Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying asic mining shares? are they insane?  (Read 9314 times)
miTgiB

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

Du hast

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:33:00 AM

They haven't got enough hashing power to maintain 30%. BFL hash about 400 Th/s incoming...

Sure they do...two weeks, right?

Maybe not 2 weeks, but some day others will enter, so to dismiss that fact is equally foolish as the OP saying we're all fools for owning ASICMINER shares.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:46:34 AM

stages of childhood:
1. Find out Santa Clause isn't real, cry, move on
2. Find out BFL isn't real, cry, move on

It's okay, kid.. some day you'll grow up to be big like us
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:01:39 PM

stages of childhood:
1. Find out Santa Clause isn't real, cry, move on
2. Find out BFL isn't real, cry, move on

It's okay, kid.. some day you'll grow up to be big like us

This "X sucks therefore Y" nonsense....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:19:11 PM

This "X sucks therefore Y" nonsense....

No really, do you drink a bottle of wine then come troll the forums?

Shouldn't you be trolling the official AM thread?

You know most have read your bull there and pay no mind to you (you stopped coming after you made blatant hater predictions that ended up being wrong?). I really shouldn't bother, but...

It's directly relevant because the person to which he responded basis his calculations on BFL, Avalon, Bitfury, KnC, and 100TH all shipping and coming online so quick that AM can't maintain 20-25% network share. If X if BFL, then X sucks, and X is not shipping shit close to their estimate, therefore Y is AM, and AM has a proven track record on estimates and delivery, and based on Y's estimates, it can keep up X's actual delivery record.

Mabsark says AM needs 6500 TH/s. At 20%, that's an additional 32500 TH/s by October (ha!).

I don't know where he gets his fantasy numbers, but one thing is he seems to be calculating an AM share purely as a mining bond, which it is not. Reading what the manufacturers estimate, it's 1200 TH by October, but even that is laughable. If it were 1200 TH, AM would only need to put up 270 TH to maintain 20%. Which based on their track record, they seem fully capable of doing, unlike every other single one.

BFL: delayed (string along ponzi crap, sell product X pre-orders, delay, sell product Y pre-orders, ship some of product X, delay, sell product Z pre-orders).
Avalon: delayed and mining with your shit (so that's already part of the current network hash rate).
Bitfury: delayed and don't know they work.
KnC: canceled mars and expensive and who knows how fast they can manufacture those things.

MPOE-PR, newguy05, Mabsark, return to this thread in October for a learning experience.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:32:40 PM

This is not rocket science, it's no different than mining on your own but forced to pay a dividend each week to your brother who gave you the money to buy the hardware initially...as difficulty continue to raise.
Totally wrong.
Since they produce in-house the chips, they can cut a huge part of the costs you would have if you were ordering the hardware from there.
Also, electricity is much cheaper there.
So, BS.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:18:31 PM

You know most have read your bull there and pay no mind to you (you stopped coming after you made blatant hater predictions that ended up being wrong?). I really shouldn't bother, but...

I rarely post in most koolaid threads. This has to do with not taking the time to talk to people like you, which is to say newfags that are being idiots, rather than anything substantial.

Do carry on, you're only the what, fifth generation of sheepsies to the slaughter.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:07:00 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 10:44:42 PM by Rival

I would posit that every member of the human race can be considered insane in one fashion or another by the majority. This comes with being human, all of our judgments are passed through a unique prism of our own specific experiences. No one (and I do mean no one) has the corner on the market for truth. Understand this and you will quickly understand that trying to impose your own unique rationality upon others is futile at best, and destructive at it's worst. At any time any of us is as likely to be wrong as right.

Those who fail to realize this generally resort to name-calling or labeling when they fail to convince others that their "reality" is the only logical correct one. This would appear to a contradiction;  the person attempting to persuade others believes he is doing so out of altruism, that is, he is helping his misguided fellow man by providing him with valid information, but then lashes out when the other person is non-receptive, showing contempt for those he had originally intended to assist. This is a difficult thing to realize, and a difficult behavior to learn to overcome.

I have done well on most of my mining and investment ventures. No amount of name-calling can change the past. Please, feel free to present your case in the most logical manner you are capable of. But do not degrade the choices others make, for they are every bit as valid as yours. That is the nature of freewill and choice.

But I could be wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: