Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:39:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bearish] The Dangerous Reason Why Bitcoin Just Hit Yet Another New High  (Read 1383 times)
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:03:30 PM

I love how people are getting worried about how Wall Street could tarnish Bitcoin's reputation. And rightfully so, unfortunately. Oh how times have changed.
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I've been thinking about this for some time now, and I think this is the first I've run across it in a thread here.  For the longest time, everyone has of course been wanting price to continue to go up, and many are looking forward to the big financial institutions getting involved, as that will like contribute to a further price increase.  However, with all of their money will come all of their power and influence.  Everyone complains about how they manipulate all of the other financial markets of the world.  Cryptos will be their next target.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:29:39 PM

Dude this is just a small rise you can say . I don't think that bankers can manipulate much of this . But basically I feel that if wall Street and involve in Bitcoin then you will see all new level of Bitcoin.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:52:31 PM

Dude this is just a small rise you can say . I don't think that bankers can manipulate much of this . But basically I feel that if wall Street and involve in Bitcoin then you will see all new level of Bitcoin.
It's not huge yet, but I think their power over bitcoin is growing.  The more they become interested in it, the more influence they will have over it, for better or for worse.  Right now, it's simply a question of whether or not the big banks will get involved.  The more they talk about doing so, the more bitcoin's price is going to go up because that will further legitimize bitcoin and increase adoption, not to mention bring in millions--maybe even billions--of dollars in investment money.  The more the banks shun it, the more negative the impact will be on price, now that more people are thinking that big banks will get involved at some point in the near future.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:41:56 PM

Call me a contrarian or a bear but I still agree with Joe Saluzzi's fear in the CME group's listing of a bitcoin derivative. I reckon that it will be the Wall Street bankers who will be bringing a real crisis in the cryptospace. They will come in and suck more money from the community, faster than the ICO scammers.

Those bankers will be here to take our money, not to help bitcoin or other cyptocoins.

Saluzzi told CNBC that he liked the concept of Bitcoin, but has a problem with the idea “that on Wall Street the innovators are trying to package something up and put a derivative label on it when they really don’t know what’s underneath.”

“It reminds me of the financial crisis all over again,” he said.

Read the article http://fortune.com/2017/11/01/bitcoin-6600-high-cme-futures/

+1. You’ve really upped the quality of your posts lately.

Goldman Sachs (according to Brock Pierce) is apparently involved with the $2 billion EOS token sale.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:51:23 PM

Everyone complains about how they manipulate all of the other financial markets of the world.  Cryptos will be their next target.

Complaining is pointless, because if you're completely honest to yourself, you would know that when institutions enter this market with their war load of billions, they will completely change this market. Even current whales that are pushing the market back and forth are nothing more than a joke compared to these entities. Bitcoin and crypto in general is no longer a joke or fun/hobby thing like some people here think it is - these times came to an end a few years ago. It may sound harsh to some people, but Bitcoin is indeed nothing more than the next thing for them to bank on. They will chew on this market, and once there is no more taste left, they spit it out and move on to whatever else they find interesting enough.
Lompe

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:28:21 PM

Of course they come into the market to make money, and what is wrong about that ? That is just what about any trader makes. If you are not trading bitcoins yourself on this platform, you risk absolutely nothing. And this being said, I am not sure there is any actual risk, of any nature with those newcomers.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:49:04 PM

I mean it's both sides. They could definitely drive up the price further with the implementation of a derivative for bitcoin or whatnot. However it'll definitely centralize the price manipulation that we already see from whales.

In the end, there is really nothing we can do. This is one of the costs of going mainstream.

It's too early to judge, but even if BTC does go up, the more it goes up the harder the crash is going to be in the end.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:07:37 AM

Of course they come into the market to make money, and what is wrong about that ? That is just what about any trader makes. If you are not trading bitcoins yourself on this platform, you risk absolutely nothing. And this being said, I am not sure there is any actual risk, of any nature with those newcomers.
You're talking about the futures contract that the CME group is going to introduce, correct?  First, that is a pure derivative.  There will be no actual bitcoin trading through CME.  But that doesn't mean that it won't have a huge impact on bitcoin.  A bitcoin futures contract will allow large financial institutions to easily take a particular side (price will go up or it will go down).  Once they do that, they could make up all kinds of news/FUD to manipulate bitcoin into going the direction they want it to go so they make money on their contracts.  They might also find ways to buy into bitcoin directly in large amounts and hoard/dump coins at the right times to make their futures contracts more profitable.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:43:46 AM

Why do you care what they are doing with bitcoin and it's market? You just keep hodling your bitcoins, No one will touch them, When price goes high enough you either sell out and cash out your profit and then start crying when you see price is going higher Cheesy Or you'll keep them for another 7 years. You could solve this problem by refusing to sell your bitcoins.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:33:01 AM

+1. You’ve really upped the quality of your posts lately.

Goldman Sachs (according to Brock Pierce) is apparently involved with the $2 billion EOS token sale.

Follow-up:

I wonder when more people will realize that EOS is a scam.

very shady terms if anyone bothered to read them... lost all my respect out there.

Mind pointing to specifics?

I couldn't find anything that suggests that EOS is a scam. Sure it looks like Dan Larimer just making profit off the gigantic ICO that they are holding and the whole platform seems to be an integration of Steem + Bitshares, but then, it's up to the investors whether or not they're interested and want to invest.

1. Claiming they are not subject to US securities laws because they claim they did not sell to US persons, yet it is documented that US persons did purchase the token sale. They refused to do KYC to prevent US persons from participating. Ditto for Chinese, Koreans, UK, Canadians, and other countries which have strict securities laws and are cracking down. So they incorporate in the Caymans and presumably expect to hide behind layers of lawyers. Let’s see how that works out for them and those accomplices affiliates like @chryspano.

2. Running the ICO for a year so they can pump hype about being ahead of schedule, cause the price to jump way up so they can sell, then let the price crash back down so they buy their own ICO. Recycling their money over and over again to extract maximum rents from the ecosystem while ending up with most of the ICO tokens for themselves via numerous sockpuppets same as they did for Steem. Running their tokens through Bitfinex in Hong Kong with that Tether et al scam that Brock Pierce is involved with so presumably they can obscure the disposals of the funds to fiat so as to obscure how their extensive organized crime syndicate is buying their own ICO. Look into the conglomerate structure of the parent companies of Bitfinex and climb down that rabbit hole. Even Dan announced in a blog that they would do this admitting in writing that he is scamming.

3. Documented upthread that the ICO is designed to be algorithmically gamed (details linked upthread) so that this is unfair. Dan was warned about this before launch and chose to ignore it.

4. Terms of the token sale claim that the tokens are not be part of any future software distribution, and that there is no common enterprise because the funds raised are not being used to create such a software distribution, yet in videos  and promotions they claim exactly the opposite that they are using the funds to develop what will be the software distribution. Clearly all the speculators here expect the tokens to be the tokens of the software distribution.

5. Lying about their technology. Ridiculing other experts (including PhDs of computer science from Tendermint, Vitalik, and myself) who write correctly about their technology.

6. Failing to admit that DPoS only functions properly if the stake (tokens) are controlled by an oligarchy of whales.

7. Lying about the past performance of the technology, even having their shills here declare me a liar when I point about that the Steem system has been DDoS attacked numerous times because the zero transaction fee nonsense does not fund the perimeter nodes of the system.

Vitalik was interviewed:

Concerns about as well as regulatory measures to control initial coin offering (ICO) is on the rise. Are ICOs a necessary part of the process in the development of a blockchain ecosystem?

ICOs are a powerful tool and one that in many cases is an important aid in funding protocol development. In general, open-source protocols are very hard to monetize, and so the fact that in this particular area, we actually do have a way to monetize protocol development is something that we should be thankful for.

However, they also have their flaws, and I think many of these flaws arise from the fact that even though the ICOs are happening on a decentralized platform, the ICOs themselves are hardly centralized; they inherently involve many people trusting a single development team with potentially over $200 million of funding.

There are also not very good incentives for people to produce information to help people determine which projects are worth participating in. I think in the medium term, getting funds with ICOs will get harder, regardless of whether or not regulation is implemented.

Vitalik is wrong. There are numerous methods for monetizing open source:

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/magic-cauldron/magic-cauldron.html

All of them require actually producing something that people use first before monetizing.

Apparently Dan has decided to go the direction of the Wall Street criminal syndicate and cashing out before producing things that are valuable. Steem has no viable business model. Dan is only creating scams that require more greater fools to sustain them. Nobody is willing to pay anything for a Steem blog. There is no actual commerce going on over at Steem.

What is going on now is selling ICO bags to grandmothers. Once we have all the ICO tokens in the hands of n00bs, then the crypto winter comes and that is when the regulators come in because so many grandmothers will have lost their life savings. Because as Vitalik has accurately predicted, 90+% of all ICO tokens will go to zero.

This is what Goldman Sachs does. They did it to Greece for example. Dan is an accomplice and maybe they will leave him hanging out to dry as one of the fall guys. We’ll see…
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:40:08 AM

Its true and its very reasonable to be bearish now considering the rapid price appreciation that no one anticipated in such a short time. The inevitable correction will happen, and when the investors who invest into the CME futures without knowing this see the drop, its just going to be further bad publicity for btc. As he has rightly pointed out, they dont care about the technology or about its future, only how many customers they can get while the iron is hot.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:04:50 PM

It still need to get regulators approval,hard task for regulators,how thay will classified btc,commodity no,currency no,asset no,sow how thay will name btc,maybe Dimon nightmare

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:11:48 PM

The difference is, imagine what the price per house would be if there were only 21M mortgages in the world to "package up" into derivatives trading, and mortgage ETFs were trading all over the world on various exchanges 24/7.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:13:51 PM

Certainly, we don't have the power. The only concern of users in fact is to profit. It is not that of a surprise though. That is why I also do not trust bankers. The legality it brought to the country where I am from certainly has a reason. Especially knowing that there are no projects about bitcoin towards its use in the future.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:49:30 PM

We'll the only crisis that they can inflict to the crypto is regulations from the government, other than that I don't see anything that could stop or harm the momentum of bitcoin. And if ever thee is it will only be temporary for sure.

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: