecoin support requires miners to upgrade first? wondering if such an upgrade will push miner adoption.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2023, 09:02:46 AM

Just my 2c

- DevElCuy

Why not?

started looking at namecoin and devcoin.. seems doable, but holding off for now, until there is more clarity..

so adding namecoin support requires miners to upgrade first? wondering if such an upgrade will push miner adoption.

Only mark truly knows where this is going. He's written about 3,000 pages of documentation on GM. I would love to see it in action.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2023, 09:37:22 PM

Hello devcoiners,

So what is the current state of devtome re taking on new writers?

I was recently contacted by a new member to the forum who was looking to get signed up and I noticed that I am still listed as an admin to sign on new members here https://www.devtome.com/how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing

I loaded up my devcoin wallet and see that I have not received any coins for over 3 years now for any admin work hence I assume I have been removed of my duties and there is no signing up of new users.

Perhaps you could update the information on devtome to reflect this and correct https://www.devtome.com/how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing

All the best

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2023, 01:03:31 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2023, 01:21:51 PM by markm

DevTome is read-only, no-one (other than maybe who-ever is hosting it or admin of it) has write access to update it.

P.S. I posted an introduction to DeVCoin article on HIVE platform: https://peakd.com/galactic-milieu/@knotwork/intro-to-galactic-milieu-currencies-devcoin-dvc

-MarkM-

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2023, 06:02:11 AM

Hi guys. Hope you all are well. I don't know what to say other than as a retail investor in US capital markets and some worldwide fringe equities I invested with thru friends in other countries - this market is highly games and a lot more bs than I thought. The software development here tho is for real. So is our community. Why? We haven't made a penny, but besides that - I would rather know you all as community than not. So I am here and maybe one day we will push this project forward. I have respect for everyone still around here in the past years. I hope we get things going again - but also I wish you all success if you've moved on to bigger things. I have not sold one DVC since arriving here 5 years ago, and I am not upset that its impossible to sell at a profit. I do not regret being here. $6000 US is about what I pitched in at 1 satoshi or less and I am happy to have backed any of you on the other side of that trade. =P

VanKushFamily.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2024, 06:20:43 PM

This Project would have Worked if there had not been the Anti-FinShaggy Crowd.

Someone ought to pick up this Project but in the Spirit of Bitcoin Town and not Fighting those Concepts. This was such a Great Currency, awarding People for making 3D Printer Designs, and Software, etc. It was Supposed to Mine Bitcoin when Bitcoin Shut Down, that was the Whole Claim. And then they Lied about FinShaggy and said he Hired someone on Fiverr which was not True, She was a Real Fan of the Project.

Anyone who was Part of this should look at HoloZing and VKBT on TribalDEX, there are Programmers like Aggroed and Harpagon who have put some Things on GitHub and whatnot that would interest many of the Developers around DevCoin. Let's move Everything that was going on here, I remember there was Gold and Silver, there were Amazon Gift Cards that People were actually making (not Scams), and these are what Brought the Value to Devcoin, these Use Cases made it Useful. When BITCOIN was Still getting it's Legs, Devcoin was there with it Standing. Because of the Spirit of Bitcoin Town and all the People that came with that.
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2024, 09:39:25 AM

This Project would have Worked if there had not been the Anti-FinShaggy Crowd.

Someone ought to pick up this Project but in the Spirit of Bitcoin Town and not Fighting those Concepts. This was such a Great Currency, awarding People for making 3D Printer Designs, and Software, etc. It was Supposed to Mine Bitcoin when Bitcoin Shut Down, that was the Whole Claim. And then they Lied about FinShaggy and said he Hired someone on Fiverr which was not True, She was a Real Fan of the Project.

Anyone who was Part of this should look at HoloZing and VKBT on TribalDEX, there are Programmers like Aggroed and Harpagon who have put some Things on GitHub and whatnot that would interest many of the Developers around DevCoin. Let's move Everything that was going on here, I remember there was Gold and Silver, there were Amazon Gift Cards that People were actually making (not Scams), and these are what Brought the Value to Devcoin, these Use Cases made it Useful. When BITCOIN was Still getting it's Legs, Devcoin was there with it Standing. Because of the Spirit of Bitcoin Town and all the People that came with that.

We still have a chance for some emerging markets like Argentina and South America to detatch from BlackRock coin and Conbase + Binance and the other scams that have just f'd the whole vision for a wonderful project that I peg the beginning of the scam u for your USD with the creation of Ethereum. Sad but that doesn't mean our work here is over. We can start in EM and communities - hopefully what I'm working on at the moment gives us capital and if we solve the central gateway product we may have something local and possible now that Argentina has legalized any currency one wants to try implementing locally in the Milei Libertarian Admin deregulation decree in Dec 2023/and early 2024 - to get our own growth and value out of this project. I hate to say it but that's the best shot I think we have. I am considering relocation for some investments down there and have some cool people I've met who are impressed with the last years growth I have been able to make in solid, non sexy but ground up (outpacing bitcoin and NVDA even) since 2023 and in Q1 2024. My goal was to find a way to launch something here for this project with some money behind it to get people using but if we can solve the whole onboarding middle man shit that has imo ruined Bitcoin - perhaps we grow locally, regionally and country wide to serve purpose of Devcoin - pay decentralized developers to make this project better and better.

The whole reason I went on a lesser push for marketing Devcoin was because I have been taking it upon myself to partner up since 2023 began and we have seen a lot of self-capitalization success in the gains me and a buddy made with all our money we put in to start the fund grows and so has our network. You'd be surprised who we have interested in having us out to learn under them as well as on site (I would say courtship) of us to at least be part of their Argentine luxury real estate developmentsd and housing development in Mendoza's wine region with a 5 star resort on site. Argentina is a great place to exist we can go very official there in ways that the Northern hemisphere would prob not be favorable to. And it won't cost too much but I said F it we need capital and along the way I've learned there's chances for us yet. Esp in the dev community and local exchange. People are buying currencies or whatever to cash for dollars or bot trade - they are using them. If we have a usable currency with a purpose - we gain a base of people using our free from corruption and BlackRock / central middlemen full of corrupt actors like Coinbase Binance and FTX. And TETHER. Nah lets just go where we're welcome. Lets grow it before BTC and its bullshit spreads where the use of Devcoin can begin as intended. It will have value - who knows where it will go but use is the first step. Capital will help. We need gateways solved tho. Fiat to DVC and vice versa needs AUTOmation, transparency, and no centralized Coinbase/FTX bogus on ramps - if we solve this. We got the biggest problem in the state of BTC fixed. In a place using DVC will be far cheaper and far less corrupted!

It sickens me to see the frauds since 2017 Binance - Tether - FTX - and so on just purely be to ciphon USD from crypto token investors and shady centralized exchange practices - but we do have our own blockchain. We have talent. I'm not ready to give up. And I know at least now, local crypto is legal nation wide in Argentina. Perhaps having develCuy down in Peru and me at least having some part time presence in Argentina along with a pretty amazing and wealthy wall st vet who is impressed with me and my partner so much for investing in Argentina before 2023 began even and seeing the potential that he invited us next fall to go to a Entrepeneur and young Executive on site training program with former Lehman SVP and Board of Directors exp 1990's Wall St titans and Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae former executives on his staff - we can maybe even get funding there. I think a need for a local currency for devs and dev work which I could put money into in USD might be a possible lifeline to resurrect us.

But I'm done with BlackRock controlled BTC. And Conbase etc. They failed us. They steal. We need to try ground up local - regional growth in a legalized local crypto currency Argentina I think. Even use within Argentina would be awesome. Libertarian free market economics and pro private sector figuring out what they want to do and who to trade with with reduced public sector interference? Sign us up.

The Milei admin is Austrian Economics - we could probably find Szabo at some point even to come help. We don't have to start over we just need to figure out a way to grow.

I'm down after I hit the ground there in Q3 2024 and move part time by 2025. I hope we can muster a comeback. Remote work for y'all obviously is possible but I figure being on the ground to market and financially back a start in this we might have a chance. Bitcoin is expensive, local currencies and blockchains are already a thing in the first legal days of the Milei legalization of all currencies.

I love our project and team. Who is to say it's over?

Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442]
  Print  

Jump to: