Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:49:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction on why bitcoin could go down? Segwit2 Fork , will it go down or up?  (Read 618 times)
iamsange

Activity: 815
Merit: 391

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:41:04 AM

after fork maybe people start to sell their coins back so it will effected for bitcoin price globally. so do i, i wait for the november fork and then will sell my coins
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoincollector03 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:12:09 AM

We consider below case too:

Bitfinex will be banning US citizens on Nov 9. What do you think? will it go down?

No. They will move them to coinbase or to offline wallets. I think a new industry will rise up to takeover what Bitfinex lost. I think BTC is better without them because they probably decided to leave the us market because they couldn’t uphold the tighter regulations.

This is what i thought too. Probably this doesnt have affect at all.  THanks for your input.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:14:03 AM

Just visit bitcoin wisdom website for once to see the difficulty changes throughout time, Every time bitcoin price had increased the difficulty increased soon after, With only a few days delay. After the fork obviously bitcoin hashrate will go down because some of the miners will switch to the other chain for mining, But just like bitcoin cash hard fork and miners switching to that chain bitcoin will remain the longest chain with the highest hashrate, They will see that they made a mistake and switch back, Price won't drop.
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:23:15 AM

I have to agree with the statement that bitcoin price may go down after the next fork because this recent price which is increasing crazily is the effect of the upcoming fork. Many people buy bitcoin lately because they want to make profit from the fork by holding btc as much as they can.
Once they received what they expect, they will start to sell their btc and the dump may happen. So we should be ready for it.
Ceto84

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:42:15 AM

I believe you are asking the wrong question, The real question is will there even be a bitcoin as we know it after the fork, bitcoin core doesn't own the majority hash power anymore because of the bloody NYA agreement, not to talk about the lack of replay protection which might as well shoot bitcoin core in the face, oh and lets not forget the FOMO that ensues every time something goes ever so slightly wrong even though its such a new technology.
Im a huge bull for bitcoin, always, but at times like this when we are so clearly under attack through a corporate and miner take over we have to think: its not about btc's price increasing or decreasing its about conserving the principle that attracts the money in the first place, censorship resistance.
I think we will be okay this coming hard fork, but I don't think price should be anyones main issue. Today is Bitfury, Coinbase, Jaxx, and BitPay; Tommorrow it will be the US, China Russia or Japan...
matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:46:23 AM

Lets discuss the factors that will make bitcoin down or high.

Any prediction on when we can see bitcoin to go down? Like this coming segwit2 fork, Is there a chance to it will go down?

Need to know when to buy and sell to gain.
Any tips when to buy and sell?

What do we expect in the future , Since china is resuming soon. South korea should probably too. Russia regulating crypto on June 2018?
Any other cons and pros to check?

In my opinion, there's a huge possibility that its market value will fall a day before and during the segwit2x and will eventually increase right after the hardfork. Same thing eill happen just like the recent fork, in my opinion. But the best thing to do if ever there'l be declines on its value is to hold and patiently wait until it again increase. Preferrably, you should buy and invest to Bitcoin now since the fork is mot yyet happening.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

I think bitcoin will go down but not that really far down compared to the altcoins who went swimming down after the fork. It might probably drop to a thousand worth or the next time it will go down so far down will be when halving occurs which is I think on year 2020. I personally think bitcoin will still continue to go up until the early months of next year.
kqyyzmlc

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:08:17 AM

Down, I guess it's going to go down.Reason is very simple, because the currency rose from $3700 to $7200 now, don't have any strength to support the currency on the prices continue upward momentum, the bull market has to end.So I think now we can sell some of the bitcoins, maybe buy some ETH, dash and other competitive virtual currencies would be more secure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: