Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:40:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: http://faucet.d.evco.in/  (Read 714 times)
wiser (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:45:07 AM

Just wondering if anyone happens to know how many people need to input an address before round 80 will be considered full.  It still says 30 is the number of contributions needed per round, but that round is currently at 48.

I'm referring to this faucet:  http://faucet.d.evco.in/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
artos

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

http://stablecoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:50:31 AM

That is a very confusing address!

StableCoin Development Fund: shQpTvLDsgCURkfqyBuCjL79aqYwti2FEJ
StableCoin Forums: http://forums.stablecoin.net
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:17:14 AM

Just wondering if anyone happens to know how many people need to input an address before round 80 will be considered full.  It still says 30 is the number of contributions needed per round, but that round is currently at 48.

I'm referring to this faucet:  http://faucet.d.evco.in/

That's a faucet running by me ... sorry for the confusing, there must be something error, I'll deal it later.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
emfox

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:54:25 AM

Sorry, there's something error at last round, and the data submitted that round was cleared.

If you do think you should earn the missing 5 DVCs, please reply with your address, I'll look it up in the archived database and manually send you back.

Please keep supporting our Devcoin Faucet!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:50:18 PM

I'd put in my address on round 80.  My address for Devcoin is 1LpoMowMPEVWk2LaJUdAUNaK7gBDRA1r7F

On an unrelated note, how do you manage to have identical addresses for BTC and Devcoin?
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:47:37 PM

The faucet appears to be broken again.  Round 87 is showing 41 entries.
emfox

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:06:57 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 06:23:11 PM by emfox

I'd put in my address on round 80.  My address for Devcoin is 1LpoMowMPEVWk2LaJUdAUNaK7gBDRA1r7F

On an unrelated note, how do you manage to have identical addresses for BTC and Devcoin?

you could export private key of btc and import into dvc client or vice versa.

The faucet appears to be broken again.  Round 87 is showing 41 entries.

I've just found and resolved a bug which caused this issue, there will be no such delay happen.

Thanks for your help of reporting bugs, I just send you 100DVCs.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:47:39 AM

I'd put in my address on round 80.  My address for Devcoin is 1LpoMowMPEVWk2LaJUdAUNaK7gBDRA1r7F

you could export private key of btc and import into dvc client or vice versa.

The faucet appears to be broken again.  Round 87 is showing 41 entries.

I've just found and resolved a bug which caused this issue, there will be no such delay happen.

Thanks for your help of reporting bugs, I just send you 100DVCs.

The bit about exporting and importing private keys is over my head right now, but hopefully It will make more sense as I learn more...

Thanks for the extra DVCs.  I'm happy to help, and glad you got that bug fixed :-)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:46:53 AM

Come on guys, we need 5 more submissions for round 88. GOGOGO!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:56:50 AM

A random question:  I'm pretty sure on one of the rounds I entered one of my BTC addresses instead of my DVC address.  I guess I was subconsciously hoping the five DVC would miraculously turn into five BTC (LOL!)

So... where are those devcoins now?  In general, what happens to cryptocoins that get sent to an address for another cryptocoin?

I'm not too concerned about recovering five DVC.  I'm more curious than anything.  
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:05:49 AM

A random question:  I'm pretty sure on one of the rounds I entered one of my BTC addresses instead of my DVC address.  I guess I was subconsciously hoping the five DVC would miraculously turn into five BTC (LOL!)

So... where are those devcoins now?  In general, what happens to cryptocoins that get sent to an address for another cryptocoin?

I'm not too concerned about recovering five DVC.  I'm more curious than anything. 

Your question makes me wonder the same thing. I assumed they would be added to the blockchain anyways but would never be claimed (since the address won't exist). Would love to hear though!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
emfox

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:21:12 AM

A random question:  I'm pretty sure on one of the rounds I entered one of my BTC addresses instead of my DVC address.  I guess I was subconsciously hoping the five DVC would miraculously turn into five BTC (LOL!)

So... where are those devcoins now?  In general, what happens to cryptocoins that get sent to an address for another cryptocoin?

I'm not too concerned about recovering five DVC.  I'm more curious than anything.  

The same address at devcoin will receive the coin, and you could get the coin, if you export the same private key from bitcoin client, then import to your devcoin client.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

The Bitcoin address I used is the one I have on Cryptostocks.  Would it still work to recover those DVCs?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:50:48 PM

The Bitcoin address I used is the one I have on Cryptostocks.  Would it still work to recover those DVCs?

Don't think so because Cryptostocks doesn't allow you to export your private key, that I know of at least.

wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

Don't think so because Cryptostocks doesn't allow you to export your private key, that I know of at least.

Bummer... but at least it is only 5 DVC.  One of these days I will need to figure out how to really work with clients and private keys.  In the mean time I need to double check the receiving address before hitting the send or submit button, especially when there's more value on the line.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:36:31 PM

Bummer... but at least it is only 5 DVC.  One of these days I will need to figure out how to really work with clients and private keys.  In the mean time I need to double check the receiving address before hitting the send or submit button, especially when there's more value on the line.

Don't worry -- I don't know much about private keys and such either, :p. But I do always double/triple-check any addresses I post before submitting anything.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: