Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Amazon Integrate Bitcoin?  (Read 3709 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:50:55 PM

It's pretty strange they haven't done it before. Amazon is at the cutting edge ecommerce.
Some other websites allow crypto payments years ago. Don't know what they wait for. Maybe they wany to develop their own crypto on the blockchain, who knows? Smiley

They maybe afraid of the volatility of bitcoin and they don't want to take the risk before. But there are rumors that soon they will now start to use bitcoin and accept payments through it. We may consider those other websites that are into bitcoin for an early time but yet if Amazon decides for themselves we can't do anything for it, we just have to wait for their decision and one day they will be into crypto already.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:56:20 PM

I doubt that they will be doing that anytime soon. The VP of Amazon recently stated that there is no market need to integrate Bitcoin and therefore they currently do not have plans to implement BTC nor other digital currencies as payment solutions.
And I think he is right bitcoin is great but there are not enough people using bitcoin at the moment in order to justify adopting bitcoin, I know that we all would like for amazon to accept bitcoin but there is not a reason for them to do it, there is no money in it, there are going to be all kind of troubles with scammers and it is not part of their ideology, so they gain nothing by accepting bitcoin.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:06:54 PM

I doubt that they will be doing that anytime soon. The VP of Amazon recently stated that there is no market need to integrate Bitcoin and therefore they currently do not have plans to implement BTC nor other digital currencies as payment solutions.
And I think he is right bitcoin is great but there are not enough people using bitcoin at the moment in order to justify adopting bitcoin, I know that we all would like for amazon to accept bitcoin but there is not a reason for them to do it, there is no money in it, there are going to be all kind of troubles with scammers and it is not part of their ideology, so they gain nothing by accepting bitcoin.
How are people going to scam Amazon with Bitcoin...? The payments are irreversible, so Amazon would actually have increased security over traditional payment methods.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:17:44 AM

Yes they can, They have professional software engineer's that can handle the programming stuff's and it will be depending on the ceo if they will implement a bitcoin transaction in their website.
They will, indeed. Amazon is the world biggest shopping store that works online and when they see the prices of bitcoins and people are willing to use bitcoin instead of cash, then will turn up their heads and work on it. Every good thing takes time and gradually everything just get influence with it. Same will happen with bitcoin, when it will be easily available in market, then all these shopping stores will integrate it.
c-none

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:20:56 AM

I think they will go with their own currency.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:02:05 PM

Yes, and they will.

Just give them some time, they will catch up like the rest of them.
interactivecrypto

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:04:11 PM

yes they will integrate they buy a few domain name  read it here:https://www.interactivecrypto.com/will-amazon-accept-cryptocurrency-payments/
Nwereonye

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:13:01 PM

Yes, it is very likely because I feel bitcoin has made a name for itself in the currency market. Most e-commerce sites have already adopted it.
bstewart

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

How are people going to scam Amazon with Bitcoin...? The payments are irreversible, so Amazon would actually have increased security over traditional payment methods.

Yeah I doubt scamming will be a big issue here. And Amazon will still peg it to the dollar so returns would be relevant to dollar amount and not bitcoin.
Xember

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:21:07 PM

I believe so. Amazon is one of the biggest online buy and sell company around the world. I think they have the suffecient technology and staff to implement bitcoin in their system. The only question that is running in my mind is when will they start integrating it. Hopefully, they’ll do it sooner because a lot of bitcoin user will be pleased.
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 07:13:04 PM

Of Course no. high risk to be scammed . Amazon is already biggest online shop platform. i dont think so that amazon can take a risk and add bitcoin payment system.

margarete11

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:24:09 PM

I believe so. Amazon is one of the biggest online buy and sell company around the world. I think they have the suffecient technology and staff to implement bitcoin in their system. The only question that is running in my mind is when will they start integrating it. Hopefully, they’ll do it sooner because a lot of bitcoin user will be pleased.
yup agree if amazon really wanted to make bitcoin as one of there payment gateway it could be done instantly however the problem is amazon might not implement it due to unknown reason , it would be good if they do but I doubt it will actually happen.
bakunawaaa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:39:41 PM

Sorry. I fail to see what the big hurdle is. Can you please explain.
John Wick

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:42:31 PM

Amazon would create its own blockchain. This can be either a separate blockchain or they can adopt bitcoin and they can prepare a solution desk system where people can also make their claims about refund. This is up to amazon. They can still hold the funds until the buyer approves the shopping.
noel2123

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:52:16 PM

Amazon would create its own blockchain. This can be either a separate blockchain or they can adopt bitcoin and they can prepare a solution desk system where people can also make their claims about refund. This is up to amazon. They can still hold the funds until the buyer approves the shopping.
possible this was actually make sense , since amazon is one of the big company  on electronic commerce they are capable of doing there own blockchain where they can have there own sort of rules ! surely I will look forward to this
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:22:23 PM

If amazon decided to integration with bitcoin, what will the current amazon alternatives in the market do? There are many cryptocurrency market places projects. some of them in ico phase.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:36:26 PM

Maybe this time amazon is still doubted the capabilities of bitcoin. I believe they are making steps/plan towards crypto. Or they are just waiting that bitcoin is fully established and some big companies accepting it. Anyway, not only amazon are planning on that way and maybe we are just surprise by next year that all of them are in crypto.
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:54:51 PM

They can clearly can but the only problem is do merchants on amazon will accept this update and changes issued by the amazon company if they issued bitcoins as one of payment methods.I think that some merchants will not accept it
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:17:34 PM

They can clearly can but the only problem is do merchants on amazon will accept this update and changes issued by the amazon company if they issued bitcoins as one of payment methods.I think that some merchants will not accept it
Who cares whether the merchants accepts bitcoin or not ,if they let users to purchase the products with bitcoin they could cash out immediately and there is nothing worrying about the volatility we have with bitcoin if they could cash out immediately and they could come up with a good front end.
tomotan

Activity: 617

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:33:26 PM

Jesus...i really hope so...this whole amazon gift cards trading monkey business stops...:-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: