Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will the Bitcoin bubble burst and what will happen after?  (Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 01:45:22 AM)
Never! - 11 (37.9%)
Soon - 8 (27.6%)
Very soon - 4 (13.8%)
next 50 years - 3 (10.3%)
Nearest future - 3 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the Bitcoin bubble burst?  (Read 1393 times)
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:31:19 AM

When do you feel the Bitcoin bubble will burst and what will happen after?
The rise, decline, rise further pattern- when will it go down and never come up?

If you consider bitcoin as a bubble then I wonder why are here in this forum where most of the discussion is about the rise of bitcoin's price.
Because it's in a bubble.  When it's not in a bubble, the discussion is about how to actually make BTC better, rather than just how to make the price more stupidly high.

The problem is that loads of people aren't distinguishing between Bitcoin "being a bubble" and Bitcoin "being in a bubble".

On here I see "People thought Amazon was a bubble, but now it's huge" - but Amazon was in a bubble, and now it is no longer in a bubble.  Similarly, Bitcoin could be in a bubble now, but that doesn't mean that it will always be in a bubble or that it itself a bubble.
True, bitcoin is something useful so while sometimes it may be overvalued that does not mean that the price of bitcoin is going down to zero and it is going to disappear or anything crazy like that, bitcoin is improving and with the lightning network and atomic swaps bitcoin is going to improve even more and as the usefulness of bitcoin goes up its price does the same, and any technology that keeps improving will follow the same pattern of growth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:58:39 AM

The rise, decline, rise further pattern- when will it go down and never come up?

If you consider bitcoin as a bubble then I wonder why are here in this forum where most of the discussion is about the rise of bitcoin's price.
Because it's in a bubble.  When it's not in a bubble, the discussion is about how to actually make BTC better, rather than just how to make the price more stupidly high.

The problem is that loads of people aren't distinguishing between Bitcoin "being a bubble" and Bitcoin "being in a bubble".

On here I see "People thought Amazon was a bubble, but now it's huge" - but Amazon was in a bubble, and now it is no longer in a bubble.  Similarly, Bitcoin could be in a bubble now, but that doesn't mean that it will always be in a bubble or that it itself a bubble.
True, bitcoin is something useful so while sometimes it may be overvalued that does not mean that the price of bitcoin is going down to zero and it is going to disappear or anything crazy like that, bitcoin is improving and with the lightning network and atomic swaps bitcoin is going to improve even more and as the usefulness of bitcoin goes up its price does the same, and any technology that keeps improving will follow the same pattern of growth.
That is a fact that bitcoin price is no doubt increasing a lot. i think that in future as bitcoin is becoming more popular therefore we can expect that bitcoin will continue increasing, because still people are taking interest in bitcoin and hope that their interest will continue increasing for a long time.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
TheFlynn49

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:01:14 PM

bubbles are so 2008 ...
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:12:26 PM

In the near future this will not happen. Even if the bitcoin bubble it will not burst during its growth. Now bitcoin is only the beginning of the climb. We see a steady trend towards its rise in price. It accumulates a large amount of money and if in the future the money will be spent on the economy then bitcoin will become a very serious competitor to Fiat.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:16:22 PM

I have voted for "Never ". I don't think that the bitcoin price is a bubble so there is no question of the burst. If it were a bubble it would had burst at the period of " China ICO ban period"( the pressure was enough to burst a bubble then ).

xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:27:25 PM

I think where not yet on a bubble stage too early to conclude, though I believed we'll get in to that. How? As long as the bitcoin transaction takes few hour or more, and pending transactions increases and congested, some will be disappointed and that's the time the bubble burst. Just my cents

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:27:48 PM

Its not a bubble in the sense that it was called a bubble in 2013-14 because of wider adoption of btc. The market rates, while high, do not indicate any attempt by any party/ies to pump and dump. In so far as that argument is concerned, btc isn't a bubble. On the other hand,if you're asking when there will be a drastic correction, I don't see it happening anytime soon for the reason mentioned above.
candy27

Activity: 104
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:02:42 PM

The rule is, would you buy at these prices? If not, then it's likely that others won't either and the market is being manipulated.

It's just gone up too fast, faster than any real adoption, so it's bound to fall back to allow the real world adoption to catch up with it.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:14:14 PM

Its not a bubble in the sense that it was called a bubble in 2013-14 because of wider adoption of btc. The market rates, while high, do not indicate any attempt by any party/ies to pump and dump. In so far as that argument is concerned, btc isn't a bubble. On the other hand,if you're asking when there will be a drastic correction, I don't see it happening anytime soon for the reason mentioned above.

It seems to me that such issues can greatly affect the popularization of bitcoin in society and therefore I am suspicious of such things. If everyone is worried about such situations, then the cats of the foreign exchange market will again have panic and frenzied price fluctuations.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:53:55 AM

I've been long enough here to know btc is in fact in a bubble for a millionth time. Again. If you don't think so, I have a castle in Spain I'd like to sell to you. It's a question of when, not if, btc bubble will burst. I fully expect btc to crash hard in January 2018. The new year will bring pain and misery to everyone here on the forum. This new down market will be long and hard, all of you will lose your shirts, will have to sell your body for cash. Don't worry though, it will turn some time in 2020 for the better.

truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:45:56 AM

A bubble in 2013-14(not exactly) won't repeat itself simply for the reason that the market as a whole is so much bigger now with much more competition. This adds over all resilience. We will not see the sign of a bubble in the near future.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:12:51 PM

This is not a bubble, the price of bitcoin is that high because that is demand that is having at the moment if at some point that demand changes and the price goes down that does not mean the bubble burst it is just that people no are no longer requiring bitcoin for their needs and as such the price is going to go down, this is not like the 2013, that was a bubble.
Lots of people are calling bitcoin a bubble since 2013, though!
But you know what bitcoin value keeps getting higher and higher everyday.
Sooner or later the people who are calling bitcoin a bubble would realize that is the biggest mistake of their life.
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:15:35 PM

This is not a bubble, the price of bitcoin is that high because that is demand that is having at the moment if at some point that demand changes and the price goes down that does not mean the bubble burst it is just that people no are no longer requiring bitcoin for their needs and as such the price is going to go down, this is not like the 2013, that was a bubble.
Lots of people are calling bitcoin a bubble since 2013, though!
But you know what bitcoin value keeps getting higher and higher everyday.
Sooner or later the people who are calling bitcoin a bubble would realize that is the biggest mistake of their life.

You are aware right that the price rising as it is, is an indication of a bubble? I do not think it will burst in the way some people feel in the sense that it will crash irrecoverably but it will certainly burst at some point in the coming months or years, I do believe however that it will recover after said time however, much like house prices.

sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:08:59 PM

Now bitcoin is very similar to bubble but is not an indicator. It is under development and an increase in prices is not a sign of a bubble. It seems to me that it all depends on how it will be used. For me it is a serious indicator of the quality of bitcoin but if finally turns from an asset for speculation in the currency. Then he will have a chance to become the most honest currency in the world.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:23:35 PM

Now bitcoin is very similar to bubble but is not an indicator. It is under development and an increase in prices is not a sign of a bubble. It seems to me that it all depends on how it will be used. For me it is a serious indicator of the quality of bitcoin but if finally turns from an asset for speculation in the currency. Then he will have a chance to become the most honest currency in the world.
Agreed, and this never gets into bursting. Maybe a price might decrease to larger extent. The price retaining takes place further making it growth or correction of price rather than a burst. Already it has been termed to be a trusted currency, because just with the online availability it has been operating legitimately.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: