Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do card holders like Visa provide information to Central Banks?  (Read 793 times)
glenrey79

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:19:43 AM

I think since Visa, Mastercard and the like are financial institution they are required to provide client's information to authorities, specially regulating bodies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SheepJEFF

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:17:28 PM

NO! they are not allowed to divulge such information unless authority ask for it.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:05:35 PM

NO! they are not allowed to divulge such information unless authority ask for it.
In some countries they have to report immediately. And if there are any irregularities there might be a thorough investigation.
promoza

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:02:05 PM

All banks work with goverment, all of them, except virtual ones!
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:02:48 PM

There are no "virtual banks" that do not have to comply with KYC and AML.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:56:33 AM

Hey there! New here.

I've been using the Bitwala debit card for a while to withdraw money. I think Bitwala is amazing and actually I'm thinking about investing in their next ICO! the service is perfect and the fees are the lowest in the market.

Anywa, the thing is I'm a little bit worried that they (or Wave Crest Holdings, or VISA) would give my information to ECB or to the Central Bank of the country I live (Europe). I would like to keep withdrawing BTC in the Bitwala card without having to worry about the tax agencies or the government messing around. Do you think they have a way of finding out? I'm a little lost here.

Thank you!

Of course they will. They practically have to. As if there is a gun a few inches from their nape. But with regards to taxes nobody can really force you to pay the right amount of taxes. It is your money afterall. You earned it.

JeffArryn (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:41:42 AM

Thank you all for your comments.

What I understood from your advice is that there is no automatic report of information on clients by banks or by Visa, but if required, or if any suspicious activity, they are forced to do that. So I think unless I do something stupid or crazy I'm gonna be fine. At least that's what I understood!

Thank you all again.
promoza

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:46:59 AM

Virtual bank "AdvCash.com" Check that out!
JeffArryn (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:07:54 PM

Really? Not KYC policy? I understood this is a policy enforced by VISA and they use a Visa, I dont understand that.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:15:16 PM

Check the actual modalities. You still have to comply with KYC/AML if you want to be able to use your money. You're just adding an extra step at outrageously high fees. Not to mention that it's completely foolish to go entrust your money to some pseudo-bank.
JeffArryn (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:30:10 PM

Yes at least Bitwala are very upfront in all their procedures like KYC and especially with the fees.

They made a comparison between the major card providers, cheapest of the market as far as I know (adv cash second place), totally recommended:

https://blog.bitwala.com/does-bitwala-have-the-best-bitcoin-debit-card-on-the-market-353ab50b34e3

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliate on Bitwala or part of them, just a happy costumer.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:34:07 PM

Yes at least Bitwala are very upfront in all their procedures like KYC and especially with the fees.

They made a comparison between the major card providers, cheapest of the market as far as I know (adv cash second place), totally recommended:

https://blog.bitwala.com/does-bitwala-have-the-best-bitcoin-debit-card-on-the-market-353ab50b34e3

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliate on Bitwala or part of them, just a happy costumer.
Are there any legitimate non-KYC cards left at this point? Seems like all died out recently.
JeffArryn (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:45:54 PM

Are there any legitimate non-KYC cards left at this point? Seems like all died out recently.

I don't think so, they all use Visa/West Crave as a card provider, and for that very reason all have to comply with Visa KYC policies. If you know one let me know Wink
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:56:13 PM

I don't think so, they all use Visa/West Crave as a card provider, and for that very reason all have to comply with Visa KYC policies. If you know one let me know Wink
There were some on Google, but they had extremely high fees and looked like scams, so I don't really know one I would recommend right now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: