Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:24:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin actually just a Investment coin?  (Read 3144 times)
caretaker (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:43:41 PM

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually just pure Investment. It always looks like that everyone just talks about how great the Technology is although they secretly want to get super rich with a always raising price. Of course it's used with several shopping or daily things, but that's just such a small part of it.
During that, people who don't want to take the risk to invest call it a "Bubble" and people who don't want to lose their money just make kind of stupid speculations without any arguments.

In the end (just my opinion) the price of Bitcoin is controlled by all the media (that's hyping bitcoin and talking about it everywhere) and all the really big bitcoin whales with e.g. like 10000+ coins can actually effect the market the most. Imagine what a few people with a huge amount of bitcoins could work out together to control the market and making money.

It's just weird, because it turns this, what everyone calls it, great technology in the end just to a fully commercial object to earn money. Which would be probably also the reason why it stays and raises all the time, because it's normal that everyone wants to make a big amount of money with this little effort.

Let me know what you guys think and please don't give me this non argumented one liner like in all the other threads Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:54:48 PM

It is difficult to understand that but yes, actually a lot of people are introducing theirselves only to make money from it, not to take advantage of the uses of bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrencies in general.
A lot of people are only buying bitcoins to increase their portfolio's money, so i am not impressed for saying that bitcoin is just like an investment, but the main idea of bitcoin was just to be like a new "currency" only that it is digital..
caretaker (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:00:43 PM

yeah sorry, I actually mixed up two topics in this one: 1. Bitcoin is just a investment coin and 2. How the price is controlled.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:15:52 PM

yeah sorry, I actually mixed up two topics in this one: 1. Bitcoin is just a investment coin and 2. How the price is controlled.

You invest in bitcoin and you invest in project that is in development stage. Main use can be investment, in early
stages before project comes to an end and full capacity is the best time for buying and holding.
   People use bitcoins for other things, to mention just some of them: gambling, buying other alt-coins or ICO`s,
buying/selling goods, and more. Who ever spent bitcoin now regret cause of that, they overpaid what ever they
bought. Keeping bitcoin as an investment is much more profitable then spending them.
   I do not agree with your opinion that bitcoin is controlled by the media, they control some people. With spinning
news they can create rise in demand with good news or panic among people that will start panic selling and drop
in the price. Bitcoin is controlled by the people who owns bitcoins and people who mine bitcoins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:46:07 PM

Well for me yes i am only investing and trading bitcoin and other altcoins to earn profit. Right now i do not have any plan to spend my bitcoin to purchase or pay something. Most of the people are now treating bitcoin or altcoins as investment since they are speculating that bitcoins price as well as altcoins price will go up i am the future. I know some people are still using it for payment or converting it to FIAT and in a sense they treat it as a currency. There is nothing wrong with that but i am really optimistic that bitcoin price will double or triple in the near future.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 574

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:49:18 PM

It is difficult to understand that but yes, actually a lot of people are introducing theirselves only to make money from it, not to take advantage of the uses of bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrencies in general.
A lot of people are only buying bitcoins to increase their portfolio's money, so i am not impressed for saying that bitcoin is just like an investment, but the main idea of bitcoin was just to be like a new "currency" only that it is digital..

Well initially as I understand it, bitcoin was designed to be a P2P and not as a investment. But lately, when the price soars and the big boys comes and join the fun, bitcoin became as a investment platform. That's why its gonna be hard to attain it as mode of payment now because its now treated as a investment instrument by the super rich.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Rekonn

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:56:15 PM

Just a clarification - buying Bitcoin to wait for the an increase just to sell it for profit is more trading than investing. Investing in bitcoin would be holding over the long term.
djimbim0

Activity: 109
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:59:05 PM

Just a clarification - buying Bitcoin to wait for the an increase just to sell it for profit is more trading than investing. Investing in bitcoin would be holding over the long term.

Yes, investing in bitcoin for a long time can make us rich. I think that this will be possible in a few years. And I do not understand those people who say that it's too late to invest in bitcoin

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:00:30 PM

Well initially as I understand it, bitcoin was designed to be a P2P and not as a investment. But lately, when the price soars and the big boys comes and join the fun, bitcoin became as a investment platform. That's why its gonna be hard to attain it as mode of payment now because its now treated as a investment instrument by the super rich.

Yes of course, bitcoin has been created only to revolutionate the way of sending money, receiving, and a new way to stop banks, but people has changed that during the years, people are only investing because they see that they can be so rich just by buying and waiting some time. And i not saying this because this is what i think, i am only saying this because you can see it on every thread that talks about the price of bitcoin.
This is annoying, but anyway, those kind of people are those who keeps the price high.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:12:39 PM

Well for me honestly use it for payment processor.. because i was hard to make a document like Id's in my country that is why i use bitcoin when dealing to someone online because i can buy bitcoin fast without ID verification..
I was late to know about the price increase that i thought bitcoin just use only for payment purposes both right now you can use for investment and for dealing to someone or buy services or shopping.
Bitcoin is investment but not majority i think they are just use it before for payment processor i see in  my  facebook group and skype group when dealing they are using bitcoin as payment..
Here in online we are using bitcoin as payment like buying domain in namecheap.. or buying credits in steam..
We are in new world and this type if payment processor are looking for people who wanted to give their identity to others and getting benefits of price increases..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
roccstar

Activity: 174
Merit: 150

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:28:23 PM

Actually bitcoin is a payment processor and it is made for that purpose. I also considered bitcoin as a new mode of payment method at the beginning. But now I consider it as a investment coin and frankly speaking its one of the best investment methods available at the present. My mind is not allowing me to use bitcoin as a payment option nowadays because of its constant increase in its value.
~Spawn~

Activity: 33
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:32:24 PM
Merited by CloudStrife (2)

It is a very speculative asset, but you might be ignoring or underestimating the number of people who choose it as a way for diversification and preservation of their wealth.

The fact that it is the first and only unseizable asset ever created opens the possibility for multi-billion dollar investments in the furure.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:33:42 PM

Nope. Bitcoin is designed for decentralization. Bitcoin was meant to be an alternative to our current financial system. But the way i see it. People preferred Bitcoin as an investment. Lets admit the fact that we only use Bitcoin to generate good profits from it. They appreciate it's value not as a digital currency because no one wants to spend it. That's why the price keeps going up. Even those altcoins. We only buy them to increase our profits. People don't care about them as a currency but as an investment. That's the truth.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:34:20 PM

To me, it seems kind of crazy to use Bitcoin to buy things, given how fast its price appreciates.  Like the guy who bought a pizza for 10,000 BTC ... that's now a 60 million dollar Pizza.  It is perhaps Bitcoin's success as a growth investment that makes it a failure as a currency.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:39:29 PM

Bitcoin meant to be a currency with its feature of decentralization, but for now most people use bitcoin and other cryptos to trade and a way to make money as you mentioned.
It's happen due to bitcoin acceptance in countries are different, maybe there are more people who knows and use bitcoin in Japan and US compare to third world countries.
Then, the most significant thing of bitcoin usability is merchants, stores, business, companies which accept bitcoin payment, if people could spend bitcoin to cover their daily needs or pay all of their bills, bitcoin will get more adopters who willing to use it everyday as a currency.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:41:19 PM

Bitcoin is everything for me. Yes it is an investment and a big source of income for me. I get paid in my web development services using bitcoin. I also earning money by trading bitcoin to other altcoins. I all pay my bills using bitcoin.

I think the title says it all.

After a long time of thinking, reading and also investing a bit into Bitcoin I have to say that it looks for me that the main use is actually  .............

annanava

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:00:33 PM

Let's see, bitcoin was created to be another type of currency -cryptocurrency, digital money-, and right now it has been used for that. Also other people see it like an investment, because they change dollars into bitcoins, for example, and when the price of the bitcoin goes up, they make more dollars.
Also it depends on the facility to use the bitcoins to buy goods and services.
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:01:19 PM

It's true now that many people use bitcoin as a long term investment. Although there are still people who like the way in trading bitcoin, but it depends on ourselves.
You want to choice first or second.  Wink
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:05:17 PM

i have read here on bitcointalk that some people say that bitcoin is no longer being used for what is was invented for.
because of its rapid growth is is becoming further and further out of some peoples grasp to buy.
it is becoming more of an investment coin in my opinion and investments from wealthier people.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:18:28 PM

I think it is correct that Bitcoin is mainly used as investment option because due to the price fluctuation, it is only good for investment purpose but not good for becoming currency and competing with fiat currency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: