Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:28:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AVE][ICO] Avesta PoW 10s blocktime+accountnumbers+Inheritance+Private+App  (Read 5805 times)
cranefist

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:35:11 PM

Update From Development:

- Updated version of Avesta Block explorer
- Avesta Fork was created after the ICO which allows new fields to the blocks to accomodate for the miners.
  Meaning also older versions of the Avesta Node (during ICO period) will not continue to sync.
- Mining Rewards will paid every 3 minutes
- The first period mining rewards will be delayed because of an error in the payment nodes
   Avesta Development is working hard to fix up the backlog (which is several tens of thousands of blocks)

Known Bugs:
- Visual Errors in the platform, explorer
- Mining Rewards not showing
- The node shows "TX verification Failed" This is because another node already processes the Transaction. (message will be removed next update)

coming soon:
Mining statistics Public and Private
Q1 Avesta Exchange (Beta Version)

Due to the Theft of the Laptop of our Main Dev, Development will continue as soon as possible.

Whoever missed the article or wants to mine:
https://blog.avesta.io/avesta-launch-platform-wallet-mining/

How do i get a wallet address? why isnt the wallet included?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mark_l

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:15:23 PM

- Go to the website (https://avesta.io/) and click on the register button in the middle of the page.

- Go through the registration process.

- Install the 'Civic' identity app on your phone and enter your details.

- Click login on the Avesta website homepage, then click 'login with Civic'

- A QR code will be displayed on screen, open Civic on your phone and tap the symbol in the bottom right of your phones screes (it's a green circle with a square and a cross).

- Point your camera at the QR code on the screen.

- Tap 'Authorise Avesta Portal' on your phones screen, you will then be logged in.

On your account screen you'll see an 'Account number', this is your wallet address. Avesta doesn't use adresses liek we are used to, it uses account numbers.

Hop that makes sense!

PS: I forgot to say, the wallet\account part of the site is currently down for maintenance (has been for a few hours). You may still be able to register though?? I don't know.
cranefist

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:48:55 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 02:02:48 PM by cranefist

- Go to the website (https://avesta.io/) and click on the register button in the middle of the page.

- Go through the registration process.

- Install the 'Civic' identity app on your phone and enter your details.

- Click login on the Avesta website homepage, then click 'login with Civic'

- A QR code will be displayed on screen, open Civic on your phone and tap the symbol in the bottom right of your phones screes (it's a green circle with a square and a cross).

- Point your camera at the QR code on the screen.

- Tap 'Authorise Avesta Portal' on your phones screen, you will then be logged in.

On your account screen you'll see an 'Account number', this is your wallet address. Avesta doesn't use adresses liek we are used to, it uses account numbers.

Hop that makes sense!

PS: I forgot to say, the wallet\account part of the site is currently down for maintenance (has been for a few hours). You may still be able to register though?? I don't know.

So i can mine to the account number? Is the account number a wallet address? Does it exist in the blockchain? Will there ever be a proper wallet?
Mark_l

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:26:13 PM

So i can mine to the account number? Is the account number a wallet address? Does it exist in the blockchain? Will there ever be a proper wallet?

1) Yes, you mine to the account number.

- Run the Avesta Core 'avestad.exe' program, let the blockchain sync
- Run the 'miner.exe' program with this command line "miner.exe --address XYZ123 --log-level 3" replacing XYZZ123 with your account number.

2) Yes the account number is the wallet address.

3) Errrrrr I don't know?

4) There is deffinately a mobile wallet (and a whole bunch of other stuff) planned on the roadmap.
eliastt

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:55:07 PM

I managed to login but site is under maintenance.
Mark_l

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:14:42 PM

Yup, its been out since this morning (about 10 hours ago). They are doing upgrades to the online wallet and the underlying systems.

I'm sure it'll be up again soon.

If you need any help they are fairly active on Facebook, just ping them a message.
eliastt

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

Yup, its been out since this morning (about 10 hours ago). They are doing upgrades to the online wallet and the underlying systems.

I'm sure it'll be up again soon.

If you need any help they are fairly active on Facebook, just ping them a message.

Tbanks for the info!
Mark_l

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

It's back up again   Smiley
jannoi (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 04:20:17 AM

Upcoming Desktop Wallet builds:
Windows 64
Windows 32
Ubuntu 64
Ubuntu 32
OSX

Upcoming Mobile builds:
IOS / Android

Whoever is handy enough can access their own wallet via the AVE API
https://avesta.io/site/apidocs/account/
(more will be added soon)

In terms of account numbers: Yes - account numbers!!
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:48:59 AM

Whoever is handy enough can access their own wallet via the AVE API
https://avesta.io/site/apidocs/account/
(more will be added soon)

Now there's an offer I can't refuse  Grin
eliastt

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:58:16 AM

Ok. I have started mining.

How long does it take to show the balance on https://app.avesta.io/wallet/v2 ?

Will there be support for xmr-stak or other miner software?
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:08:53 PM

It took about a day for my balance to change, I think they have to manually trigger something at the back end to make the mining rewards show at the moment (it's still really early days).

As for adding GPU support, I kind of hope that they don't untill much later.

It's nice having a coin you can profitably mine with your CPU whilst your GPU(s) mine something else.

If they add GPU support then CPU mining may soon become unprofitable.
eliastt

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:11:14 PM

It took about a day for my balance to change, I think they have to manually trigger something at the back end to make the mining rewards show at the moment (it's still really early days).

It's nice having a coin you can profitably mine with your CPU whilst your GPU(s) mine something else.

Mark can you give a hint on how many coins you got per Kh ?
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:34:10 PM

I'm honestly don't know for sure, I mined for a couple of days before my wallet updated and the software was up\down constantly in that time.

I woke up one morning to see it had stopped in the night and I've no idea how long it was running for.

On top of that there's no hash rate displayed in the mining software (yet).

What I can say is that I have two rigs, one's an i5 750 @3.8Ghz and the others a Ryzen 1700 @3.8Ghz and both have been mining as much as possible since just a few hours after the initial release.

I'd rather not say how much I have earned as I don't want to set any expectations, but it has deffinately been worth it.

Keep going  Wink

eliastt

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:39:09 PM

I'm honestly don't know for sure, I mined for a couple of days before my wallet updated and the software was up\down constantly in that time.

I woke up one morning to see it had stopped in the night and I've no idea how long it was running for.

On top of that there's no hash rate displayed in the mining software (yet).

What I can say is that I have two rigs, one's an i5 750 @3.8Ghz and the others a Ryzen 1700 @3.8Ghz and both have been mining as much as possible since just a few hours after the initial release.

I'd rather not say how much I have earned as I don't want to set any expectations, but it has deffinately been worth it.

Keep going  Wink

Ok. Thanks for the info!
cranefist

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:09:29 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 05:32:18 PM by cranefist

This is a problem, as you do not have the keys for your wallet. So the coins are not really yours. They have the keys for your wallet.

The fact that they are not releasing an actual wallets is a big concern.

OK, just noticed that they are coming out with desktop wallets. Hope they are actual real wallets that operate in the blockchain.
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:49:08 PM

I guess it all depends on your outlook. From an established crypto currency point of view, yes it is a problem.

But then again my bank, the one that I trust with my wages each month and a heck of a lot more real money than I'll ever have in crypto holds the keys to my account.

The difference is I trust my bank, they are regulated in law.

The question is, do you as an individual, trust these people?

I don't, yet. I have never bought into an ICO and I never will.

But I have seen enough (e.g. them going on camera to be interviewed etc) to make me think ther might be something in it.

At the very least it's worth some mining activity and we'll see where it goes. If they are genuine and they fulfill their roadmap (which I personally think they will) it will be awesome.
cranefist

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:35:27 PM

I guess it all depends on your outlook. From an established crypto currency point of view, yes it is a problem.

But then again my bank, the one that I trust with my wages each month and a heck of a lot more real money than I'll ever have in crypto holds the keys to my account.

The difference is I trust my bank, they are regulated in law.

The question is, do you as an individual, trust these people?

I don't, yet. I have never bought into an ICO and I never will.

But I have seen enough (e.g. them going on camera to be interviewed etc) to make me think ther might be something in it.

At the very least it's worth some mining activity and we'll see where it goes. If they are genuine and they fulfill their roadmap (which I personally think they will) it will be awesome.

Comparing cryptos to banks is a bit childish, banks are regulated and monitored. But maybe this type of thinking appeals to some crypto nutcases.

And as you have only posted on this thread, not including one post that you have made to recommend Avesta as an ICO... i would not trust you either Smiley

Not to mention the standard western relatable name, like Mark... exactly what i would choose to make some low key advertisement for a project. Smiley
eliastt

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:31:39 PM

The idea behind the project seems interesting. I like the logic they describe to start this.

I would like from the devs to chime in and give us some more details.

Ok. We started mining. When will we see the balance in our account?

When will the wallet binaries get released?
Mark_l

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:32:39 PM

Comparing cryptos to banks is a bit childish, banks are regulated and monitored. But maybe this type of thinking appeals to some crypto nutcases.

I'm not really sure where you got that from? I believe my exact words were "The difference is I trust my bank, they are regulated in law" ?

And as you have only posted on this thread, not including one post that you have made to recommend Avesta as an ICO... i would not trust you either Smiley

I'm not asking you to  Smiley. I'm new to this, I like the look of what these guys are doing and this is my first real venture into crypto. I believe I said as much in that other post, and I'm simply airing my personal opinion.

I've seen what these guys have said they'll try to do and I have a good feeling about it, simple as that.

Not to mention the standard western relatable name, like Mark... exactly what i would choose to make some low key advertisement for a project. Smiley

LOL Believe it or not some people in this world are genuniely called Mark :-)

Anyway, everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I wish you nothing but the best  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: