Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:51:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Free BTC] *Contest Over* Hello Newbies - I'd like to start you off!  (Read 1131 times)
thisisgil (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:27:45 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 01:39:45 PM by thisisgil

I've recently been given 0.01btc in a display of generosity from primedice.com and would like to repay the favour and pass it on to a genuine newbie.

Let me be perfectly clear on this: I am not a primedice shill. The btc they gave me was entirely unsolicited and I have not had any communication with primedice either before or after this transaction arrived. I have also never gambled at primedice. In fact, to this date I have no idea who the guys behind primedice are.

Nonetheless, they did a nice thing for me and so I would like to repay the favour.

If you meet the following conditions:

1 - Your account still has the newbie tag on it
2 - Your account was created before the date of this post

......then you are eligible to enter.

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 100. The first user to meet the above criteria and post the number I am thinking of with their wallet address will be sent the 0.01 btc with no strings attached. This draw is not provably fair - if you have a problem with that, don't enter!

- In the event of the same winning number being posted twice, the first to post it wins

- You must post a wallet address. If two people post the winning number and only one has a wallet address, the user with the wallet address wins, regardless of whether they were first to post it or not.

I think that's all.... Good luck!

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhiteThunder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:32:53 PM

I've recently been given 0.01btc in a display of generosity from primedice.com and would like to repay the favour and pass it on to a genuine newbie.

Let me be perfectly clear on this: I am not a primedice shill. The btc they gave me was entirely unsolicited and I have not had any communication with primedice either before or after this transaction arrived. I have also never gambled at primedice. In fact, to this date I have no idea who the guys behind primedice are.

Nonetheless, they did a nice thing for me and so I would like to repay the favour.

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 100. The first user to meet the above criteria and post the number I am thinking of with their wallet address will be sent the 0.1 btc with no strings attached. This draw is not provably fair - if you have a problem with that, don't enter!

- In the event of the same winning number being posted twice, the first to post it wins

- You must post a wallet address. If two people post the winning number and only one has a wallet address, the user with the wallet address wins, regardless of whether they were first to post it or not.

7.. it's always 7! And are you giving away 0.01 or 0.1 BTC? Your post is not very clear.

Either way, thanks!  Grin
19EggL7ymR2w8ZHS7gFv8L9oW8sn9wiqDA
thisisgil (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:40:56 PM

And are you giving away 0.01 or 0.1 BTC? Your post is not very clear.

ooooh crap! Sorry - it's 0.01.

Fixed the original post - thanks for pointing that out to me!

G935

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:17:16 AM

it is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything

13RBuLM9yuHfBPtQsEC4hYpDU2Lfdmg5eR
skywalk

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:04:16 AM

oh me? Shocked

edit: omg this post made me a jr newb! zomg zomzg can i still be in?
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:23:54 AM

not eligible but what you are doing is very nice

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
GaiusMaximus

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:26:57 AM

That is a very kind a gesture you are participating in and I am sure the kindness will be  returned in kind Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:43:50 AM

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 100. The first user to meet the above criteria and post the number I am thinking of with their wallet address will be sent the 0.01 btc with no strings attached. This draw is not provably fair - if you have a problem with that, don't enter!

I'm not a newbie but wanted to say thanks for hosting this. It's awesome to see others giving back to the community!

Hopefully you don't mind (if you do, pm me and I'll remove it) but I'd also like to point the newbies to the BTC Faucet Timer and Rotator, which allows people to keep up with all the BTC faucets and go through all of them fast and easy for free BTC, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sunmaz

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:30:22 AM

This is very nice gesture indeed. Thanks very much!

-----------------------------

Guess: 83

Address: 1HZqPtuFda8u1VA5xbymZ5Mc45Zawpkbni
Nicky1234

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:54:01 AM

mhmm, sounds interesting...
DogtownHero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:57:04 AM

the number is 21

arcticfox

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:30:23 AM

The number is 43
markeysss

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:37:10 AM

not eligible.... damn
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:43:03 AM

Im ineligible but this is an awesome thing you are doing!

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:57:07 AM

12b8cjr3efKfpeYuYtMCmNwL31QgEYew7F
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:07:12 AM

why can not new newbies get in this?   That is unfair!!!   you are a bad.

I would guess so you cant just create a new account to try to get in on it.
AverageMiner

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:11:13 AM

Well that's a rip.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:49:19 PM

Well that's a rip.

If he allowed fresh newbies to join the contest, people would just create tons of accounts to post here and increase their chances of winning. If people weren't so quick to exploit things, we wouldn't have problems like this.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
squid314

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:05:11 PM

the number is 21
The number is 43
Hey DogtownHero and arcticfox, if you want to win, you will probably want to repost and include an address.

----------------------------------------------------------
My guess is 74

1squide4onozwrTkqxDyEehbnstevwgCs
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:08:24 PM

1FAK2zuCni4New3ZQ2fkFnWYKhLU2SF93A - BTC  me me me

Nr. 66

kthxby

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:10:37 PM

1FAK2zuCni4New3ZQ2fkFnWYKhLU2SF93A

reroll

nr. 100

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
shahgarpett

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:14:08 PM

1NJ4DkGyFLVhgmmhZ5kHmZRcnmJCKDL5CF

pistachiotuque

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 04:14:45 PM

cool idea even if I'm not eligible, great way to get a post going with some traffic in newbie town.

when's the drawing?

(insert popcorn munching animation here)

qwertzlcoatl

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:26:00 PM

My guess is 22.

My adress is 13kW3AFZdTnw1eeUzgh9Z6zDDMQaTrDeTk

Thanks for doing this! Amazing.
thisisgil (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:03:45 PM

Hey all!

Thanks for all the constructive feedback. I'm sorry some uber-green newbies felt discriminated against, but I hope you understand that I wanted to give a few parts of a btc to someone who is literally just starting out with bitcoin to help them on their way. I felt if the contest was open to just about any newbie, then I would have a flood of sly folk creating new accounts just to guess a new number and as there are only 100 possible winning choices, it wouldn't take long for someone to jump in and deprive a genuine newbie of their prize.

I will say, however, that I am looking to do this sort of thing again in the future. I currently have some investments about to mature, and I felt REALLY GOOD about helping people out and I loved hearing the (mostly) appreciative replies to my offer. So I'll definitely look to do this again, and maybe work on the criteria - it's a learning curve for me!

In the meantime, if anybody else would like to informally distribute a little bit to some genuine newbies (doesn't matter how small), then drop your donations to 1C69ZZ3anoFXuYKDtPV4Z8hdHzvwusp3pv and I will accumulate and offer some more flash giveaways. I'd also be happy to advertise any donations from a business if you happen to run a btc-related business and are looking to get some exposure to the newest bitcoin talk recruits.

Anyhow on to the important part. The number I was thinking of was.... 53!

Scanning down the list, it seems that nobody guessed it, and I wasn't really prepared for this, so I am going to do the following:

The person who guessed closest to 53 will get 50% of the prize fund. Everybody else who left a wallet address with their guess will get an equal share of the other 50%. This may not work out to much, but I hope you see it as a small gesture to welcome you to the bitcoin community.

Now - the closest guess (43) would have been arcticfox. Sadly, arcticfox did not leave a wallet address, so I'll go with the second closest, which is 42 - so gratz, G935. Everybody else will get an equal share of the remaining 50%, and I've reserved a share for DogtownHero and arcticfox just as soon as they reply to this post with an address I can send it to! I guess if they don't claim it within a week, I'll throw it into a pot for the next time I do one of these.

Thanks again to everyone who played - I really enjoyed doing this, and I fully intend to have a few more of these in the newbie forums in future Smiley

Take Care!

Blockchain transaction

P.S. Need more coins? Remember Rano's got your back:

I'd also like to point the newbies to the BTC Faucet Timer and Rotator, which allows people to keep up with all the BTC faucets and go through all of them fast and easy for free BTC, Smiley.

tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:58:29 PM

Hey, thanks, I got 0.000556btc. Cheers
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: