Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:28:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 million coins in under 6.5Hours? 27.5% of current total? Should I trust this  (Read 1792 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 01:04:10 PM

Hard to tell, people complain about Tenebrix being pre-mined, but on the other hand the creator, lolcust, is still around still planning a re-launch and might just delete the pre-mine if there really is no interest in the massive coin-mixing system he was going to use the pre-mined coins for.

If you have multiple cores maybe put half your cores on one of them and half on the other?

Another consideration is Fairbrix only has a GUI, no daemon, so I end up having to have the GUI display on my desktop while the program itself actually runs on my server out on the internet, so it gets messed up any time the connection from my home to my server messes up. So fairbrix can be inconvenient if you use headless servers.

Also because it lacks a daemon there doesn't seem to be any way to do normal things like getinfo to see the difficulty even.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

Feathercoin started with the same difficulty as Litecoin, but instead of a bunch of CPUs and a small miner base, you had a bunch of tuned GPU miners to attack the coin. The outdated difficulty setting couldn't keep up and so blocks were minted extremely quickly.

27.5% isn't the worst. Coins like BitBar, Mincoin, and BitGem are all running at 70-90% of their total coinage mined within the first day (Minecoin it was only 4 hours).

Some of the newer alts (DGC and to a slightly lesser extent WDC) have perfected the art of the release. DGC, for example, had 121,000 coins mined in the first day as opposed to the expected 86,000. This is as good as it gets at this point.

All of that to say, yes and no. A super quick instamine at the beginning threatens the stability of the coin at the beginning because the coin can be easily hijacked, and it also leads to a huge dump as soon as it hits an exchange. This is why FTC and CNC practically died when they hit BTC-e.

You should do what makes you feel comfortable, though. The data is not unusual, unfortunately.

+1

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: