Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:14:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Bitcoin Mining is a Cover?  (Read 3997 times)
supercoiner

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:38:38 PM

It is jezus, must be jezus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 05:40:25 PM

What if the NSA created Bitcoin, and the mining network was created to help them process the billions of phone calls they record every day?  Shocked  Grin

Your close, but it was not NSA, and the reason is different

What use is a signature?
sirvoodoo

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:16:49 PM

crypto is just another way to get everyone used to a digital currency. I mean we're pretty much there. cc's, debit cards, wire transfer, soon paper money will be gone.  everything is digital. Then the great crash, followed by the reboot.
I mean wasn't the governments fault. Some crazy hackers destroyed the world currency. Don't worry people the government will protect you.
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

crypto is just another way to get everyone used to a digital currency. I mean we're pretty much there. cc's, debit cards, wire transfer, soon paper money will be gone.  everything is digital. Then the great crash, followed by the reboot.
I mean wasn't the governments fault. Some crazy hackers destroyed the world currency. Don't worry people the government will protect you.

The only thing you can trust is government money. These are backed by trust in government, which is pretty high by average Joe
cWq34#9tH-3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:23:34 PM

I merely asked the questions: has anybody actually examined the code?

Yes. Many people have examined the code. Many.

Why don't you stop asking about it and go examine it yourself? Even if you can't read code you should be able to see a gaping security hole like phoning home to the NSA. It would stick out like a sore thumb and bitcoin would not be where it is today.

It wouldn't have made it past the first week.

Well then you should have no trouble answering my question.

I already did. Go do your own research and quit relying on others to do it for you.

I'm sorry if my question hurt you feelings, but let me correct you on a couple things and then maybe you can quit the thinly veiled personal attacks. 1. I did not ask anyone to examine the code for me; I asked if the code had been examined for backdoors or malicious activity by anyone; and if it had, I asked who that was and for links: IOW, something called PROOF. 2. In the time I have had so far to examine the links you gave me, not one of them has said anyone had examined the code for that. 3. I pointed out your logical failure-contradiction in insisting that code must be open-source so that it was open to examination but then insisting that examining it was not important. 4. I never said that I didn't read code. 5. I have examined numerous open-source programs, because brother, (despite what you wish to assume) I do read code and probably have since you were in diapers. But I have my own life and was hoping to find someone cooperative and helpful in here who would kindly answer a reasonable question and instead I found an illogical troll who for some reason is highly sensitive about having this program questioned.
fiddelingones

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:28:36 PM

What if the NSA created Bitcoin, and the mining network was created to help them process the billions of phone calls they record every day?  Shocked  Grin

No it was created by computer nerd

a1phanumrc

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:47:05 PM

Why don't you stop asking about it and go examine it yourself? Even if you can't read code you should be able to see a gaping security hole like phoning home to the NSA. It would stick out like a sore thumb and bitcoin would not be where it is today.

I already did. Go do your own research and quit relying on others to do it for you.

I'm sorry if my question hurt you feelings, but let me correct you on a couple things and then maybe you can quit the thinly veiled personal attacks. 1. I did not ask anyone to examine the code for me; I asked if the code had been examined for backdoors or malicious activity by anyone; and if it had, I asked who that was and for links: IOW, something called PROOF. 2. In the time I have had so far to examine the links you gave me, not one of them has said anyone had examined the code for that. 3. I pointed out your logical failure-contradiction in insisting that code must be open-source so that it was open to examination but then insisting that examining it was not important. 4. I never said that I didn't read code. 5. I have examined numerous open-source programs, because brother, (despite what you wish to assume) I do read code and probably have since you were in diapers. But I have my own life and was hoping to find someone cooperative and helpful in here who would kindly answer a reasonable question and instead I found an illogical troll who for some reason is highly sensitive about having this program questioned.

You haven't hurt my feelings at all. You just sound like a moron.

Here, let me do some of the work for you:

* Raw code from GitHub
* Oh wow! Look at all these people reporting issues in the code!
* And Coinbase's Bug Bounty (applies to Bitcoin as well as Coinbase)
* Satoshi Client Operation: Overview
* I Tried Hacking Bitcoin And I Failed by Dan Kaminsky

And there's much more but you've already wasted enough of my energy.  Wink

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:56:20 PM

You haven't hurt my feelings at all. You just sound like a moron.

Here, let me do some of the work for you:

* Raw code from GitHub
* Oh wow! Look at all these people reporting issues in the code!
* And Coinbase's Bug Bounty (applies to Bitcoin as well as Coinbase)
* Satoshi Client Operation: Overview
* I Tried Hacking Bitcoin And I Failed by Dan Kaminsky

And there's much more but you've already wasted enough of my energy.  Wink

That still didn't answer my question. In fact, it avoids it. Obviously, my question scared you and hurt your feelings. Awe, I'm sorry. Do you need a hug?
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:58:28 PM

Awe, I'm sorry. Do you need a hug?

Aww, apology accepted.

*hug*

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

That still didn't answer my question. In fact, it avoids it. Obviously, my question scared you and hurt your feelings. Awe, I'm sorry. Do you need a hug?

Sure it does.

(And I'm assuming that you don't use any proprietary closed source software like Windows, because, you know, people can't look the code for malware...)

And why people say "it's open source it's safe" and you keep asking for authority that verified the code, and the aforementioned answer is a good one, specially with bitcoin, because there are lots of projects based on bitcoin, like litecoin, namecoin, ppcoin, terracoin, and many others, this is pretty usual with popular free open source software.

You do realize that for someone to alter bitcoin they have to look the code, and keep looking, if they don't wanna go a completely different way...

And there are lots of altcoins out there, so, lots of people looking...

cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:09:26 AM

Sure it does.

(And I'm assuming that you don't use any proprietary closed source software like Windows, because, you know, people can't look the code for malware...)

And why people say "it's open source it's safe" and you keep asking for authority that verified the code, and the aforementioned answer is a good one, specially with bitcoin, because there are lots of projects based on bitcoin, like litecoin, namecoin, ppcoin, terracoin, and many others, this is pretty usual with popular free open source software.

You do realize that for someone to alter bitcoin they have to look the code, and keep looking, if they don't wanna go a completely different way...

And there are lots of altcoins out there, so, lots of people looking...

Well golly gee, with all the ppl using it, of course the odds would be phenomenal that someone hasn't examined the code. But I've seen stranger things happen. Anyhow, it was just a question.
Jim.B

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:03:02 AM

Yeah, people say you can look at the source code yourself (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin) and know that it doesn't do any such thing.

But have you looked at the source code? It's full of secret government-looking code like this:

Code:
class AcceptedConnection
{
public:
    virtual ~AcceptedConnection() {}
    virtual std::iostream& stream() = 0;
    virtual std::string peer_address_to_string() const = 0;
    virtual void close() = 0;
};

By golly, who can understand gobeldygook like that? Until someone writes the code out in plain 'merican for us, we should just assume that it's part of the one-world government plan to obamacare the lizard people on the 9/11 faked moonlanding.

#feedingthetroll
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:08:23 AM

Yeah, people say you can look at the source code yourself (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin) and know that it doesn't do any such thing.

But have you looked at the source code? It's full of secret government-looking code like this:

Code:
class AcceptedConnection
{
public:
    virtual ~AcceptedConnection() {}
    virtual std::iostream& stream() = 0;
    virtual std::string peer_address_to_string() const = 0;
    virtual void close() = 0;
};

By golly, who can understand gobeldygook like that? Until someone writes the code out in plain 'merican for us, we should just assume that it's part of the one-world government plan to obamacare the lizard people on the 9/11 faked moonlanding.

#feedingthetroll

See there's a lot of std's right there, this bitcoin thing is just a  plot to give us aids!!11

atm44

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:21:05 AM

lool
Its open source!
it even has been modified for bitcoin-related proyects like litlebitoin, chinacoin, zerocoin, etc!
I assume you buy a coffe and then run some of it in a HPLC cobinated with a mass spectrometer to be sure its coffe!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
R04dRunn3r

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:22:31 PM

Made me laugh reading this, I was thinking the same a while ago.
The Bitcoin network could Burt force any encrypted key in matter of seconds.
You only have to find a way to inject password hashes camouflaged as valid BC shares, and how knows, maybe US government has the capability to do that.
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:26:38 PM

You only have to find a way to inject password hashes camouflaged as valid BC shares, and how knows, maybe US government has the capability to do that.

Shhhh...don't tell people that. It attracts cowardly disinformation trolls who will come in here and call people names.... They do it here rather than face-to-face because they are cowards. And they are often shills working for the g because they need something to make them feel tough, rather than accepting themselves as the spoiled rotten pos crybaby-sissies that they are.
blackswan

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:53:38 PM

The bitcoin hashing power has outpaced the computing power of the world's best supercomputers after all...

Live trade feeds and tools Kryptotrader.
Creative Director at Pixelmess.  Personal work:  Behance
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:19:29 PM

Shhhh...don't tell people that. It attracts cowardly disinformation trolls who will come in here and call people names.... They do it here rather than face-to-face because they are cowards. And they are often shills working for the g because they need something to make them feel tough, rather than accepting themselves as the spoiled rotten pos crybaby-sissies that they are.
Heh, I see what you did there. Anyway, I've never been more interested in looking at the source code, so here I go.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
crypto_boy

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:42:20 PM

Scary story bro!
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:22:06 PM

Heinlein's Razor

Also, the government we have is bad enough as it is. It doesn't need conspiracy theories
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: