Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Biometrids - ICO 19th of february - Decentralised and Anonymous ID  (Read 11756 times)
Toha2013

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:13:54 PM

The platform that brings decent and anonymous IDs
Using blockacain, facial recognition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:30:48 PM

To be honest I don't like to use Facial Recognition, however when I look in your project through a investor's eyes, it seems such a good one although I need to read the whitepaper before I can judge The future of this project.
is basically just what it is and hey is just more security for users and if the platform can actually deliver on their words then is no problem atleast you will know you have the best security management

Theizestooke

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:59:06 PM

This project is developed and managed by a great team of experts in the crypto industry and also many good devs make this project a worth trusting and investing. They also have a very attractive white paper which gives an informative review of the project and its concept.

rabotacoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:14 PM

Once registered on the blockchain it might really remain static but what if there are some problems happened especially in the face? An accident happened, is the technology used in scanning will not detect your face? I'm a little bit of concerned about this because facial recognition is really a game changer today even it's already been used already and critical if implemented because this involve security matters to the user.
Then, if any tragedy happens, I think it is possible to use fingers prints or, alternatively DNA, but it already gets out for the frameworks of given platform. Or still no?
Somewhere higher in the tape, I read the developer's response to a similar question. They said that at the initial stages of development there will be only a password and a secret key, and face recognition will be a little later.
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:07:19 PM

If compering a face and a fingerprint, what’s the difference in uniqueness between them? I’ve been told since my childhood that fingerprint is unique thing!
Maingtoled1958

Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:27:56 PM

If compering a face and a fingerprint, what’s the difference in uniqueness between them? I’ve been told since my childhood that fingerprint is unique thing!

Face and fingerprint both are different factors which do have their different specifications where fringerprint is verified by the wrinkles on the fingers and facial recognition is done with the help of iris scanner, etc. Both are different but the secure way to be safe.
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:27:10 PM

I was just wondering, biometrics information are being stored on phones with high security. How can we access these information then put in the blockchain? I suppose the project needs to have a hardware to take people biometrics info, am I right? Ambitious and very interesting project. As far as I can tell; a very good long term investment. Besides that I like the fact the team communicates very often.

You can use their service through a smartphone that contains facial recognition feature like IPhone X. First time you need to create your identity with Biometrids ( One Face, One ID ), your info would be on blockchain ( smart contract ). On other hand, they have API that lets others ( companies ) integrate the system and When a company wants someone to identify themselves, they can send a request for the person to identify themselves. The person then scans their face, which identifies them to the company
hakimovic

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:26:28 PM

Once registered on the blockchain it might really remain static but what if there are some problems happened especially in the face? An accident happened, is the technology used in scanning will not detect your face? I'm a little bit of concerned about this because facial recognition is really a game changer today even it's already been used already and critical if implemented because this involve security matters to the user.
Then, if any tragedy happens, I think it is possible to use fingers prints or, alternatively DNA, but it already gets out for the frameworks of given platform. Or still no?
There are many new and more secure identity recognization methods are coming day and I am sure this project will adapt to the new technology and will integrate it with its technology. They also can always be updated which will make them a very great project in the future.
Could this project be used by wallets instead of private keys ,because it's really a bad i dea ,I mean you could easily lose them even if you are careful or they might even get stolen from you and your whole savings are gone . With facial recognition and finger print verification you could always easily access your assets and could never be hacked.
PDAngel

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:30:50 PM

Revolution on Identity verification base on blockchain technology? Biometrids will give everyone QR code for recognization? It is great idea and this project is for global or individual country?
contractus325

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:40:23 PM

Did you take into account that such data, which in the 21st century is very valuable, can be stolen? What is the security of this project?
izay

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:46:01 PM

How will it works? I mean how can we assure that facial recognition platform is really secured and much better than others?

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
banivur

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:52:53 PM

Apple have some problems with face ID at this moment, you don't worry about that?
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:15:07 AM

For my understanding only. Are you planning to make and launch an app or software that can be installed on smartphones, So people can test and review it first?

Arvilaine

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Scouting for Innovative ideas.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:59:33 AM

I think using the facial recognition as a biometric method should only be used as a sub-identification since it has already been tagged as unreliable when it comes to identifying people of having darker skin.
Or I don't know, have you already made some further development for that matter aside from integrating the system to the blockchain?
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:23:50 AM

I found a downside to this platform, you were saying that a person can only have one account due to facial recognition but then it can be bypass. If a person prints a photo of another person and use it to create another account, another problem is if you know an account of someone, you can just use his/her social media pictures for facial recognition. Any solution for this?

I agree, which means there are a lots of questions which relying on that answer. I also curious if the person is identical twins which almost 100% the same face. Is it possible to determine the two person?. Well, I'm trying to ask even how weirs question it is because there is still.a huge chance to be happen in the future. I hope there would be positive response. Thanks.
Twins wouldn't be an issue if they have a good relationship. Though in terms of accessing the account using photo of others might be the real issue to this. They should add further securities or instead of facial recognition, how about fingerprint recognition for many phones right now are starting to have or even have fingerprint sensor.
This project will surely add some more advanced techniques for identifying people. It will not just keep their security on the face identification but they will make it more advanced and also will be able to differentiate between two twins or similar peoples.
Biometrids

Biometrids Facial ID on the blockchain

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:04:48 AM

This is a good question.

The difference is, that there is a chance for 1:50.000 for a mistake to happen with fingerprint.

With facial recognition the chance is 1:1.000.000. In our first stages of development, we will be adding a password, until the system is developed to a state where the password isn't needed any longer.

Biometrids

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:07:13 AM

Apple have some problems with face ID at this moment, you don't worry about that?

As we are saying, the system isn't 100% bullet proof just yet.

Thats why the first versions will have a privatekey, and a password. So people always can restore their data.
We are almost there, where the reliability in facial recognition is 100% I would say we are around 90-95%

Biometrids

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:11:23 AM

I think using the facial recognition as a biometric method should only be used as a sub-identification since it has already been tagged as unreliable when it comes to identifying people of having darker skin.
Or I don't know, have you already made some further development for that matter aside from integrating the system to the blockchain?

Now i dont know when and where you read about this with the darker skin.

As the facial recognition works today, there should be no problems with these things. The main problems is, if your face changes by surgery or an accident.

You can watch this video, and see how much you actually could change your face before it wont recognise you anymore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltY5R0PNctQ

ResuLT

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:32:33 AM

As the facial recognition works today, there should be no problems with these things. The main problems is, if your face changes by surgery or an accident.

You can watch this video, and see how much you actually could change your face before it wont recognise you anymore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltY5R0PNctQ

So the conclusion is, even if you do surgery or an accident, this platform can still recognize it. I wonder how are they doing this amazing work.
Biometrids

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:34:05 AM

So the conclusion is, even if you do surgery or an accident, this platform can still recognize it. I wonder how are they doing this amazing work.

Artificial intelligence and machine learning is the key here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: