Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

My fear as a Bitcoin holder is:

1. My fear of hackers who can access my account will be lost because it can be successfully stolen easily by hackers.

2. My biggest fear as a Bitcoin holder is to see the price of Bitcoin will reach below the price of 2,000 USD, because this is a big loss to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:02:22 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?

One top risk in my opinion is the uncertainty with the value of bitcoins because you may never now what changes bitcoin does at a later time. The implication of this is the feeling of fear of the unknown which leads some people sometimes to do panic selling because they can't anticipate the next movement of bitcoin price due to increase anxiety.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dobladi

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:06:20 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

There are only two things that I fear the most as an investor which is for Bitcoin's value to continuously fall and Bitcoin to be banned on my country. Ofcourse, as an investor, you would not want your investment to have a low market value because you will surely lose money on your investment. And if it will be banned for some unknown reason, ofcourse I won't be able to.make use of Bitcoin.

rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:18:23 PM

There were lots of fears of being a bitcoin holder..scammers ,government might take place on giving rules on cryptos,losing of sources for exchange , bitcoins prices would goes down and dump and different competition of coins and its existence.
But for me whose investment is time,effort and knowledge also have fears of losing the bitcoin world in this case i/we will be losing job/source of income,some jobs here offers good salary which can hardly earn through working in a company.

CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:22:48 PM

If i buy a lot bitcoin on high price then i be a holders a lot of bitcoin , i never scare if my wallet hacked or i scammed.
because i using personal computer and i never click/download any third application from email, i just scared the price will dump more than $3.000 or lower , yeah because i buy a lot bitcoin , if the price dump so hard , im never get profit , but losses a lot of money.
just that.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fateh1313

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:43:31 PM

Mainly we are afraid of hackers and scams but they can be controlled and are legally punishable also but main thing is government polices  we are more afraid of government then any other they can make difference in every way

Stockus Trading Platform — Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰INVEST▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook •  Pre-ICO starts on 6.11.2017 • TelegramMedium  ◆[/center
betMaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:53:02 PM

One of my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder are the banks behind the wallets that people put their coins in and thinking they are storing their money in a perfectly safe place . I'm always fearing that the owners suddenly steal their  client's money or lock their accounts for unclear reasons and pretend they got hacked or something . That's why i always store my coins in different wallets and always split them in chunks so even if some company suddenly gets shut downed , i won't loose everything .
X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

As a bitcoin holder, for now my greatest fear is. ot maximing the potential of bitcoins.  I don't want to be just like those who went into bitcoins because they say its easy to earn money from it because I want to be someone who like kost of you here, are already pros when it comes to bitcoins.  The only way for me to not go through that fear is to really take the time to learn and understand how bitcoin works.  👍🏻

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:03:24 PM

My greatest fear being a holder are the hackers. Having a huge amount of bitcoin comes with the attention of hackers. Once they find that a wallet has a huge amount there might be a chance that some of the bitcoins could be stolen.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:05:52 PM

My biggest fear is that bitcoin is a bubble Sad
magz

Activity: 268

World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:10:57 PM

My greatest fear is when the government announces that they will totally ban buying and using Bitcoin. When that happens, everything that I've done, everything that I bought with my hard-earned money will be gone with just like that. And I do not want that to happen. That is why I don't want to think about it.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
valucash

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:26:09 PM

1. Governments will always rise up to protect against what they have little or no control over. Governments are a great threat to cryptocurrencies. There are 3 options for them. 1. Ban it 2. Regulate it. 3. Float a competing cryptocurrency which provides more flexibility than the current slew of cryptos we have.

2. The unforseen. Cryptos rely on technology, that itself may pose a danger. Unforseen issues may lead to unforeseen problems.

3. Disruption: Some technologies which was disruptive have themselves become obsolete.
4. There are governments who if they want to have the wherewithal to crash some cryptos network.
5. Users sentiments: users of cryptos may become disenchanted with the entire technology as more newer and better technology emerges, especially ones that are dependent on mobile phones, which remains a pervasive network.

On the whole, I believe the world will move towards the adoption of one singular crypto-currency, if in doubt read your bible, it's all there in Revelation. So cryptos will not die it will only become stronger and gain a worldwide adoption.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:31:53 PM

My greatest fear of bitcoin. If the bitcoin disappear down the value of it.  Mostly the hacker of the wallet. If you rate me the security of the wallet, I think will  50-50. the biggest fear is your self you know why.
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:47:12 PM

The only thing that scares me with my bitcoins is when it becomes impossible to cash out meanwhile nobody (merchants) accepts bitcoin as payment. But I doubt it would happen because the silk road will always be there to accept bitcoins.

Mine would be the threat of hackers and malwares, even though we are aware of the threat and take safety precautions there are still chance all though the bitcoins systems gives me confidence that my wallets is almost impossible to be brute forced hacked I still worry about my daily internet activities and some click bait that even the most careful person sometimes makes mistakes.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:49:28 PM

My greatest fear of bitcoin. If the bitcoin disappear down the value of it.  Mostly the hacker of the wallet. If you rate me the security of the wallet, I think will  50-50. the biggest fear is your self you know why.

I also think this way and am afraid that thr price of bitcoin will goes up.  That we will no longer need a pyramid or bitcoin. We do no know him much and what we so how much is it.  Bitcoin can turn into a good investment and not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:01:26 PM

The biggest fear now is regulation. It is impossible to ban bitcoin per se but legislators can close the exchanges to convert BTC in FIAT (like china did recently)

I still think China is an isolated case (lot of successful firms are banned like google and facebook) and it will regulate the exchanges in the future but it is by far the biggest threat to bitcoin/cryptocurrencies adoption...

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:04:53 PM

Cashing out too late before everything goes downhill. If bitcoin collapses due to e.g. a security flaw, then it will be a race to the floor.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

What I fear as Bitcoin holders is if various countries agree to limit or  banned bitcoin transaction. Of course I'm starting to trouble in buying or selling stock bitcoins that I have. If this happens, when the world's banks with the government make regulations to limit the bitcoins will result in many exchanges difficulties in serving bitcoins holders to make trades and transactions.
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:29:15 PM

What I fear as Bitcoin holders is if various countries agree to limit or  banned bitcoin transaction. Of course I'm starting to trouble in buying or selling stock bitcoins that I have. If this happens, when the world's banks with the government make regulations to limit the bitcoins will result in many exchanges difficulties in serving bitcoins holders to make trades and transactions.
As mentioned surely some sort of issue will arise, and upon the same governments of respective country regulate bitcoin upon the usage as well it's negative usage. The greatest one is the growth or the dump happening without any form of indication which looks like an manipulated growth.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:36:15 PM

As mentioned surely some sort of issue will arise, and upon the same governments of respective country regulate bitcoin upon the usage as well it's negative usage. The greatest one is the growth or the dump happening without any form of indication which looks like an manipulated growth.

My greatest fear as bitcoin holder is the fact that technology  nowadays is so advanced that somebody might hacked my account even though I have secured it with strong password. As digital world evolves and cryptocurrency became popular, we cannot deny the fact that people with good IT skills & are dirty minded that wants easy money are now on the process of figuring out as to how to access the users wallets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: