Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:56:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin adress, what is that?  (Read 629 times)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

19qXxXnMwXxXKFjXxXW2AXxXMcfXxXxit (must be owned by bitcointalk.org users).
Bitcoin address is actually a wallet online, with online wallet you can perform various types of transactions such as receiving payment, sell / buy or transfer to other users.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hersey27

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:09:16 PM

As far as I know a Bitcoin address is a single-use token
Like e-mail addresses,where  you can send bitcoins to a person by sending bitcoins to one of their addresses.
However, unlike e-mail addresses, people have many different Bitcoin addresses and a unique
address should be used for each transaction.
Most Bitcoin software and websites
will help with this by generating
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:17:38 PM

Bitcoin address is the CODE of your bitcoin wallet. There are numerous bitcoin wallets available for free on the app store or play store.
But i personally use mycelium.
rxtwo

Activity: 224
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:09:28 AM

A Bitcoin address is like an email, where people use to send and receive funds when you are referring payment processor like PayPal.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:22:49 AM

I am a newbie here. Can somebody tell me what is "bitcoin adress"? Because i saw that i need to write it in my profile, but i don't know what is that, or where can i find it. Thanks a lot for help!

First of all you should research about bitcoin, you knew to Bitcointalk forum but you just ask "what is bitcoin address" although you can quite find out it on google
This is the answer which i found out on google
what is bitcoin address?
A Bitcoin address is a single-use token. Like e-mail addresses, you can send bitcoins to a person by sending bitcoins to one of their addresses. However, unlike e-mail addresses, people have many different Bitcoin addresses and a unique address should be used for each transaction

Well, that's completely wrong as an answer.

Frankly, the answer from a live forum with a mix of people has got to be superior because it's self correcting. A random Google search is not self correcting. By posting your Google result here I correct it. (Similarly, Wikipedia is self correcting)

A bitcoin address is not a single-use token, as can be easily seen by charities and other organizations that accept bitcoin via a posted receive address. Similarly, when you put an address in your sig it isn't single use.

A "bitcoin address" might be either a public key or a private key.
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:57:10 AM

A Bitcoin address is like an email, where people use to send and receive funds when you are referring payment processor like PayPal.

A Bitcoin address, or simply address, is an identifier of 26-35 alphanumeric characters, beginning with the number 1 or 3, that represents a possible destination for a bitcoin payment.
Source: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address

It is where payments of your services will be sent.  Like any address, like email, this goes all your electronic mails.  Bitcoins wallet address is where monetary payment of your services will be sent.  So bitcoin wallet address is very much important.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: