Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pass-through Purchase] Terrahash ASIC 18 GH/s [btc]10.5 - ORDERING NOW OPEN!  (Read 3023 times)
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:34:14 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 05:18:21 PM by TheSwede75

Edit; CLOSED - I have transferred my pre-order account ownership to CanaryInTheMine (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=18614) this has been cleared with all current order owners. If you are looking to pass through order units, contact Canary directly, he is a very well respected and honest hero member with several large group buys under his belt.

I am one of the pre-registered buyers that have an account with Terrahash.com http://Terrahash.com registered when they opened. Today they sent an email to current account holders that they will open for orders ONLY for the pre-registered members on Tueday the 18th of June at 9 am PST.

The product available is already listed in their website, and according to Company rep, they will ship 2 weeks after they receive their Avalon Chips (they already have other parts available). This means that they will likely be one of the absolute first companies to ship Avalon mining rigs outside of Avalon themselves.

Terrahash is also located in the US (San Fransisco) which means no shipping issues, customs and easy to work with customer service.

To make the process easy, and because I personally do not wish to run any more share-purchases out of my home (management, electricity etc is starting to become a possible issue if I take on more group-management) I have decided to instead off pass-through purchase for interested parties.

What I am currently offer is this:

- Pass-through purchase using my pre-order account of the Terrahash 18 GH/s K64 miner, ready to plug in and mine with chips provided by Terrahash @ BTC10.50
- Mining board does not include PSU or cables, but off standard PCIE-power connectors from standard PC PSU (more product info below)
- The purchase price includes shipping and tax, even if I have to take delivery of the miner and ship it priority to the buyer.

About the 18 gh/s Miner Blade:

Complete module with 64 Avalon ASIC chips.

This is based on the Klondike 64 design and has 64 Avalon chips. The board does not come with any power supply or cables.

Features:

Size: 20cm x 20cm
Number of chips: 64
PCI Express power connector
USB mini type B connector
I2C board-to-board, daisy chain connector
USB microcontroller with bootloader for firmware upgrades.
The board can be connected to a computer, or a RaspPi board running cgminer through a USB. You can daisy chain multiple boards and run them from one host.

This board uses the Klondike design. More information: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0

How to order:

- Send BTC10.50 to: 1Kbe3xQbFcq9n79ehgJaQedtpfQr3Q5JPR
- PM me Number of Miners requested for purchase, BTC amount sent, Sending address and Transaction id.
- As soon as I have ordered the miner I will send you purchase proof (Ordering will happen @ Tuesday June 18th, 2013 at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time at the earliest. I will be online at this time to guarantee that orders go through asap. as I believe that terrahash will sell out their first chip order on pre-order day).
- Once pre-order day is over (I will only offer the pass-through orders for Tuesday June 18th) or when they sell out, whichever happens first I will publicly publish all my orders, and if requested your nick to verify your ownership publicly here on the forum.

I have previously ran successful group buys of KNC Miner and Bitfury and am located in the US myself so pass-through shipping should be a 24h delay at worst. At best I am hoping to be able to send a address-list to Terrahash (I have previously communicated with them, and they seem very helpful and honest) and simply have the orders sent directly to buyers without them ever reaching me. I will only accept orders from the US as I do not wish to be responsible for international shipping of a possibly large amount of equipment.

Note: even though Terrahash accepts bank wire and Paypal, obviously any pass-through purchase or group-buy I host will be in BTC, as I have absolutely no interest is becoming a possible middle man in fiat transactions or bank transfers. I do consider them offering the options for bank wire and Paypal a huge plus as it speaks to their credibility, especially as a US company.

Edit: Updated price due to the rising price of BTC and the miners being priced in USD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:43:25 PM

watching
flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:56:55 PM

Consider me interested.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:58:49 PM

watching

Wink you are always welcome Canary, from one well respected service provider to another. My USB miners made great gifts for a few friends.

tilecuwi

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:06:51 PM

I am very interested Cheesy Would buy some Shares for sure if you
don´t ask for high Costs per Share
(would suggest at least one group buy with .5 BTC per Share,
 the little ones like me can afford .. haha)
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

I am very interested Cheesy Would buy some Shares for sure if you
don´t ask for high Costs per Share
(would suggest at least one group buy with .5 BTC per Share,
 the little ones like me can afford .. haha)

Unfortunately I am far too lazy to handle 100s of transactions. IF I end up doing a mini-price group buy I will prob just buy a miner myself and auction off % shares. Anything is possible though.
dxtwo

Activity: 145

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:54:05 PM

There appears to be a burgeoning market for just group buys/shares by just looking at the forum lol. Sometimes I can't tell where I'm at!

Nonetheless, I'll probably buy a few of these machines as I am also able to pre-order within that 24 hour period. I am also in California, so I may eventually stop by TerraHash's office. Tongue
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:59:14 PM

I have had my eye on these guys and was wondering about placing an order myself.  Will definitely be watching this
mxmz.in

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:00:20 PM

Anyone who had the account with Terrahash prior to that email can order, so there should be quite a lot of people. I think someone can run a groupbuy.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:09:41 PM

Anyone who had the account with Terrahash prior to that email can order, so there should be quite a lot of people. I think someone can run a groupbuy.

That's the whole point. I will be running group buys and pass through buys for the US. Just waiting for final cost and a few details.
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:54:42 PM

interested
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:59:57 AM

Still waiting for Terrahash to update to new USD pricing structure.
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 01:19:05 AM

Same here. Good luck!

Blue777

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:47:26 PM

few hours ago.they set  the price in usd already
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:49:15 PM

it is already updated..
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:38:24 AM

it is already updated..

Yep, been ark for a bit and didn't notice. Will update with pricing etc. shortly.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:21:15 AM

I have altered the group-buy to a pass-through type sale where I use my pre-order account to purchase miners. I realized I did not wish to host more mining equipment due to management/power issues that may arise.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:52:08 AM

Going to sleep for a few hours so if you order, don't freak out if I don't answer PM between 3 am 8 am CET. First order received for a miner btw. Thx
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:07:09 AM

Going to sleep for a few hours so if you order, don't freak out if I don't answer PM between 3 am 8 am CET. First order received for a miner btw. Thx
good night! i'll take one of those I mentioned to you
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:29:24 AM

....you guys do realise there is no such thing as a K64....

Anyone believing otherwise would have some vested interest... AH YES, A SCAM.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:45:24 AM

Not at the moment, but by the time the chip arrive there maybe, but i doubt it.. Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
linuxmonkey

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:18:29 PM

k64 is just 4 k16 daisy chained together.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:26:20 PM

k64 is just 4 k16 daisy chained together.

Well I assume that people buying ASIC based on the Klondyke designs would read the reference thread and be aware of this. Yes, a K64 is just 4 x chained K16.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:34:54 PM

Seriously dogie, I am fully aware you lack any useful hobbies or a fulfilling day job, but trolling every single ASIC thread calling every single hardware project a scam is just getting tiresome. You should prob have stopped after Avalon started selling and everyone realized That Klondyke is a functioning design. I hope you find whatever it is you are looking for in life.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:49:26 PM

good night! i'll take one of those I mentioned to you

No problem, I will investigate the exact process for the DX-Large purchase and PM you when the pre-order opens in a few hours.
flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:42:16 PM

Can you advise why the purchase price through you is about $180 extra than what is listed on the site? Surely, shipping isn't that much. Are you charging the rest as a handling fee?
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:59:34 PM

Can you advise why the purchase price through you is about $180 extra than what is listed on the site? Surely, shipping isn't that much. Are you charging the rest as a handling fee?

I am protecthing myself against a drop in BTC, possible Tax and the fact that I am promising 24 hour shipping if I can't change shipping address. Worst case I could end up paying an easy $100 to ship a K64 overnight even within the US. Also: I do want to make at least $40 or so for my troubles of course, after all I am not doing it ONLY out of the goodness of my heart Smiley
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:02:42 PM

Ok, PREORDER IS NOW OPEN!
I have a DX-Large, 1/2 DX-Small and 10x K64 boards in my 'shopping cart' as we speak. So now would be the time to make up your mind if you are wishing to purchase.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:16:20 PM

ALSO: Terrahash DO offer extremely competative pricing on hosting (Between $10-$50 a month for their K64-DX-Large) that I can set up for buyers as well. Mining dividends are sent every few days and unit starts hashing the day they are built.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:21:47 PM

Just placed the first order. Went smooth and got confirmation etc.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

MODS: THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED/REMOVED at will. Ownership of pre-order account has been transferred, this has been cleared with all current order owners.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: