Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My activity is going up by itself!!!  (Read 187 times)
BeetcoinScummer (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:43:09 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 12:59:09 PM by BeetcoinScummer

Grin Grin Grin

Seriously though, this is my junk account. I stopped posting for a couple of months and come back to find that my activity has gone up by over 100 points!!!

It turns out that some illiterate is posting using my account even while I was logged in. He never changed my password, so I managed to take back control of my account and I am now deleting some of his garbage. Yeah, even though this is my junk account his posts don't even qualify to remain ...

What I am saying is be careful. I don't think I changed my password after the 2015 hack. It was 9 characters of gibberish (upper-case, lower-case, numeric, special character) so it could not have been a dictionary attack. Yet they managed to crack it as a set of 9 characters is apparently no longer sufficiently complex.

EDIT: Looks like my account has a potential rank of Hero Member. My guess is that these scumbags are silently ranking up hacked accounts that appear to be abandoned without initially changing the passwords. Then when the desired rank is reached, they will sell the account and change the password at the same time, leaving the buyer and the original account holder to sort things out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: