Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the advantage of Bitcoin from ETH?  (Read 428 times)
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:28:23 PM

Bitcoin is the original which is why it costs a lot and has a wider reputation. However, it has no real use other than a store of value, so perhaps another coin will overtake it - but not in the near future

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:46:43 PM

Bitcoin is the original which is why it costs a lot and has a wider reputation. However, it has no real use other than a store of value, so perhaps another coin will overtake it - but not in the near future
I do not quite understand the intent of them will take that position? what do you mean is another coin will take the position of the bitcoin current? or what kind? if like that I think this is a very difficult thing other coins to do as well as BTC and ETH.

In transactions ETH is faster than BTC. ETH only takes 2-5 minutes to complete a transaction. while BTC in my opinion very slow in completing the transaction.
the advantage is that they are so expensive if BTC makes the transaction slower because many people use a large fee so our transaction is not a priority by the miners. vice versa with ETH, currently still relatively fast to make transactions.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:41:25 PM

I just compared the benefits of Bitcoin vs Etherium.
I send ETH and BTC at the same time into an exchange.
In transactions ETH is faster than BTC. ETH only takes 2-5 minutes to complete a transaction. while BTC in my opinion very slow in completing the transaction.
My question What is the advantage of BTC from ETH and why is Bitcoin more expensive than ETH?
Thanks
Though they both have their own usefulness, and judging based on the fact of transaction is not something we should be using to give ETH an edge over BTC. The two are not similar in any way and they both have huge differences.

First, bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, while Ethereum on the other hand is a public blockchain platform used in executing decentralized smart contracts with its own cryptocurrency called ether.

Although, Ethereum really exploits the huge blockchain potential, but can it ever overtake bitcoin ? I doubt!
We should not forget the fact that ethereum is an inflationary coin while bitcoin is deflationary

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mmmmyah

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:45:39 PM

Did you use a bitcoin segwit wallet or legacy? Also the lightning network is coming to bitcoin so your transaction speed analysis will be moot. What's more important is that bitcoin is a lot more decentralized and mature than ETH and is deflationary.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:20:57 PM

Means nothing brother. There are irrelevant Altcoins that are way faster than Ethereum.. does not mean they are better.
The slowness is as a result of Bitcoin being an old coin and having too many transactions. Fortunately it is going through massive upgrades soon that would certainly make it way faster and much more improved
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:27:00 PM

Means nothing brother. There are irrelevant Altcoins that are way faster than Ethereum.. does not mean they are better.
The slowness is as a result of Bitcoin being an old coin and having too many transactions. Fortunately it is going through massive upgrades soon that would certainly make it way faster and much more improved

Bitcoin users and signature campaign earners will get any project or signature campaign to make some amount with the Ethereum based smart contract projects. Whenever the block and network size increases that time bitcoin confirmed time upgraded and make it faster.
Sure that will faster everytime you get the updation in bitcoin like segwit activation or hard fork.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:29:04 PM

Bitcoin for me is the real deal. Rest all I consider them to be shitcoins, that including ETH. THe value of Etherium had spiked because Initial coin offerings exploded this year. As these ICO' get regulated, the value of ETH should come down.

Diunusov86

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:34:35 PM

At the moment, purely technical Bitcoin is better than any other crypto currency, token or digital asset. In this regard, Bitcoin has a certain influence on all other crypto-currencies.
Bitcoin is more expensive, because it is scarcer, since its quantity is limited to 21 million. Ethereum has more than 92 million coins in circulation
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: