Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:20:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240290 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
yobigd20

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:47:03 PM

What bugs me the most is that why a team who raised $40 mln in funds wasn't capable of hiring a middle level Linux admin/developer who could do the job for a few thousands bucks?

I wish I am wrong, but this thought seems to be very logical to me. With that kind of budget there shouldn't be any shortage in team's skills set.

this bugs me too, because as it stands today their codebase (which is public on github) is nothing other than just a monero fork with a string replace of monero to electroneum.  literally 0 added intellectual property for blockchain technology.   i have no idea what they're devs are doing.  i guess they focused on the mobile app which is yet to be seen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zuzuca

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:51:03 PM

What bugs me the most is that why a team who raised $40 mln in funds wasn't capable of hiring a middle level Linux admin/developer who could do the job for a few thousands bucks?

I wish I am wrong, but this thought seems to be very logical to me. With that kind of budget there shouldn't be any shortage in team's skills set.

this bugs me too, because as it stands today their codebase (which is public on github) is nothing other than just a monero fork with a string replace of monero to electroneum.  literally 0 added intellectual property for blockchain technology.   i have no idea what they're devs are doing.  i guess they focused on the mobile app which is yet to be seen.
interesting points here..and also...why they opened a second thread for the same coin?  Huh
Mansen

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:53:42 PM

Same here, asia/EU pool missing coins i think.
Almost half of the submitted Hashes gave me 76.11 ETN...
After i understand they stole my hashpower,
i switched to hashparty.io and the ETN flow
again, even not as much as before (ye, diff. i know).

Pending Balance: 76.11 ETN
 Total Paid: 4774.00 ETN
 Last Share Submitted: about 24 hours ago
 Hash Rate: 0 H/sec
 Total Hashes Submitted: 256435615

Hurtman

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:57:38 PM

if i mine in cold wallet
how to transfer me coins to the exchange?
how to open my wallet?
P.S Sorry for my bad english
RACT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

I only trust 2 people,1 it's me,the other isn't U

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:04:08 PM

where do i get an adress to start mining?

boba02

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:08:41 PM

Okay, since we are on the subject, has anybody bothered to check the team behind the project?
I would have obviously done that if I wanted to invest into an ICO, so I'm curious if any of the investors took a closer look at the team to see how many of them have development skills and how many are in marketing and so on.
If the team's core is from the marketing then you know what to expect on development side Smiley

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
bgdmxd

Activity: 186

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:09:26 PM

It seems like they're holding funds from all official mining pools so they can sift ETN to pay ICO investors? Unlike ERC20 Tokens which can be issued with ease to ICO investors, Electroneum decided to use a fork of Monero which is based on Cryptonote tech, which means you cannot issue tokens, you have to mine them. I understand they pre-mined like 9 billion though? Or did they fuck up their pre-mine?

Maybe they fucked up with the pre-mine and are holding all official mining pools in order to pay ICO holders? Who knows I'm just being speculative here, but it's very odd that all official mining pools have stopped paying out miners, not to mention the ridiculous 4% mining fee! Should be max 2%.

It's highly unlikely because the amount of coins mined in those 10-12 hours would be just a fraction of the ICO coins.

I've been occasionally mining for a few years so I've seen this before - when a pool is mining and shows no blocks found - that's some kind of a glitch in a billing service, I guess.
I've also seen it many times when a team behind the pool was able to recover those blocks manually and issue payouts.

But that's when there are developers behind a pool who are interested in having a good reputation and to keep their pool running.
With Electroneum there may be a chance that the Dev team just simply abandoned their pools (they stated at the very beginning that they have no interest in creating the pools and they want to have more pools created by community).

True. I used to be a graduate assistant doing one of the shifts managing a small server cluster used by hundreds of faculty and staff, for only a few dollars an hour. It's not rocket science. It's understandable if the server got stuck for a couple of hours. It's unacceptable to leave it in limbo for days. Even if it's not a priority item for the devs, it's the "official" pool for a high profile project.

walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:13:12 PM

Okay, since we are on the subject, has anybody bothered to check the team behind the project?
I would have obviously done that if I wanted to invest into an ICO, so I'm curious if any of the investors took a closer look at the team to see how many of them have development skills and how many are in marketing and so on.
If the team's core is from the marketing then you know what to expect on development side Smiley

http://electroneum.com/#team

There seems to be a lot of development know-how in the team... (although there's little or no mention of QA, from what I can tell!)
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:13:53 PM

Yes, all of the innovation is in the centralized mobile mining side of the coin, and will not be put on github as this part of the project is not open source.

I know its frustraing that we got hacked by a huge botnet, but we will surive.

The devs are doing the right thing, but right now that isnt making people feel much better, but it does make me feel better because I wasnt going to sell until we hit $1-$2.

So the only difference it made to me,6 was to show we have a dev team will make the hard choice in the face of adversity, to DO THE RIGHT THING!!
x23a1s

Activity: 171

kiramine.com

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

Hey community and miner,

we want to announce our new pool to support Electroneum Coin.

We also have Nice Hash Support on all Pools for everybody who wants to put huge hashrates on it ;-)

etn.kiramine.com 2 % fee and min. payment 5 ETN

Our pools are based on highspeed servers based in one of the biggest datacenter of europe.

We are always reachable via email support@kiramine.com and a few hours a day via live chat included in our pool sites.

If anybody has special wishes to our pools, let us know, we can figure it out.

Our other pools:

sikka.kiramine.com 2%

b2b.kiramine.com   2%

freelabit.kiramine.com  2%

We wish happy mining on our pools  Wink

greetz

alex from kiramine team
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:28:06 PM

this bugs me too, because as it stands today their codebase (which is public on github) is nothing other than just a monero fork with a string replace of monero to electroneum.  literally 0 added intellectual property for blockchain technology.   i have no idea what they're devs are doing.  i guess they focused on the mobile app which is yet to be seen.

Yes, all of the innovation is in the centralized mobile mining side of the coin, and will not be put on github as this part of the project is not open source.

The devs are doing the right thing, but right now that isnt making people feel much better, but it does make me feel better because I wasnt going to sell until we hit $1-$2.

So the only difference it made to me,6 was to show we have a dev team will make the hard choice in the face of adversity, to DO THE RIGHT THING!!

Just on the hack, can you clarify what they got? The email stated to change email passwords, did the hackers get the email list of all investors? Is there a possibility we will get email from the hackers and not the legit dev to do something that could compromise our coins?
easyhash

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:30:05 PM

Easyhash.io
Electroneum mining pool

Nicehash support!

https://easyhash.io

RBPPS Payout System | Dedicated High End Servers For Maximum Availability | No Registration Required
| User Friendly Interface | 10 Minutes Payment Interval | Located In Central Europe

WebMiner
https://easyhash.io/web_miner

Mine crypto currency on any platform directly from your browser!

Contact Information

Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/FJJ75Q8Zf-EDECBj26csNw

boba02

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

Contraband,

Thank you for not ignoring my post this time.
But once again, the main question got ignored.

When the dev team will look into the pool?
Are they planning to do so?

I presume you are in constant communication with them, so why can't you share their plans?
If they have no time or intention to fix it, at least we would stop wasting our time trying to get some answers.

You keep saying the coin will cost much more and keep promising ICO and mobile miner release, but that's not what we are asking.
Frankly, how reliable mobile mining could be if a simple issue with a pool hasn't been addressed for 48 hours...

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
easyhash

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:40:51 PM

Contraband,

Thank you for not ignoring my post this time.
But once again, the main question got ignored.

When the dev team will look into the pool?
Are they planning to do so?

I presume you are in constant communication with them, so why can't you share their plans?
If they have no time or intention to fix it, at least we would stop wasting our time trying to get some answers.

You keep saying the coin will cost much more and keep promising ICO and mobile miner release, but that's not what we are asking.
Frankly, how reliable mobile mining could be if a simple issue with a pool hasn't been addressed for 48 hours...

Relax and join us at easyhash.io

Join our telegram if you need any assistanse to get mining

It's a new coin, there is always bugs and unforeseen issues in the beginning. Just the scale in this project...

Hurtman

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:47:17 PM

what to do about offline wallet ?
how can I use it?
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:47:25 PM

It seems like they're holding funds from all official mining pools so they can sift ETN to pay ICO investors? Unlike ERC20 Tokens which can be issued with ease to ICO investors, Electroneum decided to use a fork of Monero which is based on Cryptonote tech, which means you cannot issue tokens, you have to mine them. I understand they pre-mined like 9 billion though? Or did they fuck up their pre-mine?

Maybe they fucked up with the pre-mine and are holding all official mining pools in order to pay ICO holders? Who knows I'm just being speculative here, but it's very odd that all official mining pools have stopped paying out miners, not to mention the ridiculous 4% mining fee! Should be max 2%.

What's even more surprising is that a ETN has a max supply of 21,000,000,000 which is mind blowing considering the price is .09 right now. This coin should be well less then a cent based on pure fundamentals, granted the sheer amount of noobs and hype around the coin has generated tons of interested. I do like the fact 237890132709437094327021 noobs are learning what the hell a wallet-cli is and are learning about mining and the pain staking process behind it though. Tongue

they premined 60% of the coins, which you can see on block #1 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/tx/878ec74ff5f305ba30df3bae5f84bc59c8cb8cfbcc3df12f58dd7e646999892b

thats 12.6 billion coins premined out of total supply of 21 billion. supposedly 4.4 billion of that is for ico coins that are still waiting to be paid and the other 8.2 billion of the premine is for the "mobile simulated mining experience".  afaik this 8.2 billion premine for the mobile mining experience was NOT announced at all which comes as a massive surprise, and IMO its way to large and is going to really a gold mine for  hackers to simulate phones so they can accumulate more for themselves.  The other unmined 8.4 billion is for desktop miners who mine the actual blockchain (mobile mining experience does not mine the blockchain or find any blocks at all, its fake mining, and this WAS CLEARLY communicated in their technical white papers which apparently nobody read and this furthered a lot of misunderstanding/mistrust/miscommunication.)

the reason for the high 4% fee they said is because they wanted to encourage other pools to pop up (they themselves did not want to be the main pool that everyone uses).  

they did say one of the purposes of ETN was to "introduce" everyday people into the crypto world , which is sort of working, but unfortunately the failed launch of the desktop wallet and ico coins and the lack of good communication from the company I think is just pissing off more people so its kind of backfiring.  especially since a lot of people really thought they'd be able to mine a lot using cpus when in reality they didnt stand a chance against the pro gpu miners.  They should have communicated better expectations for sure.  Combine that with the the completely broken official electroneum pools (which they have yet to address which is even more embarrassing to them), and its really just a disaster launch.  

for me personally I mined a *lot* of coins right from the start and sold them all, but I knew what I was doing when everyone else was scrambling how to use their desktop cpu miner they downloaded (and unfortunately pointed them at the broken pools which they would have no idea of why they werent getting anything), and even many gpu miners had no idea how to mine monero.   i'm also an investor, and waiting for the ico release, and i do expect a dump at first but after this initial dump I'm hoping people get over the all the distaste going on (yes, they messed up big time), but in general for their future I think they do have something big especially with the online gambling and gaming aspects..., so i expect the coin will rise back up at some point.
They say that they thought of hackers simulating phones and people using lots of phones and have something in place to stop it happening.  The video on facebook is worth watching, makes me think they have thought a lot of things through and when they get the immediate problems sorted out, this coin could be worth holding.
xkazaamx

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:49:59 PM

Actually hiring a good dev, is NOT easy at all. It takes a lot of time and effort. We are a development team, so I know what thats like. Only people don't know it, say things like we can just hire, oh its just writing code... BS. Go do it and tell me how its like.
willmining

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:11:49 PM

Is the request to change wallet password legit? any proof?
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:35:18 PM

I'm glad that we have a moderated thread because of so many useless post, some of them are fuds, some scam coins threads moderate their thread but electroneum is an exception, this is a real project with real and experts people on board let's give them a benefit of the doubt.
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:01:23 PM

this bugs me too, because as it stands today their codebase (which is public on github) is nothing other than just a monero fork with a string replace of monero to electroneum.  literally 0 added intellectual property for blockchain technology.   i have no idea what they're devs are doing.  i guess they focused on the mobile app which is yet to be seen.

Just on the hack, can you clarify what they got? The email stated to change email passwords, did the hackers get the email list of all investors? Is there a possibility we will get email from the hackers and not the legit dev to do something that could compromise our coins?

Yes, there is a possibility that you will get a phishing email from the hackers. One of the admins on Telegram believes he got one himself.

Be careful guys!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: