Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple (and possibly stupid) Question  (Read 330 times)
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:54:54 PM

I am new to Bitcoin but I’ve been doing a bunch of research and learning. VERY interesting stuff! I invested a small amount a few months ago and I’ve seen my investment triple. I’m cautious but I’m all in and plan to slowly add to my wallet.

One thing confuses me. Who and what actually sets the current price? I understand how things like China taking a negative stand on bitcoin can drive the price down, but don’t understand the very basics of  how the price actually moves. Is it a function of how many people own it at any given time, so as people buy and sell,  the price of a coin increases and decreases?

Thanks in advance for your info!

This question you are asking is what even legendary members are even seeking answers to but no one can say for certain as we all then settle for the most explainable reasons for why price is what it is at any particular point in time. Since you are a newbie, as you move on, you get to realise that you can't have answers to everything but what matter is how you can make the best out of the current situation whether now, or in the future.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:19:05 PM

Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency whose price  is totally depended upon it's demand and popularity.People are getting to know about the potential of Bitcoin and that's why demand for Bitcoin is increasing day by day.The price generally increases when people start investing in it. When people sell there BTC's , a drop is seen in it's price.For example after China banned ICO's and exchanges and after J.P. Morgan's statememt their was a huge drop in the price because many people sold there BTC's because they were worried after noticing that downfall in the price .But now the demand for Bitcoin is increasing which is making it the finest investment asset that's why you got your investments tripled in few months.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: