Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs  (Read 25107 times)
play1ife

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:32:47 PM

If you recieve your m3 So why they dont deliverd my m3 yet?
http://uupload.ir/files/918f_img_20180301_225330.png

Maybe because 28th february is the date of shipment.
So it will take some time to deliver its to your Country

Im waiting my m3s too.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FatAnt

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:15:53 PM

I received an $80. 'apology coupon' from Pangolin in todays email.

If you have purchased our miner during 2017/12/21 ~ 2018/2/1. We believe you may have experienced some bad experience with the purchase. In that case, we decide to release some coupon as compensation.

They still owe me another M3 for March, so why don't they just ship it instead of begging for new orders?

The 'apology coupon' discount can only be used for the current M3 'heaters'.  Any rumors if Pangolin is working on any new models?
brenden2008

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:06:22 AM

Ordered a couple of M3, asked them several times for a tracking. They delayed for a few days, CREATED a tracking but no pick up by the shipping company for a week, meaning they dont have the stock to send out but merely CREATED a tracking to please me. Whats the use of paying for a 2-3 days delivery but the delay is caused by lack of stock ? I strongly advise friends here to factor in delays and not trust what they state as delivery time. Is not the frieght company that is causing delay, is Pangolin itself.
brenden2008

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:16:19 AM

They so badly promisong i ordered in 28 septamber for feb  and they didnt send me tracking id yet.they should send me before march but no M3 delivered yet.is there any body delivered his m3 for feb batch?

They sent me a tracking a week ago, but nothing was picked by the freight company yet.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:17:45 AM

I, Personally,never had any issues with the shipment from Pangolinminer. In fact, it was much earlier than I expected. It literally took under 48hrs from their facility in china, to my door step
in Michigan. However, I was patient, and never asked about tracking, or inquired about my shipment date. I just let them do, what they do, and They did it well. I cannot speak of their
delays, as of late, but I've seen many with the same results as me. I'm sure that they are going to ship, but their customer support is a few days behind....or Ahead, depending the time zone.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
brenden2008

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:23:17 AM

I, Personally,never had any issues with the shipment from Pangolinminer. In fact, it was much earlier than I expected. It literally took under 48hrs from their facility in china, to my door step
in Michigan. However, I was patient, and never asked about tracking, or inquired about my shipment date. I just let them do, what they do, and They did it well. I cannot speak of their
delays, as of late, but I've seen many with the same results as me. I'm sure that they are going to ship, but their customer support is a few days behind....or Ahead, depending the time zone.

Glad you had good experience, yes the 48 hours delivery was a job well done by DHL or FEDEX, not Pangolin. The delay in handling the M3 to the freight company is main concern with some backlog as far at 15th Feb.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:39:56 AM

Glad you had good experience, yes the 48 hours delivery was a job well done by DHL or FEDEX, not Pangolin. The delay in handling the M3 to the freight company is main concern with some backlog as far at 15th Feb.

Have you sent in a support ticket??? You, and the guy posting above,  need to send one. Usually, they are really good about "on time" delivery. Sucks that it's happening, but I just wanted to assure you that, they indeed, have a good product. I've had mine "cooking" for
nearly 2 weeks,  with zero issues. I suggest sending a support ticket, and patiently see what happens. I know that's hard to do.

When you get the miner, and if you need help setting up, please post here. I'll give you a hand, if I can. Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
brenden2008

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:56:03 AM

Have you sent in a support ticket??? You, and the guy posting above,  need to send one. Usually, they are really good about "on time" delivery. Sucks that it's happening, but I just wanted to assure you that, they indeed, have a good product. I've had mine "cooking" for
nearly 2 weeks,  with zero issues. I suggest sending a support ticket, and patiently see what happens. I know that's hard to do.

When you get the miner, and if you need help setting up, please post here. I'll give you a hand, if I can. Goodluck!!!

Thank you very much Bro, really appreaciate your effort. Yes, sent them a couple of tickets, they indeed reply me fast, but sadly, not able to pass the M3 to freight company just as fast. Hope all goes well by next week, thanks again Bro.
acanaman

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:26:35 AM

No issues for me either, received 4 M3's that I had ordered earlier than expected and very quick DHL delivery to Canada.  I just ordered 5 more but Paypal is holding my payment with the statement "Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it."  I suspect it has to do with the amount being over $10K CAD.

My first experience with ASIC miners and I was pleasantly surprised, they just work, and I am getting almost 12 TH/s on each one and sometimes more.  They sure do put out a lot of heat though!
brenden2008

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:30:34 AM

No issues for me either, received 4 M3's that I had ordered earlier than expected and very quick DHL delivery to Canada.  I just ordered 5 more but Paypal is holding my payment with the statement "Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it."  I suspect it has to do with the amount being over $10K CAD.

My first experience with ASIC miners and I was pleasantly surprised, they just work, and I am getting almost 12 TH/s on each one and sometimes more.  They sure do put out a lot of heat though!

Great to hear that, with Bitmain slashing prices on the S9 and T9, makes lesser sense to get M3 now.
acanaman

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:39:32 AM

For me power is reasonable inexpensive and I have access to ample capacity.  I was a little surprised at how much per circuit it cost me to build it though.  Unfortunately the building I am in has 480/276V so have to transform it to 3ph 208v.

I like now that I can buy the M3 with PayPal, much easier than BTC/BCH.  Unfortunately our exchanges in Canada are not that reliable right now for sending or receiving fiat.  I did just get verified on Kraken though and it seems to be working well.
brenden2008

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:43:26 AM

For me power is reasonable inexpensive and I have access to ample capacity.  I was a little surprised at how much per circuit it cost me to build it though.  Unfortunately the building I am in has 480/276V so have to transform it to 3ph 208v.

I like now that I can buy the M3 with PayPal, much easier than BTC/BCH.  Unfortunately our exchanges in Canada are not that reliable right now for sending or receiving fiat.  I did just get verified on Kraken though and it seems to be working well.

i see, i do agree using paypal is more convenient for a start, but once you accumulated some bitcoins from mining, it could be use for the payment of more miners.
mgoz

Activity: 265
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:12:35 PM

I believe the reason the stickers are being removed is due to a pending lawsuit with Bitmain over the design. Bitmain's former director of design started WhatsMiner after leaving Bitmain in 2016. This may also be why they are no longer limiting quantities, offering discount coupons, and trying to offload as quick as they can. Other reason for offload is due to more efficient miners coming on the market in Q2/Q3, which will make these even less profitable.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (1)

I believe the reason the stickers are being removed is due to a pending lawsuit with Bitmain over the design. Bitmain's former director of design started WhatsMiner after leaving Bitmain in 2016. This may also be why they are no longer limiting quantities, offering discount coupons, and trying to offload as quick as they can. Other reason for offload is due to more efficient miners coming on the market in Q2/Q3, which will make these even less profitable.

False. The M3's are actually "Kodak Miners" that did not sell at that company. Go back a few pages, and you'll see it's been
discussed here already. There is no pending lawsuit from Bitmain. However, you correct about the design engineer coming
from Bitmain. The availability, and lower prices is because, the price of btc has gone down. Also, the efficiency of 28nm is tapped
out at this point, making the last production of these miners a fire sale.

https://imgur.com/ed9HJLs

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 05:54:39 PM

The M3's are actually "Kodak Miners" that did not sell at that company.
https://imgur.com/ed9HJLs

This theory about WhatsMiner M3 miners that have the technical specs label removed makes sense.

'Kodak KashMiners' are indeed just relabeled WhatsMiner M3 miners.

mgoz

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:01:05 PM

'Kodak KashMiners' are indeed just relabeled WhatsMiner M3 miners.

When Kodak first announced back at CES I saw different photos of them where one was a rebranded S9 and others looked like rebranded WhatsMiner units. They were different units in literature and what was at CES. You can tell by position of network port on the controller. If that's the case, I wonder why they also removed them from the power supply, which didn't appear to have any Kodak specific branding.

So the pending lawsuit with Bitmain over their serial power supply circuit patent ended? News to me cause I just read another article today that mentioned it.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 07:15:56 PM

So the pending lawsuit with Bitmain over their serial power supply circuit patent ended? News to me cause I just read another article today that mentioned it.

So, which is it? There is a lawsuit over the miner design, like you stated above, or the power supply circuit design?

Can you provide any source to these very speculative statements?

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 07:18:54 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 08:08:36 PM by HagssFIN

As far as I know, there are no lawsuits officially announced between Bitmain and WhatsMiner.

That's a high amount of pure speculation.

EDIT:
I was wrong, I stand corrected.
Lawsuit was announced back in August 2017 and there are direct quotes from Yang where he mentions filing appeals and an application to revoke Bitmain's patent in response to their lawsuit:
https://www.coindesk.com/former-bitmain-chip-designer-seeks-to-revoke-mining-giants-patent/

Ah ok, I stand corrected. I can connect the dots now, so to speak.
I did little digging too and found this: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/there-bitcoin-patent-war-going-initiative-could-end-it/

I don't know how trustworthy news media bitcoinmagazine.com is, but they mention Bitewei being the company that manufactures WhatsMiners.

mgoz

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:42:47 PM

So, which is it? There is a lawsuit over the miner design, like you stated above, or the power supply circuit design?

Can you provide any source to these very speculative statements?

I said design, not miner design, however Bitmain's patent is here if you want to read exactly what's covered:
http://211.157.104.77:8080/sipo_EN/search/detail.do?method=view&parm=16b414c21a2f19d11b2c18401bcd1a5f183a19561ad91be11a581c4c04792b231f5c21ba22572195236c20482755275723ca24be2221222525702494250d26c0274025822c3f29092a7c29a02d6d2d6f28fa2ed62bd12c892f482c34330947932f5c2c0a2ac731b9333c316c366534e7318235ee337934f1360837f03747371b371a34e231bf38f13b04390c3e0d3f6f39ea3dc63c573d6d3e683e4c26d918c33ffe3c523c273e354334405c47c545774302408e4423458d47a04688462b46a846ca46b2436f47554bcc49784a2d
https://patents.google.com/patent/CN105045364A/en

Lawsuit was announced back in August 2017 and there are direct quotes from Yang where he mentions filing appeals and an application to revoke Bitmain's patent in response to their lawsuit:
https://www.coindesk.com/former-bitmain-chip-designer-seeks-to-revoke-mining-giants-patent/

I'm sure SIPO could give you the docs if requested.

It's a bit odd that WhatsMiner has not sold anything directly for some time. You can only purchase from Pangolin and they are removing all branding from units and power supplies. They will not sell or ship to China, yet are located in China. Maybe the pending legal claims are why Kodak backed out of a purchase order if there is any truth to that either?
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:05:49 PM

Ah ok, I stand corrected. I can connect the dots now, so to speak.
I did little digging too and found this: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/there-bitcoin-patent-war-going-initiative-could-end-it/

I don't know how trustworthy news media bitcoinmagazine.com is, but they mention Bitewei being the company that manufactures WhatsMiners.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: