Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:32:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:45:56 AM

For now, my biggest fear is that my country will eventually ban on bitcoin and its involvement. There will be nothing to cash-out my bitcoins then, I have been starting to look for alternatives on how to solve this problem when it happens. Hacking may happen, but you can still earn bitcoin, but if there is no place to cash out, my bitcoin will mean nothing.
My greatest fear as a bitcoin holder if it is being hacked or stolen....

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 813

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:56:09 AM

That I'll sell most of my Bitcoin between $100k and $150k and then it'll go up to $500k in the following few years.
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:14:30 AM

Bitcoin will be fallen. That is my biggest fear. Bitcoin was an awesome technology but the huge number of people causing a big mess inside bitcoin which has proven that bitcoin is not strong as we believe. Slow speed, take too much time for a confirmation. Those things can slowly destroy bitcoin from the inside

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:18:47 AM

That I'll sell most of my Bitcoin between $100k and $150k and then it'll go up to $500k in the following few years.
This is not fear,it is pure greed. Tongue if you are in profits and sold the coins at a whooping profit,what is the logic in living in fear.Fear factor creeps in if you have invested in bitcoin but the price is rallying down after the bubble and the delusional state you will be whether to hold or to sell is the biggest fear i have with bitcoin.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:00:35 PM

The greatest fear of bitcoin holder is the value of bitcoin fluctuates down and their investment result into loss. So it’s better to sell their bitcoin once it reaches the highest peak, and buy lots of bitcoins at its lowest trough.
No I suppose the biggest fear for any holder has to with the fact that someday bitcoin value becomes zero in a very rapid fashion that does not give you time to sell your coins, which means you are going to lose all your investment on bitcoin and all the potential profits you could have got if you sold early, besides that, I have no other worries as a long term holder.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:44:55 PM

the biggest risk in my opinion is the loss of coins that I have from the wallet. the second, I am afraid if suddenly cryptocurrency suffered destruction and the digital coins become worthless.

Heartseed

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:07:47 AM

Probably when bitcoin loses its value. Since having the loss of value of bitcoin will lose the value of income i have worked hard so far. Having it lose its value is fatal for everyone using it as an income. Thus, it will be bad or worse for us.
simonbakla02

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:15:35 AM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

My greatest fear is that bitcoin will vanish in our society, and the bitcoin will be having a low value in our country.
Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:39:56 AM

As I now hold a bitcoin what I am afraid of maintaining the value I am now as I struggle to reverse the real money when low cost I do not want to sell
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:45:13 AM

My greatest fear is hackers and other kind of cybercrime such as fake website. I am not afraid about bitcoin volatility, I have been here for long time and I have enough experience. The real risk of bitcoin investment is cybercrime.
bougieboyy

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:58:14 AM

Biggest fear.... Exchanges going under and running with peoples money.... or no exchanges left to cash out for fiat.
bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:11:15 AM

As a bitcoin holder I believed that we all have the same greatest fears. We are afraid to loss the value of bitcoin while we are holding it. We will never know when it will happen but it is possilble. Second is the safety of my bitcoin while it is in my wallet. I am afraid that someone will hacked it. People now a days can think doing those things so be careful.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 01:21:37 AM

no fear .hold ur bitcoin in offline wallet.and do not share your private key to anyone Smiley
bitcoin price will grow more
In a positive thoughts you are right. But hackers are just right there waiting for a chance to get into the system; transfer the funds if can and destroy. They are already there before the start of bitcoin and they hacked whatever it takes. However, with the preciseness of cryptocurrency system, everything that hackers can penetrate into the system were already considered and that is why mining was built.
My fear being bitcoin holder is the hacker by doing nothing but stoling something or destroy something that not to them. And also they dont have care in anyone, as long as they can damage the property in anyone and make it money for them.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:58:20 AM

my fear as a bitcoiner is everyone's nightmare, when internet is not available because of natural disaster or the server of my btc wallet was bugged down due to congestion. loss my password and hacked by some incompetent hacker, we dont want to wake one day and see our wallet with a big ZERO balance, right?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:23:22 AM

no fear .hold ur bitcoin in offline wallet.and do not share your private key to anyone Smiley
bitcoin price will grow more
In a positive thoughts you are right. But hackers are just right there waiting for a chance to get into the system; transfer the funds if can and destroy. They are already there before the start of bitcoin and they hacked whatever it takes. However, with the preciseness of cryptocurrency system, everything that hackers can penetrate into the system were already considered and that is why mining was built.
My fear being bitcoin holder is the hacker by doing nothing but stoling something or destroy something that not to them. And also they dont have care in anyone, as long as they can damage the property in anyone and make it money for them.

And those hackers are ready any time for you to attack like when they saw an opportunity they'll easily eats you. That's why we better be extra cautious in everything we do and securing more our wallets. Better be safe than end up to nothing.
And also my biggest fear is when bitcoin loss its value but i don't want to over think things as yeah maybe that would happen but it surely takes more decades.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:24:56 AM

my biggest fear is hackers , i scare someone out there will steal my bitcoin from my wallet, i hope the security of bitcoins will improve day by day so we cannot scare anymore with hackers
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:26:32 AM

i always scare when i am holding bitcoin and suddenly bitcoin is dumped by all people around the world and its price drops to 0 and no longer exist on internet anymore, that surely make my crazy.

maihoangminh1808

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:46:09 AM

The Greatest fear as a bitcoin holder about bitcoin is that bitcoin become a bitcoin bubble. Because it has common behaviors of a property bubble, which is the rapid rise of the level of interest and prices.
reingelz09

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:39:30 AM

One of my greatest fears in holding bitcoin is if i invest in a wrong cryptocurrency hyip for example, i am afraid to of being scammed or i forgot my offline wallet key. The most fearsome is if i lost all of it because of hacking.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:42:27 AM

No fear. 

sent from my X6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: