Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-02]Bitcoin Price Climbs Above $7,000 for the First Time Ever  (Read 2435 times)
patrickUN (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:30:46 AM

Any guesses as to what is currently driving the whole world crazy??  You’re right, its Bitcoin! This week has been a marathon run in the price of this most valued cryptocurrency with a jump of almost 10-15% in past four days itself. Bitcoin has once again touched a new high above $7000. As per coinmarketcap.com, Bitcoin is currently trading at $7026.47 with a more than staggering $3.5B trade volume in past 24-hours. Now Bitcoin itself contributes a $117B in valuations in the $189B market cap of cryptocurrencies.

One of the major news that has fueled this unprecedented rally is the fact that two major exchanges from U.S. have announced starting the Bitcoin Futures Contracts. CME Group Inc. – world’s largest futures market operator has said that it will soon start cash-settled Bitcoin futures contract by the year-end and is currently waiting for an approval from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Just a few months back, the CME Group has rejected any such plans but now says that it had to reconsider its decision owing to huge client demands. All the cash settled Bitcoin futures contract will be based on the CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate* (BRR).

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/11/02/bitcoin-price-climbs-7000-first-time-ever/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marckenigsberg

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 08:12:10 AM

There is still plenty of crypto time left in 2017.
The next two months are going to be insane!

cammie16

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:16:10 AM

Any guesses as to what is currently driving the whole world crazy??  You’re right, its Bitcoin! This week has been a marathon run in the price of this most valued cryptocurrency with a jump of almost 10-15% in past four days itself. Bitcoin has once again touched a new high above $7000. As per coinmarketcap.com, Bitcoin is currently trading at $7026.47 with a more than staggering $3.5B trade volume in past 24-hours. Now Bitcoin itself contributes a $117B in valuations in the $189B market cap of cryptocurrencies.

One of the major news that has fueled this unprecedented rally is the fact that two major exchanges from U.S. have announced starting the Bitcoin Futures Contracts. CME Group Inc. – world’s largest futures market operator has said that it will soon start cash-settled Bitcoin futures contract by the year-end and is currently waiting for an approval from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Just a few months back, the CME Group has rejected any such plans but now says that it had to reconsider its decision owing to huge client demands. All the cash settled Bitcoin futures contract will be based on the CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate* (BRR).

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/11/02/bitcoin-price-climbs-7000-first-time-ever/

I have a feeling that it's because of the segwit2? Those holder of btc will have 1:1 ratio. Im not sure, this also happened last forked of bch.
I wish all altcoins price will go up too, most of altcoins have low price now. Sad

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:38:14 AM

Honestly I was expected a correction of the price after 25th of October, but the price just continue to beat new and new records! Everybody were saying that 10000$ is the target for the next year only, but now I am asking myself: "maybe this year already?" Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:32:28 AM

It seems that Japan and South Korea have pushed the market a bit further than the west, but that's not much to be surprised about considering the higher overall demand there. The only actual USD exchange having reached $7000 was GDAX, and the rest of the exchanges who reached $7000 and up were all in non USD nomination.

Honestly I was expected a correction of the price after 25th of October, but the price just continue to beat new and new records!
BTG is too insigificant to make people buy up the market significantly, just for the purpose of ending up with more split coins. S2X on the other hand, might be the one taking the market down after the chain has officially split. For that reason I do expect a correction to kick in after the fork. See it as a very decent buy back opportunity, because from time to time it's good to cash out some profits, which is exactly what I did.

Everybody were saying that 10000$ is the target for the next year only, but now I am asking myself: "maybe this year already?" Smiley
Nothing is impossible anymore, that is a proven fact this year.
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:21:03 AM

Bitcoinov beats price records and it's great. However, it is bad that the majority of altcoyins, including the etherium, do not grow in price together with bitcoin. This creates a certain imbalance in the use of crypto currency in general. After all, most of the altcoyins before conversion to fiat must first be converted to bitcoin.
metricspigjump

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:31:46 AM

Woah,  thanks for the update.  It's almost at 7.05k atm.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:52:56 AM

This is crazy. I thought those speculation on the $10k is about to happen next year but after seeing btc reaching another all time high to $7k , I think it is going to happen in the last weeks of this year. I'm happy on what is happening but also worried at the same time and I don't know why.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: