Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More and more BitcoinATMs  (Read 498 times)
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:20:27 PM

Hope that it can be happen in the future here in my country but until now we are still had 1 bitcoin atm here and hoping that they can add more bitcoin atm so that othr people could be aware about bitcoin atm that can attract more other people here if they know about bitcoin and if they use bitcoin they know that they can instantly withdraw your money from bitcoin to fiat or deposit your money and exchange into bitcoin ..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:27:20 PM

Do you think if there is any chance that amount of BitcoinATM will be similar as normal ATM in the future?

I don't really see a big need for them. You already have crypto cards, that let you withdraw using normal ATMs and if you want to be able to use ATMs to buy bitcoin, then there will be a much better option in my opinion, that is going to be using the Pundi infrastructure. Their devices are small, and can be used in any store, almost like "merging" those local stores into the blockchain. You will e able to buy and sell crypto on any local store, using a plastic card or a mobile app. You will also be able to buy goods in the store using the same devices. The devices are small and portable, support multiple coins, and have multiple functions. It's just way better than a common ATM in my opinion.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:30:54 PM

Do you think if there is any chance that amount of BitcoinATM will be similar as normal ATM in the future?
everything will be possible if the purpose and the result is to move the progress of a country and economic progress of its citizens but for now is still too far from that goal because facility facility and supporter to access bitcoin in my country still too minimal
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:42:55 PM

Hope that it can be happen in the future here in my country but until now we are still had 1 bitcoin atm here and hoping that they can add more bitcoin atm so that othr people could be aware about bitcoin atm that can attract more other people here if they know about bitcoin and if they use bitcoin they know that they can instantly withdraw your money from bitcoin to fiat or deposit your money and exchange into bitcoin ..

I think that's very good. People can be easier to transact in traditional markets or places that do not receive transfers. Some places of sale are still using cash and do not want to use credit cards.

Although in fact, the easiest thing is to transact using a smartphone. Just a barcode scan is enough and safe. I doubt if people can hack and steal other people's money without knowing the passwords of others. The hackers must definitely know our password to steal our money. So we have to be careful and use a complicated password. We should use uppercase and small letters and symbols.

But I'm curious, who created atm for Bitcoin? And how do they make money?
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:46:00 PM

What do you think is there any chance that amount of BitcoinATM will be similar as normal ATM in the future?
Yes as the awareness of bitcoin grows in the world people will need more bitcoin atms.
But i think government should get involved to make btcoin atms.
That will make user feel safe plus government can profit from transactions.

Say what?!
Goverment+ BTC is against everything that block chain stands for.
And I do not see any point of BTC ATMS at all only as marketing tool.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Felix1

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:54:43 PM

Bitcoin machines are not ATMs in the traditional sense and probably use the wording ATM as a neologism. Bitcoin kiosks are machines which are connected to the Internet, allowing the insertion of cash in exchange for bitcoins given as a paper receipt or by moving money to a public key on the blockchain. They look like traditional ATMs, but Bitcoin kiosks do not connect to a bank account and instead connect the user directly to a Bitcoin exchange. I live in Torontoand it has become extremely easy nowadays here. Soon, it is going to be all over the world!! And that is really cool.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:12:47 AM

Well, I can see that in the future. I think that would be a good thing to consider too since the bitcoin transactions now really in the high fees and maybe these ATM's will be nice to withdraw your funds from anywhere you go as long as ATM would be cover on that area. These will be good for travelers who has bitcoin on their wallets and ATM cards because they can go anywhere they go even few dollars do they have on their pockets but because of the presence of bitcoin ATM's it would be possible.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:39:37 AM

I guess so! since bitcoin is being more popular everyday. And there is a certain project where the main objective is to build more ATM machines in the united states for bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency. And then later in some part of the world. And I think it is just a start of bitcoin ATM's evolution.
Bitcoin ATM Project

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.bitcoinatmproject.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:38:51 AM

I guess so! since bitcoin is being more popular everyday. And there is a certain project where the main objective is to build more ATM machines in the united states for bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency. And then later in some part of the world. And I think it is just a start of bitcoin ATM's evolution.

Bitcoin ATMs are the future. The key is having low enough fees so that current experienced Bitcoin users will want to use ATMs instead, and to be in enough locations that mainstream awareness of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies grows enough that the average user is drawn in to the Bitcoin world. If everyone started using these ATMs as a bank account alternative (one with much higher interest rates) then it would benefit us all.
Or if you need to withdraw a larger amount of money than a normal ATM card would allow in a day. Or send money across the country to someone instantly at 2 am without having to pay a heavy fee like Western Union.

These machines are more than just marketing (even though they do help bring awareness); its just the potential uses grow according to how common the ATMs are. Bitcoin itself can be much more useful than fiat cash, again its uses grow the more people are aware of it, more people that have it, and more that are willing to pay for or accept transactions with it. You can't pay your buddy back the $20 you owe him in Bitcoin if he doesn't know what it is, at least he probably won't want it.

The big complaints about Bitcoin ATMs aside from not enough locations is lack of altcoin support, inability to sell Bitcoin at most machines, and the biggest the high fees (up to 25%)! If Bitcoin was more mainstream, ATM companies could afford lower fees because their machines would have more users. If there were more machines (more competition among ATM companies) then the fees would also go down - one day there could be several ATMs in every town, run by separate operators competing with each other on prices. Like say gas stations across the street from each other each trying to have the best price on gas.

moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:12:28 AM

What about the price changes in bitcoin does this possibly affect the development of bitcoin ATMs?
there are some countries that still prohibit payments with bitcoins. May they realize that the World has changed rapidly.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:01:33 AM

As awareness of bitcoin gets expanding there will be more bitcoin ATM. This will enable power that may not want to user exchangers to go straight to the bitcoin ATM  and exchange their bitcoin to fiat. The bitcoin ATM will further give people confidence in bitcoin. People will see bitcoin as a currency that can be easily cash out.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:34:09 AM

I don't think so, no. The way I see it, Bitcoin ATMs are a novelty more than anything. I love them, because they serve as excellent advertisments, showing people that there truly is money in Bitcoin, but as for their original utility, I personally find them kind of useless.

All your Bitcoin transactions could be done at and within the safety of your home, online. You can buy, sell and trade to your heart's content, pretty much 24/7 for as long as you have electricity and an internet connection. That being said, when will you truly need to use an ATM? Should you need to buy for an emergency, you only need to log into your exchange and buy. There may be a few scenarios when Bitcoin ATMs could save the day, but I don't know. They just seem impractical in the grand scheme of things.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: