Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:45:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 05:08:48 PM

Any one know why no rating pages were generated for Round 42?  Any updates on new projects and direction of DVC/Devtome?  Thanks.

Papa

A nice outline of direction can be found at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_division_proposal. It even has fancy pie graphs. Smiley

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novacadian

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 06:48:14 PM

We are under a heavy bombardment of spammer postings on our forum. Any forum admins who could check daily to ban and clear out the barrage would be helpful. Have written to 1031 to look into a better security mod yet no reply as of yet. This is an hour a day activity on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Email Verification has been put in place at http://coinzen.org. It seemed the only means to deal with the spammer attack at present.

- Nova

unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:58:58 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 06:20:25 PM by unclejed613

i think some of the payment scripts may be broken..... i have a user i signed up who has written several articles over the last few months... and he has yet to see a "devdime"...... and with the current price of devcoin (4 satoshis... really?Huh??) something really needs to be fixed......

i was going to continue a series i started.... but i'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth it.... i'm continuing to work on it offline.... but if nothing changes in the devcoin world........ let's just say there are better outlets for my audio magic.......   their names are Denon.... Marantz.... Yamaha..... you like paying Big Bucks for what was to be a nearly free design?Huh?? i saw a lot of potential for devcoin as a means of promoting great ideas..... and i still want to publish the rest of my series on devtome first.... but it has to be a worthwhile project to continue.... the "open source" amplifier project by itself is worthwhile, but if the reward on devtome dwindles below the ability to even sell the devcoins it produces (most exchanges have a threshold below which the coin is useless for trading because they don't allow such low values entered).... then where do i go?Huh  to companies i know where i have a little bit of an "in".... that might pay huge amounts of cash for a design ready made.... and for devcoin's sake i'd rather not go that route.... i really think devcoin has a place in the world economy, and a very good mission.... if it can be kept from the crash it seems to be creating for itself at the moment.
unclejed613

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:02:07 PM

and to the idiot who is offering 100 nanoDVC per year as a "giveaway" (remember, one can only claim this "giveaway once per year)  on various exchanges you are not only an idiot, but one of the people who are actively devaluing DVC by your antics (giving away 100 nanoDVC per year? R U Serious?Huh?  U R A M0R0N)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:33:18 AM

and to the idiot who is offering 100 nanoDVC per year as a "giveaway" (remember, one can only claim this "giveaway once per year)  on various exchanges you are not only an idiot, but one of the people who are actively devaluing DVC by your antics (giving away 100 nanoDVC per year? R U Serious?Huh?  U R A M0R0N)
U cant send that amount in the wallet anyway
tayfun73

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:45:07 AM

i think some of the payment scripts may be broken..... i have a user i signed up who has written several articles over the last few months... and he has yet to see a "devdime"...... and with the current price of devcoin (4 satoshis... really?Huh??) something really needs to be fixed......

i was going to continue a series i started.... but i'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth it.... i'm continuing to work on it offline.... but if nothing changes in the devcoin world........ let's just say there are better outlets for my audio magic.......   their names are Denon.... Marantz.... Yamaha..... you like paying Big Bucks for what was to be a nearly free design?Huh?? i saw a lot of potential for devcoin as a means of promoting great ideas..... and i still want to publish the rest of my series on devtome first.... but it has to be a worthwhile project to continue.... the "open source" amplifier project by itself is worthwhile, but if the reward on devtome dwindles below the ability to even sell the devcoins it produces (most exchanges have a threshold below which the coin is useless for trading because they don't allow such low values entered).... then where do i go?Huh  to companies i know where i have a little bit of an "in".... that might pay huge amounts of cash for a design ready made.... and for devcoin's sake i'd rather not go that route.... i really think devcoin has a place in the world economy, and a very good mission.... if it can be kept from the crash it seems to be creating for itself at the moment.

I agree with you. I wrote several articles some months ago, but have refrained due to the crash in price. I have not sold a single devcoin on any exchange so that the price will not crash, but unfortunately it seems there are some who are selling their coins as soon as they get them. I wrote a whole novella for the site, and if i look at it now i think i may have made 20 or 30 dollars from it at best. If these problems aren't looked at soon, we are going down to one satoshi because those walls on vircurex are getting eaten away as we speak. Also the devs need to look at the people who are associated with the coin, with one known crypto scammer ($2.5m usd) working on the project. For what is claimed to be an 'ethical' project, the people in charge need to disassociate such shady characters from this project.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:51:22 AM

I agree with you. I wrote several articles some months ago, but have refrained due to the crash in price. I have not sold a single devcoin on any exchange so that the price will not crash, but unfortunately it seems there are some who are selling their coins as soon as they get them. I wrote a whole novella for the site, and if i look at it now i think i may have made 20 or 30 dollars from it at best. If these problems aren't looked at soon, we are going down to one satoshi because those walls on vircurex are getting eaten away as we speak. Also the devs need to look at the people who are associated with the coin, with one known crypto scammer ($2.5m usd) working on the project. For what is claimed to be an 'ethical' project, the people in charge need to disassociate such shady characters from this project.

Yeah, been part of the project for many months now and have spent countless hours on it, reviewing articles, writing, etc. And not selling -- actually I've bought a lot of coins over time. With it crashing like it is, I hope something gets done to help reverse it. Depressing to see such a promising project tank like this after years.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
novacadian

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 05:49:30 AM

Yeah, been part of the project for many months now and have spent countless hours on it, reviewing articles, writing, etc. And not selling -- actually I've bought a lot of coins over time. With it crashing like it is, I hope something gets done to help reverse it. Depressing to see such a promising project tank like this after years.

My advice would be to hang on to your DVCs until the changes explained in  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_division_proposal take place. It is my understanding they are expected next share split or the one after. My guess is that DVC val;ue should take a nudge upward.

- Nova

tayfun73

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:47:03 AM

I have posted about this issue in on the coinzen site, however unfortunately due to the tumbleweeds what seem to drift through there, i am posing the same question here:

Do the devs of devcoin have plans to remove a certain individual from the dev team who has scammed his customers to the tune of 2.5 million dollars? And if not, it would be great to know why. I also referenced some news websites etc which seems to have been removed.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:59:22 AM

I have posted about this issue in on the coinzen site, however unfortunately due to the tumbleweeds what seem to drift through there, i am posing the same question here:

Do the devs of devcoin have plans to remove a certain individual from the dev team who has scammed his customers to the tune of 2.5 million dollars? And if not, it would be great to know why. I also referenced some news websites etc which seems to have been removed.

Take him to court and prove it... Syscoin suing ryan kennedy y cant you? Maybe then well look at it
tayfun73

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:16:39 AM

Take him to court and prove it... Syscoin suing ryan kennedy y cant you? Maybe then well look at it

Lol are you serious? The matter is being taken to court, it is pretty black and white. He took payments for hardware and has now disappeared. Head in the sand much?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:26:10 AM

Lol are you serious? The matter is being taken to court, it is pretty black and white. He took payments for hardware and has now disappeared. Head in the sand much?
Can you link to some discussion about legal proceedings?
tayfun73

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:35:32 AM

Can you link to some discussion about legal proceedings?

I put these links on coinzen but they were removed for some reason. Please see below:

Details of lawsuit
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22912.msg230377#msg230377

News article
http://www.coindesk.com/florida-group-faces-fraud-charges-alleged-altcoin-pump-dump/

And here is nearly 600 pages of how the whole thing unfolded
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.8355

I am sure he can keep hosting your sites while he is in jail though, so i think you are sweet.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:37:29 PM

When he is found guilty by verdict im sure any of us associations here will be severed. Until then he is innocent. You can offer a replacement and if he agrees we can swap positions?
tayfun73

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

When he is found guilty by verdict im sure any of us associations here will be severed. Until then he is innocent. You can offer a replacement and if he agrees we can swap positions?

Fair enough. It is up to you now if you still wish to work with this individual on an ethical project. This embodies all that is wrong in the crypto world, it seems it is fair game to scam people as long as it does not affect their own agendas. People like this need to be outed and shunned so that it discourages similar acts in the future, however unfortunately it seems to always be the fault of the people who got taken for a ride.

Scum like this guy used his former good reputation and people trusted him however he has now done a runner with over two million dollars. Yet you have the nerve to make snide comments to myself when i am merely trying to protect this project rather than accept the issue. Is he the only guy on the planet that can help with the project? I would kindly help if i had the necessary skills and experience.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:17:55 AM

I doubt he really cares all for devcoin since he hasnt posted since devcoin was over a few hundred satoshis... Again I cant say he is guilty.. and its not life or death that he continues with this project but we do need a replacement so if you focused your effort in that maybe we wouldnt be having this conversation.. Gluck hope you recover some of your lost funds.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:44:57 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 07:55:42 AM by OleOle

Is there any truth in the rumour that more decimal places after the point are going to be provided for Devcoin so that a more realistic market rate for the currency can be established?

Although that is an artful solution to an overvalued altcoin, it hardly seems a plausible likelihood in this instance.

Huh

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:06:21 PM

Some of us explained what needed to be changed months if not years ago, why and what would happen otherwise; only to be dismissed as wrong for all manner of reasons, or just ignored. As Nova says, hopefully the changes to generation allocation will make a difference pushing the price up with positive feedback generally but there was no reason for it to be made this problematic in the first place beyond economic ignorance and misguided personal greed. Devcoin is still a great idea and there's a lot of value in a proper implementation of the concept. That requires everybody looking beyond their own best case at any particular point towards what it's meant to be about and how to achieve it, and at all levels of those involved in admin where I don't know what's happening with signups.

tayfun - no head in the sand here, but I haven't heard from jasinlee in months and I'm not an admin or dev in a position to address it.
unclejed613

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:54:41 PM

i came in as a writer, but later signed on as a signup admin because i believed in this project.... but i am somewhat dismayed at 1)at least one or more peopl i signed up have yet to be paid after 6 months.... 2)my payment as a signup admin has decreased from 5 shares to 1 share..... and 3) the price has been allowed to drop so far (i actually tried on a few occasions to boost it (somewhat successfully in a few instances))... that the return for even a few minutes of my time helping out new signups is now a burden rather than a profession.....  i will continue to help people sign up because i believe in the overall principle behind devcoin.... but there must be some changes made that make sense.... or it becomes a house of cards.....

i run a website where i write about serious political issues.... and currently i get more enjoyment from people visiting it than working for devcoins..... i really think devcoin has a lot of creativity it could bring to the world.... but some things need to drastically change for this to happen.... i'm still here and willing to do whatever i can to help.....
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

Is there any truth in the rumour that more decimal places after the point are going to be provided for Devcoin so that a more realistic market rate for the currency can be established?

Although that is an artful solution to an overvalued altcoin, it hardly seems a plausible likelihood in this instance.

Huh

no
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: