Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about faucets?  (Read 1311 times)
Kema

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 10:47:40 AM

I was going to write a serious post about inequalities in society and the daily strife for many people, but it would have turned into a combative post itself with no real gain.
Instead I'll just say this.
It's nice to see that so many people are so well off that they can consider it a waste of time, not everyone is so fortunate.
And some people actually consider this a nice low-intensity hobby that allows you to engage in various crypto-related activities for free.
It's always far easier to trash something than to build something up, please don't forget about the less fortunate and those who actually like fauceting.

Just because claiming from faucets isn't a get rich quick scheme, it doesn't mean they are inherently bad.
Faucet rewards are usually proportional to the fiat world and always has been, it doesn't matter if it says 10 or 10000 as long as purchasing power is preserved.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:54:46 PM

"
I was going to write a serious post about inequalities in society and the daily strife for many people, but it would have turned into a combative post itself with no real gain.
It's nice to see that so many people are so well off that they can consider it a waste of time, not everyone is so fortunate.
And some people actually consider this a nice low-intensity hobby that allows you to engage in various crypto-related activities for free.
It's always far easier to trash something than to build something up, please don't forget about the less fortunate and those who actually like fauceting.

Just because claiming from faucets isn't a get rich quick scheme, it doesn't mean they are inherently bad.
Faucet rewards are usually proportional to the fiat world and always has been, it doesn't matter if it says 10 or 10000 as long as purchasing power is preserved.

Nicely put mate! This is where i have started everything, in fact faucets were the one that introduced me to Bitcoin world. Since i have been here long enough, i see more people coming here and saying negative things about faucets or trying to be funny by insulting those who use faucets. I keep sharing a picture from early days of faucets where websites used to pay 5btc for each claim. I personally remember claiming over 2k satoshi every 15 min from countless of faucets. Of course, the price of 1 btc was a different story in that day. Some people like using faucets, some expect even more price increase in the future so they make a long term investment, or perhaps some people simply needs it as you mentioned it. We should be more careful and respect others."

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 06:10:08 PM

"

Nicely put mate! This is where i have started everything, in fact faucets were the one that introduced me to Bitcoin world. Since i have been here long enough, i see more people coming here and saying negative things about faucets or trying to be funny by insulting those who use faucets. I keep sharing a picture from early days of faucets where websites used to pay 5btc for each claim. I personally remember claiming over 2k satoshi every 15 min from countless of faucets. Of course, the price of 1 btc was a different story in that day. Some people like using faucets, some expect even more price increase in the future so they make a long term investment, or perhaps some people simply needs it as you mentioned it. We should be more careful and respect others."

What you say about is just your own opinion and is not helpful for other people because "wasted time" is not the same for different people.

For my "kind of faucet" users it is not waste of time.
They are enough "big" to know it by themsefves if it is or not.
My members fix the earning themselves and it works perfectly since October 2015
If an earning is market regulated,you can not say it is waste of time.
You can just say it is exactly worth the time for my members.

pafolop

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:41:30 PM

Faucets are just for beginners in the Crypto world

5b0aeb738611b
Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:20:26 AM

You may not earn much from a faucet,  but at least you get a little fun because you don't need to think hard. Faucet is an easy and quick site to visit.

Exactly. Some say it's a waste of time but it's something you can do in front of the TV which you'd be doing anyway, just not earning any free bitcoins.

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
Kema

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:33:43 AM

What you say about is just your own opinion and is not helpful for other people because "wasted time" is not the same for different people.

Dude, if you actually read my post you would notice that I said the very same thing just using different words.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 09:41:20 AM

Dude, if you actually read my post you would notice that I said the very same thing just using different words.

It would be funny if all people would use the same words wrote in the same order...(lol)

adamak2k

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:45:06 AM

In my opinion faucets are mostly waste of time. I can understand people who use them tho - an additional income is better than none, right? However, in my opinion there is so much things to do, like creating your own site and putting ads on it, but people don't want to take effort. And that's fine. Everyone does what he likes and it's right.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:03:21 PM

It does matter for fee.
Do calculation and ask yourself - "how many times do I need to claim from faucet to pay fee if reward is 10 satoshi"
10000 satoshi reward - 1 claim, 10 satoshi reward - 1000 claims which is huge difference.
Other things - keyloger(you can lose more than you think and not only faucet earnings), higher electricity bill (browser mining is very popular) and all other things from shorena's pinned post.

Can they pay monthly internet bill if they do only faucets? I know I can't.

So there you go, I gave you 4 facts(bolded) why faucets are waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, i was faucet user and I realized it is waste of time. If these facts don't bother you think about your social life or you will be sitting whole life behind monitor and you will be clicking until your eyes go bloody red because of few bucks.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:58:14 PM

It does matter for fee.
Do calculation and ask yourself - "how many times do I need to claim from faucet to pay fee if reward is 10 satoshi"
10000 satoshi reward - 1 claim, 10 satoshi reward - 1000 claims which is huge difference.
Other things - keyloger(you can lose more than you think and not only faucet earnings), higher electricity bill (browser mining is very popular) and all other things from shorena's pinned post.

Don't get me wrong, i was faucet user and I realized it is waste of time. If these facts don't bother you think about your social life or you will be sitting whole life behind monitor and you will be clicking until your eyes go bloody red because of few bucks.

Computers and cell phones are On all day long on many cases... People don't set it on just to claim on faucets. They use it for different activites and meanwhile, when there is some free time they claim some satoshis and accumulate it.

And if you use only real good faucets you won't waste your time at all... You will spend few seconds every hour with the chance to earn hundreds of Dollars in BTC or Doge (FreeBitco.in and FreeDoge.co.in faucets).

Asking today if faucet's income pay electricity bill makes faucets look really bad. But if you just accumulate your earnings I'm sure these satoshis will be very able not only to pay electricity bill, but to buy even more expensive items (who knows a house?).  Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 08:27:13 PM

It does matter for fee.

Computers and cell phones are On all day long on many cases... People don't set it on just to claim on faucets. They use it for different activites and meanwhile, when there is some free time they claim some satoshis and accumulate it.

And if you use only real good faucets you won't waste your time at all... You will spend few seconds every hour with the chance to earn hundreds of Dollars in BTC or Doge (FreeBitco.in and FreeDoge.co.in faucets).

Asking today if faucet's income pay electricity bill makes faucets look really bad. But if you just accumulate your earnings I'm sure these satoshis will be very able not only to pay electricity bill, but to buy even more expensive items (who knows a house?).  Cheesy

Why do you talk about electricity fees?
My computer is "on" all the day.
Most of electricity use is spent in heat like a TV or the ligh of my aquariums.
Ok it cost in summer,but when it is not hot all this electricity warms up my home and costs the same than my electric heaters.

Now...time spent for claiming on faucets:
I can claim watching TV or lissening the radio.
How much I earn does not realy matter because I give back the few satoshi I claim for my U2 members who claim on my site.
None can go against:
So far I can give more reward,even if it is not much,than other faucets,my U2 will have claimers...it is so and one can not go against the market.

Follow my U2 site and you will exactly know for how much in average people claim...

Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:09:25 PM

Faucets are soon to be a relic... . The whole captcha shit and the new mining virus is going to ruin the concept.

I am bad in catching falling knives, always get hurt... .
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 08:24:09 AM

Faucets are soon to be a relic... . The whole captcha shit and the new mining virus is going to ruin the concept.

It is why I propose to my visitors and members to accept or not the CPU miner and to chose the level.
They can see how much they have earned and how much other people have earned.
I find the concept great if it is honnestly proposed and if visitors can choose how use it or not.

It's not a virus...it's taken for a virus...this is not the same.
Test my miner...you will see that is not taken as virus,because you have the choice.

About the captcha:
I have as well find a new concetp:
A code on a page...and I use this page to inform members about news...so if they claim,they have read the news...

zikabra

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:02:15 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 03:29:05 PM by zikabra

Computers and cell phones are On all day long on many cases
They are on but not on sites which are using hidden browser mining. You don't see that as unnecessary electricity cost? Not to mention all adds are eating CPU power and it spends electricity.
People don't set it on just to claim on faucets. They use it for different activites and meanwhile, when there is some free time they claim some satoshis and accumulate it.
What can you possible earn if you claim from faucets while you are waiting for something?
I'll rather wash dishes or take garbage out than claim from faucet, it is much more constructive than claiming 15 satoshi from faucet.
Don't be naive.
How many times have you won 200$ from both sites? Or just one? How many users have won 200$?
I'll tell you how many times I did in last year and a half - 0 times.
What you could earn and what you are  earning are different things.
Asking today if faucet's income pay electricity bill makes faucets look really bad.
Can you cover your internet and electricity bill with faucets? You know, they are cheapest bills in most countries. Can you cover at least one?
If you can't cover at least one bill every month it is waste of time, if you need to spend 8 hours every day to cover only one bill it is waste of time.
but to buy even more expensive items (who knows a house?).  Cheesy
Only if you are one of the early bitcoin supporters when faucets were paying lots of bitcoins(not dollars) and you didn't spend any of them.
This is probably a joke, do you realize how much bitcoin has to worth for someone to buy a house just from faucets?

Follow my U2 site and you will exactly know for how much in average people claim...
I don't want to discuss with you about this topic because you are faucet owner and you have to write only positive comments to promote your site, but I will ask you this:

How much money can I earn from your faucet in one day and how much time i have to spend to earn that money?
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:43:21 PM

They are on but not on sites which are using hidden browser mining. You don't see that as unnecessary electricity cost? Not to mention all adds are eating CPU power and it spends electricity.

To use faucets you don't need to use sites with hidden browser mining feature. I think you didn't understand... There are people who have their computers On all day long for another reasons, not to mine Bitcoins or to use faucets necessarily (at work is a common example or even at home).

People don't set it on just to claim on faucets. They use it for different activites and meanwhile, when there is some free time they claim some satoshis and accumulate it.
What can you possible earn if you claim from faucets while you are waiting for something?
I'll rather wash dishes or take garbage out than claim from faucet, it is much more constructive than claiming 15 satoshi from faucet.

Lol, Some years ago there were people talking like you about faucets and now I'm sure many of them regret about not claiming 400-8000 satoshis from faucets on those days...

Don't be naive.
How many times have you won 200$ from both sites? Or just one? How many users have won 200$?
What you could earn and what you are  earning are different things.

Well, naive for me are those pessimistic that are unable to think on long term...
I think to click a "Roll" button without even solving a captcha every hour doesn't hurt anyone. Much better than physical lottery.

Asking today if faucet's income pay electricity bill makes faucets look really bad.
Can you cover your internet and electricity bill with faucets? You know, they are cheapest bills in most countries. Can you cover at least one?
If you can't cover at least one bill every month it is waste of time, if you need to spend 8 hours every day to cover only one bill it is waste of time.

I'm thinking on long term, not in paying bills on the present time with BTCs (what would be a waste of money).

but to buy even more expensive items (who knows a house?).  Cheesy
Only if you are one of the early bitcoin supporters when faucets were paying lots of bitcoins(not dollars) and you didn't spend any of them.
This is probably a joke, do you realize how much bitcoin has to worth for someone to buy a house just from faucets?

Compared to the next decade we are early adopters too... In 10 years people will regret a lot about not using faucets like some people regret now about not using it on the first years of Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zikabra

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:40:56 PM

To use faucets you don't need to use sites with hidden browser mining feature. I think you didn't understand... There are people who have their computers On all day long for another reasons, not to mine Bitcoins or to use faucets necessarily (at work is a common example or even at home).
Apples and oranges, having computer ON all day long is not the same thing as using computer for faucets. It is bad example because if you are using it for work then it pays your bills, food, clothes etc, so why would you waste time to collect 15-20 satoshi if you are working for real money? Isn't that purpose of faucets, to earn free bitcoins?
Btw, how do you know that faucets are not mining monero using their users CPU? Do you check task manager each time when you visit them? They can use for example 50-60% of your CPU power and you won't even realize it.

Lol, Some years ago there were people talking like you about faucets and now I'm sure many of them regret about not claiming 400-8000 satoshis from faucets on those days...
As I said I was faucet user and I remember times when you could claim 400-8000 or even more satoshi from faucets. Even then it was waste of time.
Imagine if you haven't ate pizza and beer for 10$ and you bought bitcoins worth 10$ when bitcoin price was 300$ now you could have 230$. Isn't that much better than claiming from faucets? Comparing time and effort - buying bitcoins for 10$ - few minutes, claiming from faucet - a month? Nothing has changed in my opinion.

Don't be naive.
What you could earn and what you are  earning are different things.

Well, naive for me are those pessimistic that are unable to think on long term...
I think to click a "Roll" button without even solving a captcha every hour doesn't hurt anyone. Much better than physical lottery.
Time and effort, you know? I had the same opinion on both sites and I decided not to use them any more. 550+ days claiming from faucets, never won 200$ and even if win 200$ it would be 200$/550days=0.36 cents/day of my time.

I'm thinking on long term, not in paying bills on the present time with BTCs (what would be a waste of money).
Since when is 20 satoshi long term?
but to buy even more expensive items (who knows a house?).  Cheesy
Compared to the next decade we are early adopters too... In 10 years people will regret a lot about not using faucets like some people regret now about not using it on the first years of Bitcoin.
That is something for longer discussion  Wink
Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:35:46 AM

In my opinion faucets are mostly waste of time. I can understand people who use them tho - an additional income is better than none, right? However, in my opinion there is so much things to do, like creating your own site and putting ads on it, but people don't want to take effort. And that's fine. Everyone does what he likes and it's right.

I agree that creating your own site etc is going to earn you more in the long run but a lot of people don't have the technical know-how to do this. That's another benefit of faucets - they're so easy to use anyone can do it and as they get more confident they're going to start using bitcoin more which can only be a good thing.
People need to understand that you're not going to make you're millions from faucets, but you can pick up a few dollars/pounds in coins if you use the right faucets and strategy. As long as people go in it knowing this then I can only see faucets as a good thing.
I agree with other posters about the browser mining situation - visitors must give consent for this otherwise it's going to put loads of people off. Out of principle I instantly click away from sites that automatically start mining.

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: