Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:51:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best strategy to profit from crash  (Read 1225 times)
BBart (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:01:40 PM

I will be honest, I regret the day that I did not start with bitcoin. It was in the very early days, value was still around $1. But I calculated that the costs of mining would exceed the value of the coin. Then around 2011 I had some money to 'invest' and considered bitcoin. I don't even want to calculate the value it would be now, that's just frustrating  Grin. But hindsight is always easy. If we could look into the future we would all be millionaires the next day.

But I could not stop following it because I like the technology and also the economic aspect. So I believe the point of investment is just gone. Even if it go's up to 100.000 this still would 'only' be about 10 times the value now, so not the mega profit from the early days.

But I'm convinced that bitcoin will crash some day. Not because of envy, but there are a lot of things pointing to a tipping point. A bubble for sure. The question is when will people realize this and when will the fall start.

So I'm pretty sure about this and this time I don't want to miss this opportunity. The question is, what would be the best strategy to profit from this crash? I thought CFD's and short-selling, but when it go's up a lot, I don't have the equity to hold the positions and they will be terminated/margin call. Also I don't trust the brokers, will they pay when the fall is huge?

We can discuss about a crash yes or no, but for me this is not a question anymore. The only question is, how can I make sure not to regret this opportunity this time.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:09:28 PM

I will be honest, I regret the day that I did not start with bitcoin. It was in the very early days, value was still around $1. But I calculated that the costs of mining would exceed the value of the coin. Then around 2011 I had some money to 'invest' and considered bitcoin. I don't even want to calculate the value it would be now, that's just frustrating  Grin. But hindsight is always easy. If we could look into the future we would all be millionaires the next day.

But I could not stop following it because I like the technology and also the economic aspect. So I believe the point of investment is just gone. Even if it go's up to 100.000 this still would 'only' be about 10 times the value now, so not the mega profit from the early days.

But I'm convinced that bitcoin will crash some day. Not because of envy, but there are a lot of things pointing to a tipping point. A bubble for sure. The question is when will people realize this and when will the fall start.

So I'm pretty sure about this and this time I don't want to miss this opportunity. The question is, what would be the best strategy to profit from this crash? I thought CFD's and short-selling, but when it go's up a lot, I don't have the equity to hold the positions and they will be terminated/margin call. Also I don't trust the brokers, will they pay when the fall is huge?

We can discuss about a crash yes or no, but for me this is not a question anymore. The only question is, how can I make sure not to regret this opportunity this time.

Like you many loose money earned in signature campaign and bought from the traders in the time 2013 or after that as well. People who ever in the forum before last halving everyone will think that looses huge amount of bitcoin what they earned.
If you wait to see any big dump that is not sure to find the price graph. Many people expects the bitcoin price to touch the 10k in this year end itself.
For your question, please buy huge amount of bitcoin when any dump happens in the chart.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BBart (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:37:16 PM

For your question, please buy huge amount of bitcoin when any dump happens in the chart.
Thank you, but for me this is not an option. I believe it will go down to zero. So I don't want to buy down hill and end up with nothing.

davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

Thank you, but for me this is not an option. I believe it will go down to zero. So I don't want to buy down hill and end up with nothing.

If you believe that bitcoin price will go down to zero,just  try to get a bitcoin loan before the crash.
If you get a 1 btc loan and the btc price is 7000 USD,you just sell the btc for fiat,the big crash happens so
the btc price is close to zero.You return the 1 btc loan with all the interest rate(just pay a few dollars to buy a cheap bitcoin) and keep the profits.
This is just my theory.I don`t believe it will work.You will need a big collateral for such loan.

glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:53:56 PM

Well this will not go down to zero. Also can you put some assumptions that defy that btc is bubble or it will crash in coming so badly that value will become zero. Yes a small dip is possible but to have a large crash it will really require a major countries to come together and ban btc or such negative news can make it value fall in a quick time.
BBart (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:08:13 PM

I believe I have some strong arguments and I understand you would like to discuss about it (maybe I will in another topic) but this will only distract from my main question. How to profit from this (in my opinion) unavoidable crash.

When so much people are so convinced it's so valuable, there must be enough people who I can bet against right? But when the fall is so heavy as I expect, these people must have very deep pockets to pay me and probably will not when push comes to shove.
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:11:01 PM

At this point, seeing btc below $2k is highly unlikely even in the worst of circumstances. If you remember the 2013-14 peak, it was a clear bubble, where after $1.2k, the price dropped to $300 and stagnated. In this case now, it dropped recently from $6.5k to $5.5k. Going by those trends, there is definitely going to be a correction after the fork. But it is unlikely that it will drop below $2k even in the worst of circumstances. Wait for the correction and pick up at the trough, and when it rises back up, you'll be able to profit.
BBart (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:19:35 PM

I understand and also appreciate all your opinions who are in favorite of bitcoin.

So let's say this is just an theoretical question if that helps. Let's say I'm just a stupid guy who thinks bitcoin will crash harder then ever before. Ok, now we are all done with laughing Grin, just imagine I am right. How could I make a ton of money out of this crash?

I don't blame you for not giving me the answer yet, because I don't have the strategy myself. Maybe I should not ask this in this Bitcoin forum but on a traders forum?  Undecided
Cointertrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:39:50 PM

Your only option when you go down to zero is to earn bitcoin through different ways of earning such as joining social media and signature campaign. But if you afford to buy bitcoin or altcoins that you will going to trade why not. Earning takes a very long time but with trading you can easily gain profit.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:44:09 PM

The thing here is that all of us dont really know on what would happen on next day and talking about crash its possible in anything either on forex, stocks and also to bitcoin which isnt really an exception.The important thing here is that we should really knowledgeable on the possible moves that we would do. Missing out golden opportunities cant really be avoided since we are just humans.
tommyvt

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

Can we raise finance from Bitcoin fast? I want to start up a business, but my finance is limited.
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:14:53 PM

Every time bitcoin took a hit it recovered and stood up again irregular to time. So next time when it takes a hit put your money in it and make profit when it recovers back and then wait again for the next hit.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:29:54 PM

Can we raise finance from Bitcoin fast? I want to start up a business, but my finance is limited.
You will never be able to attract to your business project people with bitcoins. It is not profitable. Any project you create will not be able to compete on the level of profitability of investing in bitcoins. This year we are already seeing the rise in price of bitcoin 7 times. You better bring Fiat.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:47:14 PM

The problem with this is that if it's a crash that would bring down bitcoin right to $0 in an instant, that would probably something not most people would be able to anticipate. It would be the finance equivalent of a meteor strike for dinosaurs - catastrophe out of nowhere.

Since you don't want to use more fiat since you insist it'll be worth zero anyway, then just stop buying bitcoins and hold it, then sell it all off at the first whiff of impending doom.   Grin
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:47:37 PM

Now profiting from btc is really hard if you have small amount of funds if you are a whale like everyone suggested buy huge amount of btc. Otherwsie you can just buy as many as btc you can and buy alt when btc is low when it starts rising your profit from alt will increase so is your total btc increases and your profit.

So helpful i mean come on you have $1k how can you profit from that.
Rienair

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:54:12 PM

I think it is very easy to make profit from a bitcoin crash because bitcoin is a pretty popular currency. There will always be some people who invest in it and make the bitcoin value go up again. That is why i think that if you just put all you money on bitcoin if it crashes you should be fine.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:08:27 PM

I will be honest, I regret the day that I did not start with bitcoin. It was in the very early days, value was still around $1. But I calculated that the costs of mining would exceed the value of the coin. Then around 2011 I had some money to 'invest' and considered bitcoin. I don't even want to calculate the value it would be now, that's just frustrating  Grin. But hindsight is always easy. If we could look into the future we would all be millionaires the next day.

There are two things is this post that would make me not to invest. Believing it is going to be worthless. If you believe so, stay way. You don´t go around investing in crap. The other is the "only" 10 times up. In the same test you don´t go in because 10X up is a small profit, but you are willing to go in and short for something you think goes down to zero. This would probably be a biggest mistake than not getting in at 1$...

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:32:26 PM

I believe I have some strong arguments and I understand you would like to discuss about it (maybe I will in another topic) but this will only distract from my main question. How to profit from this (in my opinion) unavoidable crash.

When so much people are so convinced it's so valuable, there must be enough people who I can bet against right? But when the fall is so heavy as I expect, these people must have very deep pockets to pay me and probably will not when push comes to shove.
Prior to the occurrence of crash, bitcoin prices often fell sharply. This is a good time to buy bitcoin. After that time bitcoin price will increase rapidly, bitcoin price will surpass the price before decrease

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:16:09 PM

Mega days gone buddy you have to accept the reality of earning profits with current rates only and go ahead and make a call for investment. If you loose this chance also then you want benefit at any time in future. People are investing without thinking anything and then also they are earning huge money from it. I believe that bitcoin will keep rising so its not the price which is making it expensive but its the time which is making it valuable. So, just invest!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:02:05 PM

The best strategy possible to profiting from the crash is by buying Bitcoin when it's at the bottom right before it turns back up again (which it always does eventually), or what some say as "buy the dip". You can do this by using a technical indicator called Bollinger Bands and as soon as the price jumps out of the Bollinger Bands, it's bound to come back the other way the price starting around then.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: