Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:42:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RFD] Bitcoin Deterministic wallet  (Read 6737 times)
TierNolan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 07:13:48 PM

I like this idea and agree with da2ce7. I would prefer an email address and strong password to generate the key as this would further reduce the potential for collisions.

A shared secret could still be used to prevent loss due to forgetting the password (say the person dies).

It would be really nice to have a client-side script (either browser plugin or self-hosted javascript) that can query a web service to get your balance from an email/password combo

Isn't that basically giving the site your wallet.dat file?

1LxbG5cKXzTwZg9mjL3gaRE835uNQEteWF
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Luke-Jr
Legendary
expert

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:21:13 PM

Please use type 2 from https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19137.0 so we can have secure services!

bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 09:07:44 PM

It would be really nice to have a client-side script (either browser plugin or self-hosted javascript) that can query a web service to get your balance from an email/password combo

Isn't that basically giving the site your wallet.dat file?
No, it would be held in your browser until you refresh the page, with only the deterministic public addresses being queried. I said self-hosted so that you're sure that the site isn't posting your private key back to the main site, web based so that it's accessible everywhere.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: