Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:56:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:08:19 AM

The biggest fear for me of course when my country ban bitcoin.. if bitcoin ban by my country, I can't to earn bitcoin again, I can't access bitcointalk again, and I lost my online job.. I can't get Extra income.. so sad to imagine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:18:49 AM

Of course the fear of others who invest in bitcoin are losing its price, as well as in the real market investors their are always on track to keep their investments monitored.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:27:47 AM

Hacking is the one that I fear the most. Hacking your wallet can wipe out all of your efforts. It is so hard to earn bitcoin these days. Holding bitcoins is a long term investment. Besides hacking, there are still barriers that may affect the holding of bitcoin like bitcoin may lose its price on the way of holding bitcoin and bitcoin may be banned.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:36:40 AM

I might be in the minority, but I'm honestly not too concerned with hacks and scams. I feel like I am adequately protected with the resources at my disposal. I am also paranoid in nature so I'd like to think I'm slightly more resistant to scams in general.

I fear factors I cannot control much more. These include countries banning crypto, technical vulnerabilities, etc. These, I cannot protect myself against, and are therefore, much more of a threat.

Khristian

Activity: 174

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:37:54 AM

my biggest fears as a bitcoin holder is if the price if every bitcoin falls down..and maybe the phillipines will ban the bitcoin because for me it's a great help to the future of a family. so it's frightening to think but the scary I will confuse In a scam there is still a lot of bad guys.thats why if i have a bitcoin i hold and cash out and use the money
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:40:48 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder is if the whole cryptocurrency will be considered as scam and it will be of no value. If that happens all of our labor and time spent working to earn bitcoin and altcoins will be put to waste, for me that would be the saddest day for all crypto users.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
mukeymon

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:44:46 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

As you say hacking and scam are the most worrying things we have to fear, when we are careless we can lose all our bitcoins.
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:52:33 AM

What I'm afraid of is hacking my account. We know that the internet is not safe and we may be robbed so we should be especially careful with downloading applications in our computers. Because others have a virus that can know all of our information. So I'm taking care of everything I do and how much I can not download the applications I do not know.
roddy5

Activity: 220

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:53:37 AM

Greatest fear would be, when all nations declared bitcoin trading as illegal.
When this happens we can't do anything about it. Bitcoin and the blockchain technology
will just be part of technology history and might just be a basis of future project, but will
not worth anything.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:58:19 AM

Greatest Fear for Bitcoin Holders

losing private keys and malware and hacking attempt and more important sudden drop in price
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:01:02 AM

my biggest fears as a bitcoin holder is if the price if every bitcoin falls down..and maybe the phillipines will ban the bitcoin because for me it's a great help to the future of a family. so it's frightening to think but the scary I will confuse In a scam there is still a lot of bad guys.thats why if i have a bitcoin i hold and cash out and use the money

Well, I do have a fear also of banning bitcoin in the Philippines. If in case it will happen (i hope it won't) then a lot of Filipinos will find it hard to accept the situation since bitcoin is part of our daily lives. Most of bitcoin users only rely their income through bitcoin even if they have stable job.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:04:27 AM

As the bitcoin holders my greatest fears is the bitcoin will might be destroyed or disappear. Altough is impossible for now maybe next year maybe next next year? We dont know what will happen next what if there's an problem that really serious and make thay bitcoin crisis and make people panic. So as an bitcoin holder if that happens all my investments and my holsings will be done for nothing all my bitcoin that hold for many years will become useless
nesterpu

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:07:13 AM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.
Do not worry about this, I believe the bitcoin will last long enough we are to die, so believe in it in the future.
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:09:01 AM

Well my greatest fear as bitcoin holder is that loosing the wallet address due to system crash and missing the pass key along with all the saved bitcoins in the same wallet and realising that our bitcoins is worth millions and we cant help it due to loss of the key password and missing wallet id we have.There are even hackers who steal bitcoins from online wallet and take the bitcoin so is one of the reason in which online wallets are not safe.Another fear is that what if some day its value crash and everyone stop taking btc but i don't think such thing will happen as bitcoins are running smoothly and such things will never happen.

maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:20:25 AM

1 If the bitcoin becomes a bubble and burst. This will be linked to the flash crash but this time that looks impossible.
2 If the exchange site will be banned in the various country because of the exchange site as a centra key in the bitcoin or crypto.
3 Too many hackers, scammers in the crypto.

A lot of the things that makes me fear about the bitcoin itself. But the politic and regulatory seems to be a serious thing rather than other.
Yup. The hackers and scammers presence, and fear of exchange sites shout down either by exchange authority or by the govt in the country and at time long internet break fall. I am sure, everything has its plan B. Lets always focus on it which will not stop us from being with bitcoins.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:23:44 AM

My biggest fear as a Bitcoin holder is 1,000,000 Bitcoin, which is said to be owned by Satoshi, the creator of Bitcoin. It is the most frightful situation for me to put it all on the market and   collapse the price. I am not afraid of anything else but when I think about it    Shocked   Grin
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:31:12 AM

What I fear is that most countries in the world unite to suppress bitcoin, and if that happens, bitcoin will be destroyed. But I do not believe that one country will truly unite other countries. But the influence of hackers on bitcoin is far too small for national power.

Granslam

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:34:03 AM

I'm not a bitcoin holder because i'm still earning and i know someday that i'll become bitcoin holder for me my biggest fears if the internet on bitcoin is shutdown because maybe the value of bitcoin goes again in 0 and it's a big disaster.
raking

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:15:37 AM

When you invest in anything including btc, the biggest fear is definitely the price drop. However, for btc, it is also alarming that the government issued a btc ban. Perhaps, we all do not want this to happen, but in fact some countries have done so.
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:47:09 AM

My top two fears as bitcoin holder is first my country is starting prohibit all activity in bitcoin such trading, investment etc.
It will be no 1 of my fear.
The second is bitcoin price is going dump dump and dump till no value.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: