Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:13:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deprecated thread.  (Read 91678 times)
smasherx

Activity: 202
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:21:01 PM

hi, alqo dev.

I would like to know can I use your hosting to host other coins Masternodes ? thanks

There is a simple answer - No you cant.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:47:33 PM

For everyone's information, CoinsMarkets posted a pretty reassuring message so the coins should be safe  Smiley

NateBronson

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:48:56 PM

I noticed a slight change on ALQO coinmarketcap page. Coinmarketcap used to calculate market capitalization from Total supply of the coin. Now, they calculate market cap from Circulating supply which is probably Total supply less coins locked in masternodes. Nice move to make room for further growth in market cap  Wink

I noticed that this morning as well. While it is good news for outside investors to see the low marketcap – why the change? I haven’t seen any other coin be calculated by this. Why Alqo?
smasherx

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:36:07 PM

I noticed a slight change on ALQO coinmarketcap page. Coinmarketcap used to calculate market capitalization from Total supply of the coin. Now, they calculate market cap from Circulating supply which is probably Total supply less coins locked in masternodes. Nice move to make room for further growth in market cap  Wink

I noticed that this morning as well. While it is good news for outside investors to see the low marketcap – why the change? I haven’t seen any other coin be calculated by this. Why Alqo?

This change was new to the team as well and we were more or less "not happily surprised". In the end the dev decided not to directly contact CMC instead waiting a couple of days and check out if this low market cap will attract more investors eventually. Nevertheless for the fact that there is a lot of talks with financial officials, banks and so on this move from CMC was not good at all.

Lets see what the next days will look like and there will be action in that manner soon.
jackson997

Activity: 180
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:29:47 PM

when binance ??  Cool
binary0x01

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:14:11 AM

This change was new to the team as well and we were more or less "not happily surprised". In the end the dev decided not to directly contact CMC instead waiting a couple of days and check out if this low market cap will attract more investors eventually. Nevertheless for the fact that there is a lot of talks with financial officials, banks and so on this move from CMC was not good at all.

Lets see what the next days will look like and there will be action in that manner soon.

I think that's the smart way to go.
linklinklink

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:11:14 AM

Do we know how many coins were caught on the exchange and wiped out this week? I'm thinking it was probably a significant amount, especially since the ALQO team admitted they lost tons of coins.

We haven't heard a single word from the ALQO team since. Looks like everyone holding cold storage accounts suddenly became significantly wealthier. Cheesy
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:39:12 AM

Do we know how many coins were caught on the exchange and wiped out this week? I'm thinking it was probably a significant amount, especially since the ALQO team admitted they lost tons of coins.

We haven't heard a single word from the ALQO team since. Looks like everyone holding cold storage accounts suddenly became significantly wealthier. Cheesy

you mean the coins market exchange? They should be up soon again

Code:
About the down time ,

Time : 2018-01-19

First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .
In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.
From here all kind of problem start with servers ,
Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .
In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,
We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,
The Database was fixed yesterday night .

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,
Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

so maybe those coins will soon come back into circulation
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:36:35 PM

So CMC changed it without letting you know? They sometimes treat coins really strangely. Shocked  Eventually, it is just math, and every rational investor makes its own calculation.
coine_

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 12:45:13 PM

Is there an exchange that trades ALQO/ETH ?
crypt0holk1

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:03:14 PM

Definitely great news! Especially if we get more master nodes set up  Cheesy

I've seen some shilling from the crypto OGs on Twitter lately, so imho it's just a matter of time!
smasherx

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:38:35 PM

Is there an exchange that trades ALQO/ETH ?

There are 2 exchanges trading the ALQO/BTC pair - nothing more. Nevertheless you could send LTC to cryptobridge to overcome the fees for BTC. Until now its a bit difficult to get ALQO but it certainly will get better in the future though price might be higher then...
Alqo (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 32

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:55:20 PM

We haven't said a single word, since we do not know what happens next, or if something is happening. We haven't lost any ALQO there but 2 BTC.

UPDATE: Will we soon be listed on masternodes.pro Thank you for your donations to get ALQO listed there!

cheesybread

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:25:49 PM

PLEASE tell me the application for cryptopia has been submitted for the freaking love of god
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:51:34 PM

We haven't said a single word, since we do not know what happens next, or if something is happening. We haven't lost any ALQO there but 2 BTC.

UPDATE: Will we soon be listed on masternodes.pro Thank you for your donations to get ALQO listed there!

I still expect CoinsMarkets to come back shortly...otherwise, please no new exchange soon as I'll have to rebuy my Alqo somewhere else first..

adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:37:03 PM

smasherx

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:48:45 PM

PLEASE tell me the application for cryptopia has been submitted for the freaking love of god

You are very very welcome to donate the 5 Million DOT they want for application. Otherwise I fear there will be no Cryptopia in the next time as this is a community coin with no premine or ICO. So there is no money yet to be used for something like this.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:41:38 PM

You are very very welcome to donate the 5 Million DOT they want for application. Otherwise I fear there will be no Cryptopia in the next time as this is a community coin with no premine or ICO. So there is no money yet to be used for something like this.

5m? they should really adapt it from time to time
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:51:34 PM

Cryptopia, imo is not needed for ALQO.  The coin will continue to grow and utilize exchanges such as CryptoBridge (I love that exchange) and perhaps Cobinhood.

If the team keeps up with development and continues forward (I think that they will) then they can move to larger exchanges at a later time.

At the time of this post, there is almost 70 btc of volume for ALQO on CryptoBridge. Creating an account there is easy.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
HTHP

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:31:37 AM

In my opinion ALQO should get a new popular exchange.
CryptoBridge isn't enough. Look at what happened to coinsmarkets, if ALQO was listed on coinsmarkets only (like 2 months ago or so) then the coin will die.
Getting a popular exchange is very very important. If the team can't pay for that (because for a popular exchange the price is usually huge) they can ask the community to donate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: