Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Forums usage is Exploding  (Read 1403 times)
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:35:14 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 02:52:41 AM by dillpicklechips

Either someone whacks theymos on the head[1], and he realizes that his policies are absurdly stupid, or he steps down. Until one of these two happens, not much is going to change here.

[1] Before some crybaby screams 'violence', this was obviously not meant literally.
I go with whacking his head. Who will? There should be someone who have a great voice here to take the initiative doing so. Stepping down would be hard to do (if you know what I mean).

I think they are simply understaffed. I have seen staff members react quickly to reports and all of my reported posts were always dealt with within hours. The main problem IMO is they have not enough privileges. More people should be able to restore accounts and more people should be put to work to actively remove spam instead of waiting for reports from other users. I know there's enough money to pay them and some people would surely work for tips, just to make thee experience better for all of us.
I have already suggested to add atleast 1 more admin making it 3. One for developing forum software and as a chief administrator (which is theymos), another for support (recovering hacked account and etc.) and lastly an admin who will be hands on implementing rules and the trouble of doing so (ban hammer, ban appeals and etc.)

I remembered there was this person (I can't remember who) who said that where will they get money to pay them. ("Will it be me?" , he added.) The forum's income is more than ten(s) of thousands every week. I think that's enough to just add one more person. You see, admins are needed, an active one. Base on what I see, mods can't do much.

Not sloppily, as you see many of these Asian--no offense to Asians--shitposters plop onto the forum.  It's clear that they're silly and ignorant and only put in as much effort as they have to in order to get paid.
No need to generalize Asians tho. I've known some Asians who have a top notch English both oral and written. Asians are not all about Chinese, Japanese and Koreans (no offense) there are those whose accent is not what you think but rather a neutral one. There are even native English speakers who aren't a master of their own language.

The point is that no need to be... Though influences around your country can affect your mastery in English.

By the word, "many" then yes there are a lot but I try to understand them. Having a sloppy english and doing a shit post at the same time, double problem and worst combination a shitposter can have (imo).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chip211

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:24:22 AM

now you have to research the amount of new post that are made each month more and you have obviously in this forum an exponential development

https://i.imgur.com/OsnW6HQ.jpg

for me this looks like a very huge growth
regards
i think all this growth is because shitdrops, massive spam in last two months most of them are bran new or newbie accounts with the same fucking post 'joined....'.
I think like you, there are so many new accounts appearing every day and the  spam appears in common, it makes the forums washy.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:52:53 AM

Having this huge increase on bitcoin user,i think its a good news for us all that its being popularized worldwide.whats important is the management of spammers and the noobs.we must be aware of the over crowded forum in which lots of nonsense is talking around,.and this is the right time for the altcoins to bloom.lets help the cryptoworld to increase all the value of alts by advertising them more often giving them more sympathy than just always bitcoin were talking of

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 06:00:59 AM

your nativity
Ah yes, it's almost Christmas again.  Big-out-of-breath LOL
There's a reason for which he is on the SMAS list; we have good bullshit detectors. Cheesy

I go with whacking his head. Who will? There should be someone who have a great voice here to take the initiative doing so. Stepping down would be hard to do (if you know what I mean).
Not necessarily. Others have stepped down in the past, even though the roles weren't exactly identical (see sirius).

I think like you, there are so many new accounts appearing every day and the  spam appears in common, it makes the forums washy.
A nice example would be those absolutely brain damaged users who constantly post bounty applications in the wrong thread, but yeah let's all pretend these are "new users" and give them the benefit of the doubt. Give me a break.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:44:43 PM

your nativity
Ah yes, it's almost Christmas again.  Big-out-of-breath LOL
There's a reason for which he is on the SMAS list; we have good bullshit detectors. Cheesy

Not necessarily. Others have stepped down in the past, even though the roles weren't exactly identical (see sirius).

A nice example would be those absolutely brain damaged users who constantly post bounty applications in the wrong thread, but yeah let's all pretend these are "new users" and give them the benefit of the doubt. Give me a break.

so what will we see will this forum grow and develop itself or will it end in a destructive paranoia?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:09:05 PM

so what will we see will this forum grow and develop itself or will it end in a destructive paranoia?
The way that it is currently going, and has been going for quite some time, destructive paranoia (weird wording). You must realize that the majority of legit people, and by this I mean:
1) Users with very deep understanding of Bitcoin.
2) Non scammers.
3) Non spammers.
4) Non account farmers.
5) Active traders and/or community builders.

have either left or severely reduced their involvement with this place due to the reasons that I've been voicing my strong disapproval of for quite some time now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:11:21 PM

The way that it is currently going, and has been going for quite some time, destructive paranoia (weird wording). You must realize that the majority of legit people, and by this I mean:
1) Users with very deep understanding of Bitcoin.
2) Non scammers.
3) Non spammers.
4) Non account farmers.
5) Active traders and/or community builders.

have either left or severely reduced their involvement with this place due to the reasons that I've been voicing my strong disapproval of for quite some time now.

hmm well ok fine, then it seems there are future blockchain investment and kapital exchange plattforms, this forum is anyway extremly bitcoinfixed,

can you reccomend me some communities?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: