Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Your Greatest Fears As a Bitcoin Holder?  (Read 7286 times)
Maksik198188

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:40:58 PM

probably the same fears as most of bidinterface, hacking in the first place, reducing the cost

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:00:40 PM

in my opinion my fear experience is the value of bitcoin will 0 and about security issues what happen if we lost the private key.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:04:28 PM

in my opinion my fear experience is the value of bitcoin will 0 and about security issues what happen if we lost the private key.

In which is pretty impossible. Bitcoin has a lot of investors and users, yes it is possible, I am saying impossible since it is still profitable for some of the whales and they won't let go of their bitcoin as long as they are earning profit. In terms of security, if you lost your private key, that is not part of Bitcoin's issue on security that will be counted on you being an irresponsible digital currency holder..
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:36:58 PM

There are lots of things that we should be afraid of. World is full of dangerous people. But there are also circumstances that may take our breath away. I guess, my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder is that whatever I have now, whatever I worked hard for, may lose its value. My country may ban here, therefore, I can't use this anymore. Being scammed. No matter how long you use this, there are still people who will try and scam you. Also, when bitcoin will fall down and stop working and never find a way up again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:51:53 PM

For those who fear a drop of the price, you should at least withdraw the equivalent of your investment, and keep the rest as a bonus (of course if you bought at a lower price than today's price), and if you bought at a higher price than now, you should have set a stop loss, that's what every reasonable traders do.
davidny

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:26:11 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

What are the top risks for Bitcoin holders?
I think me and a lot of others greatest fear is to lose the pin code and the seed.
If something like this happen you pretty much lost all you Bitcoin.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:33:10 PM

"Hacking and scams remain the top risk for Bitcoin holders. Exchanges that shut down or passwords stolen from devices can easily wipe out a person’s bitcoins. Moreover, governments and central banks from various countries are starting to impose limitations on the use of cryptocurrencies.

Digital coins clearly threaten the political and economic establishment, and the regulatory environment can quickly change with the stroke of a legislative pen. Banks and governments typically use familiar language in the media, such as the need to protect consumers from new risks.

We are hearing familiar talking points from politicians who are getting pressured from the banking lobby. It seems that the root cause of the status quo’s actions in 2017 is to protect fiat currencies and traditional financial interests. Competing digital coins represent a potential end to the government’s monopoly of the monetary system." - Bitcoin.com

I think number one is if the hackers can access to their bitcoin wallet. It is really scary . They'll leave you with nothing. The exchange as well, bitcoin holders are always afraid of losing theit bitcoin from hackers to scammers. The price of bitcoiin too. When it dips a bit,people are getting crazy especially when they bought their bitcoin in a high price. One more maybe is when the government in their own country will ban the bitcoin. That is scary too.
matthewogus01

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:35:35 PM

In my opinion, centralization would be one of my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder, aside from dips and banning by countries, among others. This is the fear that power over bitcoin, the supposedly decentralized, leaderless currency, could in fact become centralized or controlled by a few, and that people would use it thinking it was decentralized, not knowing it wasn’t.

There were concerns before about a handful of people calling themselves Bitcoin Unlimited who want to increase the cap on the size of transactions that the network can process at any given moment (as opposed to making the network more efficient to allow more transactions through under the same cap, which is 1MB) could soon begin to control the majority of the hashing power on the network.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:40:23 PM

My greatest fear about bitcoin is when it falls down half its price and never goes back up again.
Marinduque

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

One of my fears as a bitcoin holder is to lose my holdings due to hacking and scamming, that's why I always make sure that my connection is secured and im using the correct site. Another one is that bitcoin would be banned in our country, since many countries had already decided to ban bitcoin, I hope our country does not follow the same way because it will be very hard to join ICO's now, specially more of the new ICO's are now requiring KYC verifications, also I may not be able to widthraw or convert my money into fiats it it gets banned.

In terms of price, its okay if its price keeps falling for now, bitcoin has established a powerful foundation this past years and I belive that it can recover., let's just enjoy the dip and keep buying.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:08:26 PM

storing digital assets such as bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies certainly has a risk, but for me, the main risk to bitcoin is a scam exchange. therefore, we have to choose more exchange for deposit and invest
I am very much scared about my bitcoins being stolen by some hacker whiles i am sleeping, It is indeed the worst fears of most of the bitcoin holders.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Xelle

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:25:16 AM

Greatest fear for as a bitcoin holder is when they hack my bitcoin account and when the bitcoin price go  down in the market..
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:37:15 AM

1 If the bitcoin becomes a bubble and burst. This will be linked to the flash crash but this time that looks impossible.
2 If the exchange site will be banned in the various country because of the exchange site as a centra key in the bitcoin or crypto.
3 Too many hackers, scammers in the crypto.

A lot of the things that makes me fear about the bitcoin itself. But the politic and regulatory seems to be a serious thing rather than other.

All of fears that you mention is same like the most fear is loss money.
I wil not explain more because people know why people not join in bitcoin and why many people still convinve their friwnd and family to not join here in bitcoin. All because the most fear is lossing money.

true , all fears that are being mentioned by bitcoin holders is the loss of money. the bottomline is , people are trying to risk their money inorder to get a profit from bitcoin. we are afarid to be hacked, scammed. we don't want to be the victim of internet fraud. we are afraid as well for the price to fall down. everythig that will end up losing our money or investment.
lautantepi

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:08:37 AM

my biggest regret as a bitcoin holder is when prices go down and down, which is likely to decline or price correction that may make the dumping holders always decrease in price, I am not pessimistic about it.
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:27:40 PM

If everyone now holding bitcoin they afraid that what if bitcoin will not go higher the price and it became nothing. That my thought about others holding bitcoin now.
Holding is good because it is way to get profit from your bitcoin, in this age a lot of users are making money by holding bitcoin and it does not cost anything. Price of bitcoin is growing with time so if they will hold bitcoin for long time it is sure that their future with bitcoin will be bright and people will win max amount of profit from it so holding is not the fear price of sure to increase within this year.
Radnie

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:44:31 PM

My greatest fears as a bitcoin holder is when the government set an order to declare bitcoin as illegal activities then this matter will bring bitcoin trouble.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:31:17 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Undoubtedly there are endless threats that prevent a holder from enjoying the tranquility that implies a future of economic prosperity, because all the time the bitcoin seems to be suspended on a thread of uncertainty. In my case I have seen my investments plunge 50% due to the high volatility, I have suffered several hacks, bad exchange services and the threat of the government to freeze my investments, which does not allow me to live in peace.
MCM10

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:07:45 PM

my fear is if there is no internet, because if there is no internet then can not access bitcoin and whatever it is, and the loss of coin bitcoin and ethereum from wallet wallet is taken by hacker.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:59:07 AM

There are lots of things that we should be afraid of. World is full of dangerous people. But there are also circumstances that may take our breath away. I guess, my greatest fears as a bitcoin holder is that whatever I have now, whatever I worked hard for, may lose its value. My country may ban here, therefore, I can't use this anymore. Being scammed. No matter how long you use this, there are still people who will try and scam you. Also, when bitcoin will fall down and stop working and never find a way up again.
Life is full of risk, either  these are in real life or in virtual world. For example if you have money at your home and other expensive things for your daily life and some one steel these things from your home. Same can be the case in online world. There always chances that some one will take your money from your online wallet, that can even happen in exchanges as we have some examples from previous time when exchanges hacked and people lost their money. We need to be cautious both in day life as well as online affairs.
russella31

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:43:43 PM

As of now I am not a bitcoin holder because I just joined recently. But once I will be a bitcoin holder, my biggest fear would be losing money in investing in the wrong platform. My other fear that bitcoin might be banned and so that would be a big problem for bitcoin holders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: