Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:43:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I hate 90% of Bitcoin investors  (Read 2541 times)
Anonymous Kid (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:14:01 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 07:54:46 PM by Anonymous Kid

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me. 90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing! Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin. I only just heard of it 7 months ago and henceforth, have become OBSESSED with crypto. Now I've dropped out of school for crypto and it really does my nut in when all I hear is "Bitcoin to $10K!", "Bitcoin to $20k!".

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k. That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson. 90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them. They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".

Smh.

Rant over.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yasuoWasakey99

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:15:20 AM

Well everyone wants to make money 95% of the users are here to make extra money and learn more about coins as well. Nobody would do something for bitcoin if you didn't get money.

So calm down. Some users are here also for hobby and they get extra money.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:20:04 AM

That is the painful truth my friend unfortunately Bitcoin's purpose as a currency only comes second now as many people including me make money out of it and really it is not my fault I came from a country where cryptocurrency is yet to be use in any kind of transactions so mostly I am trap with trading and converting Bitcoin to Fiat currency. And why do you need to hate them or us? We are just taking advantage of the price movement of it we are buyers who are hoping to have a extra few cash for our expenses. And from my understanding at your age which is 16 you have decided to dropped out of school in order to go full time with cryptocurrency, which you are becoming a profit-taker yourself.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Anonymous Kid (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:20:59 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 02:34:38 PM by Anonymous Kid

Well everyone wants to make money 95% of the users are here to make extra money and learn more about coins as well. Nobody would do something for bitcoin if you didn't get money.

No! The point was never to "make money". The point was to revolutionise the way in which we represent a medium of exchange and providing a new, secure way in which it can be done without a centralised authority.

If your only here to make money then I politely ask for you leave. Because in the long-run, if you stop making money, we all know that 100% of that 90% would leave without a second thought. They don't give two cents about what bitcoin represents or how it is so game-changing. Purely here because of greed.
BTCwoker

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:21:19 AM

I don't think so that they are doing wrong. You can make millions with http://btcwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22838&sid=ef6c1a24c7725dc13b256f8a806ba7b8
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:29:51 AM

Only 10 % are patiently waiting for the next correction before buying bitcoin again. They are not like FOMO guys out there (maybe the 90%?)  because the opportunity comes in the right time.

good luck  Wink

ratiobitcoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:30:11 AM

of all the good aspects bitcoin offers as a decentralized currency i'm wondering more and more about it's value as a usable currency especially if you keep the transactions fees and the time it takes to settle a transaction. so therefore investment-trading with bitcoin seems to be a reasonable part of it.

mrcryptosocial

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:34:34 AM

Most people that investing bitcoin now, are just investing to make money. It annoys the hell out of me. 90% of people haven't read the white paper! Don't even know why decentralisation is a good thing! Don't know why the blockchain is such a revolutionary invention! It annoys me so much! These people just invest because they want to "get rich quick".

And the annoying thing is that if someone had told me about bitcoin 6 years ago, I still would have put all of my money into it. Unfortunately I'm only 16 so I didn't know ANYONE (when I was 9) that would tell me about bitcoin. I only just heard of it 7 months ago and henceforth, have become OBSESSED with crypto. Now I've dropped out of school for crypto and it really does my nut in when all I hear is "Bitcoin to $10K!", "Bitcoin to $20k!".

Deep down I actually hope that the bubble (yes it is a mini-bubble) pops after the Segwit fork and that the price goes back down to $2k. That way all of these stupid investors can suck their thumbs and get taught a lesson. 90% of these people also would have said bitcoin was a scam 9-15 months ago but now look at them. They run around like fucking idiots screaming "BLOCKCHAAINN!!!", "DECENTRALISATIONNNN!!!".

Smh.

Rant over.
Its not their fault pal.
If some thing is big it need to proof it self and now bitcoin proof itself.
So more people are interested.
You want people to believe in the community then the price must rise more .
You cannot get people into something just because its a great technology.
The believe in something that make something good to great.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:37:27 AM

That makes sense right? But these "stupid" investors you are referring is not really stupid. Do you think they are millionaires now if they are "stupid"? And also, if the price dumps all the way back to $2000, do you think that it will be staying there? no, these investors will make a way to get back the price to the top, add also the people who are wanting to buy bitcoin at a lower price.
rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:39:04 AM

its hard to accept most of bitcoin user the main intention is to get rich, but not all of them are same intention  some people have an princeples the other bitcoin user join and accept bitcoin as first decentralized digital currency to learn the modern technology new era of currency not only for income but have good intention to become educated in the cryptocurrency, the income is an extra benefits for the day today's expensive is enough to the people want to be educated in bitcoin.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 10:39:19 AM

Why does it matter if they haven't read the whitepaper or don't care or know anything about decentralization?
The fact that these people are using Bitcoin should be enough, no?

Most of us want mass-adoption, it's a bit silly to expect everyone who buys Bitcoin to first read the whitepaper and know of all technical aspects.

No! The point was never to "make money". The point was to revolutionise the way in which we represent a medium of exchange and providing a new, secure way in which it can be done without a third intermediary.

If your only here to make money then I politely ask for you to fuck off. Because in the long-run, if you stop making money, we all know that 100% of that 90% would leave without a second thought. They don't give two cents about what bitcoin represents or how it is so game-changing. Purely here because of greed.
You're in no place to tell anyone to 'fuck off', you don't get to decide why someone should or shouldn't use Bitcoin. You sound very elitist tbh and I disagree with your notion that the Bitcoin community should be some elite club of people who are only in it because of ideological reasons.

Anonymous Kid (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:43:42 AM

Why does it matter if they haven't read the whitepaper or don't care or know anything about decentralization?

Most of us want mass-adoption, it's a bit silly to expect everyone who buys Bitcoin to first read the whitepaper and know of all technical aspects.

No! The point was never to "make money". The point was to revolutionise the way in which we represent a medium of exchange and providing a new, secure way in which it can be done without a third intermediary.

If your only here to make money then I politely ask for you to fuck off. Because in the long-run, if you stop making money, we all know that 100% of that 90% would leave without a second thought. They don't give two cents about what bitcoin represents or how it is so game-changing. Purely here because of greed.
You're in no place to tell anyone to 'fuck off', you don't get to decide why someone should or shouldn't use Bitcoin. You sound very elitist tbh and I disagree with your notion that the Bitcoin community should be some elite club of people who are only in it because of ideological reasons.

These people aren't using it because they wan't to make payments etc. They are just buying it to make money; Therein lies the problem. They are not "adopting" bitcoin, they are using it to try and make a quick buck. Honestly, I think bitcoin is massively overvalued - About 1% of merchants accept it. Unless this new money keeps on flowing in or, bitcoin gets accepted by Amazon, eBay or another mainstream commerce company in the near future, the music is going to stop and with it, the price.

By all means, if you are buying bitcoin to purchase a car, make an over-seas transaction or, use it for gambling then go ahead. In fact it is 100% beneficial for the ecosystem to do so. Because at least then, you are using bitcoin for it's intended purpose; As a medium of exchange.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:47:26 AM

it is sad to know that you are drop out on school because of the obsession on crypto, although you can learn how the crypto currecny works via the internet and this forum. but the actual knowledge you will learn in life that the school will give you are not limited. It is still better to go to school so you will learn more. Like what you are posting here. It is annoy you that 90% of bitcoiner right now is swim on the sea for quick money and to get rich. Which what the inventor want is to be apart on the government and bank: "Decentralization" and the blockhain is one of the new revolutionary creation. If you will study more on school you will See, feel and visualize their vision why people are now swimming on the sea.

REMEMBER: They are Investors which means They are business minded.

you wish to have or pop a bubble to make those 90% investors cry! do you think they well let it happen?

nesterpu

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:47:44 AM

Smh.

Rant over.
Do you hate 90% of all bitcoin investors? Or are you jealous of them as they are increasingly becoming rich. What you think may never happen.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:50:29 AM

I consider miners as third intermediary, as your transaction will get stuck without them.
without investors, bitcoin price will not reach current price, over $7400. Event though many people or mostly will cash out their investment in order to extract profits.
waiting for the price drop back and then buy back in the dip, again.
Unfortunately, this happen due to most government doesn't legalize bitcoin as legal payment such in Japan. It's not easy to spend bitcoin directly whenever you are shoping in a grocery or merchant. Until the time has come when I can spend bitcoin easily, directly, everywhere, bitcoin still become an asset for me, a store of value.
Anonymous Kid (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:56:46 AM

I consider miners as third intermediary, as your transaction will get stuck without them.

Apologies, I should have said centralised authority.

directly whenever you are shoping in a grocery or merchant. Until the time has come when I can spend bitcoin easily, directly, everywhere, bitcoin still become an asset for me, a store of value.

This is why I think it is so overvalued. Unless the commerce and use-cases for bitcoin can catch up with the current price, a lot of people are going to lose money because of the dip that is inevitably going to come.
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:59:46 AM

OMG you dropped out of school for crypto!??  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is a HUGE mistake. Sorry kid, but I don't think you completely understand the concept of money and living.

Some of these people on here are crazy and maybe stupid, but dropping out of school to rely on crypto was beyond stupid. (No offense, but it is. I'm not gonna sugar coat it). If there is a way to get back in school I would consider it.

It is hard enough to get a good job without a college degree. Trying to get a good job without a high school education is even harder. You better hope that Bitcoin succeeds, because if it doesn't you're going to be in a world of hurt. This should be a good lesson for you why it isn't good to put all your eggs in one basket. If crypto fails, your life is going to be very very difficult.

People are excited about money, because money is very hard to earn. This kind of money that people are getting is life changing for a lot of people. For some people, they will be able to pursue certain passions that would not be available to them otherwise. Money is essentially freedom, especially if you're poor.

While Bitcoin is a revolutionary concept, if I had waited to read the white paper and a whole bunch of other stuff before hoping in I would have missed out on a good opportunity. Sometimes you have to recognize an opportunity where your knowledge on something may not be as great as the experts. If you have a general understanding you can trust your gut and hope for the best. If you overanalyze things you can sometimes miss out on some great opportunities.

I'm really sorry that you dropped out of school. This can sometimes be the greatest mistake one can make in life. I really hope things turn out well for you in the end.

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9483

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:02:17 AM

Get the fuck out of here newbie, most of us have been here for years & have invested a load of money, blood, sweat & tears into bitcoin. We want & deserve to make great profits out of bitcoin. Why the hell else would anybody invest in anything other than to make money?

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:09:15 AM

These people aren't using it because they wan't to make payments etc. They are just buying it to make money; Therein lies the problem. They are not "adopting" bitcoin, they are using it to try and make a quick buck. Honestly, I think bitcoin is massively overvalued - About 1% of merchants accept it. Unless this new money keeps on flowing in or, bitcoin gets accepted by Amazon, eBay or another mainstream commerce company in the near future, the music is going to stop and with it, the price.

By all means, if you are buying bitcoin to purchase a car, make an over-seas transaction or, use it for gambling then go ahead. In fact it is 100% beneficial for the ecosystem to do so. Because at least then, you are using bitcoin for it's intended purpose; As a medium of exchange.

What do you think happens when people make payments with Bitcoin? Most businesses accepting Bitcoin will just exchange those Bitcoins directly for fiat once they receive them (Overstock is an exception).
People who are using Bitcoin as a long term investment aren't doing anything wrong and I also don't see how it hurts Bitcoin. People also use fiat currency for investment, people also save massive amounts of fiat currency without using it.

Ideally, I'd like to see even more investors get into Bitcoin, raise the marketcap and perhaps make it a bit less volatile in the future.
Bitcoin is just too volatile to be used as a means of exchange for most people.

Imagine getting your paycheck in Bitcoin and the next day you've just lost a couple of hundred dollars, now you're short for paying your bills etc.

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:15:44 AM

You really did not need to drop out of school just for Cryptocurrency. Feels like a dumb move. And as for the investors, that you are calling stupid because they did not bother to read the Bitcoin's whitepaper according to you, well it's not your money they are investing and that is how the world works. It is not stupid.  Stupid is dropping out of school for something you can easily devote some time to learn in your free time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: